You Stole My Heart

By Storm-And-Snow

Nerdy, invisible and unpopular, Sarah wishes for everything she doesn't have-including football star hottie Z... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
EPILOGUE UPDATE!!!!

CHAPTER FORTY

256 7 2
By Storm-And-Snow

March 23rd

The days are slightly warmer but going outside is still a problem without a good jacket on you. It's been a hectic past few weeks so let me give you the updates from what has happened so far:

My parents have made me cut out my social life completely (it wasn't much to begin with but now it's reduced to nothing) to focus on school. It sucks staying at home every single weekend but Carley, Blake and I have somehow made it work. My dad has also made me start looking around at colleges. I think it's mainly because they don't want what happened, to Daniella to happen to me.

We started looking a few months back but after a while my parents left it. I personally think it's a bit late to start looking again but I do it just to keep them happy.

Things still aren't to great in the household. Dads been spending a serious amount of work on a "project" he says he has, and most nights are in either in his office or comes home later. Mom's scared as anything because there's nothing that she knows about a "work project" and dad really doesn't have any other hobbies.

Kevin's still hanging around, which irritates the crap out of my dad. After the pregnancy scare, dad was really hoping Daniella would rethink the whole Kevin thing, but unfortunately for him, all that happened was was their relationship growing; and speaking of Daniella. Her gap year is almost up and keeps avoiding my parents whenever the topic of her near future comes up.

"I think UCLA looks promising." I mutter out loud in the cafeteria for lunch on Thursday.
"Only because that's where Zac's going, smart ass." Blake rolls his eyes, only have his girlfriend whack him upside the head. "Hey! I'm just being honest." He defends himself.
I blush, and stare down at my mashed potatoes. I haven't spoken to Zac since New Years Day.

Avoiding him hasn't been the easiest job and he sure has been persistent. Or was at least, for the first few days, he made it his biggest priority to speak to me. Anywhere and everywhere he could; but after realizing that he wasn't going to win, he stopped trying.

There's always those awkward moments when we pass each other in the halls. Though that's mainly to the fact that Shane tells me everything Zac says about me to the guys. Nothing rude, just how he's endlessly trying to speak to me.

Shane and I are in a good place now. Here and there he'll come and sit with us at lunch and debate superheroes and Star Wars. I'm glad he hasn't lost his nerd factor, though here and there he'll add in "please give Zac a chance." Ever since he joined in Zac and Ryder's bromance, he's been passing on messages from Zac, but I still ignore them. I still can't face him yet.

I miss him though. Every time I see him in the corridor, smiling with his friends, I hope he notices me and hope we have that moment of complete silence when it feels as if we're the only two people on the Earth, before I'm shoved back into reality by annoyed people still trying to get to their lockers.

Carley and her parents (mainly her dad) had a huge fight and shes now staying with me. Her parents wanted to send her to law school in England, after they though she was getting nowhere in her search for schools after we graduate. Even though for about 3 years Carley has been saving up to either travel on her own for a while or go and volunteer. She's not let anyone forget it, especially her parents. It's killer her completely, that her parents still don't think she'll amount to anything.

And week later, here we are, Carley and I sitting at our usual table at lunch, waiting for Blake. Carley is deep in thought and I'm not sure whether to start the conversation or just sit in silence. Oh well, I think I need to be the best friend in this situation.

"So what's going on with you and your dad now?" I ask Carley, sipping my uncomfortably cold orange juice.

"Nothing really, I spoke to my mom yesterday though. She says my dads still dead set on me going to England, so in short, can I stay with you a little longer?" Her eyes are filled with the pain and hurt her dad has caused. There's no way I'd be able to say no to her and I'm glad I don't need to.

"Of course. My mom actually thinks you're a great influence on me. Standing up against something you're not happy with. She wants me to have more of a backbone, but really I honestly thing she's referring to herself."

Carley doesn't reply and stares blankly at her veggie roll.

To try and cheer her up a bit, I point to the approaching Blake from the other side of the cafeteria. "Hey here's boyfriend."

She looks up slowly and a small smile appears on her face. He hasn't seen us yet and then something strange happens. Something that would never, in years, happen.

Brittany, wearing the sluttiest outfit I've seen to date (black crop top with the caption 'meow' in metallic writing, mini skirt barely covering her hot pink thong, and whore... I mean high heels) walks up to Blake, curling her hair around her fingers. Both Carley and I are still watching this and I can feel her body tense up. Please Blake, don't be an idiot, I think.

They're talking and Brittany seems to be obviously enjoying herself. With twirl of her blonde stringy hair around her finger, she inches closer and closer to Blake. From where we sit, he's incredibly nervous with this encounter but doesn't look like he wants to leave. Just turn your head!! I say in my head, hoping he'll get the telepathic message.

And then, the impossible happens, after she gives her signature fake laugh (at whatever 'funny' he said) she gets onto her tip-toes and whispers something in his ears and slowly slips a piece of paper into his hands. Before leaving she kisses him on the cheek; which gets a few whispers from the surrounding tables (up until this point no one was watching this strange encounter but Carley and I). What they hell just happened?

Blake reaches our table and before getting any opportunity to say, "You will not believe what happened", Carley says the words I was hoping she wouldn't.

"Blake we're done." And gets up and walks away.

***

Carley went home today after lunch. She must have pulled some bullshit story to the admin ladies about feeling 'sick'. She's ignored all my messages and won't answer when I tried to call. I don't blame her though. She's handling this a thousand times better than I would have.

As for Blake, he's confused and furious. I get he's a guy but how does he honestly see no problem in what happened with Brittany. I've tried to ignore him but with our subjects, it wasn't easy.

Outside the school gates, Sabrina looks like she's on top of the world for the first time, is honestly acknowledging Brittany's presence. Which now means that Amelia got bumped down to 2nd best and is now their little shadow; so she's not sharing in the groups joy.
"Sarah. SARAH!" Blake calls after me on my way home. Walking may take a bit of time but I honestly have no one else to ask for a lift home.

"Just tell me why Carley is so freaking mad. I didn't do anything. It was Brittany, not me!!"

I can't believe this.

I turn around and stare Blake down. "You're such a dumbass, you know that right. Carley isn't mad, she's hurt. Brittany openly made a move on you, knowing you're dating Carley and the last thing you do is try and stop her." His expression changes and I can see he finally understands. There's still an unknown rage bubbling inside of me so I can't stop. "What's worse is that you don't see what you did wrong. You came back to the table as if you're the innocent one!!"

"Carley knows I love her and that I wouldn't leave her for someone like Brittany!! Why the hell am I even trying when she doesn't trust me enough to know I wouldn't hurt her like; and you know what. Instead of just talking to me, she broke up with me and left!" Blake screams at the top of his lungs and an old couple walking their dogs stop for a moment to watch this scene unravel.

He stops, runs his hands through his hair several times and then speaks again, calm but still with a enormous amount of anger.

"I know you're taking her side and you're a girl so I don't blame you, but if Carley really does love me like she says she does... Or did... She can talk to me. I'm not apologizing and going to beg for her forgiveness when I'm not the only person to blame here."

He marches away in the oppose direction, the couple finally leave and I'm left to grasp the situation:
Carley and Blake are through.
One of my friends is mad (I think at me)
The other is ignoring me completely.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to prom alone.
(Okay, the last one was a bit self-centered and isn't really my biggest priority.)

There's one thing I can think of doing now, so first stop... Grocery store.

***
I knock on our guest room door and wait for Carley's answer. I honestly feel like such an idiot carrying giant bags, waiting in my own passageway, for my friend to open the door of the guest room.

Knock once, no reply.
Twice, still no reply.

Her car is parked outside, so she must be here. Unless she's gone out for a jog... Yeah no she's definitely inside.

"Carley I know you're in there; and you can't tell me to go away. This is kinda my house; plus I've got something's you'll really like and they're getting heavy!! Open up please."

I hear footsteps and opening the door, Carley looks like she was hit by a truck (as my best friend, so I mean that in the best possible way). Her curly red hair is a messy... Blob on her head, smudged mascara stains down her cheeks from tears, eyeliner everywhere and her old, stained and really large Led Zeppelin t-shirt with track pants.

"Didn't I beg you to burn that horrible looking thing you call a t-shirt?" I say smiling.

"Haha. Funny." She replies sarcastically. "Sarah. You're great and all but I honestly doubt you can cheer me up."

"Yeah that's what you think. Now help me with this stuff and I can promise you, I'll change your mind."

We heave both bags on the bed and I get ready to unpack.

"So remember when we were 15 and even before any guys took the slightest notice in us, we created that whole break up kit?" I say dramatically.

She doesn't answer but nods and sits down on the bed, cross-legged.

"Well while walking home (thanks to you) I remembered what we had come up with and decided to put together the first ever 'best friend break up kit'. Now I'm going to be honest with you, we all knew this was a possibility somewhere deep deep deep inside and I definitely think you and Blake need to talk about this but for now, you look like a hot mess and I know exactly how to cheer you up... Drum roll please."

Unenthusiastically, Carley drums her hands on the pillows next to her. I roll my eyes and take out the items in the packets:

-A large box of assorted cupcakes (choc, vanilla, caramel and of course red velvet)
-the biggest bag of Hershey's chocolate kisses I could find.
-chocolate dipped strawberries
-Stress relieving shower gel
-2 small pizzas (vegetarian and meat lovers)
-rose scented tissues
-and the entire 10th Season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S

She looks at the kit and bursts into tears, though this time I can tell its happy tears. I walk over to the bed and hug her for what seems like eternity until I'm in tears as well. We release the hug and wipe our eyes.

"Come one. Get into the shower and I'll make the hot chocolate downstairs."

***********************************************************************************************

Oh wow!! It's been forever!!

Guys, we are really really sorry for the late update, school has been a wild ride.

So, did you expect that? Nope, you didn't right?! We thought so.

Also this isn't fully proof read, so please excuse any mistakes.

Hope you guys enjoy it!!! Also if you haven't seen F.R.I.E.N.D.S, you have not lived!!

A few more chapters left... It's been a long and amazing journey. Thank you for all the support we've gotten. Love you all so much.

See you guys next chapter, which we promise will be sooner than 2 months, sorry for the long wait once again.

See you guys!!
xoxo
Storm and Snow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 37.5K 51
Reign Miller doesn't believe in love, she thinks all romcoms are cringe and so are high school relationships, even she doesn't know why. Her goal dur...
404K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
369 32 12
Being a teenager is the hardest part of everyone's life. You get to suffer with all these annoying hormones and stuff, annoying social classes and an...