Amnesia

By NanamiMomozono675

Audrey wakes up in an unfamiliar room only to realize she has forgotten all of her memories. She is taken to... More

INTRODUCTION
The Awakening
First Kiss
The Secret
A New Friend
The Party
Going Home
Picnic Date
His Birthday
Jealousy
The Date
The Fight
Fear
The Plan
My Angel
Visitors
The plan
Leaving Him
Seeing Him Again
The Truth
Going Home
The Dream
Home Alone
No More Monsters
I Love You
NEWS AMNESIA SEQUEL!

Locked Up

1.3K 63 8
By NanamiMomozono675

AUDREY POV

I woke up feeling the soft bed covers over me. I only had my undergarments on, so the sensation of the warm blankets felt amazing.

I turned to my side and tried to reach for Xavier. However as much as I tried to touch Xavier, I couldn't reach him.

I finally opened my eyes only to see he wasn't there. 

It was surprising not seeing him there. He would sometimes go to work a bit late so he could spend more time with me. Since he was the owner of a company and the boss, he could do things like that.

Maybe he had gone to work early. He usually kissed me goodbye before leaving no matter what time he left for work. 

Yesterday had been a crazy day. But I was happy Xavier had apologized and that things were better now between us.

I had work today, so I decided to start getting ready. It was pretty early meaning I would have enough time to have breakfast before heading out. 

I did my makeup, wore a nice outfit for the job and I styled my hair. I would eat a quick breakfast and then head to work. 

I wanted to start driving again, so after work I planned to ask Xavier if he could accompany me while I drive. It had been a while and I felt my skills were a bit rusty.

I headed toward the door but when I twisted the door handle nothing happened. I was twisting in vain since the door wouldn't open. 

Had someone locked me in here?

I was on the second floor of this massive home so yelling out to someone was of no use. I knew no one was going to hear me from here.

Luckily I had my phone with me so I decided to call Dorothy. I knew Xavier didn't want me to speak with her but she did manage the home and had the keys to every room in the house. 

I dialed her number and she finally answered.

"Hello, it seems my bedroom door won't open. I'm not sure if someone locked the door by accident or what's going on, but can you open the door for me?" 

I didn't hear Dorothy. I could hear her breathing but nothing else. 

I wondered why she wasn't saying anything. It seems she was gathering her thoughts because she finally spoke.

"I'll be right there,'' she said.

I wondered why she took so long to respond?

After a couple of minutes, a maid came in with a tray of food.

"Here is your breakfast miss." 

"Thank you so much! You didn't have to bring it to my room." 

"Mr. Kingston informed me to bring your breakfast to your room. I have also brought some books you might like." 

I thought it was so sweet of Xavier for doing all of this for me.

"Thank you so much."

The maid then left.

I went to grab my phone from the side table and I decided to call Xavier and thank him for the surprise.

"Hello!" 

"Good morning my love." I said.

"Good morning princess." I could hear the endearing tone in his voice. 

"Thank you so much for the surprise. You had them make my favorite pancakes." I smiled.

"Anything for my princess. I'm glad you liked it."

"I was sad this morning when I didn't see you in bed." 

"I'm sorry my love. I had to head to work early for some urgent business. I'll be home early so we can spend some time together. We can watch whatever movie you want and eat popcorn." 

"That sounds great! I can't wait." 

I was so content with my life. I was married to the man of my dreams and I got the job I wanted. Nothing could ruin this moment.

"I'll let you go so you can continue working." 

"I love you princess. I'll see you in a bit." 

I just wanted him by my side right now so I could hug him and kiss him.

We said our goodbyes and I started eating my breakfast as fast as I could. I didn’t want to be late for my first official day at my new job.

I retouched up my makeup since my lipstick had rubbed off a bit. 

I was now ready to go. I headed for the door and once again it was locked.

I wondered if there was something wrong with the doorknob. 

This was getting frustrating.

I called Dorothy one more time and she answered.

"Hello, it seems my bedroom door won't open. Can you send someone to open the door?"

She didn't answer once again. 

"Hello?" I said after a bit.

I wondered what was wrong.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

This seemed to have helped since she finally answered.

"I'm sorry but I can't send someone to open the door." 

I was confused.

"Why is that?" 

"I apologize Audrey but Xavier gave strict orders not to let you out of your room." 

Was this a joke? Did I hear wrong?

"What do you mean I can't leave my room?" 

She was silent for a bit before speaking again.

"Audrey, it seems Xavier is still very upset about what happened yesterday. He said this would be your punishment for disobeying him." 

I was in utter shock. This had to be a joke. This couldn't possibly be true.

"I'm going to speak with Xavier right now. There must be some kind of misunderstanding."

"Alright, I hope so." 

I decided to call Xavier again. This had to be some kind of misunderstanding. He didn't sound upset when I had called him earlier.

He also didn't seem to be the type of person who would lock me in my room.

"Hello, Xavier." 

"Is everything alright my love?" He asked.

"It seems there's something wrong with our bedroom door. I can't get out. I talked with Dorothy about it and she said you gave orders not to let me out of my room. I think there's some kind of misunderstanding." 

I knew Xavier would fix this. Dorothy might have misunderstood what Xavier had said.

"There is no misunderstanding. Dorothy told you exactly what I had ordered. You are not allowed to leave our bedroom." 

I felt this sudden wave of worry and confusion.

"What do you mean I can't leave our bedroom? I have a job I need to get to." 

"You're still set on that job? What did we talk about yesterday Audrey! I said you are not allowed to work! I thought I made myself very clear yesterday!" Xavier spoke in an authoritative voice.

I was taken aback. This had to be a joke. I thought Xavier and I had fixed the issue yesterday and that it was ok that I started working. 

"This is your punishment for disobeying me. Until you've learned your lesson I won't let you leave our room." 

This was too much. Was Xavier crazy? 

"What do you mean I can't leave this room? I thought we agreed I could work yesterday?" 

We had such a nice time last night and I fell asleep in his arms thinking we had solved our problem. 

"And what's this about a punishment?" 

I felt hurt and lied to. I felt angry and sad.

We had been intimate last night. I had laid in his arms and felt like the happiest woman alive. This morning I woke up excited and motivated for the day. I had even thanked him this morning for sending me breakfast to my room.

I could never have predicted Xavier's sudden change of character. 

"I think you misunderstood me. I apologized for how I acted yesterday. However, I thought you understood that under no circumstances was I allowing you to work." 

I hated this aggressive and possessive Xavier. I couldn't understand what he was thinking.

What he was doing was terribly wrong.

"Xavier, I'm losing my patience. I believe you apologized for your rude behavior yesterday and that it was ok for me to work. I thought we already solved this issue. Please inform the staff to let me out of this room and let me get to work. I would hate to be late on my first day at work." 

I needed to remain calm. Maybe I could convince him to let me out now and we could talk about this issue in person when we're both out of work.

"Audrey, I believe I made myself clear. I will not discuss this any longer. You don't have to worry about being late. I already informed your boss you quit. You don't need to work. I make more than enough money for the both of us. I'll see you when I get back home." 

I couldn’t say another word since he hung up right after.

I felt my heart beating fast. I couldn't believe what was happening. I was angry. 

Who did he think he was to do this? I wasn't a prisoner he could keep locked away. 

He had taken away my job and now my freedom.

When did things go so wrong?

I needed to do something. I needed to get out. But how? There was no way I could break down this door even if I wanted to.

I was on the second floor of this house. There was no way I would be able to land safely from up here. Meaning I was trapped in here. 

I wanted to call Dorothy and ask her if she could open the door for me. But I didn't want her to get in trouble again and lose her job because of me.  

I had no other choice but to stay in this room until Xavier came home. This thought alone frustrated and angered me.

Remaining calm was the best thing I could do now. I decided to call my granny to distract myself. Whenever I talked with her, time would pass by really fast. 

I also needed some comfort. Although, I didn't plan on telling her what was happening between Xavier and I. I didn't want her to worry. 

After an hour of catching up with my granny I decided to read a book.

It all made sense now. The reason why the maid had brought me some books was so that I had something to do in this room. 

Xavier had planned it all so well. It made me angrier just thinking about it.

A maid would occasionally come inside to bring me some snacks and she even brought me lunch. I planned to get out of this room during those visits. However there were two guards outside.

It was clear they were there just in case I wanted to escape.

I couldn’t understand what was going on and why Xavier was being so controlling over me.

Finally, Xavier had arrived.

I peeked throught the window as I watched him walk inside the house.

After a bit, I finally heard the sound of the door open and there he was. 

If this was a normal day, I would have run into his arms and kissed him. 

I would welcome him home and we would have dinner together.

But today was very different. I was angry, sad, and upset.

He smiled at me and tried to hug and kiss me.

But like hell was I going to let him touch me after what he had done to me.

He looked a bit sad.

"I understand you're upset. But you needed to learn your lesson. Don't worry you can go anywhere in the house now that I'm here." 

He gave me a kind, charming smile.

It almost seemed like he was doing something kind for me. 

"Are you kidding me right now?" I said.

I laughed.

"You locked me in here like your prisoner and you forced me to quit my job." 

Just saying it sounded outrageous.

"I had opened up to you Xavier. I told you how excited I was to start that job. It was going to be a new beginning for me. A way for me to integrate myself back into society. Ever since I left the hospital I haven't really gone out of this house. Everything is being done for me as if I were a child." 

I hated that I felt like crying. 

" I feel like I'm not living." I whispered.

"You don't let me go out on my own. You don't even let me drive! At first I thought you were being a loving and caring husband and that you were doing it out of concern for my well-being. But now it feels like you want to control me."

I looked him straight in the eyes.

"I'm not some kind of fragile doll you can do whatever you want. This is my life Xavier. I have a say in what I want to do with it. If that means getting a job and being more independent from you, then that's what I'll do. But locking me in this room is too much. You're taking away my freedom and I won't just sit here and watch." 

I was furious. I needed to do something before this got out of hand. I wasn't going to let him treat me like this.

"I'm sorry you feel this way. But this is for the best. It seems you're too upset right now and you still haven't learned your lesson. It seems this punishment will have to be extended. I'll have someone send you your meal." 

I was beyond shocked. I felt ignored.

Xavier opened the door and I heard him tell the guards not to let me leave this room. 

"Xavier what are you doing!" I yelled.

He left, and the guards locked the door.

I began to bang on the door, demanding to be let out.

But it was of no use. No one listened to me.

I continued to bang on the door until I got tired. I laid against the door and I began to cry. 

I couldn't understand how fast everything had been taken away from me. 

Xavier had completely changed to a different person. 

Now, I was truly alone. My granny wasn't here to comfort me and I still had no clear recollection of my past.

I laid in bed and closed my eyes from exhaustion. In a matter of minutes, I heard someone walk in. 

Xavier had walked in with a tray of food.

This all felt familiar. Only this time, I knew there was no way we were going to solve this problem.

"Come and eat." I heard Xavier's gentle voice.

Hearing him speak like that made me want to cry. I missed that kind and gentle Xavier I knew. This man was not the same one I came to know.

I didn’t say a word. 

I felt him touch my arm but I quickly moved away.

"Don't touch me!" I said.

I wasn't facing him so I didn't know what his reaction was.

But from his silence, I could tell he was sad.

He then spoke again.

"Please eat, princess. I know you're angry with me but please don't stop eating because of me. I don't want you to get sick." 

I could hear the concern in his voice. But I was still angry and sad.

"I'm not hungry." 

I really wasn't hungry. I had lost my appetite after what had just happened.

"I'm going to leave the room. I'm sure you don't want to eat with me around. When I come back, I hope to see your plate empty." 

He then finally left. 

I didn't touch the food. I didn’t even look at it. I started to cry again. 

I felt so sad. I couldn't believe this was all really happening.

Luckily I managed to calm down and I fell asleep.

I really hoped this was a nightmare and that I would quickly wake up and get back to my happy life. 

END OF CHAPTER 12

(I hope you enjoyed this chapter.😁 Things are going to get a bit dramatic from now on.😅 I decided to add the song Symmetry from SYML. I felt the song worked well for this dramatic chapter.🤣 If any of you have seen the TV show Manifest on Netflix then you will recognize this song ☺. It's my new favorite show at the moment.😄
I'll post the next chapter as soon as possible. Until next time.☺ 💖 Don't forget to VOTE if you enjoyed it.😁)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63 0 10
Sarah Grove wakes up in a hospital, no memory what so ever. Not even her family or anything. Until she gets visions of her and a mysterious man, and...
352K 14.5K 15
Ben has always felt a little weird about being a male nurse, something uncommon in his hospital. Nobody else seems to care until a new doctor shows u...
39 50 41
It's a story about a girl who lost her memories but found herself in a guy's Mansion. He fell in love with her as time goes on but the family was the...
14.5K 277 29
When Jessie wakes up in the hospital, she is with a man who she has never seen before in her life. When the doctors diagnose her with Amnesia the man...