Reincarnated As Conny (HIATUS)

By VitoDeCeniza

Fanfiction: The Promised Neverland Cover not mine ©tto •••• Guess what? You reincarnated as Conny in Anime w... More

Reincarnated As Conny
Prologue
Chapter 1: Happy Family
Chapter 2: Playing Tag
Chapter 3: I Am The Winner?
Chapter 4: 2 a.m. Nightmare
Chapter 5: I Can't Help You
Chapter 6: Provocation
Chapter 7: I Want A Prince
Chapter 8: Notebook
Chapter 9: Adoption
Chapter 10: It's Not Me
Chapter 11: Knight to c3
Chapter 12: Consequence
Chapter 13: Know The Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Magic Trick
Chapter 16: The Owl
Chapter 18: Delayed
Chapter 19: The Plan
Chapter 20: Be a Mom
Chapter 21: Full Score
Chapter 22: Let's Escape!
Chapter 23: Isabella's Lullaby
Chapter 24: Within the Gate
Chapter 25: The Beginning
Extra 1: Ray's Dream
Extra 2: Twisted Mother
Reincarnated As Conny (Season 2)
Chapter 26: Cruel Path
Chapter 27: Trainee Eniza
Chapter 28: Embroidery
Chapter 29: Clashing Tigers
Chapter 30: My Name Is Lerin
Chapter 31: He Will Commit Theft
Chapter 32: A Note
Chapter 33: Transmitter
Chapter 34: An Event
Chapter 35: The Assistant
Chapter 36: The Mistress
Chapter 37: Hunting Opportunity
Chapter 38: His Master
Chapter 39: Beyond Lies
Chapter 40: Goldy Pond
Extra 3: Little Phil
Chapter 41: Promised Pen
Chapter 42: Surround Her!
Chapter 43: I am 48294
Chapter 44: A Pen Holder
Chapter 45: Norman's Decision
Chapter 46: Safety Measures--
Extra 4: Forgotten Lullaby
Chapter 47: Minerva's Door
Chapter 48: Mr. Smee
Chapter 49: BOINK!
Chapter 50: 73584
Chapter 51: Your Choice
Chapter 52: The Ritual
Chapter 53: Seven Walls

Chapter 17: Sick Norman

15.2K 974 118
By VitoDeCeniza

It's been days since the scene in the library happened. Ray and I acted as if nothing happened to the library. My interactions with mom were still as usual. However, I noticed that she'd been watching me more often.

Other children may not notice it, but I know that she's observing my actions.

Norman's adoption is approaching. One week to be precise. I wonder if I'll be able to carry out the plan.

"Check," I uttered unconsciously while placing my queen to g2, attacking Norman's king. The white-haired boy let out a smile as he defended his king with his pawn. I glanced at the board one more time. 

1 bishop, 2 rooks, 4 pawns, 1 queen, and the black king. My eyes went to the pawn beside the black king. I eliminated it by moving the black rook. "That's a good move, Conny," Don who was sitting beside me uttered.

Norman moved his bishop to eliminate my other rook and attacking my black king. "Check," He uttered quietly. 

Don glared at Norman which made me giggle. 

Damn, it's only been 5 minutes since we played the game. I don't think I have a chance to win with this boy. "Can I surrender?" I asked.

Norman smiled at me but in the end, he calmly shook his head. "No," He uttered. I frowned when I almost didn't hear his voice. It's too soft and almost sounded weak.

I moved my black king backward. "Why? Norman will win the game anyway..."

I can't even last 10 minutes when playing with Ray. How can I even win a game with this boy?

"I want to play with-- *cough cough*," My eyes glanced at Norman when he coughed gently. I tilted my head.  "Excuse me," he said while covering his mouth. When he recovered, his hands moved the white bishop to eliminate my pawn.

"Norman, are you okay?" A child asked while tugging Norman's clothes. There was a worried expression on her face. "Why do you look weak?" Sherry asked Norman. "Is Norman sick?" She asked again.

My mouth parted as I glanced at Norman. When Norman saw that I would stop the game, he immediately refused "Conny, wait--" I immediately gathered at the chess pieces on the board. "We're not yet finished..."

I immediately shook my head. "Let's continue it next time," I said. I worriedly glanced at him before glancing at Don. "Don, take a look at Norman," I said softly while tugging his clothes. 

Don wrinkled his brows before rising from his seat. He went in front of Norman before placing his hands to place it on his forehead. Don glanced at me. "Norman..."He paused for a while. "He has a low fever. Let's call mom."

Low fever?

When Sherry heard the word fever, she immediately went away, Phil who was also watching my game with Norman followed Sherry. 

I am sure that they are going to tell it to mom.

"Norman are you okay?" I asked him.

The white-haired boy glanced at me with a smile on his face. "Don't worry-- *cough* I'm okay *cough*," He said with a cough. He placed his hands on his forehead while taking a deep breath. "The fever is not high," He said.

"Don..." I glanced at Don with panic.

"I will get water," He immediately said. Don went to the kitchen while I was left here with here Norman. 

When Don went away, I patted Norman's back. I placed my hands on his forehead to check his body temperature. I took a deep breath when I noticed that his temperature is not that high. "Is Norman uncomfortable?" I asked.

"I am alright," Norman closed his eyes before smiling at me. "Our game is interrupted again."

•••••

"Normaaan! Why did you hide it again?!" Emma asked Norman who resting in his bed. She is placing her hands in her waist. "You shouldn't hide things like this, what if your fever became worse?" She asked with a frown.

"I'm okay, I already drink the medicine," Norman replied with a smile.

"But still, even if it's a low fever, you shouldn't hide it like that," Emma told him. There was a worry on her face. "You're making me worried," she said.

"I'm sorry," He replied.

"It's okay, but you should get rid of your fever sooner! Your adoption is coming..." Emma uttered. Her eyes went to the ground. "If you're sick, then you won't be able to meet your future parents sooner," Emma told him.

My thoughts became deeper when I heard the word 'adoption'. Up until now, I don't know if my plan will really work. I'm still nervous because I know that our situation is not a joke.

My eyes went to Ray who was standing at the door. When he noticed my eyes at him, he glanced at me. I saw there was a complicated expression on his face but it immediately vanished when he hardened his face. 

We stared at each other for a while before he averted his gaze. 

Ray placed his hands in his pocket. I raised my brows when I saw him walking away from this room. I glanced at Norman who was looking in my direction. Norman slightly nodded his head before looking back at Emma.

I smiled at him before secretly following Ray.

Tsk, this bastard has been avoiding me since the library scene happened. I don't know what's happening with him but he doesn't interact with me in the past few days. I think this is something connected with Mom.

When I caught up with I immediately tugged his clothes. "Ray..." I uttered. When he heard his name from me, Ray stopped. My eyes went to his back up to his raven black hair.

"What?" He asked with a bored tone. Ray didn't bother to turn around. "What do you need?"

What do you mean what? You are avoiding me, idiot.

I gritted my teeth when he said that. I tightened my grip on his clothes, making him unable to walk away. I wanted to smack him in his head right now! Too bad, I am not tall enough to do that. 

"Want to read me stories?" I tried to ask him calmly. 

He paused for a while when he heard it from me. However, what he told me next made me really angry. "I don't want to," he said, his eyes went in my direction. "We both know that you can read by yourself."

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked him seriously. "What do you want to tell me at the library? Why are you avoiding me now? Are you really going to avoid me until Norman's adoption?" I let off his clothes went in front of him.

I noticed him frowned when he saw me blocking his way. 

I have an idea about the thing that he wanted to tell me.

But I wanted him to tell it personally to me, right in front of my face.

However, I was dumbfounded when he pushed me slightly away and continued to walk away. He only stayed silent, he doesn't want to tell me anything. "This rascal" I uttered. "Fine, if you don't want to tell it to me..."

"...Then I will wait for you to tell me," I said softly. "I can accept it no matter what it is, you know..."

Ray stopped walking away from me. He turned his head around as he stared at me for a while. "Wait if you can wait," he said then a smirk appeared on his face. He immediately wiped it off before he continued to walk away.

"Ray is Ray," I uttered when he disappeared from my sight. My eyes immediately fell to my feet. I glanced at my hands when I noticed that I don't have my bunny in my arms. "I left my bunny," I uttered softly. 

"Are you looking for this, Conny?" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned my head around. 

"Emma?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.5K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
279K 8.5K 78
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
109K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
234K 22.4K 56
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...