The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

By NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... More

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 18: Return

2K 38 0
By NoOneToRemember123

No Pov

Y/N and Yang enjoyed a few more days together. Eventually they came back, only to find that Beacon was mostly cleaned up. They went back to the house and Yang convinced Y/N to stay with her over the summer. A little while later Blake and Wiess came back to see if there was anything to do, so team RWBY was finally reunited. Yang had her fun embarrassing Y/N to the rest of the team.

Oscar had just arrived. He was looking around a dust shop. The voice had told him to look here. He saw a boy with a sword and a handle of something on his belt. The voice told him this the person. 

Oscar: "Excuse me, sir?" The boy turned around. He looked only a few years older than Oscar, somewhere around 16 to 17. He was at the counter like he was waiting for something.

Y/N: "What do you want?"

Oscar: "Someone named Ozpin wants his cane back?" He handed it to Oscar.

Y/N: "I wondered when you would show up."

Ozpin: 'Tell him I'm thankful for his keeping it.'

Oscar: "He says thanks for keeping it safe."

Y/N: "How much has he told you?"

Oscar: "Not much. I still don't know why I'm here."

Y/N: "*Sigh* Ozpin, tell him already." Suddenly Oscar felt the voice tell him everything. He almost fainted from the shock. Y/N pointed him to Beacon where Glynda and Amber where. He got what he needed from the store and went back.

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

And there he is. I knew Ozpin would be back at some point. Glynda would know what to do. It was somewhat of a problem that he came back in a kid, though. We needed a good cover story. That shouldn't be too hard. I headed back to Yang's place since she and her father were supposed to be helping at Beacon right now. 

I was still in shock from her finally confessing, though. I was more worried than ever that she would compromise my focus on what we had to do. But I couldn't deny that I was happier now. That was what scared me. 

Before, I could stare death in the face without any fear because I didn't have anything to look forward to. Now with Yang being so close and getting to know the rest of her team I wasn't so confident. 

I got to her house and walked in. I shut the door and sat on the couch. Zwei was still there and climbed onto me. I never particularly liked him since I was part cat, but I wasn't as afraid of him as Blake was. He sat in my lap and looked up at me. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps above me. I put Zwei down and got up, finding Ruby upstairs.

Ruby: "Oh hey! I was wondering where you were."

Y/N: "I was just running to put in an order of dust. I finally ran out."

Ruby: "Oh. I thought you just decided to go with Yang."

Y/N: "No. I need a break from her."

Ruby: "Is she that tiring?"

Y/N: "For me, yes. She sleeps with me in a death grip." She laughed.

Ruby: "Really? I noticed she doesn't seem to have nightmares anymore. I guess you were actually the right person to help with her problems."

Y/N: "I didn't do anything. She just pounced me and asked me out."

Ruby: "I'm surprised it took you so long. I could tell you liked each other as long as I can remember." I rolled my eyes.

Y/N: "Only because she wouldn't leave me alone."

Ruby: "And you would blush and try to look away."

Y/N: "What's your point?"

Ruby: "My point is that you two are good for each other. She's finally getting back to normal, and you're finally learning that there's more to life then fighting."

Y/N: "I don't think it's a good sign that her improving is going back to how she started and me improving is something I've never done before."

Ruby: "That's not what I meant. You never take anything well."

Y/N: "Whatever." I went back downstairs.

No Pov

Oscar arrived at Beacon and found Amber helping deal lift some debris. Ozpin took over and introduced himself to her again, and she took him to Glynda. After they talked, they decided that for the next year they would have Oscar do what Y/N had done and pretend to be a student. They would also get team RWBY in with them to help maintain his cover and also to have more force at their direct disposal. 

Y/N would be on hand for whatever came up if they needed someone not at the school. They called Y/N and team RWBY to a meeting and got everyone up to speed. They decided to only tell them that their enemies were allied with the Grimm and about the maidens and magic. 

Salem and her nature was kept from team RWBY for their own protection. Even that much as a fairly large shock to them, though. Y/N was reluctant to ask team RWBY for help, but all of them wanted in. Y/N was tasked for now to find Qrow, since he hadn't responded to any communication in a while.

Y/N: "Ok, well then I better get going. Where was his last known location?"

Glynda: "Somewhere in bandit country."

Yang: "I'm coming with you then."

Y/N: "No way. This is too dangerous."

Yang: "Which is exactly why I should go with you."

Glynda: "I don't see any reason why not."

Yang: "It's my uncle who's in danger, remember?"

Y/N: "*Sigh* Ok, fine. Just stay out of my way." Ruby suppressed a chuckle. "What are you laughing at?"

Ruby: "You two argue like a married couple."

Y/N: "We do not!"

Yang: "Who said that was a bad thing?"

Y/N: "Ok, I'm heading out. If you can't keep up with me, I'm leaving you here." He walked away and tried to hide his blush. The rest of the team stayed to discuss what they had just found out.

Timeskip

Yang's Pov

Y/N was getting dust magazines and loading them into his weapons, and putting some snacks and money in a small backpack. I came up behind him and kissed the back of his neck and grabbed his tail.

Y/N: "Nya! Hey!" He pulled away with his face red again.

Yang: "Ready to go?"

Y/N: "Yes." He crossed his arms, trying to pout in a way that wasn't cute. He failed. I kissed him on the cheek. "So how do you plan on getting there? I was just going to teleport around but with you that gets more complicated."

Yang: "Can't you just hold me and do it?" He got redder. Of course that was the reason. "Whatever. We can just use my bike. Then you can hold on to me all day."

Y/N: "Why can't you just try to keep up with me?"

Yang: "Because I like having your arms around me."

Y/N: "Why are you so..."

Yang: "Cute?"

Y/N: "N-no!" He muttered something under his breath. It sounded like 'well, kinda.'

Yang: "Come on Pretty Kitty. Let's get this done."

Y/N: "Stop calling me 'Pretty Kitty'!"

Yang: "If you don't like it, why do you always blush?"

Y/N: "Can we just get this over with?"

Yang: "Come on. Just get on and hold on tight." We got going. I had some idea of who to go to first.

Timeskip

We arrived at a gas station to refuel and try to get some directions. I knew my mom was somewhere around, but not specifically where. Y/N stayed outside to pump the gas while I went in to ask around. 

There weren't many people around but there was a creepy guy who started flirting with me. But he did say he knew where to find mom, so I agreed to follow him there. Y/N decided to just teleport behind us to keep up since there wouldn't be much space on the bike. We went to where the guy said, and he got off and came back with a group of bandits.

Shay: "You kids are even dumber than you look. Maybe you'll at least have some loot." They all laughed.

Y/N: "You want to deal with this yourself or should I help?"

Yang: "Why? Wanna watch?"

Y/N: "No. I'm thinking I take the time to scout around and see if the camp is at least nearby. This guy is probably one of hers, so it might not be far."

Shay: "Exchanging last words? How cute. Alright everyone, let's get this over with." Y/N teleported away to look. "Wow. Looks like your boyfriend abandoned you."

Yang: "No, he just thinks I can handle myself."

Y/N's Pov

I teleported to the tops of the trees and started looking around as fast as possible. I found something that looked vaguely like a camp. I went back to where I left Yang. I found her standing over the bandits.

Y/N: "Come on, I think I found something."

Yang: "Oh good. Maybe I don't have to tell your boss you tried to kill her daughter."

Shay: "Wait, what?" She punched down and knocked him out.

Yang: "So where was it?"

Y/N: "This way." We got on the bike and I pointed her in the direction I saw. We eventually arrived at a large clearing and Yang tried to get them to open the doors. They didn't want to open up, until she said she was their boss's daughter. That got their attention and they opened the door. We walked in with guns pointed at us from every direction.

Raven: "Well Yang, I almost didn't believe you knew me. And who is this?" She looked at me.

Yang: "Hi mom! This is my boyfriend who hates me." She put her arm around my neck with a smile. I pulled away.

Y/N: "I do not hate you." I turned back to Raven. "We just need to talk. Tell us anything you know, and we'll get out of your hair."

Raven: "Wait, are you that boy Ozpin adopted?"

Y/N: "So what if I am?"

Raven: "Does that mean he dragged both of you into his fruitless war?"

Yang: "I don't know much, but he's been the one doing a bunch of stuff directly for Ozpin."

Raven: "Alright then. You. Come with me. Yang can wait outside." She looked at her goons. "Watch her, but if you hurt her you answer to me." I followed her inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.9K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
1.1K 2 27
Ok so your name is Y/N L/N you and your Family got out of a Huge Grimm Outbreak in Y/C You and your Family Your Father Mother and Yourself just got o...
577 21 6
After Y/n's life goes south he is force to abandon all hes known, infiltrating to Beacon Academy to find refuge against his multiple enemies in Remna...
16.2K 329 6
Welcome to Beacon academy! The most prestigious school in all of Vale! Here you will be teaching the future of the world of Remnant along side your f...