mentally in love ☼ troyler au

By phntasia

Why am I still in this cruel world if I can't love who I want to love? ☼ © awkwardciifford 2015 TRIGGER WARNI... More

-
prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
epilogue.
IT'S FINALLY OVER

X

466 39 8
By phntasia

Tyler

21.03.15

3:24 a.m.

I woke up in a dark place. I then look up and look around. I walk straight forward, until I bump into a door handle. I fall onto the ground, and tried to pick myself up again. But I couldn't. My hands were cuffed and I couldn't do anything.

"HELP! SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I scream. No use. Then, the door opens and I try to make a run for it, until someone shoves me towards the ground. A flashlight shines in my eyes. It was Dr. Winston.

"So you finally awoken. It has been a few weeks since you have been injected with a medication that makes you sleep. I didn't know it would last that long."

"Why the fuck am I in here? Why am I cuffed? Why was I sedated? And also, why am I wearing a black jumpsuit like the one Troye wore?"

"Calm down with your questions. You have reached Strike 3, which made me have a guard sedate you for a few days. It turned out to be a few weeks."

"Why? What's strike 3?"

"It's where a doctor or nurse or therapist, or sometimes a patient, but most of the time it's a worker, reached their third strike. Their strike when they did something bad. And you did something bad. For love. It's disgusting. So now, I have called your family and told them that I have diagnosed you with paranoia."

"But I don't have—" He interrupts me with a slap across the face. I gasp.

"Silence! Now, where was I... Oh yeah. I diagnosed you with paranoia and they seemed to believe it. They were sad, though. I said that you had really bad paranoia, so you can't be visited frequently due to your dangerous disorder. I know that you know that you don't have paranoia. But your family thinks you do. So, if you try to escape, I will have posters and news reports about you gone missing and that you're going to murder people."

I was shocked at his reply. Then, he leaves the cell, slamming the door shut. I then sit in the middle of the room and put my head against the concrete ground. I start to cry.

I didn't want to be here. I wasn't supposed to.

12:37 p.m.

I was in a cafeteria. It was lunch time. I was being watched by three other nurses. I felt stares on me. It was uncomfortable. I hear someone say, "Wasn't that Dr. Oakley?" But most of them are talking about how I was from Ward X.

I heard the cafeteria door open. I didn't bother to look up. If I knew Troye would be in here, I would look up. But I didn't want to.

The seat next to me was taken. Well, not the seat next to me. The seat next to the seat next to me. A boy was sitting there. He was from Ward X.

Someone whispers, "Two boys from Ward X... They might kill us all!" It was a loud whisper, though. I then hear a scream coming from the person who said those words. I then look up and see a nurse sedate him. He falls limp onto the ground and a large man picks him up to put him into his cell.

I start to cry again. I thought the people in this asylum would be nice. Or that they forgot about life so they would be happy. But I guess they aren't. They're just like normal people. Just normal people with mental illnesses.

Then, I started to think about Troye. What would he say if he saw me like this? Has he been thinking about me? Where I have gone? Does he think I quit? I got fired? I died?

What really worries me is that I can't see him anymore. I can't see his beautiful face, or him, when he sings. I don't get to hear him sing. I don't get to talk to him. Which really sucks. I don't get to hear him. Anymore. He's basically stripped away from my life.

"No, no no..." I say softly so that no one can hear. I didn't want him to go. Not now. I just met him a few months ago. I didn't want him to be gone forever.

 "Hey, are you alright?" I hear a familiar Australian voice say. Was that Troye? Did I want to know? I didn't want to face him, though. I wanted to say hi and hug him, but then a nurse might sedate me. I didn't want him to see me like this.

I felt his hands try to pull me up so I can face him, but I resist it. He gives up a while after and then sits back on the seat next to me.  "Please look at me. I'm crying too because I'm scared and lonely and afraid. And that I miss someone." I don't respond. Who was that someone? His mom? Dad? Siblings? Pet? "His name's Tyler. And I love him. But he disappeared." I stop crying.

Tyler... Was this actually Troye? I felt him scoot closer. I glanced down and saw the black jumpsuit he was wearing. It was Troye. I started to smile a little, but it then faded away. I take one hand to wipe away the tear stains staining my cheek. "Y-You love him, do you?" I question shakily.

"I really did. If I was lying, I wouldn't be crying. I just want to hug him and kiss him and just smile with him." I then hesitate and hug him. I still had my head down.

"I love you too, Troye," I whisper so only I can hear him I then break the hug and look at him with a crooked smile. I hear him gasp and move away from me as far away as possible. 

"Tyler?" I nod. He then scoots closer to me and looks at my face, studying it. He was still shocked. His jaw was still dropped. I knew people were looking at us. I then felt Troye's hands on my head so my head wouldn't move out of spot.

I heard footsteps walking towards us. It was a nurse, I knew. I glanced over to her and saw her with a needle. I then pull away from his hands and I see him glance over at the nurse. "S-Sorry, Nurse Abigail. I just wanted to see if it was... Never mind." She rolls her eyes and walks away.

"I-Is it really you? A-Are you really here?" And I nod. He hugs me again. I look over to Nurse Abigail and she smiles at us hugging. I then look back at Troye and hug him, too. Tighter. "W-Why are you here? Wha—He did not... Did he diagnose you with something like bipolar or paranoia or something?"

"Paranoia. I'm not sure why... He said it was because I reached my third strike."

"Oh my God, Tyler. Why? You did nothing wrong... But... Wait... Did you make Dr. Winston mad or something?"

I didn't want to tell him it was because I fell in love with him. I knew he loved me, but I didn't want to tell him. He might be lying when he said he loved me. I knew he didn't truly tell me he did. I knew he knew it was me when he said he loved me. 

Or did he not?

"I didn't make him mad... Well I did... But there was another part that made him much angrier than talking about his dad."

"What is it, then?"

"It's that—" 

"Okay, time to go back to your ward!" Nurse Abigail yells. I see nurses walking towards their patient that they have to take back and grab them by the arm and yank them away from their friends. I see Nurse Jamison take away Troye. And Troye just shoved her away and walked much faster than her. She looked at me and looked away, catching up to Troye.

Then, my nurse came. Her name was Alyssa. She was okay. She wasn't like Nurse Jamison, though. Troye was lucky to have her. Nurse Jamison is the nicest nurse in this whole asylum.

She then grabs my arm and pulls me towards the elevator. She starts to run, making sure she catches the elevator before it closed. She made it in time and I saw Troye in it. He looks at me and smiles. I do the same.

Then, without thinking, I hug him. I hug him tight so that they can't break us apart. I start to feel tears coming out of my face again. And then I feel Troye's tear on my shoulder. I glance over at Nurse Jamison, who was smiling. Nurse Alyssa was shocked. I then closed my eyes and smiled.

"Do you have any needles on you?" I hear Nurse Alyssa say.

"Yes, but I'm not giving them to you," Nurse Jamison says back.

"Why not?"

"You seriously want to break apart their love for each other? You can tell they are in love with each other. And I don't want to break them up."

"It's in the rules—"

"Fuck the rules, Alyssa! Look at them. They're smiling. They're both happy. Troye is happy. And he has depression. This matters to me. Seeing him smile. That's all what matters to me. Seeing Troye happy. And if you want him broken up, away from his happiness, then fine. You're just making work harder on you."

I then look back at Nurse Alyssa, seeing her shocked. She was dumbfounded. Then, the elevator dings. We were finally at the floor of Ward X. It was down in the basement instead of the fifth floor. Which was weird since we had it on the fifth floor of this building. Are they moving the people of Ward X here? On the fifth floor down at the basement? B5? I then see Nurse Alyssa take my arm and try to pull me away from Troye, but I resist.

"I love you, Troye," I say before letting go. I then was pulled away from Troye. I saw him smile and look at me. I see him mouth, "I love you too, Tilly." I smile at him.

so they got moved to the basement, found each other, and fell in love

great chapter

Chapter X Question:

Who do you hate the most in this story other than Dr. Winston?

follow my sociAl media website links down below

insta: @awkwardclifford, @wallflowercamille, and @phntasia

twitter: @tbhalpacas

tumblr: @tbhmikeyy

youtube: camille handa

stay strong and ilyasfm xx

—camille

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 956 22
Why do the bad things in life always happen to me? ➳ © 2015 awkwardciifford second book in hold me trilogy TRIGGER WARNING ! contains self harm
2.8K 4 33
"I put my phone on the bathroom counter. I look at myself in the mirror. All I see are dull blue eyes that lost their shine. I see a permanent frown...
18.3K 258 12
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT !! REFER TO THE TRIGGER WARNINGS AT THE TOP OF EACH CHAPTER !! Welcome to just another MCYT angst one-shot book! I hope you'...
204K 6.4K 43
What if you fall in love with one of your best friends and don't even accept that you're gay? This is what happens to Connor Franta. He always knew...