Out Of Time

By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... More

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred ten
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fourteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred thirty-nine
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

hundred five

620 19 3
By just-dreaming-marvel

The new Avengers Facility was finished the week of Tony's birthday. It was now the day before his birthday and Tony and Y/N decided to pay a visit to the new facility to say goodbye to Thor before they left to Tony's private island to celebrate his birthday. When they arrived, Thor had requested to talk to Y/N alone.

"I wished to talk to you before I left because I want to offer you the chance to come with me," Thor said. "I am planning on searching for the Infinity Stones and the only person that I would trust to help me with that is you."

"Oh, Thor," Y/N replied, surprised at his offer. "That is... I... honestly, if this were a month or two before, then I might have taken you up on the offer. But I can't, I'm sorry Thor. As much as I want to find the Stones, I need to keep living my life here."

"I understand. I will keep you informed if I find anything."

"Please do." Y/N hugged Thor. "You'll be missed around here, Thor."

"I'll miss you too, Lady Y/N." He pulled away to meet her eyes. "Do not let anyone do anything to hurt you, you got it? Especially the Captain and Stark. They both do love you, but they both can be blinded by their own thoughts."

Thor and Y/N met Steve and Tony in the hallway, leading to outside. It was almost time to say goodbye. The men were currently discussing the Vision's ability to wield Thor's hammer.

"The rules have changed," Steve stated.

"We're dealing with something new," Tony added.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence."

"A machine."

"So it doesn't count."

"No. It's not like a person lifting the hammer."

"Right. Different rules for us."

"Nice guy, but artificial."

"Thank you."

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone," Thor said. "It's safe with the Vision and these days, safe is in short supply."

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve continued.

"It would still go up," Tony added.

"Elevator's not worthy."

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours," Thor chuckled as they exited the building.

"Well, not if you don't leave," Tony said.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position-"

"Triple Yahtzee?"

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve wondered.

Thor made brief eye contact with Y/N. He knew she knew what was coming, he just didn't know it himself. "I do," Thor stated. "Besides this one," Thor patted Tony as he walked away, "there's nothing that can't be explained." Thor separated himself from the others. "I will be in contact," he promised Y/N.

"Stay safe, Thor," Y/N said. "Those Stones are not to be messed with."

Thor gave her a smile before lifting up his hammer and returning to Asgard, leaving a burnt patch of grass in his wake.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance," Tony stated. He turned, calling his car to them, and grabbing Y/N's hand. "I'm gonna miss him though. And you're gonna miss us. Miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears."

"I will miss you, Tony," Steve said.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Y/N a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

"A farm would be nice," Y/N smiled.

"The simple life," Steve said.

"You'll get there one day," Tony told him.

"I don't know, family, stability. The guy who wanted all that went in the ice seventy-five years ago. I think someone else came out."

"We're different people now, and that's okay, Stevie," Y/N said. She came up and pulled him into a hug.

"Don't be a stranger."

"I won't." She pulled back. "Natasha already had be agree to visiting a few days a month to help with trainings."

"Alright. You stay save, okay? Let me know if you need anything."

"I will." She kissed his cheek. "I love you, Stevie."

"Love you too, Y/N/N."

Y/N went around to the passengers side of the car. Tony was about to get into the drivers seat when he noticed how Steve was looking around.

"You alright?" Tony asked Steve.

"I'm home," Steve answered.

~~~

It was nice to be on the island again. By the time they arrived, it was past midnight.

"Happy birthday, Tones," Y/N smiled as she gave him a kiss. They were currently walking into the house. "What do you want to do?"

"I want to spend it with you," he answered. He picked her up as they entered the house. "Just you and me."

He quickly got them to their room. Tony laid her on the bed before crawling over her. Y/N brought him down for a kiss before he ripped off her shirt and kissed his way down to her stomach.

"I love you," he whispered. "So much." He continued to kiss her. "I want to marry you... I want you to bare my children. Y/N, I-"

He looked up and chuckled when he saw her sound asleep. Tony carefully got her changed into her pj's before changing himself. Tucking them both into bed, he gave her one last kiss for the night.

"Don't worry," he whispered, mainly to himself, "we'll talk in the morning."

~~~

Y/N was up first. It was Tony's birthday and she wanted to make sure it was special for him. Though they had people on the island to cook for them, Y/N wanted to make breakfast and a cake herself. She left the cake cooling on the counter when she took dinner to the room. Tony was no longer in the bed when Y/N arrived. Setting the tray down the the desk, she realized that the door to the balcony was open. She slipped out to see Tony looking out at the water. She wrapped her arms around him and rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart," she whispered, kissing just under his ear. "You make 45 look good."

Tony laughed, turning around in her arms so that he could hold onto Y/N. "And you make 97 look amazing."

"Hey!" She playfully smacked him. "I'm still 96 a little while longer."

"You're right, you're right. I'm sorry." He gave her a kiss. "You know you fell asleep last night?"

"Well, I did wake up this morning, didn't I?"

"No, like, we were going to start making love and then-"

"Oh, my gosh!" She buried her head in his chest. "I'm so sorry, Tony! The flight must of taken a lot out of me."

"Was it the flight or the four rounds we did on the flight?"

"Both." She looked up at him. "I'm so sorry, Tony. How ever will I make it up to you?"

"I can think of something."

His eyes darkened as he pushed her against the outside wall and kissed her, his tongue making its way into her mouth. Panting, Y/N pushed his back slightly.

"I made breakfast," she said, softly. "Can I at least get some food in me before we go another round?"

"Fine," Tony pouted, giving her one more quick kiss. "Only because I don't want you falling asleep on me again."

As they ate, Y/N could sense that something was bothering Tony. He wanted to talk about something, but was clearly worried about doing so.

"What's going on inside that head of yours?" Y/N wondered, running her fingers down his face until they were under his chin. When they were under Tony's chin, she forced him to meet her gaze. "I can feel you thinking a mile a minute. Don't worry though, I haven't peeked."

"It's... uh, nothing... it's nothing," he rushed out, nervously. Y/N gave him a questioning look. "I'm serious!" He held his hands up in defense. "It's stupid... I don't know why I even thought that I'd deserve it..."

"I'm sorry, what? What don't you think you deserve?"

"I already have you. I'm pressing my luck with that as it is."

"Tony, what's going on? And no more lies or avoidances. I'll look if I have-"

"I want kids." Y/N's silent look of shock made Tony keep going. "I want to have kids with you... I want your kids. Wait- that didn't come out right. If I could, I would have your kids, but I can't," he rambled. "But I want kids with you. I want to be able to watch and feel them grow within you. And I know we only talked about a future not too long ago and nothing more. But I... well, I just haven't been able to get the thought of having a family with you out of my head. Ever since I saw Clint with his family, I knew what I wanted. I want a family and I want it with you."

"I... I... Tony-"

"You know what? I've completely put you on the spot. I'm so stupid! I'm just going to-"

Y/N yanked him down and kissed him, hard. She held his head in place so that it would be hard for him to move. Standing up, with their lips still connected as much as possible, Y/N led them to the bed. She laid down so that Tony could hover over her. Without an answer giving Tony a verbal answer, she let him make love to her. Because, sadly, though she wanted a future with him, her heart was still torn. Even after all this time. Which just confused her.

How could she love a man she hadn't been with in literal decades? Who was currently on the run, not wanting to be found? She had this man with her, ready to give her the world. And yet, she still loved Bucky. She loved them both.

Then there was the fact that she had seen a part of the future. How could she bring a child into this world when there was destruction ahead? How could she risk it? For her and Tony? And how would that be fair to their child?

~~~

Tony and Y/N spent 3 weeks pampering each other on the private island before heading back to New York. Y/N was needed for a few days of training at the new Avengers Facility and Tony had avoided Pepper and board meetings so much that they were now all piled on him for a week. Y/N drove herself up to the Avengers Facility, where Natasha was waiting outside for her arrival.

"Long time no see, Rogers," Nat greeted with a smirk as Y/N exited the car.

"It's only be a few weeks, Romanoff," Y/N teased. "If I knew you were going to miss me that much, I guess I could have invited you to the island."

"Ew, no. I'm good. How was it? You and Tony have a good time?"

"Yeah..." Y/N nodded, thinking back on the things Tony had said.

Nat raised a curious brow. "Now that doesn't seem very convincing."

"Let's just say we have a few things I'd like to talk about."

~~~

"Wait a minute," Nat panted, as she dodged another one of Y/N's advances. "So, he told you that his wants kids with you? Tony Stark?"

"Yep," Y/N grunted as Nat kicked her back, but not down.

"And instead of answering, you shut him up by kissing him and letting him have sex with you?"

Nat kicked her leg up. Y/N wrapped her leg around Nat's, flipping her onto the floor.

"Yes."

"And you don't think he took that as your answer?" Nat went to swipe out Y/N's legs, but Y/N jumped up.

"Honestly, I have no idea." Nat had jumped up and began attacking again. "I haven't wanted to peek inside his head." Nat got the upper hand, throwing Y/N onto the floor with a hard thud. "Okay, okay... enough."

Offering a hand, Natasha helped Y/N stand back up. "Don't you think you should talk with him? Besides, I thought you did see a future with him."

"I do. It's.... It's complicated."

"Then uncomplicate it."

"You're one to talk."

"Hey, you're the one who came to me for advice, remember?"

"Actually I came because no one besides Steve is willing to go toe-to-toe with you and you wanted my help with Wanda."

"True," Nat nodded, throwing Y/N a water bottle. "Vision's been a good help though."

"He should be. He's housing the thing that gave her, her powers."

"And you."

Y/N nodded. "I need to work on mine a little more. See what limits I can push."

"You know if you do that without Tony, he'll be pissed."

"That's why I'm hoping I can do it when Steve gets back and get away with it."

"Is that your motto? It's better to ask forgiveness instead of permission?"

"Sounds about right... Any word on Bruce?"

"No," Nat shook her head. "Can't find him or the quinjet anywhere."

"He'll turn up. He always does."

~~~

"Heard Natasha beat you today," Steve said as he entered the kitchen where Y/N was currently eating. "How long has it been since that happened?"

"We switch off who wins," Y/N excused. "She needed this win."

"She needed it? Or you needed a beating?"

"Same thing."

"Have you worked with Wanda yet?"

"No, but Vision, Wanda, and I are planning to work outside tomorrow."

"Good. I'll come out and monitor. How's Stark handling retirement?"

"It's only been a few weeks, so it's too early to say, but so far so good."

"And you? How are you?"

"I'm doing good, Stevie."

Steve sighed. "Y/N, I need to apologize for questioning you and not trusting you during the whole Ultron incident. I shouldn't have been so harsh with you, I'm sorry."

"I forgive you, Steve. I understand where you were coming from."

"Would you, uh... remember when we'd do those sleep overs?"

"Yes!" Y/N laughed. "We'd stay up all night, knowing Ma would be mad in the morning."

"And she was," Steve chuckled. "Sometimes I really miss those days."

"Me too."

"I know that we're like 96 now and probably too old to have a sleepover, but do you want to? We can set up in my room and have FRIDAY play anything we want."

"I'd love that, Stevie."

The Rogers twins stayed up watching shows and movies they needed to catch up on. Y/N was the first to crash, at about 3 in the morning. All Steve could do was laugh and get her settled into bed before following suit. It was nice to feel like a family again. It had been so long, too long.

~~~

"Are you serious, Rogers?!" Sam shouted, pounding on the other side of Steve's door. "I thought you didn't believe in sleeping in!"

Steve looked at his bed side clock, realizing he was 15 minutes late for his morning running with Sam. "Shit," he muttered, getting out of bed.

"Language," Y/N groaned. She turned over and buried herself back into her brother's bed.

"Rogers!" Sam continued.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Steve responded, rushing around the room.

"Sam, could you quiet down?" Y/N wondered as Steve opened the door.

"Y/N?" Sam questioned. "You know you have your own room, right? And it just happens to be the biggest and nicest of all of them because you're dating the guy who built this place."

"That's true," Steve nodded. "Why didn't we do the sleep over in your room?"

"Sleep over? What, are you guys like 7?"

"Just leave and let me sleep," Y/N grumbled into the pillow.

Steve laughed. "Well, Y/N, you better be up in an hour to start training with Wanda and Vision."

"I will, I will." Y/N swatted.

"Sweet dreams, Y/N!" Sam teased as the men left.

"Screw you, Wilson!"

~~~

"Good morning, Agent Rogers."

"Good morning, Vision," Y/N replied, making her way outside. "You know that you call just call me Y/N, right?"

"My apologizes, Y/N."

"It's really no big deal." Y/N noticed Wanda walking up to them, she seemed nervous. "You ready for this?"

"I'm never ready," Wanda replied, revealing her nerves.

"You'll do fine. We're all going to work on helping each other."

Before doing anything, Y/N wanted to assess Wanda's combat skills. As the two began sparring, Steve, Sam, and Natasha came out to monitor. The women had agreed that powers would be allowed so that the best results could be observed.

Wanda threw blasts of red at Y/N. She dodged them physically and by using the portals. Wanda advanced towards Y/N, trying to start some hand-to-hand combat. Using her portals, Y/N appeared behind Wanda, swiping her feet from underneath her. Falling to the ground, Wanda wasn't able to stop Y/N from entering her mind and freezing her to the ground.

"Interesting," Vision noted from his spot beside the other observers.

"What is it?" Steve asked.

"Wanda is unable to get into Y/N's mind, but Y/N is easily able to get into hers. That's how Wanda is stuck on the ground."

"That is interesting," Sam said, nodding. "Why do you think that is?"

"The Mind Stone." Vision motioned to the Stone on his forehead. "It's protecting her."

"But isn't that Stone what gave Wanda her powers?" Nat questioned.

"Yes, but not in the same way Y/N is given her powers."

"All this power stuff is giving me a headache," Sam commented with a shake of his head.

"Yield," Y/N ordered.

"I yield," Wanda stated.

Y/N withdrew from Wanda's mind and helped her up. "Good round for a first time. Next time, no powers, for either of us. I need to see what you can do on your own."

"I think that's good for today, ladies!" Steve said, looking up from his tablet. "Your energy levels are fluctuating, Y/N. I think you need a rest before another round."

"Have you ever used all your abilities like that?" Wanda wondered.

"No," Y/N answered, shaking her head. "I've also never entered someone's mind who has abilities similar to mine. That could be the reason for the energy levels."

"How's he tracking that?"

"This." Y/N held up her wrist. "Tony made this for me to help monitor my abilities. I can get him to make you one as well, only if you want it though."

"I'll think about it."

"I'm starving," Sam said, coming over and throwing an arm over Y/N's shoulders. "You ladies want some lunch?"

~~~

Tony had been sitting in the board meeting, half listening, for an hour. He was absentmindedly staring at the speaker as his hand flicked the hair tie against his wrist. He didn't want to be here in this meeting. He wanted to be with Y/N.

"Mr. Stark?" The speaker called, everyone's attention falling onto Tony. "Mr. Stark?"

"Yes, dear?" Tony responded, breaking through his thoughts.

"What do you think about the plan?"

"I think that the plan is... it's well thought out and you did a wonderful job explaining it. Alright," Tony clapped his hands together as he stood up, "we done here? Cause I think it's time for a break."

"Tony," Pepper scolded.

"The plan's great, it's good. Go with it. It was nice meeting with you all. Can't wait until next time." Tony slipped through the conference room door, Pepper going after him.

"Tony, we've only just started. And don't you dare try and say you were listening, you clearly weren't."

"I was listening."

"What was the plan then?"

"It was about.... How we need to add new coffee machines in all the break rooms. A really great and needed plan."

"Are you serious, Tony? The plan was about our going green initiative."

"Oh? Well, I approve that too."

"Where are you going? You still owe me a weeks worth of meetings and paperwork."

"Just forge my signature, Pep," Tony waved her off as he entered the elevator. "You did remember how do to that, right?"

"Tony, I'm serious. Yes, I'm the CEO, but this is still your company and I do need your help sometimes."

"Looks like you're doing a great job to me. Let me know if you need a press conference done or any of the buildings are on fire and I'll me there." The elevator doors began closing. "Bye." He waved. Once the doors were shut, he leaned back against the wall. "FRIDAY, can you take me to my floor and call Y/N?"

"Of course, Boss. Dialing Y/N Rogers now."

"Hey, Tones," Y/N greeted. "Having a break from the meetings?"

"I decided to leave the meetings," Tony answered, entering their floor. "They can figure that stuff out without me. How's training going?"

"It's fine."

"Missing missions already?"

"Not as much as I miss you."

"Then come home. My schedules completely open now."

"How about tomorrow morning? I need to finish up some things here first."

Tony groaned. "I don't know if I can wait that long."

"We've barely been apart for a day," Y/N giggled. "I think you can manage one more night. I love you."

"If you loved me so much, you'd come home tonight."

"Nice try, Tony. I'll see you in the morning."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 19K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
57.2K 1.2K 33
This is a new version of my Winter Soldiers book, I'm hoping to write this one longer with more detail. (Pretend your right arm is the metal one lol...
67K 1.8K 32
{steve rogers x reader} {bucky x reader} y/n was 16 when she was kidnaped by hydra. years later she is found in an hydra base by the avengers. she is...
1.3K 71 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...