One & Only Option ( Completed)

By NiranjanaNepol

Arnav was flying back to India to attend a funeral... Shashi Gupta's funeral who committed suicide. The man w... More

1 Arnav is in London
2 Shashi was in trouble
3 Shocking News
4 Arnav is in India
5 How happy she was...!
6 New yet Old Khushi
8 Shocking Turn
9 Khushi was not interested
10 Arnav's declaration
11 I'm not a CHOICE...
12 Arnav's approach
13 Capability of ASR
14 Wedding Date
15 Difference
16 potential of Khushi
17 Demanding Arnav
18 It's Differnt
19 Evil is IN
20 Arnav LOVES Khushi
21 I LOVE YOU
22 Measurement
23 Neerav was in trouble
24 Situational prisoner
25 The Wedding
26 The wedding Night
27 Husband's duty
28 Arnav's Stand
29 Not for you
30 Silent Wife
31 Defeat
32 The Cheque
33 Brothers
34 Neerav's performance
35 Broken Egg
36 Feelings...
37 Birthday Gifts
38 Desperate Arnav
39 Evil in action
40 Game
41 I Know...
42 Demanding Arnav
43 Antakshari...?
44 Haughty Headed
45 Value
46 What's the matter?
47 Khushi is upset
48 Dirty Game
49 Understanding
50 Red Handed
51 Son-in-law
52 Task
53 The plan is ready
54 Part of the plan
55 Brothers Together
56 Cat, out of the box
57 Final step of the plan
58 Process Over
59 End card...
60 Slap and Kiss
61 Last Part
62 Epilogue

7 Arnav's lead...

5.5K 283 25
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 7 Arnav's lead...

Arnav slept in the car whereas Ratna slept with Garima and Khushi. Arvind was sleeping on the couch of the living room. Ratna slept quickly as she was tired. Garima was up till midnight. After that, she drifted into sleep. But Khushi didn't sleep as she already slept in the hospital. She came to the window and stood looking out. She saw Arnav getting down from the back seat of the car. Opening the front door, he checked the water bottle. It was empty. Khushi came to the kitchen and removed a bottle from the fridge. She came out and saw him trying to sleep again. She knocked on the window glass. Arnav saw her and opened the door. He got down hurriedly.

*Khushi...? You here? *

She extended the water bottle to him.

*You would have asked me water*

*You were sleeping... I just don't want to disturb you*

*It's not a disturbance... you can ask me anything you want*

*Ok, I will ask you anything I want*

She nodded yes and went back to the house. Arnav sat in the car and drank the water with a smile.

The next day

Arnav saw Neerav coming. He sat under a tree silently. Arnav came to Neerav.

"I need to talk to you..."

"Tell me, Arnav"

"Go and have a few consoling words with Garima aunty and Khushi" he insisted.

"They are not in the condition to get consoled, Arnav"

"So...? Will you be carefree? You are going to be a son-in-law of this family. Don't you have the responsibility for them? Who said your words won't console them? Maybe, others words can't do that buy yours will definitely do because you are their Damad..."

"Arnav..."

"Shut up and go..."

Arvind who was listening to them came to them.

"Don't you have a curtesy? Do you want us to insist on you for everything? Can't you just understand a little thing...?" Arvind chided Neerav.

"Dad, this is what I'm and you know that. You can't insist me for everything, every time... so, just leave me on my own way..."

Neerav left. Arvind sighed whereas Arnav gritted his teeth.

*This is not done, Dad...*

*He is like this, Chotte. He is highly irresponsible... I don't know how he is going to be a good husband in the future* Arvind said.

*Then why do you want to get him married? * Arnav asked him wearily.

*We thought he would become responsible if he gets married as he liked Khushi*

Arnav gulped down.

*We should arrange Gupta women a house, Chotte*

*No need, Dad... I had a talk with Khushi yesterday night when we return back home from the hospital. She said they have a house in Laxmi Nagar*

*Whose house is that? *

*Her Grandmother's *

*Oh...*

*She said they will shift thereafter the rituals get over*

Arvind sighed.

*Didn't Khushi looked confident than before? *

Arnav nodded yes.

*She would have thought about the reality...* Arvind said. He didn't think Arnav might have sowed the difference in her heart because he knew Arnav hardly interacts with people... if it comes to their personal matter, Arnav stays away for sure.

Arvind saw Anup coming with his family.

*Who asked him to come here? * Arvind asked himself.

*Who Dad? *

*Anup*

*They would have come here for Guptas*

*No, Chotte... they are not Gupta's friends... Anup rarely talks to Shashi... I think they are here for you* Arvind said hesitatingly.

*Dad... I warn you... if they approach me for marriage, I don't know what I will do... Is this a place to talk about marriage? * Arnav said irritatingly.

*Relax Chotte... don't lose your temper. Handle them smoothly*

*I don't know to handle anything smoothly, Dad*

As Arvind said, Anup came towards them.

*Excuse me, Dad* Arnav left the place.

Anup was stuck for a few seconds and composed himself.

*Hello, Arvind*

*Hi... you here? *

*Just to help you and Ratnaji*

*No no... we no need any help...*

Cutting him,

*Yeah... you have Arnav by your side*

Arvind nodded yes.

Arnav came inside searching for Ratna. He saw her in the kitchen. He came and touched her shoulder.

*Chotte, are you hungry? Come on eat something *

*Mom, a cup of coffee is enough*

*Ok wait*

She boiled the milk. They saw Khushi coming.

*Khushi beta... what do you want? *

* Can I get a cup of coffee, aunty? My head is blasting*

Ratna looked at Arnav and they smiled.

*What happened? *

*Nothing... Chotte is also here to have coffee*

*Didn't you get proper sleep last night, Khushi? * Arnav asked.

Ratna stopped pouring milk and looked at him wondering.

*I did...*

*It was 2 o'clock when you gave me water... when did you sleep after that? *

*I slept after that*

*Really? *

*Mmmm*

Ratna didn't question them but listened to them. She understood that Khushi gave water to Arnav last night. She passed a cup to Khushi and also to Arnav.

*Thank you, aunty,*

*Don't be so formal, beta*

Khushi spilled a painful smile.

*Actually, I want to ask you something* Khushi said looking at the coffee cup.

Arnav looked at her sipping the coffee whereas Ratna spared a glance of Arnav. With whom she needs to talk?

*I... have been decided to do job...*

Arnav looked at Ratna and stopped drinking the coffee. Ratna gulped down.

*Amma has no one other than me. I think I should be supportive of her. I would like to earn money. I don't want to make her condition horrible...*

She looked at Ratna who was sad. Ratna was about to say something,

*I will arrange for it...* Arnav said.

Ratna looked at him thunderstruck.

*Thanks...* Khushi smiled at him.

She extended her hand towards Arnav asking for the coffee cup. Arnav gave the cup to her. Washing them, she kept it in the self and left the place.

*What's this Chotte? She is going to be our Bahu*

*So? *

*What will people think if she works? *

*Mom, try to understand her condition. She is broken down... let her come out of the grief first. Don't you want her to be brave? If the job could make her brave, please don't stop her. She stopped crying doesn't mean she is fine... we have to make her fine, Mom*

Ratna nodded yes sighing.

*I wish, Neerav would also think about Khushi like you do* Ratna said feeling sad.

*I really fed up with him, Mom. He is not right...*

*I don't know how to cope-up with this situation, Chotte. Thank God, you are with us*

*Relax... we will talk to him after going to RM*

Ratna nodded yes.

That's when they hear,

*Hello, aunty* Ratna saw Laila sanding at the kitchen entrance.

Ratna switched her eyes from Laila to Arnav who looked annoyed. He walked out said nothing.

*Hi...* Laila extended her hand for a shake.

Arnav looked at her hand and left the place. She fisted her fingers seething.

*He won't interact with people...* Ratna said.

Laila faked a smile. Didn't he interact with Khushi a few minutes ago? Laila supposed.

After that, Arnav completely avoided Laila which was noticed by Arvind and Ratna. They were getting irritated by Laila and Anup's irritating behavior. Why can't they understand Arnav is not interested in Laila?

Garima called Arvind and Ratna. They came to her room.

*Bhai, I think we should finish the rituals quick* Garima said.

Arvind and Ratna spared a glance.

*The bankers might have given us time but I don't want to be here for long. I would like to vacate this house as much as possible* she said choking.

*You don't have to worry, Garima. We are here...* Arvind said.

Garima cried closing her face with her palms.

*Garima, don't cry. Khushi is much better than before. She is ready to face life. Don't make her weak crying* Ratna said.

*That's what makes me worried Ratna. How happy my Child was... how stress-free she was... I can't see her getting ready to carry the burden... why should she struggle for the mistake she never did? This is her father's mistake... why fate is examining her to this extend? * Garima burst out crying.

Arvind and Ratna felt bad for her. Ratna tried to console her whereas Arvind stood helplessly. Khushi, who was hearing her mother's outburst from outside the room tried hard not to cry which made Arnav awestruck who was witnessing the whole scene through the window.

To be continued...

The next chapter is available on INKITT

Shocking turn

As Garima asked, they finished the rituals within three days. Guptas shifted to Laxmi Nagar the next day itself. Raizadas accompanied them to Laxmi Nagar and settled them down there. They felt bad as the house was so small compared to their previous house.

Ratna came to Madhumathi who was with Garima, arranging their clothes in the cupboard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 10.8K 54
Arnav was not ready to get into the relationship. That doesn't mean he doesn't respect LOVE. He does...he respects TRUE LOVE. He wanted to get marrie...
456K 23K 87
Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him. It's the condition NOW. We can mention i...
90.4K 6.6K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
28K 1.4K 5
πŸ”–Highest rank #202(5/4/17) in Short Story πŸ”–#335 in romance(11/5/17)πŸ‘ˆ We heard many people say,"Love is blind" Is it really blind? Can it possible...