Growing up......... BoyxBoy O...

By Blu_Butterfli

Lucas Lakes is a 17 year old who is hated by his family. He is part of a set of triplets but you would never... More

Growing up.............. (boyxboy)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30...... Epilogue....... Grown up........

Chapter 17

24.4K 704 227
By Blu_Butterfli

"Wake up you guys, Gran's going to be here in about twenty minutes." Lace yelled through my door as she pounded on it. Holden and I have been up talking for about an hour but we were still in bed cuddling.

"We will be out in about ten." Holden yelled back to her after covering my eyes. His voice vibrated his chest making me giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asked looking down at me.

"It tickled when you yelled." I said sitting up and rubbing my ear.

"Sorry about that." He said clearly not sorry.

"Let's get up." I said and started to pull the covers off of us.

"I wish we didn't have too." He said yawning.

"It was your bright idea to watch the sun rise." I said with a smirk.

"Well we did watch it set last night so why not watch it rise in the morning." He said pulling me back on top of him so he could kiss me. I let a moan escape my lips before I could stop it. I felt him smile before breaking the kiss.

"We should get ready." I said blushing like an idiot and smiling like a fool.

"Yeah, but I will make you make that sound later." He said jumping out of bed and heading for the bathroom leaving me to blush even more before getting dressed.

We all made it up to the main house before Grandmother showed. Dad looked just as upset as I felt. My stomach was in knots and I felt the need to run but Holden was keeping me in my seat.

"She's here." Lacey said bouncing up and down before running out the door. Holden squeezed my hand trying to calm me down.

"Welcome, Bee." dad said once Lacey and Grandmother walked in the door.

"Thank you, Jim" (Okay I don't know if I had given the dad a name or not if so I couldn't find it so if I did I am now changing it to Jim, sorry and thanks.) Grandmother said shaking his hand.

"Let me show Gran around before we have lunch." Lace said.

"Okay, that will give me time to finish it." Dad said.

"So far I have to say this is a lovely place." Grandmother said.

"I love this house Gran, wait until you see the rest." Lace said pulling her out of the kitchen and into the living room. We all watched as she drug her from room to room until they headed up the stairs.

I helped dad finish making the sandwiches and we made a veggie tray with different dips. Landon and Holden set the table and put ice tea and lemon aide out for everyone. I could hear Lace and Grandmother walking and talking through out the house making me even more nervous that they would soon be back down here.

"Lunch is ready." Landon yelled. I quickly went and sat next to Holden and grabbed his hand. He knew that my Grandmother kind of scared me so he just squeezed my hand and reassured me that everything was going to be okay.

Once everyone was seated Dad started to pass the plate with sandwiches on it. We all took our fill and did the same with the macaroni salad. Lacey and Landon chatted with Grandmother while the rest of us stayed quiet. 

"I would like to start off by saying how sorry I am on how I treated you Lucas and you Jim. I can't not believe that I believed everything that came out of my daughters mouth. Becca (again I looked everywhere to see if I had given Luc's mom a name and couldn't find it so Becca is it from here on out if I did give her a name sorry if not well now you know.) has always been like this. I thought for sure she would have grown up by now. And I honestly though she had changed once she was married and had the triplets. I used to see right through her selfishness. It breaks my heart that she has done all of this and I have missed out on so much of my grandson's life." Grandmother said.

"Well, I really wish I would have known how she was before I married her. I don't regret my kids but I do wish they had a different mother. I loved her and didn't see if so I am just as much to blame because when I did see it, it was too late. I had already lost." Dad said.

"I should have stepped in when thing had started to go down hill and asked all the questions that I wanted too. But my dumb ass husband stopped me. He was always the one who gave her what she wanted when she wanted it and he is the reason she is the way she is." Grandmother said.

"So what is going to happen with her now? I don't want her involved with the kids if she is going to try and harm them again." Dad said.

"The only one she has issues with is Lucas. I think it is because he was the smallest and got all the attention and she saw that as him trying to take her spotlight. Landon and Lacey never were the focus of her hate. She didn't see them as threats more of allies." Grandmother said.

"But we are nothing like her." Landon said.

"But you need to understand something. Lucas was really small when he was little. And because of that he was sick a lot. People were always asking about him and not you or your sister. And that pissed off your mom. She started to leave Lucas home with a babysitter and take you guys out. She could shine as a wonderful mother with two health kids and stay in the spot light. Your dad always stayed with Lucas. So she started to resent your dad for not playing attention to her. It had nothing to do with you kids." Grandmother said.

"When ever she would go out and buy you guys stuff like a new bike or a new movie I would do the same for Luc to make it fair. We would fight about it all the time. She didn't think Luc deserved anything because he didn't do anything to get anything new. You two were like an act for her. She would teach you something and when her so called friends were around she would have you start acting it out. When I realized what was going on I tried to stop it but she kicked me out and slapped me with the restraining order and divorce papers." Dad said.

"But Luc wasn't always sick was he?" Holden asked.

"No, but he was still smaller then his brother and sister so people would always say how cute he was but they would also say he was too skinny and maybe if he ate more he wouldn't be so sickly." Dad said.

"Do you think mom neglected him and that is why he is so small?" Lace asked.

"Not when I was around but you know how shit went down after I was forced to leave." Dad said.

"Yeah, she lied to us and had us help make his life hell."Landon said shaking his head with a frown.

"Your mother has lied and manipulated everyone into thinking your brother was a no good drug addict and that your dad was a worthless father who didn't want his kids or to pay for them." Grandmother said.

"I paid my child support plus send extra money every month." Dad said getting pissed.

"And I paid my own rent and bought my own food, clothes and car." I said finally speaking.

"I cannot believe she made you pay rent. I still don't know what the hell she was thinking." Dad said shaking his head.

"I don't know but I did everything she asked just so I had a roof over my head." I said.

"You shouldn't have had to do any of that. I paid for the roof over your head. That house was paid for plus she was getting over a thousand dollars a month from me." Dad said folding his hands in front of him.

"When I stopped him from paying rent she sold or burned all his bedroom stuff. Dad told her to get him some new stuff so she got an air mattress and two totes. He locked it all in his closet so she added a lock to that so he couldn't get to it." Lace said.

"Is that the night she hit him?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, and that is the night I broke into the closet to get his stuff and the night we moved out and Lace called Gran." Landon said.

"Well, it is a good thing she is going to stay with her father. I don't think I could take another day with her. The hospital said there is nothing wrong with her but I really think they are wrong. I think she snowballed them." Grandmother said.

"Is she moving or just going for a visit?" Dad asked.

"I'm not sure, I am hoping she moves up there. She was talking about selling the house. She said she couldn't afford the bills without the child support." Grandmother said.

"She shouldn't have very many bills. Her car is paid for, the house is paid for. I pay the cable, electric and the taxes because I still own the house. I won it in the divorce but told the judge that I wanted her and the kids to stay in it." Dad said.

"Well, Jim you might want to check on everything because she was talking to a Realtor about selling it." Grandmother said.

"I have the title and deed to the house there is no way she can sell it but I will call and check on things. When is she leaving?" I asked.

"They should be gone by now. Larry was supposed to call me once they made it so I am waiting for that call." She said.

"What does, Grandfather think of all this?" Landon asked.

"He has never thought your mom has done anything wrong so he thinks this is all your dad's fault and that Lucas really is a drugaddict." She said giving me a sad smile.

"I have never done drugs." I said shaking my head.

"I knew I should have done some checking when I paid for rehab." Dad mumbled.

"I paid for a thing of rehab myself and didn't check into it so don't beat yourself up over it." Grandmother said.

"How much did she get out of you?" Dad asked.

"Twenty-five thousand." She said.

"What, she got me for ten. What the hell did she do with the money?" Dad asked pissed off now.

"I think I know." Lace said. " I think that is where Landon and I's new cars came from and all family vacations that we went on." She said.

"Where did you guys go?" Dad asked.

"Hawaii, Paris and Italy." Landon said.

"Did you go?" Dad asked me.

"No, I had to work, plus I didn't know they were going anywhere I normally stayed away from the house as much as I could even if I wasn't working. Half the time I didn't even know they went anywhere until they were back and bragged about it." I said with a shrug.

"Mom told us you couldn't go because you were afraid to fly and that you were staying with Gran." Lace said.

"No I stayed on my own." I said.

"We were twelve when we went to Italy." Landon said a little shocked.

"I know, I had two jobs that year. I had my paper route and worked at the store as a bag boy." I said.

"We were gone for two weeks." Lace said.

"I didn't realize you guys were gone until a couple days before you got back. I worked, I stayed at the park or I hide out in my hiding spot. I never liked being home anyways so i stayed as far away from there as much as I could." I said.

"I really wish I would have checked into this stuff after the divorce. My twelve year old son was home a lone for two fucking weeks." Dad said pushing his self away from the table.

"She had us all fooled." Grandmother said.

"Well she is damn lucky nothing happened to my kids while they were in her care." Dad said before storming into the living room.

"I think I am going to start cleaning up." i said and got up to start gathering plates and stuff.

"I'm going to go talk to dad." Landon said.

"I'll help with the clean up." Grandmother said standing to help me.

"Babe, I am going to head home and get my homework and stuff. I will be back in a little while." Holden said kissing me before heading out the door.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Grandmother asked.

"Yes, his name is Holden." I said smiling.

"YOU TWO ARE GOING OUT NOW?" Lace asked looking shocked but happy.

"Yes, I asked him last night." I said giggling.

"Oh yeah, you took him to that one place in town. How was it was it as good as everyone says it is?" She asked.

"Oh man, it was so good. I am going to save my money so we can go again. It was really worth the money." I said.

"So is that where you asked him out at?" She asked. My sister the fan girl who would have thought?

"No I took him to the beach and we walked along the water until the sun set and then I asked him." I said chuckling.

"That is so flipping romantic." Lace said giggling.

"I think it is the sweetest thing I have ever heard." Grandmother said wiping her eyes. I hugged her and patted her back before letting go. I was shocked in myself and I think I shocked her as well.

"Lucas, I am so proud of you. I think despite everything you have turn out to be a really well rounded man. I am proud to have three wonderful grandchildren.

"Why thank you, Grandmother." I said with a small smile.

"Don't call me that please. Your Grandfather is an ass and he is the one who insisted that you guys called us that. I hate it. Call me Gran." She said hugging me again.

"Okay, Gran. Thank you." I said hugging her back.

Gran wanted to know everything I had been up to since I had seen her last so as we cleaned I told her. Dad came back and listened to everything also. Landon had managed to calm him down and he seems to be doing a lot better. We had decided that Gran should come over at least once a month for dinner so we could all play catch up. After she left I helped dad with dinner because his girlfriend and her kids would be here in a couple hours. Holden came back and the two of us decided that we should go do my shopping before they got here.

We headed to Wal-Mart where I bought a small TV, a cheap blue-ray player and a cheap laptop. I hated to spend the money but now Holden and I can cuddle in bed and watch movies. He talked me into buying a few movies that we both liked and then we picked up some snacks.

"We better hurry dad will freak if we are not there before his girlfriend." I said after we loaded every thing into my truck and was heading home.

"We have a little over an hour." Holden said taking my free hand.

We made it back and put everything in my room. We would mess with it later. Holden did make sure my computer was on charge before we left. I could smell the meatloaf when we walked into the main house. It smelled so good. I checked to make sure the baked potatoes were in the oven before I went to find my dad and the others.

"Your back, good dinner is about done and Lisa and the girls should be here soon." He said looking nervous.

"Calm down dad we promise not to embarrass you." I said laughing.

"That's not it. I really want tonight to go over well." He said.

"It will, we will all be on our best behavior." I said.

"I know you will." He said looking a little better.

"He's been pacing back and forth for the last twenty minutes." Lace said from the couch.

"I think he is more nervous then the three of us put together." Landon said laughing.

"Okay, okay. I am going to calm myself down and just go with the flow." Dad said right before the door bell rang making him jump about a mile.

"I"LL GET IT." Lace yelled and jumped up to run to the door. We all just kind of stood or sat where we were waiting for whoever was on the other side to walk in.

"Lisa, Stella, Sydney these are my kids. Lacey, Landon and Lucas and this is Luc's boyfriend Holden. Kids Lisa, Stella and Sydney." Dad said. Everyone started talking at once shaking hands and smiling.

"It is so nice to finally meet you." Lace said once we were all seated at the dinning room table.

"Same here. Your dad has talked nonstop about all of you." Lisa said.

"He has done the same about the three of you." Landon said. Not really but I guess he thought he should say it.

"So what grade are you girls in?" I asked.

"I'm in ninth." Stella said. She did look familiar but I had never talked to her.

"I'm in seventh." Sydney said.

"We're all in eleventh." Lace said.

"I know who you guys are." Stella said with a little attitude.

"Really, wow okay. So are you into any sports or anything?" Lace asked. She was really trying to figure this girl out.

"Nope, I am more into drama and choir." Stella said.

"That's cool, I was in a play my freshmen year." Lace said.

"Yeah, so was I." Landon said. I was shocked to learn this myself.

This caused a little conversation to start between Lacey and Stella. Lisa seemed to be relaxing a little because of it. 

"I really like this house. I love the openness to it." Lisa said looking around.

"When we are done with dinner I will show you guys around." Dad said smiling.

"I can't wait." Sydney said.

"Next time you guys come we will check out the outside. There is a pool and a small pool house. There is an apartment that my kids live in out back and we are going to build a game room/movie room down stairs." Dad said.

"I want to come next weekend." Sydney said.

"Maybe, we should let them get settled in more." Lisa said.

"Nonsense we are settled." Lacey said smiling.

"Okay we then maybe we can come next Saturday for the whole day." Lisa said smiling at all of us before turning her loving eyes on our dad. She loved him. There is no way she will turn him down.

"Cool" Sydney said looking happy. Stella didn't look to happy but faked the smile for her mom.

The rest of dinner went well and then we all gathered in the living room for a movie. Stella stayed close to her mom not letting dad get to close that upset me in a way but maybe she had her reasons. I would have to ask dad about it later. When the movie was over the four of us headed home giving dad time with Lisa and her kids. 

"You staying the night?" Landon asked Holden.

"Yeah, next week I have to help my mom so I am not going to be over a lot." He said. His mom wanted to repaint the living room and kitchen so he would be helping her when he wasn't working.

"Brook said she is leaving again right after school gets out and will be gone for a couple weeks." Lace said.

"Yeah, she is going to talk to your dad about us staying here. She doesn't mind us being home for a week but she said this job could take up to three weeks and she doesn't want us alone that long." He said.

"Cool, maybe we all could do something together." Landon said.

"I am hoping to switch to days once school is out so we can have our nights free. I want to go camping at the spot we found plus we need to start clearing that pond." He said to Landon.

"I'll see if I can switch to." Landon said.

I knew I couldn't but that would give them two time to spend together. My boss said she could give me a few day shifts but still would need me at night on my regular schedule.

"I might have gotten a job at Hot Topic." Lace said.

"Really cool, I can get your discount when I shop there." Landon said laughing.

"Whatever" Lace said flipping off before going into her room. I laughed and so did Holden. 

"So what are you two going to do?" Landon asked us.

"We are going to set up Luc's new TV and stuff you want to help?" Holden asked.

"Are you mounting it to the wall?" Landon asked.

"Yeah, I borrow some tools off your dad earlier so we could." Holden said.

"I am the man for the job." Landon said walking straight to my room.

I watched them work on hanging the TV while I set up my new laptop. Even though I bought a cheap computer I really like it. It was midnight by time they were done with everything so we didn't get to watch our movie tonight we decided to wait until tomorrow it had been a long day and I was tired as hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3K 12
* ART IS NOT MADE BY ME AND FULL CREDIT TO WHOEVER DID THAT AMAZING WORK OF ART x A few years after The End, Tom moved out of Edd and Matt's house an...
11.5M 457K 65
Lucas Sawyer has gotten used to being forgotten. His twin brother Mark, captain and star quarterback, everyone's favorite, gets the spotlight. Lucas...
4.2K 280 17
Meet Josh and Lucas they are two different people with one thing in common they are in love with each other the only thing stopping them from their h...
1.9K 58 23
This kid has gone 17 years being alone and hating the world, all he wants is some answers. Finally he'll get them, but after he falls in love with a...