A Rejected Princess (Complete...

By Mys_AJ

"I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate and Luna." He didn't blink. He didn't show a spark of remorse. He... More

A Rejected Princess
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Author's Note
Epilogue
Sequel
Spin-off

Chapter Twenty-Three

332K 10.6K 1.7K
By Mys_AJ

Genevieve

"What are you talking about?" I questioned the doctor.

The doctor took a step away from the cage. "You're wolf, she isn't there."

"How isn't her wolf there? Wolves don't just disappear," Jacobs stated.

"They don't disappear, but they can die," the doctor informed us.

Ingrid died. I didn't feel anything. I should have felt if she died. But I didn't even feel her before she died. I don't even know when she died. My eyes widened. "She died?!" I shouted. "How did she die?!"

"Your mate," Jacobs said. "You survived, but naturally, wolves have a stronger connection with their mates. She died because the connection was stronger to her," he explained.

"Every time that your mate hurt you, it was worst for your wolf. She died, but somehow, you survived," the doctor added.

Asher killed my wolf. My mate killed a part of me. Half of me is missing. He completely changed me. I don't have a wolf. "So I'm not a werewolf anymore?" I questioned.

The doctor shook his head. "Without a wolf, you can't shift. You don't have extra strength or enhanced senses. You're human."

I let go of the cell bars and sat crisscross on the bed. How could Ingrid die, but I didn't feel anything?

"Will her emotions come back?" Hefner asked the doctor.

"I have no idea. I never heard of a wolf dying while the host's emotions were off," the doctor stated.

"Do you feel anything?" Jacobs asked me.

I shrugged. "I really fucking hate my mate. Does that count?" I said coldly.

The doctor sighed. "Hatred and anger are the two feelings that weres feel after they turn off their emotions. They turn sadistic. They live off of negativity because that's all they feel."

Jacobs thanked the doctor, then told Hefner and the doctor to leave. We sat- well, I sat, he stood- in silence. I played with my fingers for almost an hour before he spoke.

"My men said that Alpha Hayes is coming to get you," Jacobs informed me. I nodded in response. "Reed and his pack are going with him."

My head snapped up and I looked at Jacobs. "Reed? As in Asher? My mate?" I questioned.

"They should actually be here soon," he stated.

"What's today?"

"Its Sunday," Jacobs told me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so calm? Shouldn't you be like preparing or something?" I mused.

Jacobs shook his head. "Ryan isn't gonna kill me," he stated confidently.

I scoffed. "I'm pretty sure the first thing he'll do is kill you."

Jacobs chuckled. "He can't kill me."

"Are you immortal?" I questioned.

"Nope. I'm just the only person who knows where his mate is."

"You took Jordyn?" I said slowly.

Jacobs nodded. "I didn't take the baby though. I'm not that cruel."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're cruel enough to tie up a six-year old and take someone's mate."

"I didn't hurt your little brother. And your mate was busy when I took you. Jordyn's mate was busy when I took her. These Alphas really need to keep a better eye on their mates," Jacobs stated.

I nodded in agreement. "So are you just gonna let them capture you?" I questioned.

He shrugged. "I plan on killing at least one person."

"Who?" I asked.

"I don't know. Just whoever's there," Jacobs said. "It won't be Asher or Ryan though."

"You're just gonna kill a random person?"

He nodded. "I don't want it all bloody though. Maybe I'll snap someone's neck. Or pull off their head."

"I'm pretty sure that if you pull off someone's head, there will be a lot of blood," I stated.

"But its a fast kill. I just have to make sure I don't get it on my shir-"

"Eve!" a voice shouted from outside the room.

Jacobs grinned. "Your heroes have arrived."

*****

Asher

We took about twenty cars to Jacobs' house. Some of us ran. We got his house around 8 p.m. Its Sunday, I don't know why there was so much traffic. Anyway, we scattered the cars around the neighborhood and met in front of his house. Everyone was in human form, so we wouldn't scare any mundanes.

"Asher, Scott, Jace, and Owen are going with me to find Eve," Ryan announced. "Kill anyone who tries to fight. Mind-link one of us if something goes wrong. There are medics close by, if anyone gets injured, bring them outside."

The warriors nodded and we ran through the front door. Shawn started shouting Eve's name.

"Come on, lets check the basement," Scott said. Jace, Owen, and Ryan split up to look around.

I rushed past fights and dead bodies. I found the door to the basement and went down the stairs. There were cells, but all of them were empty. I sniffed the air.

"She wasn't in here," I told Scott. We went back upstairs, and a were charged at me. Scott tackled him and told me to find Eve.

I ran though the whole house. I took out a few wolves that came after me, but other than that, I moved quickly. After checking the house, I went in the back yard. There was a large pool, and a pool house. I pushed open the doors of the pool house and saw Shawn.

"I can smell her," Shawn said as he continued to sniff. "Eve!" he shouted.

I smelt the air. Her scent was slightly different, but it was her. There was also another scent. I walked around the pool house and knocked on the walls, trying to find a hollow wall. There were no hidden doors.

"Eve!" Shawn shouted again.

I walked out the pool house and looked around the pool. There was no place for any hidden doors outside. I looked in the pool and noticed small bubbles floating to the top. There was a crack at the bottom of the pool. The bubbles continued to form and pop when they reach the surface. Kind of like when you breathe underwater.

I ran back into the pool house and started stomping on the floor.

"What are you doing?" Shawn questioned. I continued to hit the floor. I hit a spot under a rug and heard a clank.

I kicked the rug and saw a wooden door. "Found it!" I exclaimed. I pulled open the door and climbed down the ladder. Shawn followed me down and we walked through a narrow hallway. There was only one door at the very end.

"She's here," Shawn commented. I kicked the door down to reveal another room of cages. There was a man standing in front of a cell.

"Eve!" Shawn yelled. I followed his line of vision and saw my mate laying on a bed.

I found keys on the wall and I quickly grabbed them. I unlocked the cell and used my shirt to cover my hand while opening the door.

"Hey Shawn," Eve greeted him while sitting up in the bed.

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked while walking into the cell.

"Just peachy," she replied. "That's Jacobs." She pointed to the man behind me.

I turned around and pushed him backwards so he hit a cell. The silver bars burned him. I quickly walked over to him and lifted him off the ground.

"Don't kill him," Eve demanded.

"What?" Shawn and I blurted in unison. He kidnapped her and now she said not to kill him?! These people brainwashed him.

"We need him. He'll explain it later," Eve said while walking out the cell. "Now, where's the doctor?" she asked.

I scoffed. "He doesn't need a doctor. I barely burned him," I stated.

Eve rolled her eyes at me and turned to Shawn. "I need to see a doctor."

I dropped Jacobs and walked towards Eve. I searched her body for any injuries. "What's wrong? Where are you hurt?" I asked.

She pushed my hands off of her and slightly shoved me away. "Can you take me to a doctor?" she asked Shawn.

"Sure. Let's go." Shawn walked past her and led her to the door while glancing back at me..

"Can you walk any slower?!" Eve exclaimed.

Shawn sped up and they disappeared out the door. I stared at the door in shock. Why is she acting like this? I must've said it out loud because Jacobs spoke. "She turned off her emotions."

"What the hell did you do to her?!" I shouted. There has to be a reason why she would want to stop feeling. Eve wouldn't do something like that.

Jacobs smirked at me and stood up. "That's rich. You think that I did something," he chuckled. "You killed that poor girl."

"What the are you talking about? She just left! She's obviously not dead."

He rolled his eyes at me. "You almost killed her." I glared at him, but he continued. "Her exact words were 'my idiot mate kissed someone in front of me." He actually looked sad and sympathetic.

I felt a pang of guilt and regret. I hurt her. I messed up, bad. I made her stop wanting to feel anything. She didn't care about feeling happiness or love. She wanted to take away all the pain that I caused her. Its been a month since we've known each other, and I basically broke her.

"When? When did she turn it off?" I asked Jacobs.

"Yesterday. We told her to mind-link Alpha Hayes, but her mutt wasn't responding. Then she told us all about you and your red-head slut," he snapped angrily.

Before I have the chance to reply, Ryan burst into the room. "Where is she?!" Ryan shouted.

Jacobs' sympathy disappeared and he smirked. "She's fine. She's not dead. Yet."

"If you touch one strand on her head, I swear I'll skin you with a silver blade," Ryan growled.

"Who are you talking about?" I questioned. "Is Eve okay?"

"He took Jordyn!" Ryan yelled.

"How?" I asked. Jordyn was back at the castle. She was supposed to be safe with the guards that we assigned to protect her and Elise. "What about Elise?"

Jacobs rolled his eyes. "The baby is fine. I can't say the same about the guards that you left."

"Where is my mate?!" Ryan roared.

Jacobs tsked Ryan and shook his head. "You should be nicer to the man who has your mate's life in his hands," he mused.

Ryan took deep breaths to calm himself. He was about to say something, but Jacobs spoke. "Please leave. I would like to speak to Alpha Reed," he said in a professional tone. Ryan gave me a questioning glance. I shrugged and looked at Jacobs.

"Alpha Hayes," Jacobs said and motioned to the door. Ryan let out a low growl and stormed out the room. The things Alphas do for their mates.

"Why do you want to speak to me?" I voiced my thoughts. I wasn't worried about him hurting me. For some reason, he didn't want to. We only spoke a few sentences, but he let off this vibe that he didn't want to hurt me. He was sympathetic. It was almost like he wanted to help me.

"Its about Eve," he started. "She probably won't tell you this because she hates you. But you need to know," he said softly.

I ignored the pain from knowing that my mate hates me. But I also know that I deserve that hate. I rejected her. I slept with Wendy. I kissed Wendy. I kissed Wendy in front of Eve.

*Flashback*

Eve and I were in my office talking about random things. She just started telling me a story about Jordyn and Ryan.

"So he went to the bathroom, but Jordyn really had to pee, and she's pregnant so she needs to pee like every five minutes. Ryan wouldn't open the door so she broke it down. He growled at her and she knocked him out" Eve giggled.

I chuckled. "Just so she could pee," I noted.

Eve laughed. "Pregnant she-wolves are craz-"

The door swung open and hit the wall, cutting off Eve. "Baby!" Wendy shrieked. She walked over to me, adding more sway to her hips.

She sat on my lap and kissed me. We were in that position for maybe two seconds, when someone cleared their throat. We both pulled away and I saw Eve. I fucked up, again. Shawn will probably kill me when he finds out. I did give him permission to beat the crap out of me.

Shit. I thought to myself. Eve didn't look in pain though. She had on a blank face.

Wendy just noticed that my mate was in the room. "Hello. I'm Luna Wendy Keeler."

Luna?! She is not my Luna. Eve is supposed to be Luna. The ceremony is for my mate. I don't want Wendy anymore. I only want Eve. I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't get the words out fast enough. I watched silently as Wendy and Eve shook hands. "Princess Genevieve Burke," Eve introduced herself.

Wendy froze and bowed her head. "I apologize for interrupting your meeting, Princess."

"Oh, no." Eve shook her head. "Don't apologize. We're done." She got up and walked out the room.

Gavin, my wolf, growled at me, then disappeared. Anyone who knew we are mates would know what that means. She will reject me. She just didn't want to do it in front of Wendy.

"Is the princess coming to my ceremony?" Wendy asked excitedly.

I pushed her off my lap and stood up. "You are not Luna," I stated calmly.

"What are you talking about?" Wendy asked. "Everyone has been talking about the Luna ceremony. Tomorrow night, I'll officially be Luna. Right?"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Wendy. I really am. I found my mate. The ceremony is for her."

Wendy was beyond angry. Her breaths were deep. "I'm supposed to be Luna. Mate or not, you said that I would be a perfect Luna. You said that we would be together," she hissed.

"You are not Luna!" I shouted with my Alpha voice. "You were not destined to be Luna of this pack. My mate is. Please leave," I said calmly.

Wendy stormed out the room and slammed the door behind her. I took deep breaths before leaving my office.

I walked upstairs and went to Eve's bedroom. I tried the knob, but it was locked. I heard her steady heartbeat, along with Matthew's. I slowly walked to my bedroom and closed the door.

*End of Flashback*

"What do I need to know?" I questioned Jacobs.

He sighed. "I don't know exactly what happened. But I do know that it has something to do with you. Her wolf died." I saw no signs of him lying. Just complete honesty.

"A wolf just can't die, right?" I wondered.

Jacobs shook his head. "Wolves have a stronger connection to their mates," he started. "Whatever you did to that girl, her wolf felt it ten times worst."

"But wouldn't Eve die without her wolf?"

"No. That girl is strong," he said with a smile. "She fought. I'm surprised that she didn't turn off her emotions sooner."

"Her emotions!" I exclaimed. "She turned them off. What happens to them now?" Only supernaturals can turn off their emotions, but she no longer a supernatural. She's practically human.

"I wish I knew," he said sadly. This is the most emotion that I've ever seen an Alpha show. "She needs you. She might not have emotions or a wolf, so she won't feel the connection anymore. She'll be angry at you all the time. She'll hate you. But she needs you."

I sighed and ran my hand down my face. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I know that I fucked up with my mate. I killed her and my unborn child. But I really loved both of them. My father forced me into mating with Colleen, the other Alpha," he said quietly.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Your father didn't sink your teeth into her," I dead-panned.

"He told me that Sarah, my mate, left. He said that she ran away with Colleen's mate. We acted on anger. And we killed our mates. I would change everything if I could," Jacobs explained. "I tried explaining that to the Council and Alpha Hayes, but they wouldn't let me explain. They just cared that I killed a baby and my mate. What we did wasn't okay. But I didn't mean to hurt her."

I silently listened to everything that he said because he actually sounded genuine. He was showing raw emotion. "You are I aren't that different. We both hurt our mates. But you still have a chance to fix it. It'll take time. A lot of time. But it would be worth it," he said softly.

"I don't understand," I stated. "You killed the Queen and King, and you took Jordyn. Why? How would that help you? It doesn't bring Sarah back."

"At first, I was just trying to get someone to kill me. I didn't want to live knowing that I killed my own mate. So I attacked the castle. But no one got to me. No one killed me. So I left. I took Eve, knowing that if I took the heir, people would come after me."

"But when Eve got here, and I found out about you. I didn't want to die. I wanted to help her. She reminded me so much of Sarah. The way that she cared about others. She's smart. And she has some amazing threats," he chuckled.

"She threatened you?" I asked.

"Let's just say that it involved a grater, silver, and wolfsbane," he replied.

"So why did you take Jordyn?" I questioned, still confused.

"I knew that since I killed the King and Queen and I kidnapped the Princess. People would kill me, no questions asked. But I don't want to die. So I needed leverage. I'm not gonna hurt Jordyn. I just need to make a deal with Alpha Hayes," Jacobs explained.

I hummed in understanding. "What deal do you plan on making?"

"I know that this is a long shot. But I want them to let me and a few of my men live. We want to help guard the castle."

I couldn't help it, I laughed. "Sorry," I apologized.

Jacobs rolled his eyes at me. "I want to help Eve. I know it'll take time for everyone to trust us. And I'm willing to wait. I'll give Jordyn back. I just want a second chance."

I nodded. "I understand why you did all of this. And if it comes down to it, I'll vouch for you," I told him honestly.

A blind person could see that Jacobs regretted what he did. He wants to make up for it. I guess helping Eve makes him feel better because in his mind, helping Eve is like helping Sarah.

Jacobs eyes glazed over, then he chuckled. "My men just told me that Jordyn forced them to watch The Notebook."

"Their watching a movie right now?" I questioned.

He chuckled and nodded. "We should talk to Ryan soon. That movie is over two hours long, the sooner we talk to him, the sooner my men are saved from watching that chick flick."

We both laughed and walked out the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7M 331K 34
As an Omega, the lowest-rank werewolf in any pack, Claire is confident her smoking hot Alpha can't be her mate. But she's wrong -- not just about him...
2.3M 55.4K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
7.1K 88 12
"You just don't get it, do you," I sigh rubbing my temples together. π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘡𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘺π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 "I, Noelle Wilson, accept your...