Symbol of Justice - Titan Bond

By Largehfanfic

"Izuku Midoriya" "Quirk: Titan Bond" "Calls upon the help of the Titan BT-7274, along with displaying great p... More

Prologue
BT-7274
Abandonment and New Beginnings.
Forced to Compete
Last Resort
Head-To-Head
An Unlikely Mentor
Who Gave Midoriya Throwing Knives?
Don't Back Up, Don't Back Down
Everything is Just Beachy
Left Behind - Who spiked Aizawa's coffee?
A Doting Eraser and One Overly Worried Bluenette
wouldyoupleasegonadatewithme?
From the Ash's Comes a New
Start Line
First Impressions Aren't Always Good
"What Are You Lookin at Nerd!"
I Don't Want to Be Class President.
Titanfall Ready
Ah, Insert Title Here!

Provisions and Confessions

1.4K 38 5
By Largehfanfic

Summary:

On a drab and dreary day, the 2-A heroics course (+Izuku) gains their Provisional Licenses, and Izuku finally musters the will to tell his adoptive father the truth he's been hiding for nearly half a decade.

<--->

It was a drab, rainy day that couldn't get any bleaker for Izuku. He wasn't ready, hadn't even thought that he'd need to be ready for laid ahead. Given only a few months to prepare for such a test hadn't been the easiest.

"Okay everyone, thank you for your hard work in today's exam. Before I announce the results, I should probably explain the way you were evaluated. Between HUG and those of us within the Hero Public Safety Commission, we had a twofold demerit system that we used to determine your total score-" A loud thunderous boom could be heard from the distance. It had rained heavily throughout the entirety of the exam.

"In other words, we were evaluating you based on how few mistakes you made in a crisis situation. Anyway, the names of those who passed are listed in alphabetical order. Keep my words in mind as you search the board for your name. ~ *sigh" The frizzy blonde-haired man explained as he gestured to the board behind him.

The board was soon showing the names of roughly 50 future heroes. Izuku own mind raced as he looked over the board. 'Midoriya, Midoriya, Midoriya...' He read along the board, trying to find his name.

And then as he came halfway down the list he spotted it, his name there near the center of the board. He was a hero hopeful, he'd done it... A small smile grew across his face as the words of BT filled his mind. "Well done Pilot, you had an 87% chance of success by my calculations. Though it is inadvisable that you continue to be so reckless during rescue."

"Your point deductions are itemized on your report forms that you will receive. I advise that you look them over and take careful consideration of your weak points." Another sigh could be heard from the man as his head slumped lower towards his podium.

"Anyway, moving forward those of you who passed can exercise the same authority as pro heroes but only during emergency situations. In other words, fighting villains, saving the public, you may act using your best judgment with no direct orders. Keep in mind that every action from here on carries deep responsibility towards bettering our society and that the world is watching you." Izuku just nodded as the blonde finally walked off the podium area and into the nearby building.

He'd done it, he'd become a provisionally licensed hero. But before the boy could even accept that as fact, he'd been tackled to the ground by a certain bluenette. "Hey Midoriy! I can't believe it we all got our provisional licenses, and we can be real hero's now. Aren't you so excited!" The bubbly girl beamed as she helped pull the poor greenette off the muddy ground.

"Yea~" Izuku responded, at a loose for words as Hado just beamed from ear to ear.

"That's right, we can actually do hero work and I can save 1 million people!" Toogata proudly beamed as he walked over to the two. Amajiki soon followed as well offering his friends a small smile of congratulations.

Hado would continue to bounce on the balls of her feet as she and Izuku conversed about how tough the villain looking hero had been. Izuku agreed with her, Gang Orca was certainly rather scary.

"What did you score Midoriya?" Mirio asked, looking over the boy's shoulder as he read through the report that was handed to him as he entered the building. Izuku looked up at the blonde that stood somewhat to the right of his shoulder.

"I got a 76, they mainly commented on my inaction in some cases and my somewhat delayed response time." Mirio nodded and looked over his own paper. "Yea, I got an 81, the main complaint was that I yelled too much." Amajiki snickered at the boy behind him.

"That's because you're too focused on helping people to tone down your voice." The three laughed as Mirio fake pouted at the others.

The three would soon find themselves once again outside amongst the storm as they gathered onto the bus. Eraser Head was stationed outside along with Midnight. Eraser had been voluntold to go on the trip to the licensing exam since he didn't have a class though he would have gone anyway.

The man smiled as a certain greenette walked out; thankful that Ms. Joke hadn't shown up this year, that was a relief but the other greenette was here. Shouta watched as the four friends walked out of the building and towards the bus.

Aizawa walked over to the group, and looked at Izuku, a small straight face gracing his exterior as he looked at the boy. "Good work." Was all the man said before ruffling the boy's wet messy hair and walking over to get on the bus.

<--->

"Umm, may-may I come in Sir?" Izuku asked, peeking his head through the large office door. The other figure simply nodded in response, placing two cups of tea down onto his small desk.

"Ahh, Midoriya! Glad to see you could make it my boy." Greeted Nedzu as he sat down in his office chair. Izuku nodded to his adoptive father as he walked closer to the center of the room.

Noting that there were still papers strone about his desk, obviously having been focused on something again. Nedzu liked to keep a clean office, but often didn't find the requirements to clean if it was just his son. Preferring the more relaxed atmosphere with the boy over something nearly sterile.

"You wanted to see me?" Izuku asked, an eyebrow quirked upwards as he looked the mouse up and down. A nod coming quickly after from Nedzu before he began to speak. "Yes, I wanted to congratulate you on your success in obtaining a license. I am very proud of you." Nedzu tried his best to be as sincere as possible, because he was truly proud of his son.

"However, that is not all. As you know, with the completion of your exams and obtainment of your license it is time for you to start formally training under me for the foreseeable future." Izuku nodded, if that's what it took to be a hero, then that is what he would do.

But questions came to the boy's mind, 'Should I tell him?' Izuku asked himself, after the incident during the training camp, he needed to tell Nedzu. But nothing felt quite right at the time.

His adoptive father, the person he was supposed to confide in, didn't know about his quirk. He didn't know about the A.I. or the giant mech and yet that comforted Izuku. Knowing that his father couldn't hate his quirk, couldn't be upset by the development.

Couldn't be upset that he lied to him for half a decade...

Izuku's mind continued to race as Nedzu looked up from his cup of tea, he could hear the boy mumbling though even his ears couldn't quiet tell what. Nedzu had become use to the mumbling, passing it off as worry or too much thought for a young mind but this seemed worrisome.

"Izuku are you-" Nedzu was cut off as the boy steeled his resolve and looked the mammal in the eyes.

'You should trust him, young Pilot.' Came the reassuring words of Izuku's greatest ally and friend. If BT thought it was a good idea, then, just maybe it would be okay...

"I-I'm alright, I just have a lot on my mind with everything that's been happening as of late." Izuku lied once again, he couldn't tell him just yet. Worried for how the man may judge him for his actions.

"Well, that is alright, I know how busy and hard you've been working as of late. You've done well my boy. -" Nedzu stopped for a second, processing what was best to say to his son.

"Though you have trained under me for several year, I believe it is time we start your formal training. Starting tomorrow you will shadow me while still taking basic math, English, science, and history courses. Mr. Maijima has also requested that you still shadow his Support Course classes on Fridays so that your mind stays sharp. Finally, on Monday's and Wednesday's you will be taking Heroics under Mr. Aizawa." Nedzu gave a faint smile to the boy as he sipped the last of his tea.

"That-that seems like a lot sir?" Izuku asked, now realizing how much more work he needed to even gain entrance into the heroics course.

"No need to fret, you will have the support of U.A.'s teachers at your side. We all believe you can become a hero Midoriya." Izuku nodded, he was happy to know that even though his father thought he was quirkless, that he'd still be able to be a hero.

Izuku wanted so badly to tell Nedzu, but his mouth just cou-wouldn't move. His whole life he'd kept BT a secret, not knowing if he'd be enough and now knowing that even without him; Izuku could be a hero was a weight off his shoulders.

"I-da-father, I um-I have something I need to talk about as well." Izuku finally relented, his mouth betraying his thoughts as he looked up to the man before him.

"And what would that be my boy?" Nedzu asked, an eyebrow quirked upwards as he leaned closer to the boy.

"*Sigh - There something I'-I've wanted to tell you since-since we met. I have a quirk..." Izuku paused, trying to understand what he should say...

Nedzu didn't say anything, though his mind raced with hints of excitement and planning. 'How intriguing.'

"When I was ten, I heard a voice calling out to me. Though nothing would come of it for some time I'd never heard such a thing. Then-" Izuku paused reliving the day the slim villain had attacked him, the worry and fear streaking through him like madness.

"I wa-was attacked by a villain about a year ago." Izuku looked up, tears forming in his eyes as the memories collided with him, it'd been such a horrible day and yet one of the best all in the same.

"You were what?" Concern flashed in the man's eyes, fear, worry, danger all coming to a point as he looked his son over. Worrying what could have been, why wasn't he told. 'WHY WASN'T I INFORMED!'

Nedzu could never be mad at Izuku, seeing the obvious trauma flash across the boy's face had caused him to understand why the boy hid such a thing. But there weren't any authorities contacted, why wasn't there a case opened, why did no one tell him that his son was hurt.

"I was worried you'd think less of me, that I couldn't even protect myself... that I was worthless." Izuku stammered out, sadness overcoming all other thoughts as he broke down in the man's office.

He was supposed to be over this, passed Kacchan , passed All Might, passed the ever present sludge and, and his mother. But he wasn't, Izuku still feared for his life, still worried about all the terrible things that had happened. Thought of himself as worthless, as useless, as nothing but a deku.

"Hey, hey, I would never think less of you. It's alright." Nedzu tried his best to sooth the boy, though he wasn't good with human emotions he could nearly feel the pain rolling off the boy's body.

"I-I lied to you for so long... And I feel terrible, okay? I'm nothing, I can't do anything right-" Another loud quiver as the boy sunk in on himself, his hands pulling his knees closer into his chair.

Nedzu had no comment to give, understanding that now was not the time to interrupt the boy, he just gave a reassuring smile to the boy, letting him know that he was safe within his presents.

"I should have told you as soon as it happened, but I just-just couldn't do it. My-my quirk relies upon an A.I. that is not from our time. He's the one who helped me build everything but he's more than that... He's also a-ahh mech of sorts that I can call for assistance when I'm in danger." Izuku's large green eyes looked up to his adoptive father, expecting to find disappointment and anger but was greeted with nothing more than a worried smile.

Nedzu said nothing as he left his seat, walking around his desk and pulling Izuku's hands into his paws. "It is alright my boy, I understand... It's my fault for not seeing it earlier. You were in pain, and I should have known. Why didn't I think something bad would happen?" Nedzu rubbed the boy's hands, trying to reassure him everything would be alright.

But nothing was okay, nothing was going to be just okay. Nedzu had failed his student-his own son and for that the world would burn. 

Ending Notes:

Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed and please feel free to leave a comment or star/review (IDK how that works). I read them all and try to respond to the best of my ability.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 3.3K 18
Izuku Midoriya was bullied all his life. He was quirkless and there was nothing he could do. It was simply the fate of quirkless kids to die young. "...
83.9K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...
371K 13.1K 23
After being added to the wrong group chat and finding a new family and a place in life, it is finally time for Izuku to move on and be a proper UA he...
806K 26.5K 26
Your entire life has been spent in a experiment facility. Your quirk is strange and powerful, and no one can quite pin point what it is, which is why...