My Darling Katherina

By Sophie_BookQ

What if Amarantha was pregnant with Rhysand's daughter and he didn't know about it until years later? Will sh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Twelve

4K 112 16
By Sophie_BookQ

"What in the Mother do you think you're doing?!"

Katherina exclaimed for the third time since the Darkness had broken in the room.

He seemed to disregard her protest, still feeling her up to see if she had any injuries. Katherina appreciated the fact that he couldn't see her face. She, on the other hand, is aware of how flushed she is.

Katherina pushed him away as he kneeled on the floor in front of her, his hands trailing her face, neck, and stomach until he reached her hip, the other on her thigh.

His eyes met hers, a swarm of displeasure and anger swarming his face, but he said nothing.

Of course he wouldn't understand

He couldn't understand how whenever he was near, Katherina's heart beat a bit faster. Couldn't understand how whenever he touched her, Butterflies raged in her stomach, making her turn to liquid.

He couldn't understand how she just wanted to grab his face and connect their lips like she had seen couples do so many times over the years.

Couldn't understand how she just wanted to drown in his scent of books and rain, until she had lost herself in oblivion. In him.

"Are you alright?" The Darkness whispered, startling Katherina from her reverie.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What exactly are you doing here?"

Katherina sat at the end of the bed, the Darkness in front of her.

Before responding, he took a few deep breaths.

"You weren't home."

The room was dark, and his shadows lingered in the corners, as if they were checking to see if there was anyone who could harm her.

Except for a single ray of light that escaped the closed curtains. Resting on him.  Illuminating the Immortal Body of Darkness,  His russet skin glowing against the light . And his eyes...

The butterflies thumped against Katherina's stomach. Or perhaps it was the sound of her heart.

He referred to the small apartment they shared as their 'home'...

She smiled brightly as she took his hand in hers and laid him on the bed that could fit four people. She curled up on his chest, blankets covering them, and told him everything that had happened in the previous few days. (Except for the part where her father stabbed her), and before she knew it, sleep had drawn her in.

***

Katherina and her father walked through Velaris, her periwinkle dress fluttering in the wind as they passed by people. Her father stood by her, softly smiling at them.

Katherina felt herself shine in the scorching sun. She wore a little golden necklace with earrings that connected the top of her ears to the bottom, which matched her purple clothing. A single ring in the shape of a chain rested on her finger.

They walked to several locations and stopped in a variety of shops. Her father began by asking her simple things such as what color she preferred (purple), when she was born (Summer Solstice), and so on.

The awkward suspense gradually dissipating into something more comfortable.

Katherina thought her feet could fall off when they came to a halt at a little café. Her face and neck were glistening with sweat. When she looked at her father, though, he appeared to be absolutely sweat-free.

As she called him out on it, he chuckled.

Katherina sipped her lemonade slowly while watching two Illyrian boys race through the air. Their wings shimmering in the sunlight.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't realize her father was speaking to her until he called her name.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

He gave a warm smile.

"I asked whether your wound was healing properly."

"Oh, yes!" Katherina said. "It's healing nicely, which comes as no surprise given that I heal faster than the average High Fae," she stated, crossing her legs in a more comfortable posture.

"Do you believe it has anything to do with the fact that I'm part Illyrian?"

Before responding, her Father appeared to contemplate for a moment.

"I don't believe so, but then again, I'm no a genetics expert."

Katherina couldn't help herself except to let out a small giggle. Her Father then looked at her with a confused expression before joining her in her fit of small laughs.

Silence then stretched across them, however (To Katherina) it wasn't uncomfortable or awkward. They were just simply enjoying each other's company, watching as the citizens of the Velaris walked passed by them, stuck in their own lives to bother looking as their High Lord sat with the Daughter of the Mountain.

"I couldn't help but notice how you gazed at those boys rushing through the sky," 

Katherina turned to face her Father, but he didn't give her a second glance. Rather, he kept his gaze riveted on the people passing.

"Would you like to take a flight?" Rhysand inquired, eventually turning to face Katherina.

She, on the other hand, averted her gaze and replied gently.

"I don't have wings." she said. Which dropped the conversation entirely.

His face was flushed with bewilderment before swiftly turning to comprehension. That was the end of it.

Her father had attempted to restart the conversation, but Katherina had only given him flat responses.

They returned to the House of Wind after a while when the sun began to set, turning everything gold.

They stood in front of each other, a gap of timidity between them. The other is at a loss for words.

Katherina's father abruptly removed his hand from his pockets, causing shadows to swirl over them, revealing a little sunflower.

Katherina's eyes widened as Rhysand then reached over to put the Flower between her ears and hair.

Katherina saw herself when she met his gaze, her azure eyes glistening in the setting sun's light. Her hair appeared to be on fire, and the sunflower seemed to be burning with it.

"Goodnight, Katherina." he spoke in a hushed tone before being enveloped by smoke and vanished.

It took Katherina a few moments to grasp what had just transpired. She smiled to herself as she walked to the bedroom, reaching out to touch the flower.

She would wait for the Darkness there. She'd tell him everything that had happened today, as well as what she was awaiting from tomorrow.

Katherina felt herself come to a halt just as she was about to turn the handle. She was hesitant to open the door because of this. Hesitant to summon the Darkness.

Hesitating.

Why was she hesitating?

Her feet began to pull her toward the balcony. Her legs were burning as she climbed the stairs. Her heart was hammering against the inside of her chest. Katherina felt a tug that she didn't understand. A pull. Something was calling, except she doesn't know what.

Once Katherina managed to take a breath, she pushed open the doors that lead the balcony of the House of Wind.

However, it wasn't a normal balcony to what Katherina was expecting.

She stood atop one of the Mountains of the House of Wind, The ground beneath her, flat. From here, Katherina had a perfect view of all of Velaris. The wind was blowing against her, making her feel as if she was flying.

Flying.

Katherina let herself imagine- just for those few moments, that her bat-like wings were spread out behind her, catching the wind. The sun which before was shining bright now only glowed softly against her. Turning the sky indigo and orange.

In that moment, She felt free.

She was no longer haunted by memories of her mother. Her father, her entire family—everything.

Time seemed to stop for Katherina at that point. Allowing her to live her life as a normal girl. A simple woman who grew up with a father and mother who adored each other. A young lady who walked out to catch a flight. She enjoyed the sensation of her wings gliding across the wind.

The moment, however, came to an end when a voice called her name.

Reality began to return to her, shattering her brief fantasy.

Katherina turned to see the source of the voice, her gaze falling on an Illyrian male.

He stood a few feet away from her, His enormous wings moving slightly, as he took her in.

His chest and shoulders were covered in tattoos. Making it appear as if his tanned skin was stained with shadows.

His body was enticing, but his face was even more so. He was sleek and elegant.  His eyes, too...

His eyes... They made Katherina think of music. It didn't matter how loud or quiet it was. Whether it's hard or soft. It was just music, after all. Her eyes began to water as a result of the music. Her vision became hazy.

As she whispered his name, the tugg inside her began to drag her towards him. Her voice was carried to him by the wind.

"Azriel."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 1.1K 21
Fate had her remain with her father and youngest sister the day the debt collectors came. It was fate that her father let her go. It was fate that ga...
100K 3.4K 49
The magic of Prythian is fading, and with it everything that Zaria loves. As daughter of Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court, her father's reputati...
160K 5.9K 77
Born into the cut-throat Autumn Court, Eris Vanserra had been surrounded by monsters his entire life and spent most of his time scheming for the crow...
118K 2K 30
IMPORTANT NOTES: This story was written prior to the release of ACOSF and CC2. Also I wrote this at 17, please dont judge too hard, thanks lol. Eigh...