Out Of Time

Bởi just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... Xem Thêm

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred five
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred ten
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred thirty-nine
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

hundred fourteen

652 16 5
Bởi just-dreaming-marvel

Previously on Out Of Time...

Y/N woke up, already knowing where she was. Her hand immediately went to her stomach as her eyes replayed the fighting she had witnessed. Her heart beat quickened as she relived those terrible moments. The monitors she was connected to warned the medical staff outside. Helen and her nurses rushed in.

"Y/N," Helen called. "I need you to breathe."

"My... I... the baby..." Y/n stammered through the struggle. "Is my baby.... It is okay?"

"You came in sweating and trembling," Helen explained carefully. "It was obvious to me that you had been struggling to keep food down and that there was blood loss. You were immediately brought into-"

"Just tell me," Y/N begged, voice small and cracking. "Just get it over with and tell me..."

"I'm sorry, Y/N. The baby was lost due to a miscarriage."

A sob ripped through Y/N's throat and out her mouth. She leaned her head back against her pillows and cover her mouth with a hand as tears began to cascade down her cheeks. Her heart began to beat rapidly, causing the monitors around her to freak.

"Y/N, I need you to calm down," Helen coaxed. "You're body has been through a traumatic experience and needs rest. You need to try and calm." The sobs and strangled breathing only escalated. "I need something to help calm her down. Now!"

A nurse quickly handed Helen a syringe. Helen rushed to insert it into Y/N's IV. It almost immediately helped, but didn't put her to sleep.

"I'm going to go inform Tony," Helen stated. "We'll be right back."

Then Y/N was left alone to her thoughts. The blame and the guilt that she was feeling, all for herself. Her baby was lost because of her. Because, if she would have just told Steve and Tony, they might have stopped fighting. If she would have just told them, they wouldn't have let her anywhere near the stress. If she had just been a little more focused on the health of her baby instead of the chaos around her, her baby still might be safely inside of her.

But instead, she didn't do any of those things. And she tried to stop things she couldn't control and saw things she wishes she could unsee. Y/N's hands rested above her belly as she let the tears flow. Nothing mattered now. How could it? Her family was torn apart. Her child was gone.

She could feel Tony's thoughts as he came towards her room. He was feeling all the guilt and blame as well, putting it on himself. Y/N didn't want him to feel that way, but she had no energy to stop it. There was nothing left inside her to help him feel better, especially when she felt that way too. She quickly decided that she couldn't be there anymore. She couldn't face him, watch him slowly turn to hate her because she had killed their child. It would break her more than she was currently broken.

So, with a deep breath, she focused on the one place that she felt she might be safe for a minute. She ripped off her IV as she opened a portal. Y/N hurried through it the best she could in her weakened state, falling onto the ground on the other side of it. Turning around, she caught a glimpse of the door opening, but the portal was shut before Y/N saw anything else. She curled up on the floor where she was, not caring to look at her surroundings, and let herself go.

~~~

May and Coulson were in a bar. Coulson was reading the newspaper as the news played on a TV above them. While Y/N had been away, their troubles didn't stop. They now were facing a new threat by the name of Hive, with the face of Grant Ward. He was trying to control all Inhumans and even create them. Hive was currently in control of Daisy.

"Still no word one the whereabout of Steve Rogers after his public feud with Tony Stark and the Avengers over the controversial Sokovia Accords," the news anchor stated. "Ratified by 117 countries, the Accords place the Avengers under UN authority and provide a framework for the registration and monitoring of all enhanced individuals."

"We knew this was gonna happen sooner or later," May said.

"Cap, Agent Carter..." Coulson started, glancing down at the newspaper that held an article on Peggy's death. "They were my heroes growing up. Both of them were there at the beginning of SHIELD. Now we may be there when it ends."

"The last thing we need right now is the government hamstringing us with the Accords. We need to stop Hive, by any means necessary."

"I'll deal with the government. You do whatever it takes to end this."

"All options on the table?"

"Desperate times, desperate measures."

May nodded, glancing back down at the newspaper in Coulson's hands. There was a picture of Steve, Y/N, Peggy, and Howard with the article.

"Have you heard from her?" May asked, not looking away from the newspaper. "She can't be taking this well."

"No," Coulson sighed. "I haven't. Which honestly terrifies me."

"Y/N can hold her own."

"Yes, but this is against her family. I can't imagine her choosing a side."

"She didn't sign. She must have chosen Cap's."

"Her not signing doesn't mean anything. You should no that, you know Y/N." He glanced down at his wrist watch. "You might want to go out the back. He's coming in."

May left out the back as General Talbot entered the bar.

"General Talbot," Coulson greeted, getting out of his seat. "Right on time."

"What in the Knievel happened to you?" Talbot wondered, noticing that Coulson was sporting a cane.

"Little fender bender. No big deal."

"You sure you should be in the driver's seat? I thought we agreed on full disclosure."

"You want to see my x-rays? I'll put them in a nice frame for ya."

"I'm talking about this gin joint out in the middle of no man's land. You promised me you'd show me the base without any three hour fly arounds this time."

"We need to talk first." Coulson turned and headed to sit in a booth, Talbot following.

"I'll talk. You listen... I'm here because the President sent me. The Sokovia Accords are law of the land now. He's concerned you may have some undocumented enhanced assets working for you."

"And why would they think that?"

"Cause he's not a moron. Come on, Phil. It's time for SHIELD to come in from the cold, relegitimize."

"In exchange for revealing and registering any Inhumans we may have? Not gonna happen."

Talbot scoffed. "Why are you so pigheaded? It's good enough for the Avengers."

"Not all of them. And the Avengers operate in the spotlight. We work in the shadows."

"First, how can you even say that? You have an enhanced Avenger on your team."

"Y/N hasn't been with SHIELD in months. You know that."

"Second, what's going on in those shadows, Phil? That's what I want to know. You better start opening some doors, or I promise ya, I'm gonna start kicking them down."

"Alright. Let's go for a ride."

"No blindfold?"

"No blindfold, but you might want to buckle up." Coulson lifted a seat belt from the seat, buckling himself in.

"What?"

Coulson nodded to the bar tender. The bar tender pressed some buttons on the cash register which caused the booth they were seated in to lower into the ground.

~~~

May was walking from requesting that Fitz-Simmons focus on stopping Hive instead of stopping Daisy from breaking in. As she walked, she heard whimpers coming from a side room of the base. She pulled out her gun and slowly made her way into the room. With her gun held up, May turned the corner, surprised to find Y/N laying on the floor.

"Y/N," she gasped, hurrying to her side. As May turned Y/N to face her, she could tell she was running a fever. "Y/N, look at me." Y/N's eyes keeping fluttering, unable to focus on anything, as whimpers left her mouth. "I need to get Simmons. Stay here."

May knew she needed to be careful with Talbot in the building, but it was obvious Y/N needed medical help ASAP. She rushed to the lab, where Fitz-Simmons was working.

"Simmons," May called from the doorway, "I need you."

"What is it?" Simmons asked. "Is someone-"

"Just follow me. And Fitz, I may need you too."

Fitz and Simmons looked at each other before quickly following May.

"May, what is going-" Fitz questioned was halted when he saw Y/N on the floor. "Oh my-"

"We need to get her to the lab, now," Simmons ordered, already taking over. "She needs an IV and to be heavily monitored."

"Not with Talbot here," May stated. "We have to find a safer place. Who knows if they're looking for her, she didn't sign the Accords."

"My bedroom it is then. Fitz, I need you to go grab supplies and maybe Mack."

"On it," Fitz hurried away with a nod.

"May, help me get her to the room."

May and Simmons hurried Y/N to Simmons room before May rushed to get Coulson. Fitz came back with Mack and a new Inhuman on the team they called, Yo-Yo.

"What's going on?" Mack asked.

"I don't know," Simmons answered, her and Fitz getting set up. "May found her in a closet."

"How can we help?"

~~~

May got roped into helping Coulson with Talbot's tour before she was able to tell him. It was getting on her nerves that she couldn't get Talbot out of their hair fast enough. They ended up having to tell Talbot the truth about Daisy and Hive on their way to the lab.

"Where's Simmons?" Coulson asked, looking around. "I need her to talk to Talbot about the Inhumans Hive tried to make."

"I think she's in her room, why don't we go get her," May suggested. "And the lab techs can start going over the research."

Coulson looked at May, confused to why they both needed to go. Studying her face, he realized that she was serious. Something was going on that she needed to tell him about, and Talbot couldn't get involved.

"Right," Coulson agreed. "Collins." A lab tech came running over. "Let General Talbot have access to all our research on Hive, start walk him through it while he go get Simmons."

Coulson and May exited the lab before Talbot could question them.

"What the hell is going on May?" Coulson whispered.

"It's Y/N," May answered.

Coulson face grew worried. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. But I found her in a closet, whimpering and burning up."

"Where is she now?"

"Simmons, Fitz, Mack, and Yo-Yo have her in Simmons' bedroom."

"Okay."

When they entered the bedroom, Coulson took Y/N in. She was under the covers, her hands resting at her sides on top. IV's and monitors where hooked up to her.

"How is she?" Coulson asked.

Simmons shook her head. "She's not fully conscious, so I haven't been able to get anything from her," she explained. "But it seems that Y/N's been through a traumatic experience."

"If she came here then that must mean-"

"I couldn't..." Y/N interrupted softly. "I couldn't be there right now..."

"Y/N." Everyone took a step closer. "What happened?" Before Y/N could answer, Coulson's phone rang. He looked at it, holding it up for her to see. "It's Stark. Does he-"

"I can't," Y/N shook her head, tears running down her cheeks. "Please don't."

"I won't. But I have to answer or he won't stop, you know that." Coulson pressed answer and held the phone up to his ear. "Stark, I really don't have time for you-"

"Coulson, I need you to be honest with me..." Tony's worried voice could be heard over the phone throughout the room, causing Y/N to cry more. "Is Y/N with you?"

"I really don't think that-"

"Is. Y/N. With. You?"

Coulson paused with a sigh. He looked at Y/N. She had turned her head away, clenching her eyes shut as the tears rolled down. It hurt him to see her like this. He longed to tell Tony the truth but he also knew that Y/N wouldn't have come back her unless if was for a good reason.

"No," Coulson finally spoke up. "I haven't seen her. But I'll let you know if I do."

"You better not be lying to me, Phil. I.... I need to find her. She shouldn't be alone right now."

"I'll send a search out for her and let you know as soon as I see or hear anything... Mind telling me, what happened?"

"No," Y/N begged, so quietly everyone in the room almost missed it.

Tony sighed shakily, covering his eyes with his free hand. "Everything fell apart.... and.... She lost a lot today. Her family... her child..."

"Her child?" Coulson gasped. Everyone's eyes widened, looking at Coulson before snapping back to look at Y/N.

"Now you know why it's important that I find her."

"Yeah... I do... I'll keep you updated." He hung up. "Y/N..."

"No," she whimpered. "I don't want your pity... It's m-my fault my baby's gone... my baby's gone.... My brother's gone... my Bucky's gone... and, if I'd stayed, I would have lost Tony too.... I don't have anyone..."

"Sshhh," May cooed, moving to sit on the bed beside Y/N. "You have us. It's going to be okay."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

386K 8.1K 30
~ Bucky Barnes x Reader ~ You are Tony Stark's sister. You never thought you'd have to spend much time with the man who killed your parents until you...
24.2K 659 68
When Tony Starks sister y/n gets called in on a mission by nick fury because her brother has been unrespondant for a while to fury. Only for her then...
583K 19K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
8.8K 250 24
"Love the life you live. Live the life you love." -Bob Marley When Yn Rogers and her brother, Steve Rogers, come out of the ice and are the first rec...