Final year in Bellgrande high.

By Beejhaey20

Bellgrande high is a school for the classy and rich kids of Lagos island.Chinyere and her clique are bullies... More

Chapter one.
Chapter two.
Chapter 3
Chapter four.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6.
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22

chapter 13

67 26 3
By Beejhaey20

Michelle sat on an uncomfortable wooden bench, her face puffed up due to incessant tears. A haughty looking woman sat opposite her, making several calls. She was raving and ranting like a mad woman and Michele wanted to shut her up very badly. She was in the hospital, her head was spinning, her school life was a mess and her father was unconscious. As she thought about her father, she bursted into tears. After her father collapsed, principal Rose had called for an ambulance and dismissed her, saying she wished Michelle's father a safe recovery. Safe recovery indeed! She had followed her unconscious father in the ambulance, weeping as if he was dead already. Now, she was in the hospital, a helpless teenage girl without a mother's love. At the thought of her mother, she grimaced and looked again at the woman seated opposite her, screaming her lungs out. The woman let out a sharp yell and a thousand bells rang in Michelle's head. She was about to go outside, when the Doctor came out. She and the woman rushed towards the doctor immediately.
"How is my father?"
"How's my husband?
They both said at once. They looked at each other and it dawned on them that they had been waiting for the same person.
"And who are you?"the woman assessed Michelle disapprovingly.
Michelle turned to the doctor wearily "how is my father doing sir?"
"Doctor...I'm his wife,talk to me. How is my husband doing?" The woman eyed Michelle.
"Excuse me ma'am, what are you saying?" Michelle was confused.
"I'm Fola's wife and I don't have a child,so who are you?" The woman said angrily.
"Ahem..." The doctor cleared his throat "... this young miss here brought Mr MacDonald so she's to know about his condition and not you madam, only if you prove that you're his wife" The doctor said.
"I am his wife!" She yelled.
"My father has no wife! He's divorced" Michelle said.
"Okay, let's go to him then" the doctor led them into a ward.
Immediately Mr MacDonald saw them,he sat up.
"Hi Fola" The woman gave him a big smile.
"Dad!" Michelle ran to her father and hugged him.
"Hi pumpkin" he said ruffling her hair.
"Fola I'm here!" The 'wife' shouted.
"What are you doing here Maureen?" Mr MacDonald glared at her.
"What do you mean?" She threw her arms " I came back home and..."
"Home?What home?" He said through clenched teeth.
"Our home" Maureen smirked.
"Maur..."
The doctor cut Mr MacDonald short "um... Mr MacDonald,you don't need to get angry... Because of your condition"
"What condition?" Michelle stood up.
"Michelle dear, don't bother about..."
Michelle didn't let him finish "Dad please don't!" She faced the doctor "what's going on?"
"Well..." The doctor started "your father has a cardiovascular disease,also known as a heart disease. Don't panic, it's treatable and he might live for many more years and..."
"Many more years? How many years does he have left exactly?" Michelle cried and hugged her father like he would die instantly.
"Very long miss. As long as he follows his medications accordingly and avoid certain foods like potato chips,too much protein,added salt and processed meat. Infact,fast food in general. If he doesn't do all these,it could lead to him having a coronary artery disease as a result of an abnormal heart beat called ventricular tachycardia. A nurse will bring in the drugs shortly"
"Why didn't you tell me dad?" She faced her father as the doctor excused them.
"Pumpkin,I was going to"
"When!" She screamed as tears slid down her face.
"Michelle dear..."
"Let me finish! What would have happened if you were alone when you fainted?"
"Honey,I didn't faint,I was just unconscious"
"Daddy!" She rammed her fist on the bedpost.
"Hey! Have you no manners?" Maureen yelled.
"You,keep quiet!" Michelle yelled back and the woman gasped.
"Michelle, don't talk to her like that!" Her father scolded.
"No dad! She shouldn't talk to me at all! She has no say in this because you're divorced. Yet,she has been rude to me since I met her, acting like she's your wife!" Michelle could no longer control herself.
"Michelle!" Her dad yelled "she's still my wife okay? We...er... We are not divorced,we only separated"
"Why did you lie to me?" Michelle whispered.
"I didn't want you to feel insecure in my house... In our house. I also didn't want you to live in fear of the day she would come back" he replied.
"And now that she's back?" Michelle asked in a shaky voice.
"She's not here to stay,she wants something"
"I'm back for good! I'm staying" Maureen hissed.
"No you're not" Mr MacDonald said firmly.
"Fola, I'm back for good. Take it or leave it" Maureen folded her arms.
"That night..." Michelle turned her back to them and walked to the door "...the night I went to Maria's party,she was the one you met right?you said you were with someone... Was it her?" She still didn't look at them.
"No..." Her father looked hurt "...it wasn't her. It was the doctor,he told me that my health is in danger"
"So you're taking her back?" She smiled sadly.
"She's not coming back" he replied.
"I'm coming back to my house Fola" Maureen hissed.
"What house?" He retorted.
"The empire we built together as husband and wife"
"You have no house with me Maureen"
"Oh yes,I do"
"Oh great! Just great" Michelle muttered as she left, closing the door as their voices became muffled.

Please vote❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 29.3K 56
Everyone calls her a bad girl, a delinquent and a devil in disguise but no one truly knows her. Meet the insecure Isabella, the girl every guy wants...
14.5K 2.7K 39
Etin never wanted to leave her home town as she felt like she was leaving a part of her behind. she had no choice as they where finally moving to the...
6.7K 1.7K 49
Tega Oghenevero had just completed her elementary education and is set to go into high school. But her days of sunshine and rainbows are over, and th...
81.4K 17.4K 97
🔥🔥🔥18+ Only!!! "The best thing about panties is taking them off." Adedayo Bankole is well-connected and popular. A 200 level student of the unive...