FORSAKEN - Target: Zero

By OddityMedia

STARWARSFANS OFFICIAL FANFIC. At the dawn of the Empire, a mysterious figure only known as Pharos forges an... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

CHAPTER EIGHT

12 1 0
By OddityMedia

"So, what do I call you?" Theleema walked down the steps of the temple.

"Sever's fine."

"But that's not your real name, is it?"

"It's one of them. How about you? Do you prefer the Crimson Lady or—?"

"That's how I'm known in the underworld. Call me Theleema."

"What, that's it? No Darth Odious or Darth Forlornius?"

The comment made her laugh. "I am not a Sith. You have an interesting fighting style. Where did you learn it?"

"I came up with it."

"You created your own lightsaber form?"

"Mano Cerrada." Sever picked up his helmet from the ground. "Though it has evolved into a combat philosophy more than a form."

Theleema's disbelief turned to awe. "I like the idea of the extra blades on the pummels. Pretty useful to maim your opponents."

"I like your crossguard lightsaber too."

"Similar idea as you." She took her cloak and dusted it off.

"The lightwhip is an interesting choice."

"It has served my sisters well for many centuries."

"Were you in the Battle of Dathomir?"

"You mean the Massacre of the Nightsisters."

"Is that why you became Maul's apprentice, to seek revenge?"

She got near him. "I was nothing until my Master arrived in Dathomir; forgotten like the rest of my sisters. I was weak, scared—my Master showed me the way to achieve true power and avenge my sisters." Theleema walked toward the entrance of the temple.

"That path doesn't end where you think it does."

Theleema stopped and scoffed, "You're one to talk."

"Not my words, my Master's. He buried the woman he loved in these waters—one of your sisters, Asajj Ventress. She sought to redress the tragedy of your clan and in the end came to regret it."

Theleema jeered at the thought. "Your Master was in love with Asajj Ventress?"

"Hard to believe, right? Don't worry. It didn't last long, nor did it end well." He continued outside to pass her.

Theleema followed him. "Ventress was the best of us. She's the reason I sought to learn from my Master. I fought beside her during the Separatist's assault. I'll never forget it, how she leapt into the middle of the battle, wielding her lightsabers... I wanted to be like her."

"How did you survive?"

"I almost didn't, if it wasn't for one of my sisters. She dragged me away from the battlefield and healed my wounds." Her expression became embittered. "No one came to our rescue."

"We all backed the wrong people." Sever picked up his backpack and rifle by the Thorn.

"A little too late for self-reflection, isn't it?" Theleema boarded the starship.

"It never is."

Dropping his things off at the crew lounge, Sever took the lift up to the cockpit with Theleema, where she piloted the Star Currier off planet. Once inflight, Theleema introduced a datacard in the computer.

"This is the file that came attached to the code." Theleema wheeled her chair around to face the silhouette appearing over the central holoprojector.

The digital voice of the Pharos spoke: "For his service to the Empire, and based on his philosophy of rule by fear, Emperor Palpatine has rewarded Governor Wilhuff Tarkin with a new political title; Grand Moff. This rank makes those bestowed with it, governors of oversectors or priority sectors; the Outer Rim Territory in Tarkin's case.

"The promotion already took place within the privacy of the Emperor's office. But a public ceremony has been planned at the end of two weeks of celebrations and interviews, to maximize propaganda efforts. It will be held at the Imperial Palace, among the members of the ruling elite. The event is meant to exalt the glory of the Empire, as well as serve as a warning to insurgent groups across the galaxy that things are about to get more difficult for them.

"My intelligence sources have found out the Emperor is planning to make an unscheduled appearance to formalize the promotion, and show his rarely-seen face in public. This presents the perfect opportunity to carry out the mission." The file ended.

"You can keep up that sabacc face of yours all you want, but looks like we're killing ourselves a Sith Emperor. Either that or we're providing catering for the event, but something tells me neither of us can cook."

"You sound thrilled."

"I was a shadow killer." Theleema shrugged. "I enjoyed my work." She referred to her clan's assassins who served as mercenaries throughout the galaxy.

"What about the palace's blueprint?"

Theleema prompted the file. The hologram showed a three-dimensional map of the Imperial Palace—the former site of the Jedi Temple. "I reviewed the file already. As you might have guessed, security is going to be tight. The Jedi's attempt on Sidious' life five years ago left him deeply paranoid. Getting access to him is near-impossible. The event itself is going to be held in the Imperial Banquet Hall." She centered the hologram on the area.

"That used to be an old Jedi Library, well before my time. The architecture was so astonishing, the order turned it into a formal ballroom for ceremonial and diplomatic occasions."

"Beautiful and well-guarded. The internal security is going to be tight as an airlock. The bulk of it is going to be provided by Military Intelligence. Guests will arrive via ComfortRides through the garage for surface vehicles, located at the base of the high Council Tower on the ceiling. A scanner will be set at the entrance to check for weapons."

"Who's attending?"

"Senators, high-ranking officers, governors, top corporate executives, famous entertainers, bankers, guild leaders, and a few special guests. They are all confirmed in a log and were issued custom-made invitations to avoid forgeries."

"What about media and service personnel?"

"The Imperial Press Corps is covering the event to maximize its propaganda effect. As for servants, they're using droids to minimize the number outsiders with access to the building."

Sever studied the structure, remembering the details of his old home. "What about the service ducts?" He pointed at the ones servicing the Great Hall.

"After an assassination attempt on a Nubian senator, all grates have been modified to face down. Probe remotes scan them parodically checking for organics inside the vents. They are part of the palace's internal security systems."

"And the security outside the palace?"

"The palace will be guarded by shock troopers. The Coruscant Security Force will handle the ten-kilometer security perimeter outside. Only authorized vehicles will be allowed to fly inside."

"Alright, what about the guest's starships? Where are they landing?"

"Here." Theleema searched for the correct image. "These landing platforms outside the secured perimeter will be reserved for off-world guests. A Star Destroyer will be stationed outside the planet to provide extra security."

How did Quinlan manage to get all of this information? Sever leaned against the control console, thinking. "Even escaping the planet is going to be an issue," he mused.

"The Thorn is fast and hard to detect, but it won't survive a long-drawn-out fight against a squadron of TIE fighters, let alone a Star Destroyer."

"I'll leave finding a new starship to you. We're going to need to recruit a few more people."

"Any ideas?"

"I know a place."

"More Jedi?"

"Darth Sidious may be our main target, but we also need to take care of his apprentice, or we'll just be trading one Sith for another. If there's any truth to what I've heard about this Darth Vader, we're going to need people that can handle a lightsaber."

"You don't think the two of us and Marrow are enough?"

"I don't take chances. Speaking of him, when can we meet him?"

"He'll meet us in Corellia as soon as we're ready."

"You already talked to him?"

"Time's short. I needed to make sure he was on board to give him enough time to find us a way inside the ceremony."

"Why Corellia?"

"It was his choice. He spends a lot of time in Coronet City, networking and making deals. Since the Diktat has maintained autonomy from the Empire by paying a yearly tax, it's the only planet in the Core where people don't have to worry about the Imps so much. Which works well for us. So, where are we going next?"

Sever switched from the hologram to a star-chart. He closed his eyes and let his mind's eye reach across the galaxy. His fingers input hyperspace coordinates into the navigational computer as the path to his destination revealed itself to him.

Theleema observed this bizarre process in puzzlement. "What are you doing?"

"Plotting our path to our destination. There are no hyperspace lanes where we are going, and we need to move fast."

"That's what the navigational computer is for."

"I'm adding a few corrections." Sever opened his eyes.

"You are?" Theleema didn't care to hide her skepticism.

"Don't worry, I've been doing this since I was seven."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? Where exactly are you taking us?"

"The Dredge."

"Sounds fun." Theleema punched the hyperdrive. The stars turned into streaks of lights and the Thorn was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 89 21
After her one night encounter with Lord Vader, she seeks out her destiny, hoping to discover her True North. Book 1 of... Published: 2/28/21 Complet...
1.5K 205 31
One of the few students of Jedi tradition after the purging of the order by the Empire, Lorash Entaira has lived her life hiding in secret under the...
214 2 9
Set after Revenge of the Sith: Three years after the fall of the Jedi and democracy in the galaxy, the Empire reigns. Any remaining Jedi are spread...
887 1 29
Thirty-four years have passed since the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War. During that time, thousands of systems once ruled by the dreaded Empire...