More Issues Than Crimson (Seq...

By Pauly_Queen

*Sequel to Crimson High*. Can be read as a stand alone. "He doesn't give two fucks if you exist," "And how a... More

Updated Cast List
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
APPRECIATION POST
A New Update

Chapter Nine

102 31 9
By Pauly_Queen

This chapter is dedicated to tamilore1009 Thanks for your message, as well as votes. More shout outs are coming in subsequent chapters :-)♥♥

Second, I want to thank all new readers of Crimson High and the sequel. If you appreciate this book, please spread the word. Tell a friend about it, bring it up in a conversation, let's get it out there:-)♥♥

Last, I really hope you enjoy the chapters and I'll try my best to update regularly. I'm thinking of 4 am on Wednesdays and 11 am on Saturdays. I'm not sure yet. Send in your suggestions :-)♥♥

Finally, let's get down to the chapter. My birthday is coming up and... :-)♥♥

~°NOAH°~

I walk into the house, dumping my bag on the couch immediately and I let out a deep breath, staring at the ceiling. Lost in my thoughts, I don't realize Mum walks in.

"That breath is too deep for normalcy, don't you think?"

I look up at Mum as she leans against the wall with a slight smile. "I can tell it's because of her. Let me guess, it's not as easy as you thought it'd be?" she asks and I don't reply. I feel the couch dip as she sits beside me.

"It's... Damn hard," I say, not having enough words to explain how difficult and uneasy it feels inside. I guess the painful expression on my face should give a hint.

"I told you,"

"No, Mum. You said it'd be hard," I tell, turning to her. "It's more than hard. It's impossible to live like this. It's like she moved on already," I say, remembering her words in the ref. "I'm not living anymore... I'm just, surviving," I tell and rest my back on the sofa once more.

"I thought you moved on,"

"I thought so too," I reply, shaking my head. "I still feel jealous when she looks at him and - "

"Him?"

"Yeah, there's this new guy in school," I reply, rolling my eyes. "And she said they're "dating". Mum, how can they be dating? She's supposed to not move on!" I cry in desperation.

"You're not the judge of her," Mum says truthfully. "What if she's moved on? You need to move on too," Mum reasons and I sigh. I stare at her for a second before replying.

"You don't understand, Mum. I didn't know the heartbreak will feel... Like this. I thought it was over but every time I look at her, the memories rush back in. We had so much together. Now it's just... Nothing," I say, my voice fading into a whisper with every word and I wait for her response.

"You remind me of your father, a lot," Mum says with a smile, rubbing my hair playfully. I shrug.

"I don't even know who my father is anymore," I reply under my breath but she hears it anyway, given her curled lip.

"He loves you very much, Noah. As much as I do. Even if he's not biological," she explains and I sigh in somnolence. I'm exhausted already.

"And my biological? Where's he Mum? Probably somewhere, spending off your salary with a bunch of other women and you hardly do anything about - "

I don't finish my statement when I feel a stinging sensation on my right cheek. It's strikingly painful and makes my cheek burn. I turn to Mum angrily, wondering why she'd slap me over him... Over someone who never even gave our family a chance.

"I'm done," I say and walk upstairs. She doesn't say anything either. I slump on my bed and grab my phone from my pocket. I've been stressed a lot lately.

Normally, I'd go over to Jenny's to let off some steam. But I've been such a jerk to her. I won't blame myself - What better way can I hide feelings I'm draining all my strength to restrain?

In the absence of sanity, I fall asleep.

•••

"Mum," I whisper as I knock on her door. "Mum please open up," I continue. "Mum?"

"Mum, I know what I said probably hurt you but I'm sorry. I swear," I say, my cheek to her door as I wait for a reply.

"Mum please open up," I continue, hoping she'd forget what I'd say earlier already.

I don't hear anything. Suddenly, I hear noises downstairs. I rush down immediately, missing three steps through my flight as I rush outside the house, where the noise comes from.

"George, stop!"

"Mum?" I call out, searching for where the noise is coming from. "Mum?" I call out once again, walking out the gate and I stare at Mum with both hands tied and a belt in his hand.

"Mum, what the heck is the meaning of this?" I ask, trying to stifle my angry tone which clashes with her dreary wet eyes pouring steams of boiling tears with her forehead creased with sweat.

"Get your hands off her!" I yell at George and hear Mum scream loudly. I push him to the floor with a punch and Mum's screams increase in volume.

"Noah, let him go!" she cries out. This has got to be a joke because I'm trying so hard to not see the humour.

"He deserves to die," I retort, launching towards him once again and this time, he breaks my nose with a heavy punch. I can feel the blood roll down my lips and I stare at Mum screaming at me. It hurts to see her hurt over a person who doesn't care if she's hurt. It's pathetic.

"I swear I'm killing you tonight!" comes his husky voice and a strong grip on the collar of my shirt. He clutches my neck tightly and suddenly, I'm gasping for air. I feel pain and the urge to breathe but I can hardly keep my eyes open. I feel my eyes closing in on me and I try my best to get his hands off me.

I fall to the floor, holding my neck and massaging it with both hands, trying to take in the fact that this man just attempted murder. On me.

I look to the floor and see blood gushing from his head. I look up to see Mum and in her hand is a wood, dripping blood. "Mum!" I yell and run to her. I grab her tightly in my arms and hug her.

"Noah, I'm sorry," she says, tears evident in her tone. We drift and they slide down her eyes freely. I swipe them away with my fingers and she smiles.

"No, Mum. I'm the sorry one. I shouldn't have said those words to you earlier and - "

"It's fine, Noah. They hurt 'cause they were true," she tells and I nod with a smile. Thank heavens she's finally back to her senses.

I bend down and place a hand on George's neck. "He's still alive. Just unconscious," I tell Mum and she has this expressionless look on. "Let's back inside. He'll come around," I tell Mum and grab her hand, leading her inside. It's sad even after all he's done, she passes him a last glance and I can tell she's yearning to get him off that floor. I won't allow her.

I lock the gates and we sit on the couch in the parlour. I grab some ice from the freezer and massage her reddened wrists with it. The TV has the news on but I doubt she's even interested.

"Mum?" I call out.

"Yes?" she replies, looking at me beside her. "What happened?" she continues and I shrug.

"If... George gets conscious, would he still live here?" I ask and wait for her reply. First, she shrugs.

"Where else? It's - "

"We should sue him," I speak in annoyance, dumping the ice on the sofa and standing up instantly.

"Noah - "

"No, Mum. Enough is enough!"

"Noah, it hasn't gotten to this," she says and I can't even believe my ears anymore.

"Mum, it's gotten past this. What the heck of you mean? I should've been killed this night. And what would he say about it? Probably tie a rope around my neck and say I committed suicide and you'd probably be threatened to cooperate. Mum, why are we living like this?" I ask and she heaves a deep sigh.

"I'm calling the lawyer tomorrow. This nonsense has got to end," I say but she doesn't reply. "Good night, Mum," I whisper and place a kiss on her cheek. I head upstairs to my room.

I lay on my bed after turning off the lights and the first thing on my mind is her face.

"Jenny, your room looks a mess!" I say as I walk into her room. She looks up at me with a smile and I shake my head. "I'm actually being serious. It's messy in here and I can barely believe you sleep here," I say, staring around.

Clothes on the floor, pizza boxes on the table and glasses and cups, grocery bags littered, squeezed papers and her chair is literally upside down. I can still see the leftover Chinese food on her side table.

"You should clean this place up," I continue but she doesn't speak anymore. "Jennifer?" I call out but she doesn't answer. She just keeps scrolling through her phone. "Oh, you're ignoring me?" I ask and she looks up with a pout.

"When you're done criticizing, we can talk!" she says dramatically and I sigh.

"I'm just saying... You should keep your own room tidy," I tell and she hisses. "Look around. I can't even spend a minute here," I continue and watch her glare at me.

"Fine. If you don't want me here, I'm going," I say and turn to go. I open the door but she doesn't stop me. Still shocked, I walk out and head towards the stairs.

"Wait!"

I smile. And turn. "Yes?" I say without a hint of concern in my tone. "I'm actually busy and I need to - "

"Don't give me that tone, Noah. I'm sorry," she says and I chuckle. That sorry sounded so reluctant. "What?" she asks with a pout and I smile subtly.

"Will you clean up your room?" I ask as I walk towards her. She shrugs.

"Mmm... If you stay," she says in a whisper, her head bent to her chest. I chuckle once again and place a kiss on her lips.

"Fine," I reply and she heads into the room once again. I sit on her table and grab her phone beside me.

"Hmm, recipes. I'm glad you're finally taking my eating healthy advice," I tell with a smile and she shrugs, folding the clothes off the floor.

"Oh well," she says with a sigh.

She suddenly stops and I stare at her. She grabs a photo from the floor. It's an old framed one of her family. I jump down the table immediately and get it off her hands but I'm late, given the tears that form in her eyes.

"You're fine," I say and grab her in for a hug. "It's the past," I continue.

"Thanks," she says and we don't drift.

I jerk up at the sound of my phone ringing on the bed. It's Ivy. I stand up from my bed and take in a deep breath. She's stuck to my mind like glue against paper.

Don't forget to vote and comment♥♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 320 25
Sequel to the billionaires intense love. This other story will be about Lacey and Theo's kids in highschool just the same only because they are olde...
687K 17.5K 87
[editing...] Change For Me (sequel) Three years later... "My biggest regret is leaving you. I don't care if you are my friend, enemy, or stranger I w...
67.8K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...
265K 5.5K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...