Can't Stop Me (Sick!Deku AU)

Por Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya was born an adventerous, cheerful child. He became friends with Katsuki Bakugo when they were... Mais

Quirks
A Promise
Suspension
Middle School
Sludge
Wake Up
Exam
Meeting Ururaka
Lunch Break
Mr Yagi
What's A Dad?
TA
Unforeseen Situation Joint
First Encounter With Villains
So Cold
Steps
Ka-Bear
Talk
Visitation
Shitty Hair
The Sport's Festival
It Wasn't A Win
Meeting Place
Izuku's Thoughts
Uncle Noritaka
Sushi
Shut Up
The Truth
Boyfriends
Perfect Day
Breathe
Plan

Too Familiar

783 27 7
Por Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya

"Kacchan!"

It felt like I had finally wrangled the fog away, clawing my way to consciousness to stop Kacchan from leaving me...but I'm not on the ground anymore. And Kacchan isn't here...how long has it been?

"Welcome back," Mom was in a chair close to the wall. Suddenly I realized where I was, the scent of the hospital was scarily familiar as it invaded my senses and a creeping feeling made its way up my throat. Mom stood up to put the back of her hand to my forehead and I leaned into the touch, "They promised me you'd return to normal but I was still worried."

The heat from mom's hand made me feel safe but it reminded me of how physical Kacchan's love language has been for the past two days, well, the past two days of my consciousness at least. I took a deep breath to prepare myself to address the elephant in the room, "Where's Kacchan? Or...what happened to Kacchan? He's not..."

"No, he's not dead," Mom replied. The feeling in my throat subsided a little bit but in its place, a weird lump-like sensation manifested, "But..." Mom began before pausing. She slid her hand over mine and I knew this wasn't going to be good news, "Katsuki was abducted. In exchange for the antidote for the poison the villain injected into you, he went with the League of Villains. But don't worry, the Hero Commission is putting together a rescue mission right now. I hear All Might is joining the team."

Mom doesn't know about him, All Might. Should I tell her? She looks like she's trying to cheer me up with All Might like she has since I was a child. I tried to smile but it was so much to process. I feel like a string inside of my heart broke in two as I remembered everything in a rush.

I stared at my knees to try and control the burning feeling behind my eyes, everything just sucks. My vision was blurring and I pushed the back of my hands into my sockets to try and push the tears back, "Oh Izu." Mom pulled me into her shoulder and I let her squeeze me without resistance. The air in my lungs isn't enough but it also feels like it's choking me. Like waves and waves of muck that wouldn't let me breathe. I can't get enough air but air burns too. I've felt this way before but I guess it was more literal then.

It's everything, All Might, Kacchan, Shinsou, all of it. It all sucks and hurts so much and every time I take a step forward the world pulls me two steps back. I can't do anything, I'm so useless, I'm a burden, I'm the reason Kacchan got kidnapped. I'm the reason Kacchan isn't here, I'm the reason Kacchan is hurting right now. I miss him so much.

"Some of your friends visited," I could tell mom was trying to distract me. I tried to hum but it turned into another strangled sound. Mom cooed softly and I pulled her closer, in the end, she's all I really have. The only constant in my life. Mom continued to pet my hair, "A kid named Iida left mochi. It's strawberry."

I felt my lips tug a little bit as I remembered how Iida vowed to remember that mochi was my favorite dessert. I want to be friends with Iida but we barely talk, it's hard to maintain so many friendships. I'm not used to it. Nobody's ever wanted to be my friend growing up, nobody except Kacchan of course.

"Do you want me to tell your friends that you're awake?" Mom asked. I nodded knowing that having people around was the best for situations like this. I wanted to stop feeling so alone.

Mom's heat left and I opened my eyes finally. My vision was so hazy I couldn't make out what was happening for a moment but it cleared. She was texting on her phone which was plugged in on the window sill, I guess she's texting Mr. Aizawa so he can tell his students or something. It's not like she has all of my friends' numbers.

As the emotions steadily came down a flow of pain came intensely and I hissed, grabbing my shoulder. I felt bandages and sighed, "Her name was Toga." I said, "The villain who stabbed me. She said her name was Toga."

Mom nodded and I saw her tapping on her screen, probably telling a police officer or something. I'm sure the heroes want all the information they can get. I can't tell mom what I'm most worried about either which sucks. I'm scared, do they know about the quirk? Is that why they kidnapped Kacchan? If I was a villain and I found out somebody could transfer the number one hero's quirk to me I would try to get it.

"Deku?" The soft voice of Uraraka pulled me out of my worries. I looked to the door as she walked in, her face set in a smile. She seemed to skip instead of walk, "You're awake! I brought you this uh plant." She held up a potted succulent and her eyes traveled the room awkwardly, "It doesn't need a lot of attention so I got it for you which...I already said."

"Thanks," I held out my hand and she placed it on my palm. The pot was pink and the succulent itself had a sort of lotus shape, "It'll remind me of you." Uraraka's face got a bit more color but I ignored it, looking down at the plant.

Sometimes I wish I could be the one giving a get-well-soon gift but I always seem to be the recipient. This plant should have a name, if I was a plant I'd want a name. I guess...since it's a gift from Uraraka I'll name them Pancake, because they're sweet, like Uraraka.

"So you know about Bakugou?" Urakaka asked which made me look up from Pancake. I looked for mom but she wasn't in the room anymore, when did she leave?

I moved my head back to Uraraka and nodded shallowly, "Well I was there. When it happened, I mean, I guess I didn't see it but I heard it." I saw her eyes shift down for a moment to what I assumed was my shoulder, "The heroes should save him, right?"

"You know some of my classmates have been talking about launching our own rescue mission for him as a backup," Uraraka responded, "Mostly Iida and Kirishima, looks like Yaomomo might join in too. I wasn't going to but...I want to now."

"What?" I felt panic rise again at the idea of my friends putting themselves in danger, "No-You can't! Kacchan wouldn't want you to and it's dangerous! Also isn't it illegal? Using your quirks in public without a license?" Uraraka shrugged and I pressed further, "Besides what could a bunch of high schoolers do that a team of pros can't?"

"I don't know," Uraraka answered honestly, "But Bakugou feels important to me. He was the first classmate I met, you know? It feels wrong to sit around and do nothing."

Her reasoning makes sense but I know Kacchan would balk at this, "Kacchan would be angry at you guys for even considering this." Even as I tried to talk her down I knew it wasn't working, "You could be expelled."

"We know," Uraraka responded. Her answers have been completely sincere but it's infuriating to hear it, "I wasn't sure you'd agree with this plan, to be honest. But Deku-"

"-Can you stop calling me that?" My eyes darted to the tile on the floor to avoid any emotion she might react with, "Kacchan started calling me that because the last character in my name. It sounds like dekiru. It's special to us so..."

"I see," Uraraka sighed and it was a heavy sigh. Like when you know something is going wrong but you keep messing with it thinking it'll fix itself but you just make it worse. Which, I guess, is appropriate in this situation.

Things grew more tense and awkward until the bed shifted, I looked to see a bag. It said 'get well soon' on it with a heart, "I'll see you later then, Midoriya." It almost hurt, using my name, but I waited until the door shut before looking up again.

I took a deep breath and then retrieved the bag she'd placed on my bed. Inside she had placed white chocolates and sugar cookies, it almost looked like a White Day gift bag. The heart on the outside of the bag also lead me in that direction but Valentines hasn't even happened yet so it can't be a White Day gift. This is so confusing.

"Somebody beat me here then?" Shinsou! My head snapped up instantly to see my purple-haired friend, behind him was Kirishima and Iida too! This might be what I need, I mean, I know what Iida and Kirishima are planning but I can ignore it, for now, right?

A flick to my forehead made me jump, "You there, bud?" Kirishima asked with a quirked eyebrow, "Awake?"

"He just woke up from a poisoning!" Iida shouted, "Of course he might be unable to focus!" His hands were chopping through the air in a wonderfully familiar way. I might be able to ignore unpleasantness if I just focus on what's still the same. Maybe.

"Oh right," Kirishima ruffled his hair as he backed away and that's when I noticed it was down. For some reason, I just assumed sticking straight up was his hair's natural pose, "Had a lot of visitors?" He gestured to the gifts on the bed and side table.

"Just Uraraka," I said while putting the bag and succulent on the table with the mochi, "Iida sent that I think."

Iida grinned and placed his hands on his hips, "Indeed I did! I said I would remember you liked mochi best and I did! As a true friend should!"

"That's super manly!" Kirishima shouted. He slapped Iida on the back which caused Iida to gasp, "You're a GOAT, class rep!"

"Anyway," Somehow Shinsou had silently and stealthily sat on the chair next to the bed without me noticing, "I got this for you, Green Bean." He produced a scarf from a bag and handed it over.

"Thanks, Shi-" I stopped. The scarf is blue, gold, and red. It's All Might themed. Why does it feel like he's following me everywhere I go? Can he just leave me alone?

"You don't like it?" Shinsou sounded dejected and I shook my head quickly and put it on, "I uh got it from this shop...y'know..."

"I like it, really," I always forget how self-conscious Shinsou is because he's so cool, "I was surprised! An All Might scarf! Thanks so much! I'll wear it every day! Where did you get it? it's so cool!"

"Oh," He brightened up a little and inwardly I sighed in relief, "I actually made it. Recovery Girl is friends with Eraserhead and she helped me a lot, she knits all the time. I knew I had a lot of time since it was you in the hospital after all."

"Hey!" I punched Shinsou's shoulder as lightly as I could, "I could recover fast. Probably. Eventually. One day." Shinsou chuckled and I ran my fingers over the garment again. Guess I made him self-conscious about it when I reacted so negatively, I should have been more careful. He almost gave the credit to some random store, "Well it's very well made."

"Thanks," Shinsou seemed happy with himself and I wrapped the scarf around my neck. It was warm and well made, if it wasn't All Might themed it might have become one of my favorites.

"Shinsou is so manly," Kirishima gushed. He sat a blue bag on my legs and grinned, "I was going to give you my super epic get-well present before he stole the show though!"

Shinsou huffed and I forced a small laugh, opening the gift gingerly. I pulled out a pair of binoculars and looked back up at him in confusion, "It's for when you go camping!" Kirishima explained, "BakuBro before he, well, you know. Before he got taken he texted me about a camping trip he was planning for you guys, so I got them for you!"

"Oh," I looked at the binoculars with a tinge of sadness. I knew Kacchan was planning to take me camping to honor his uncle but was he really so excited? He texted Kirishima about it and before we could do it he gets taken.

"Midoriya?" Iida's voice interrupted my melancholy thoughts but it was too late to stop a single tear from escaping over my lashed, "Oh Midoriya."

Iida's weight caused the bed to dip and he pulled me into an awkward side hug, it wasn't unpleasant though. Iida has a strong build and it makes leaning against him feel safer somehow, "I just miss him." I managed to say.

"Of course you do," Iida said quietly, "And you need to miss him and stop pretending you're happy." I could feel the air in the room grow awkward but I decided to listen to Iida anyway.

I turned into him to the best that I could with my shoulder and let my head rest near his collarbone. There are no tears, but Iida rubbed my back anyway. How can one person be so kind?

"And when you're all done, you'll feel better," Iida mumbled and I think I believe him.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

63.4K 1.3K 22
Izuku Midoriya is a girl with a powerful power. Well, she was still traumatized by her past that left scars. Three years avoiding social life, she fi...
1.8K 63 16
I WILL NOT BE UPDATING THIS STORY Bakugou Katsuki was never one to show weakness. At least that's what everyone else thought. As for his mother the...
102K 3.8K 39
This Is a BakuDeku fanfic. Izuku's dream of being a hero changes after he got diagnosed to be quirkless. That dream had become a distant a fantasy...
455K 10.8K 49
Izuku hated his life. He hates school to how distant his mother is from him. Ever since that day, a year after getting told he was quirkless, it's be...