Out Of Time

By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... More

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred five
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred ten
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fourteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred thirty-nine
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

ninety-two

765 20 2
By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N, not happy with the plan, was leaning up against the wall, arms crossed. They had moved the machine into the lab. Skye was on her tablet while Simmons was prepping Coulson to go into the machine. Mack and Fitz were also watching nearby.

"Is all this really necessary?" Coulson wondered.

"If you're going to insist on doing this I'm going to be monitoring you very closely," Simmons said. "It too me and Fitz six weeks to figure out how to operate this and quite honestly, I never thought we'd have to use it."

"We should've destroyed it," Skye said.

"I agree," Y/N muttered.

Skye moved in front of Coulson. "In the history of bad ideas this is light years ahead of everything."

"No, trying to bring dead agents back to life using alien blood blows everything else away," Coulson retorted.

"They buried those memories for a reason, Phil," Y/N said, moving closer. "They were driving people insane. And now you want to uncover it when you've been getting worse. May would never-"

"May's not the director."

"Then I should stop you because I-"

"And neither are you. This is my call. I was put in charge of the TAHITI project so those people are my responsibility. If going back in this machine saves even one life, then it's worth the risk."

Coulson laid himself down, allowing Skye and Simmons to strap him down. Y/N sighed and walked towards Fitz and Mack.

"Mack," Y/N called, grabbing the mens attentions. "I need you close just in case."

"In case...?" Mack repeated.

"In case he starts screaming and you need to hold him down."

She turned back around and headed back to where the others were. Mack followed.

"Okay, try to stay relaxed," Skye told Coulson. "Listen to my voice. I'll guide you through but at the first sign of any duress I'm pulling you out."

"No, not until we have everything we need to find this guy," Coulson demanded.

Skye took a deep breath before nodding her head and looking towards Simmons.

"All systems are go," Simmons stated.

Skye checked over her shoulder to see Mack, Fitz, and Y/N. Then she turned back to Coulson and pulled up her tablet. She brought up a picture of Agents Stevens and held it for Coulson to see.

"Concentrate on Agent Stevens," Skye said. "She's your access point. Focus on her." Coulson stared at the photo for a moment before nodding his head. "Alright, take him back."

Hitting the button, Simmons made the machine light up and hum. Coulson closed his eyes.

"What do you see?" Skye asked. "Where are you?"

"The Guest house," Coulson answered. "In the interview room."

"Do you recognize anyone?"

"I'm alone."

"Concentrate on Agent Stevens."

"How do you feel today?" Coulson basically began to have a conversation with himself. "Do you remember how you got here....? She's here. She's doing well."

"And the others, how many are there?"

Six patients, well adjusted... I'm recommending immediate release."

Skye began looking at her tablet, jotting down the information. Everything was okay for a few moments, until:

"His heart rate is spiking," Simmons stated. Y/N quickly moved closer to the man, worried.

"What's happening, Coulson?" Skye asked.

"I see the writing ...for the first time," He replied. "Something's happening to them."

As seconds passed, Coulson began to have trouble breathing, the heart rate monitor going off rapidly.

"Vital signs elevating," Simmons stated.

"Tell me what's going on, Coulson," Skye urged.

"Degenerative effects," Coulson responded. "They're unstable."

"That's why Fury wanted us to watch you," Y/N whispered.

"They're getting worse every day. We're losing them. We need to shut down the program.... This isn't life. We need to shut it down and destroy the host... These are human beings, not lab rats! I'm contacting Fury... Erase their minds? That's hope...? Let me die!" That's when the tears formed in Y/N's eyes as she watched her friend struggle. "No, stop! Please! No! Please, will you make it stop? Please, make it stop! Please, somebody! Somebody, stop it! Stop doing this please... What have we done? What have we done? What have we done?"

Coulson looked over to Y/N. But it wasn't clear if he was actually seeing her.

"What did you do?" Y/N asked. "Tell me."

"We erased them," he answered. "All of them. New names, new memories. It was the only way."

"You did the right thing," Skye said. "Can you find their new names?"

"Uh, how much more can he take?" Fitz questioned.

"I don't know," Simmons replied.

Coulson's breathing was still heavy and it still like his body was seizing.

"Whatever you're doing to him, you need to stop!" Mack yelled.

"Coulson, we need their names! Find their names so we can pull you out!" Skye urged.

"Lewis Seaver," Coulson answered, still having breathing issues.

"That's one. That's-that's one. That's - k-keep them coming. Keep them coming." Skye began typing on her tablet.

"We shouldn't have done this," Y/N said quietly, shaking her head.

"The body of Lewis Seaver was found in the remains of the Santa Maria church fire in Miami."

"The fire was this guy, too," Coulson replied.

"Three of the others died of unnatural causes in the last six weeks. This guy is definitely targeting TAHITI patients."

"Is there's till a chance?"

"Two of them are alive. We need to find out which one is the killer. Do you remember anything, any clues?"

Coulson began to shake worse.

"We have to get him out of there!" Y/N cried.

"Not until we have everything!" Skye retorted.

"Roll up your sleeves," Coulson said, clearly talking to himself again. "You're not okay, and it's only gonna get worse. But I can help you... It wants me to know! I need to know! I need to know! I need to know! I need to know! No! No! I need to know! I need to know!"

"Get him the hell out of there!" Mack shouted.

"Phil!" Y/N cried, grabbing onto his hand.

"Shut it down!" Skye ordered. "Shut it down!"

"I need to know!" Coulson yelled.

"Sedate him."

"I'm calling May," Y/N said, moving out of the room.

"I-I need to know!" Coulson continued. Mack moved forward to hold Coulson down.

Y/N quickly called the quinjet.

"I need to talk to May," she instantly said.

"Y/N?" Tripp asked, hearing the worry in her voice.

"Get me May."

"Y/N?" May said. "We have a Ward situation that's about to get really bad for all of us."

"Coulson went into the memory machine."

"What?!? And you let him?"

"It wasn't my call."

"Lock him up and keep him under observation until I get back."

Hanging up, Y/N went back to the others. Coulson was straining against Mack's restraining hands.

"I need to know," Coulson repeated. "I need to know!"

"What did you do to him?" Mack asked.

"Just hold him down!" Simmons ordered. She moved in to sedate Coulson but he broke his restraint and pushed her away.

"Coulson!" Y/N exclaimed, pulling out her gun and aiming it at the man. Everyone turned to look at her. "Don't make me use this."

Mack moved so that Coulson could see Y/N pointing the gun at him. He calmed down and looked around. Everyone was panting with exertion and fright.

"I'm sorry," Coulson said.

"I spoke to May," Y/N replied. "She wants us to lock you up until she gets back."

"I think that's a good idea."

Y/N hadn't put down the gun, and everyone noticed that she was trembling. Fitz carefully walked up, setting his hand on hers and pushing her arms slowly down.

"I'll take him down to the vault," Skye offered.

Coulson nodded before Simmons unhooked everything from him. Then Skye and him headed to the vault.

"Hey," Fitz whispered. "Let's sit you down." Y/N could barely nod, but she felt Fitz guide her to a chair.

"We shouldn't have let him do that," Y/N whispering, shaking her head. "That was a terrible idea... I've... I've got to go."

Y/N rushed out of the lab and to her room before anyone could stop her.

~~~

She was on the phone with Tony, when Mack came to get her telling her that Coulson had escaped.

"Shit," Y/N murmured.

"Should I come and help you?" Tony offered.

"No. I've got to fix this myself."

"Okay. Just remember, you did nothing wrong and I love you."

"Love you too."

Y/N hung up and followed Mack. They met up with Skye, who had figured out where Coulson was going, and raced to an SUV. Mack took the wheel, Skye hopped into the front passenger seat and Y/N took the back. The SUV was speeding towards the destination.

"What this hell is TAHITI?" Mack asked, frustrated.

"Uh, TAHITI was designed to revive a fallen Avenger," Skye answered. "That's how it got started."

"Uh, Captain America, Iron Man - those Avengers?"

"Those are the ones."

"You realized that you have one in the car with you, right?" Y/N made a side comment. "You should have at least said my name."

"How the hell could Coulson forget that?" Mack continued. "What, does he have alien blood, too?" Both women shot him a look but said nothing. "Man, can you imagine that. SHIELD being run by a man that's part alien?"

"Yeah, imagine that," Skye said.

As they furthered down the road, a man was standing in the middle of the street, flagging them down. His wife and son was on the side of the road.

"Stop!" The man yelled. "Hey!"

"What the..." Mack said, pulling them over next to the man.

"Call the police. There's two guys trying to kill each other. They're out at my place, Thompson welding. It's right down the road."

"Alright, stay here. We'll handle this."

"Okay."

The man backed away from the SUV as Mack turned up into the driveway. The three jumped out of the car, readying their guns as they started towards the workshop. When they entered, Coulson was strangling a man from the railing above. Y/N started sneaking up the stairs behind Coulson, gun drawn.

"Let him go, Coulson!" Mack shouted, aiming his gun at Coulson.

"It's okay!" Coulson shouted back. "I'm okay now."

"That's what you said before you threw me in a cell," Skye commented.

"Fair enough, but I'm not trying to kill him! I'm trying to save him."

Y/N looked closer at the rope around the man's neck. She noticed that there was enough slack for the man to have his hand on it, pulling it away from his neck.

"I'm giving you to the count of three, and my gun's real," Mack warned.

"It's here, Skye and Y/N," Coulson continued. "Everything we've been looking for."

"One!"

"He's not kidding!" Skye shouted. "Let him go."

"Open your eyes, Derik," Coulson told the man.

"Two!" Mack continued counting.

"It's just below the surface, like you said. All you have to do is look."

"Three!"

Coulson let go of the rope and the man, Derik, opens his eyes. His breathing was ragged from holding off Coulson, but it calms as he looked down. With a look of awe, Derik sunk to his knees in wonder. Y/N came up closer.

"You can put the guns away," Coulson said. "He won't hurt anyone now."

"How do you know that?" Y/N asked.

"He found what he's been looking for...what we've all been looking for."

Y/N walked to the railing and joined them in looking down. Her mouth opened in shock. Skye quickly climbed the stairs to join them.

"The final piece," Coulson stated.

"I don't believe it," Skye said.

Down below was some sort of toy train building someone had built. The three dimension of the symbols formed the building.

"It's not so much a map as a blueprint," Coulson said. "It's a city."

~~~

Back at the base, Y/N, Coulson, Skye and May had been talking to Mr. Thompson, the man who had built the blueprint, about who he had been before the TAHITI project. Even offered him a job. He graciously declined, thanking Coulson for the life he was given before leaving.

"Sebastian Derik has been turned over to the authorities," Coulson told the women in his office. "He had sins to atone for long before TAHITI ever happened. But...at least he found his peace."

"And you?" May wondered.

Coulson hit the button on his tablet, moving the monitor up and showing a blank wall. "The compulsion's gone."

May sighed. "How can you be sure?"

"I can feel it. Whatever's in our blood it was driving us to go to that city, like homing pigeons. Only we couldn't figure out what home was, so it was just driving us mad. Once I had all the pieces...now we just need to figure out why this alien was so hell bent on getting there."

"Any news on Ward?" Skye asked, directed at May.

"We'll find him," Coulson answered. "In the meantime..."

He hit another button, bringing up the feed from the vault. They had received a gift from Ward. A man named Bakshi, who was high up in HYDRA's ranks.

"We'll take advantage of his gift, Mr. Bakshi," Coulson said. He grabbed Bakshi's phone and handed it to Skye. "Here's his cellphone. See what you can find inside." Coulson looked around at the three, eyes lingering on Y/N a bit longer. She had been so silent the last few weeks, compared to normal, it worried him. "Alright, let's get this over with."

They all went to the common area of the base, with the entire team was there waiting. Coulson stood in front of them all.

"To answer the question on everyone's mind, no I'm not crazy," he began. "I know in the past few months I may have seemed like I was leading you on some fool's errand. Chasing after strange carvings and artifacts. At times, I questioned it myself...wondering if I was chasing windmills, trying to solve some unsolvable puzzle. But the pieces are coming together. The puzzle's taking shape. The bad news, HYDRA's trying to solve the same puzzle, and they have more resources. The good news, we now have a piece they don't have." He pressed a button and brought up a 3D hologram of the model of the train building. "Everything we've been doing, it all...leads here." He turned it to it's side, making it look like the layout of a city. "Our job, find it before anyone else."

~~~

Skye and Y/N entered Coulson's office, coming to grab Bakshi's phone and inspect it. Skye picked up the phone.

"All right, Mr. Bakshi," she said, "I hope you weren't into selfies or this could be embarrassing for both of us."

"Please no nudes," Y/N murmured.

Skye chuckled as she connected the cellphone to her laptop and began unlocking it. While she was doing this, Y/N just stared at the phone, shocked with it starts buzzing with a call.

"You wanna answer it?" Y/N asked, looking at Skye. "Or should I?"

Skye pressed the answer button and puts in on speaker before saying, "Hail HYDRA."

"Hey, Skye," Ward's voice answered.

"Ward?" Y/N gasped.

"Oh, and Y/N's there too."

"Where are you?" Skye asked.

"Just wanted to make sure you got my present. I promised him a face to face with Coulson. Probably not exactly what he had in mind. I'll be sending a few other gifts your way now and then."

"Like a cat bringing in dead birds? No thanks."

"Just trying to be helpful. Oh, met the new recruits. I don't think they need to hang around much longer."

"Is that a threat?" Y/N asked, getting angry.

"Just a suggestion. Coulson could do better. Then again...I am hard to replace."

"How about you tell us where you are and we can talk about it?" Skye said.

"I have to go now, girls. I have a few personal matters to attend to. But I'll be seeing you both soon... I promise."

~~~

"You're telling me that that back stabbing son-of-a-bitch is still out there?!" Tony was definitely not happy that Ward hadn't been successful taken in.

Y/N sighed into the phone. "Yes, Tony."

"I thought you said that your best guys were on it!"

"They are... Ward's just... he's resourceful."

"I'm sorry, honey, but I have tried to let you and SHIELD do it your way. I have to step in now."

"I just don't want you in the crosshairs."

"And you think I want that for you?!" Tony took a deep breath. "I can't feel that way again... Just... come home."

"I have to see this through."

"You always say that..."

"I'm sorry, Tony. I love you."

"Yeah, I know." He sighed, defeatedly. "I love you too... how's the head?"

"The buzzing's still there. So I know the scepter's out there being used. I just wish I could track it somehow. But it's all manageable."

A knock sounded on Y/N's open door. She looked up to see Bobbi standing there. Y/N covered the mouth piece on the phone as Bobbi quietly started speaking.

"I'm about to go down to Bakshi. You interested in tagging a long?"

"Yes, just start with out me," Y/N answered.

Bobbi nodded then left. Y/N uncovered the mouth piece and put the phone closer to her ear.

"Let me guess, you have to go?" Tony said, annoyed and sad.

"I do... But I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay."

Y/N hung up before Tony could convince her to stay on the line and headed down to the vault. Bobbi had already started interrogating Bakshi when she arrived.

"-if you're gonna talk, say something," Bobbi was finishing as Y/N headed down the stairs, quietly.

"I could go back to being silent," Bakshi responded.

"Well, might as well if you have no thoughts of your own," Y/N commented, making herself known.

Bobbi rose a brow at Y/N impressed at what she was hearing in her tone. Y/N wasn't here to mess around. The agent Bobbi had heard so much of that was finally revealing herself.

"Y/N Rogers," Bakshi said. "Surprised to see you down here."

"I like to personally talk to our HYDRA idiots," Y/N replied, coming to stand in front of Bakshi. She was glad she had chosen to actually read through this man's file. "I don't understand how you can work for someone so-"

"Call him evil all you want."

"I'm pretty sure she was going to say boring," Bobbi commented. "How can you follow Whitehall? He's sort of a milquetoasty middle management type. Now you, you got the whole classic Bond villain thing going on." Bakshi smirked. "Why not lead?"

"My time will come. Like Whitehall, I worry about the long view."

"And I worry that you've been brainwashed. Did Whitehall pull and MK-Ultra on you?"

The man snarled. "I'm not one of those fanatics that HYDRA controls. Dr. Whitehall is a disciple of Red Skull, HYDRAs founder, shared his vision. I'm part of a grand history. Cut off one head and two - "

"Two grow back," Y/N said, shaking her head. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hell, I'll hand you the sword if Whitehall's head will get you the gig."

Bakshi chuckled. "Whitehall will see your friends turn to stone... those that haven't already."

"We'll just see about that."

~~~

Bobbi and Y/N walked into the common area where Mack see them enter first.

"So you two think Bakshi was brainwashed?" He asked.

"No, but let the idea drive him nuts for a while," Bobbi answered. "Any HYDRA member could've been, wouldn't know it."

"Yeah, that's true," Simmons agreed.

"Something Bakshi said, the language didn't feel right," Y/N said, grabbing a water bottle. "Called Whitehall "a disciple of Red Skull." Weird choice. He didn't say "studied". And "shared his vision"? That phrase is past tense. The wording feels -"

"First hand," May stated, appearing down the steps from Coulson's office.

"Yeah. I think Bakshi slipped," Bobbi said. "Maybe Whitehall and Red Skull have some sort of connection."

"Sounds logical, other than the fact that Red Skull's been dead for over 70 years," Hunter said.

"Which is right around the time the SSR recovered The Obelisk," Mack stated.

"70 years?" Y/N repeated, quietly. Everyone turned to look at her.

Hunter immediately felt a little guilty. "Rogers, I didn't-"

"It's been that long?" Y/N looked around at everyone. "I was there... but... he didn't exactly die." The moment Red Skull disappeared replayed in her mind. She shook her head, trying to move on. She needed to stop seeming so weak. "Clearly, whatever Red Skull did to get The Obelisk influenced Whitehall."

"This used to be an SSR base before Fury restored it," Simmons stated, trying to help Y/N. "It's full of SSR files."

"Get on it," May ordered. "Like Coulson's been saying, know your enemies."

"You know that I'm the assistant director, right?" Y/N commented. May simply rolled her eyes. "You heard her, get to work," Y/N laughed.

Everyone walked off in different directions while May came up to Y/N.

"You good?" May asked.

"I'm trying to keep my focus on what's in front of me," Y/N answered.

"It's just, you haven't really-"

" I'm fine, May. I know what I'm doing. Fake it til you make it, right?"

~~~

Y/N was still in the common area, thinking everything over. How could Whitehall have known Red Skull? Did something similar happen to him as did her and Steve? Bobbi was also back in the common area, twirling her batons as she thought.

What's wrong? You're twirling," Hunter said to Bobbi as he entered the room. "Having trouble figuring out Bakshi?"

"Actually, no, I-I have him pegged. Grew up on the streets, probably Southall, worked hard to refined his accent, still struggles with the t's. Parents weren't around, got into petty crime, military straightened him out till they sensed something off and washed him out. Ended up a private intelligence contractor."

"And you got all that from the eight words he said to you?"

"No," Y/N answered. "That last part I checked on."

"I think that he crossed Whitehall as an enemy and Whitehall gave Bakshi a second chance," Bobbi explained. "His borderline personality disorder makes him overvalue certain relationships, thank mom and dad for that, and one glimmer of belief in an authority figure like Whitehall, well...hail HYDRA. The puzzle I'm working is Whitehall. Bakshi sees something in him we don't."

"It's frustrating cause I don't ever remember hearing anything about a Whitehall. And I was literally there during World War 2... I wonder... he changed his name." Just then May and Simmons came down from Coulson's office. "Find anything?"

"Just the original 0-8-4 file signed by Peggy herself," Simmons said, trying to contain her excitement.

"Said she obtained the Obelisk from a guy name Reinhardt," May continued. "We were just on our way to look through the old SSR files."

"Let's all look through them," Y/N said. "The more eyes were have looking through the files, the better chance we have and finding anything useful."

They all went to where the boxes of files were stored. They each took a box and began looking through it. As they did, Y/N realized a lot of the files contained things from the war or just after her and Steve had frozen. It hurt her heart to read the dates.

"Sorting paperwork, the life none of us chose," Hunter commented, bring another box to the table. "Anything from the interrogation?"

"Pretty good idea why the Reinhardt files were locked up," May stated.

Mack was looking at a film strip, holding up to the light. "Yeah," he agreed. "There's some nasty stuff in here."

"Thank god none of this stuff made it on the SHIELD servers to be stolen away by HYDRA," Simmons said.

"Fury must have missed them or had a good reason for keeping them off," Y/N suggested.

"Hang on," Hunter said, going through his new box. "Hang on, I've got it. I've got the Reinhardt file." Everyone moved closer to see it. "Complete SSR bio, psych eval, and a lovely picture of the Nazi bastard."

"Wait," Simmons said, looking at the photo. "No."

"Yeah, name's right beneath it."

"No. That's Daniel Whitehall."

"What, you mean it looks like him?" Mack questioned.

"No, she means the same man," Y/N said.

"I've started Whitehall in the face," Simmons added.

"You're joking," Hunter said.

""Can't be," Mack stated. "He'd be old as hell now."

"I would've agreed with you before "alien" became a word we use daily," Simmons said.

"Hey!" Y/N exclaimed. "Do you forget who's in the room with you?" Y/N took the file, looking at it closer. "So I was right, he did change his name. He had a personal connection with Red Skull."

"What is this guy, Asgardian?" Hunter wondered.

"It's like he stopped the clock," Simmons said.

"Or turned it back," May added. May held up her tablet, showing them a prison picture of a very old looking Whitehall.

"Where's that photo from?" Hunter asked.

"An old SHIELD prison called The Rat."

"How long was he kept there?" Mack asked.

"For life."

"Something- or someone- must have let him out," Y/N suggested, trying to pick through her brain on who could have done that.

"But who?" Hunter asked.

"Pierce... Alexander Pierce."

Simmons began flipping through a file, stopping when she found what she was looking for. "Y/N's right," she said before she began reading the file aloud. "Undersecretary Pierce grants medical parole in 1989. After that there are no records of Reinhardt."

"Drops his name, loses the accent," Hunter explained. "A year later, Daniel Whitehall surfaces."

"Whatever he did to survive happened in that year," Simmons stated. "Was it alien tech? Where did he go?"

"The Fountain of Youth, apparently."

"I think we should cross reference the name Daniel Whitehall with any criminal activity from that time."

"Y/N and I will head down to Bakshi," Bobbi said, grabbing some files. "See what we can get out of him."

Y/N nodded and followed Bobbi down to the vault. Bakshi was left cuffed, sitting at the table. They both took a file, opening them.

"Tell me...," Bobbi began, "your devotion to Whitehall, based on fear or respect?"

"My devotion goes far deeper than respect," Bakshi stated.

"Fear goes way deeper, for sure."

"That's not what I meant."

"You meant programming," Y/N said. "From what I understand, I hear compliance will be rewarded." Bakshi turned away from the women with an angry look.

"No? So what is it you're so afraid of, huh?" Bobbi egged on. "What horrible acts do you fear Whitehall will perform on you?"

"I wonder..." He stared at her, smirk appearing. "If your friends know the acts that you are capable of. How you were able to ingratiate yourself to HYDRA. Do you fear their judgment should those details ever surface?"

"Fear of judgment. Perfectly said. You don't fear Whitehall. You fear disappointing him. And let me tell you, he is going to be very disappointed to see that you gave him up."

He snarled. "I didn't give up anything."

"No," Y/N said, her and Bobbi throwing their open files on the table for Bakshi to look at. "You gave us everything. Whitehall's name, his Nazi adventures with Red Skull, his age. Did you know he's hypertensive? We do. We would have figured all this out anyway, you people forget that a few of us were actually there during World War 2."

Bobbi walked around the table and stood next to Bakshi and began talking, "I know he gave you a second chance. Now, do you think he's gonna give you a third when you tell us how to kill him? You failed your boss, Mr. Bakshi. I know who Whitehall is. Question remains...what kind of a man are you?"

"A loyal one," the man responded.

Suddenly, he gritted his teeth and slammed his head, hard, against the table. Falling to the ground, Bakshi began choking and shaking. Bobbi dropped down next to him as Y/N ran around the table. White foam quickly started coming out of his mouth. Hunter rushed into the vault.

"Cyanide!" He exclaimed. "We checked him!"

"Freakin' HYDRA and their cyanide," Y/N muttered.

"Capsule embedded in his cheekbone!" Bobbi replied. "You're not getting off that easy."

~~~

Bakshi was brought up at treated in the lab, while Y/N went to make a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Stevie," she greeted with a smile.

"Y/N!" She could hear the smile through his voice. "Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

"Just... reliving memories a little... HYDRA's still everywhere."

"I know. And we're doing everything we can to put them down. How are you though? You staying safe?"

"Always." Steve scoffed. "Hey! I've always been safer than you."

"That's currently debatable. You literally got shot in the arm and the left the hospital only to get shot again."

"Alright, alright. We're even... I miss you."

"I miss you too... And, you know, I would appreciate it if you called and checked in a little more often. Getting updates from Stark isn't really what I want."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. All is forgiven."

"Have you... Has Sam... I mean-"

"We've found bits and pieces. But Buck's been trained well. He knows how to disappear."

Y/N sighed. "Yeah... Just, I don't want to be informed of everything. But-"

"You'll be the first one I call if we find him. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.7K 44
(Bucky X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Rogers, Steve's younger sister. The two Rogers had always watched each other's back since they were little. The yo...
14.9K 323 24
I'm Y/n Rogers, Steve's little sister. Our parents took me in at a young age and I grew up with him. Even if we weren't blood, Steve and I were extre...
1.3K 71 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
329K 4.8K 17
S.Rogers x B.Barnes x f!Stark!Reader After the events of the horrific past, y/n Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes have finally admitted their feel...