Shh... He's My Husband (Compl...

By nadiamalik786

Today I start a new journey of my life. College!!! I was as thrilled as any fresher could be, however, my exc... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
EPILOGUE part 1
EPILOGUE part 2

sixteen

8.8K 456 98
By nadiamalik786

It's a double update.
Hope it can move your heart 💜
___________________

Imraan's POV,
The very next day, she came to my house. It was a Sunday and she had a big bag in her hand. Ammi was really happy to see her as usual.

"Assalamualaikum Aunty!" She grinned from ear to ear.

"Walaikum assalam, my dear Meher is here! Ohhh, how I missed you." Ammi hugged her and I remember the way, Meher hugged me the day before, making my heart prick.

You're a really good friend to me Imraan.

"Aunty, did you start preparing for lunch?" She inquired.

Ammi sighed.
"No na beta. I was busy with an urgent order so I was just heading to the kitchen to make some khichdi."

"Khichdi on Sunday? No no aunty. That's why I brought all this. Today I'll show you a really easy dish to make on Sundays, like today. It's really yummy too and one of my favourites." She chuckled.

"You went through all the trouble to bring all the ingredients? Meher, you could've told us to arrange it for you no. Why did you have to go through soo much trouble?"

She shrugged.
"Imraan treated me yesterday so today It's my treat."

"Oh....so you two went on a date?" Ammi cooed and my jaw dropped.

"Ammi!!!"

But Meher just giggled.
"You can say that."

What? Does she even know what a date is?!

"Ok, I'm going to stand here and watch you two so that you two don't blow up the kitchen." I said crossing my arms, leaning on the wall near the door.

"Watching us or...only Meher." Ammi whispered in my ear embarassing me.

"Ammi!" I grunted but she just laughed.
"So, what are we making sweety?"

"It's called Chicken Ala King. And I've already brought the cooked chicken and the veggies ready to add in the sauce."

I watched as both thd ladies were chatting away and laughing while cooking.

I would really like Meher to be my daughter in law.

They'll make a good mother and daughter in law duo though.

I slapped myself at that thought and both the woman looked at me like I was an alien.

"What's wrong Imraan?" Meher questioned.

"Uh... um.... mosquito!" I said quickly.

After about 20 minutes, they were already done. It smelled really good though.

"Oh, it's really simple, but you need to do a lot of preparation before hand huh?" Ammi said.

"Yes, a little. But it's worth it. Try it aunty... Imraan, come and taste it na."

I walked to her reaching for a spoon but she was holding a spoonful of the gravy right in front of my mouth.

"Here ...." She blew on it too. Oh God! Mumma was literally teasing me from behind Meher.
"My hand's hurting Imraan. Hurry! It's not even that hot."

Yeah, but I was sweating with nervousness and my heart was pounding. Still I managed to swoop my head down and opened my mouth to eat while my eyes dropped down on her lips.

"How is it?" She looked curiously in my eyes.

"Delicious as always." I said and this huge smile came on her lips but with that melancholic look in her eyes that confused me like before.

"You'll stay with us for lunch right Meher? You made it afterall." Ammi said. "Imraan's father wanted to meet you too."

"Um...ok. Where is uncle?"

"He's at the shop. I'll call him." I said.

"Let's set the table."

I came back with Abbu and both the woman were setting the table. Seeing Meher wearing her dupatta on her head while helping Ammi, she really did look like a new bride.

Abbu patted my shoulder bringing me out of my thoughts.
Damn! What was I even thinking! She just takes me as her friend.

"You have a good choice. MashaAllah, she's beautiful and a very sweet girl." He nudged me and I just shook my head in response.

"Uh.... Assalamualaikum uncle." She said meekly.

"Walaikum assalam Meher Beta. How are you?"

"I'm good....and you?"

"Alhamdulillah. I've heard a lot about you from Imraan. He talks about you all the time." Abbu said busting me.

"Abbu!" I grunted.

"Oh. I hope he says good things. There's not much good about me to remember." She gave a slight smile looking lost for a second.
"Let's eat. It's getting cold."

"Oh, smells soo nice. What is this?" Abbu said rubbing his hands as we took our seats.

"It's called Chicken Ala King. Meher made it." Ammi said proudly patting her shoulder as she smiled.

"Oh.... it's delicious!"

We were all laughing and chatting while enjoying the delicious meal and Ammi and Abbu were embarassing me while telling her all my childhood stories. Uff! Parents I tell ya!

"I sometimes wish you were my real mother."

Everyone of us went silent as Meher said that but then she chuckled.
"What I meant was, I wish everyone had a mother like you Aunty. Imraan is soo lucky. I envy him sometimes."

"Well, I think you have a wonderful mother too Meher, as she raised such a wonderful and sweet daughter." Ammi said patting her chin.

"I'm not sweet aunty.... I'm just ..." She looked lost again.

"Meher..." I called her and she looked at me with such sad eyes, that it made my heart clench.

"Hahaha ....never mind me."

After lunch, she again helped with the dishes and all.

"Should we order some dessert?" Abbu suggested and Ammi and I agreed.

"I should leave now. Mumma is calling me home." Meher suddenly announced.

"Oh, that's too bad. It's ok, we can always have a desert party next time."

Meher again smiled that sad smile.
"Next time huh....um...aunty, can I hug you?" She said sheepishly.

Ammi too noticed her sad gaze I guess because she looked at her concerned.
"Of course dear. Come." She took her in her arms as Meher hugged her tightly hiding herself on her shoulder. Ammi carased her back and hair lovingly while she looked at me confused but I shrugged equally oblivious.
"Meher, is everything really ok beta? I told you, didn't I? If there's anything you want to talk about, your Shazia aunty is right here for you."

"Nothing is right aunty... but it will be soon." She got back grinning.
"I'm glad I met you all."

"We are too!" Ammi pulled her cheek.
"And whatever it is, I'll pray for you that everything turns out alright."

Meher nodded and turned to leave.
"Allah hafiz Aunty, Uncle."

Abbu patted her head and I went to drop her to the taxi. We were going down the first floor when I halted and grabbed her left arm to stop her. I really couldn't stop thinking about her sad eyes since that day. But, to my surprise she pulled back her arm wincing a bit with a horrified expression on her face.

"Don't!" She yelped.

"S...sorry."

Then she looked away as if she made a mistake and then smiled.
"I... I mean. You shouldn't hold a girl's arm when no one's around, you know. Bad manners." She joked.

"My bad...but are you really ok Meher? You've been acting soo out of place.... I was worried." I said genuinely.

"Worried... about me?"

I nodded.

Then she did the most unexpected thing. She climbed up two stairs making me look back at her and she was around my height and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.
"You're a really good guy Imraan. I really admire you. Always be yourself ok. May Allah bless you with all the happiness in the world that you deserve."

I was too shocked to even breath. Meher just....kissed me. MEHER!!!

However, her words sounded.... painful and I had this uneasy feeling in my chest. She was hoping down the stairs and my heart kept clenching in my chest with her every step away from me.

"Meher!"

She paused.

"Why are you talking like we'll never see eachother again?" It was a scary thought.

She turned half to me and shrugged smiling.
"Gotta run now. Before heading home I have a parlor appointment. Bye bye!" She waved looking away from me and ran out immediately finding a taxi, but before I could catch up to her, she was already gone.

####
Zoya's POV,
I came early to college today to return a book with my friends and we were headed to the class when I heard Meher's voice calling me. I first thought my ears were ringing because, she wasn't someone to attract attention by screaming a person's name in public. She would rather creepily follow the person and then pat thier arm or something scaring the shit out of them. I've been that victim many times though.

"Hey Zoya, Isn't that your friend?" Veena said looking back and when I followed her gaze, it was actually Meher running towards me screaming my name with a goofy grin on her face while a lot of students were snickering around. It was soo embarrassing!
And then, the height of embarrassment. She literally threw herself on me hugging me and I faltered back almost losing my balance.

"Hey hey hey.... Meher. You idiot!" I whispered looking around embarrassed.

"Zoyu....my Zoyuuu..... I missed you sooooo much!" She was crushing me.

"Ok ok now get off. Everyone's watching." Even my friends were snickering. Uff, this girl! What's wrong with this socially awkward girl being all bold today!
I peeled her off of me but before that I noticed something different about her making my eyes widen.

"Meher....YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?!"

She giggled.
"Why are you soo surprised? It's just hair."

"Not for you! Meher, you once said that you'd rather cut your neck but not your 3 foot long hair. That's how much you loved it! Then...how...." I was lost for words as I held her pony in my hand that ended hardly just an inch below her shoulders.

"Hehe....just following the trend." She shrugged like it was no big deal.
"Doesn't it look good?"

"Um.... I don't know what to say. I'm in shock right now. Like... seriously?!"

She smiled and hugged me again and I felt a bit nostalgic.
"Thankyou for being my friend Zoya. You became more than a friend, my sister and I love you, you know."

For some reason I felt tears at the back of my eyes as I hugged her back. I loved her too. She was my childhood friend....wait was? No, she is my best friend.

"I lo..."

She got back abruptly before I could say it. Then she looked at both of my friends giggling.
"She's a really nice girl so do take good care of her and always be her friends, ok? Good luck with your studies and future. I hope you all become CAs and earn big cash."

"Yeah thanks. You too....We're getting late for class..." Veena grabbed me by my shoulders and was dragging me past Meher.
"Let's go Zoya. I need to borrow yesterday's notes too. Come on."

My feet were moving ahead but I turned back looking at Meher waving at us smiling.
"What a weirdo she is!" My friends were snickering.
That's when I realised, how much the distance between us had grown.

####
Azlaan's POV,
Today, it was my chance for supervision of the building after college. So, after the lectures I was walking around the campus checking the classes and all when I came across an empty classroom. The door was open so I was about to lock it when I noticed a petit figure sitting at the farthest corner while gazing outside the window. Her hair was flying over her face and she was holding her arms up in front of her as her elbows rested on the desk. I couldn't help but stop and stare.
There was seriously something wrong with me that I couldn't even move watching her. She seemed familiar yet strange and she had something small and shiny, actually light reflecting between her fingers. Her wrist was soo delicate as she pulled down her sleeve uncovering her thin arm and my heart was pounding for some reason as I was eager to see her face. I almost took a step inside when that girl turned her head. Drops of tears shinning in the sunlight falling down her eyes and my eyes widened as I realised.... it was Meher!

What the Fuck?! She had a blade in her hand and she literally just sliced it through her arm without even blinking.

I was about to storm in when someone grabbed my arm. I looked back annoyed for being interrupted, but it was Kashish hugging my arm to her breast.

"Hey handsome! I've been waiting for my favourite candy all day. Come on now!" She moaned dragging me with her.

"Yeah ok....but just hold on...." She paid no heed.

I looked back at her direction noticing a trickle of blood falling her arm and it fucking annoyed me.

That bitch is gonna have it today!

____________________

Keep scrolling 👇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.2K 13
It all started when she first saw him on her way to college as a teenager. Although she didn't know about his past, she fell for him deeply. He also...
41.3K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
18.3K 428 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
6.2M 410K 69
That 'yes' could mean my death, torture, hate, disrespect, rape or anything more heartless and brutal. But, keeping my head high I said 'I am ready...