Out Of Time

By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... More

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred five
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fourteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred thirty-nine
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

hundred ten

664 18 9
By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N threw up almost immediately after stepping through the portal, back into her hotel room.

"You really don't like that, do you?" She grumbled, kneeling in front of the toilet. She leaned back against the wall, resting for a few moments. Her hand found its way onto her stomach, caressing it. "You're in there aren't you? You're father's going to be so excited when I tell him.... We had a fight. You probably heard it though. Sorry about that.... We can both be so stubborn sometimes." She laughed. "Wow. You really have no chance. You're going to give us a run for our money, kid.... But we'll love you anyway.... I'll love you."

Y/N eventually got up and changed into something more comfortable. Curly-ing up on her bed, he turned on the tv and ordered room service. As she was tipping the staffer that brought her the food, her phone began ringing off the hook.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," she said, shutting the hotel door and hurrying to her phone. She was surprised to see Tony's name on the screen. "Tony?" She quietly answered.

"Please tell me you're okay!" Tony panicked on the other end. "Are you okay?"

"Tony, breathe. What are you talking about?"

"The UN in Vienna was bombed. Are you not with Natasha?"

"The UN was bombed?!" Y/N rushed over to change the tv station to the news. Tony was right.

"I take it that you're not with Nat then?"

"No."

"Thank goodness," Tony sighed. "When I heard, I thought the worst."

"I'm okay, Tony. I'm safe in my London hotel room."

"That's... that's... I'm glad you're safe."

"Do they know who-" Loud knocks sounded on her hotel room door. "Someone's here for me but, Tony, we need to talk."

"Then come home."

"I'll see you soon. Love you." Y/N hung up the phone rushed to the door. Steve, Sam, and Sharon were on the other side. "I just heard about the UN. Have any of you heard from Nat?"

"Not yet," Steve replied.

"We're heading to Vienna with Sharon," Sam said. "You coming?"

"I don't know," Y/N shook her head. "I really-"

"Y/N," Steve's tone held one of pain. "They're blaming Bucky. He's the suspect."

~~~

Y/N and Steve watched the first responders from across the street. Trying to disguise themselves with baseball caps and sunglasses. The twins spotted Natasha across the way. Steve pressed some things on his phone before holding it up to their ears.

"Yeah?" Nat answered.

"You alright?" Steve asked.

"Ah, yeah, thanks. I got lucky." They watched as she looked around and stood up. "I know how much Barnes means to you and Y/N. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please."

"Are you saying you'll arrest me?"

"No. Someone will. If you interfere. That's how it works now."

"If he's this far gone, Nat, I should be the one to bring him in."

"Why?"

"Because I'm the one least likely to die trying."

"Just don't bring Y/N into this. Keep her safe and out of it."

"Too late," Y/N responded before Steve hung up.

The twins slipped into a nearby coffee shop, where Sam was sitting at the counter waiting. He was also wearing a cap and shades.

"She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam asked.

"Yep," Y/N replied.

"Might have a point."

"He'd do it for me," Steve stated.

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me."

"Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public," Sharon said, coming up beside Steve. "Everybody thinks the Winter soldier goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this." She slid Steve a file. "My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now . . . so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

"Thank you," Steve said.

"And you're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight."

~~~

"We can't let them hurt him, Steve," Y/N was pacing back and forth in the quinjet as they headed for Bucharest. Sam was currently piloting while Steve got ready. "They're going to shoot him on sight. I can't.. woah..." She sudden felt dizzy.

"Y/N?" Steve worried, hurrying over to help her into a seat. "Are you alright?" He felt her head. "You do feel a little warm. Maybe you should stay behind while-"

"No! No. I'll be fine." She leaned back against the wall she was sitting against. Steve watched her for a moment as she closed her eyes.

"Y/N... is there something you aren't telling me?"

"No. Why would you think that?" She quickly straightened up to look at him.

"Because I've known you our whole lives."

"I'm good, Stevie. Just worried about everything that's all."

Steve grabbed Y/N's hand, giving it a light squeeze. "We won't let anything more happen to Buck. I promise."

~~~

Suited up, Y/N and Steve entered a small apartment. Looking around, Y/N felt incredibly sadden at the sight. There was a mattress on the floor with disheveled covers and various bit of cheap looking furniture around the room. The kitchen and bedroom were in the same room. The twins walked around. Steve noticed something on top of the fridge. Walking over, he pulled out a notebook. Opening it, Steve sees tabs of varying colors and writings. Memories Bucky seemed to be trying to piece together.

"Heads up, Cap," Sam called over the comms. "German Special Forces, approaching from the south."

"Understood," Steve replied.

Sensing another mind, Y/N slowly turned around. She tried to keep her breath steady as she made eye contact with Bucky. She gently nudged Steve, making him slowly turn around as well.

"Do you know us?" Steve asked.

"You're Steve," Bucky answered, staring at Steve before making eye contact with Y/N again. "You're Y/N. I read about you both in a museum."

"They've set the perimeter," Sam warned.

"I know you're nervous," Y/N said, taking a step towards the scared man. "And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying."

"I wasn't in Vienna," Bucky stated. "I don't do that anymore."

"They're entering the building," Sam informed.

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now," Steve stated. "And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart. Good strategy," Bucky responded.

"They're on the roof," Sam stated. "I'm compromised."

"Bucky," Y/N called, stepping even closer. "We have to go. Please, come with us."

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck," Steve said.

"It always ends in a fight," Bucky replied.

"5 seconds," Sam warned.

"You pulled us from the river," Steve stated. "Why?"

"I don't know," Bucky answered.

"3 seconds!"

"Yes, you do," Y/N pressed, cupping Bucky's cheek.

Bucky inhaled sharply. "Brook-"

"Breach! Breach! Breach!"

A grenade crashed through the window. Pulling Y/N behind him, Bucky kicked the grenade to Steve, who smothered it with his shield. The cops outside the apartment door began hitting the door with a battering ram. Bullets began coming from the outside, through the windows. Bucky quickly pulled his mattress over everyone's heads to shield them. Steve quickly kicked the table into the doorway, trying to stall the incoming men. The windows all soon shattered as the cops entered on cables.

Bucky pushed Y/N towards Steve before he began fighting off the cops. Steve quickly pulled Y/N into the kitchen and pulled her to the floor.

"Get out of here," Steve ordered.

"Steve-"

"Before it's too late!"

"Where should I-"

"Anywhere but here! Go!"

Nodding, Y/N glanced back at Bucky one last time. He met her eyes and Y/N slipped into his head.

"She needs to get out of here," Bucky thought. "Before they hurt her too."

With a deep breath, Y/N formed a portal and hurried through it. She collapsed onto her hands and knees in the quinjet, throwing up. After cleaning herself up, she set the coordinates for Berlin. She knew that, that's where they'd be taken if they were caught. Y/N knew she needed to get there before they did, to help. She called Tony, having a feeling that he'd be called in for this.

"Please tell me you're not with them," Tony answered the call.

"I'm not," Y/N replied. "But I'm on my way to Berlin."

"I'll met you at the airport. We'll fix this, Y/N/N. I promise."

"What exactly are you planning on fixing?"

"Everything."

"But Tony-"

"No more. Not until I see you. I-I miss you, honey. So much."

"I miss you too, Tony."

~~~

Tony was quick to pull Y/N into his arms at the airport, hiding his head in her neck. Without very many words, they were quickly in a car on their way to the Joint Counter Terrorist Center. It seemed that Tony really just wanted to keep Y/N close, and Y/N wasn't ready to tell him the news yet, not until she knew that her whole family could truly be happy.

Tony led her by the hand into the building, his other hand holding the phone to his ear. He was trying to talk Secretary Ross down. Y/N was on edge. Nervous for everyone. When they reached large command area, Y/N helped Tony take his suit coat off, carrying it in her arms.

"No. Romania was no Accords-sanctioned," Tony told Ross over the phone as Nat led those from Romania in. "And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this," Natasha told the other men.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences." Tony looked at Steve and Sam. "Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." He hung up, walking towards his teammates.

"Consequences?" Steve related.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony and Nat started walking off.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property," Nat commented. "Wings, too."

"That's cold," Sam said.

"Warmer than jail!" Tony added.

"Where's Bucky?" Y/N asked Steve. "Did they-"

"They have him locked up," Steve replied. "Does Tony know..."

"That I was there? No." Y/N shook her head. "I need to convince Tony to let me see him."

~~~

Steve was in the large glass conference room in the command center, watching the live security footage of Bucky's cell. It was breaking Y/N's heart to see him locked up like that, so she was in the bathroom. She also couldn't controlled her stomach, currently.

"Hey," Tony called, coming into the conference room from the side. "You wanna see something cool?" Steve looked his way. Tony had a small box in hand with his coat draped over his arm. "I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Steve took a seat. Tony opened the box, revealing to pens, and set it on the table. "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war," Steve stated.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. Neither you or Y/N. I'm trying to . . . what do you call it? That's an olive branch." He sat down. "Is that what you call it?"

"Where is Y/N? It's been a few minutes since I've seen her."

"We're kind... well, not kinda."

"Pregnant?"

"No. Definitely not. At least... I don't think so. No, we had a fight. About all this. Still haven't really talked about it."

"I'm sorry, Tony. I didn't know."

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA . . . and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. But neither did she. Because the truth is we don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her though. Lose what we have. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." Tony stood up and paced. "In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single."

"Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you.... He never really mentioned Y/N though." Tony slipped his coat back on.

"I don't mean to make things difficult."

"I know, because you're a very polite person."

"If I see a situation pointed south . . . I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could."

"No, you don't."

"No, I don't." Steve smiled thinly. "Sometimes . . ."

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-center . . . instead of a Wakandan prison."

Steve picked up a pen and stood up. "I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards," Steve stated.

"Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you and Wanda reinstated-" Tony sat down in the seat Steve was previously in.

"Wanda? What about Wanda?"

"She's fine. She's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company."

"Oh God, Tony! Every time. Every time I think you see things the right way-"

"What? It's a 100 acres with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people."

"Protection? Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment, Tony."

"She's not a US citizen."

"Oh, come on, Tony."

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction."

"She's a kid!"

"GIVE ME A BREAK! I'm doing what has to be done . . . to stave off something worse."

"What about Y/N? She has powers. You gonna keep her locked up forever too?"

"I'm doing this for her."

Steve nodded faintly. "You keep telling yourself that." He put the pen down. "Hate to break up the set."

~~~

When Y/N finally left the bathroom, Tony was leaning up against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" Tony asked, coming up to her. "You were in there a long time."

"All of this is really getting to me," Y/N answered. "It's all stressing me out... The Accords, our fight, Steve, Bucky... all of it."

"Well, maybe you should go home. I can finish things up here and we can talk when I get back."

"No. I need to be here for Bucky."

"Y/N. You can't see him."

"I can still be here for him. He's-"

"Your Bucky. Your first love. Yeah, I know-"

"He's my friend, Tony! He was there for me and Steve when we had nobody. Can't you understand that?"

"You're friend bombed the UN."

"No he didn't."

"Did Steve tell you that, or did- no. Where did you come here from?"

"Tony..."

"Where?!"

"Bucharest. I was with them in Bucharest."

"Y/N-"

"I saw his mind, Tony, read his thoughts. This wasn't him!"

"You need to go before I have to arrest you for the use of your powers alone."

"What? No. I'm not leaving." Tony was mad. "You know that if you send me away, I'll just find my way back."

"Then you're staying in my sights at all times."

~~~

Y/N was standing in between Tony and Nat, watching the monitors of Bucky's cell. Tony was serious about her staying in his sights. An evaluator had been sent into the cell, sitting at a desk facing the pod Bucky was restrained in.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes," the evaluator greeted. "I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit?" He sat down. "Your first name is James?" Bucky didn't respond. "I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky," he responded. Tears formed in Y/N's eyes as they never left the screen.

Y/N watched with bated breath the interview. Hand resting over her pounding heart, she watched the evaluator ask questions and write things down. But something wasn't right. She glanced back, catching Steve's eye. He motioned to his head.

"This is a set up," Steve stated in his thoughts. "Something's not right."

Y/N turned back to the screen.

"Tell me, Bucky," the evaluator continued. "You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Bucky replied.

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one."

Suddenly, all the lights in the building went out.

"Great," Agent Everett Ross muttered, putting his walkie talkie up to his mouth. "Come on, guys, get me eyes on Barnes. Go."

"FRIDAY," Tony called, "get me the source of that outage." He turned to Y/N. "Did you do this?"

"No!" She answered. "You really think I would do this?"

"I don't know what to think anymore."

He turned away, focusing on finding the problem with FRIDAY. Y/N soon noticed that Sam and Steve were missing. Before she knew it, her, Natasha, and Tony were rushing towards the issue.

"Please tell me you brought a suit," Natasha muttered.

"Sure did. It's a lovely Tom Ford, three-piece, two-button,"Tony replied. "I'm an active-duty non-combatant."

Sharon ran up to this. "Follow me," she ordered, running past.

They did as they were told, rushing through the building to try and help. They get took a different side.

"We're in position," Nat said, over the comms that had slipped in.

Tony tapped on his watch, quickly turning it into an Iron Man gauntlet. Coming out from behind the pillar he was hiding behind, he zapped Bucky with a stun-burst before Bucky could shoot a guard. Tony rushed at him, firing again. Bucky ducked the blast before trading blows with Tony, firing a gun. Fortunately, Tony had the gauntlet over the barrel, blocking the bullet. He pulled the gun loose before Bucky smacked him backwards. Y/N watched, trying to calm herself so that she could join.

Sharon was the next to rush Bucky, along with Natasha. They both land kicks and punches, before Bucky flipped Sharon head over heels. She smashed into a table as Nat leaped onto Bucky, legs around his neck. He slammed her onto another table and grabbed her throat.

"You could at least recognize me," Natasha strained.

Coming out of nowhere, T'Challa kicked Bucky off of Natasha. He immediately began to fight Bucky, landing fast kicks and some punches. Bucky punched T'Challa, causing him to fall but quickly recovered. Bucky hurried up some stairs. T'Challa leaped the levels and vaults a railing, landing in front of Bucky. T'Challa spin-kicked and grabbed Bucky's metal arm, trying to twist it. He threw Bucky back, keeping his hold as they both tumble down the stairs.

"Stop!" Y/N shouted, coming out of her hiding place. She approached the men, slowly, hands up. "T'Challa, back away." To his surprise, T'Challa did as he was told.

"Y/N," Tony croaked, finally gaining consciousness. "Don't."

"Bucky..." Y/N called, coming closer. "I'm not going to harm you. I just want to help." She could feel in his mind that he was the Soldier again. She knew he didn't like his mind being played with, so she slowing let her grip on him loose. "I need you to trust me." She met his eyes. "Remember me."

His metal hand was too swift for her. He grabbed her by the neck and held her up.

"B-bucky..." she strained. "It's o-okay... I-I'm from Br-Brook-lyn..."

Recognition flashed in his eyes. But before Y/N could do anything with it, she was throw by Bucky. She landed hard on the ground, being forced into unconsciousness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.1K 33
This is a new version of my Winter Soldiers book, I'm hoping to write this one longer with more detail. (Pretend your right arm is the metal one lol...
329K 4.8K 17
S.Rogers x B.Barnes x f!Stark!Reader After the events of the horrific past, y/n Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes have finally admitted their feel...
8.3K 98 16
I'm really bad at summaries so just bare with me- Bucky Barnes and Natasha Romanoff we're forced to have a child. They have twins and they get taken...
340K 8.4K 46
(Bucky X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, finds herself living at the Avengers tower with her father and...