The Six

By RachaelMole

6 People. 6 Powers. 1 Secret. Light vs Dark. The Battle Is Coming. Completed! I will be adding new chapters a... More

A Brief Word
Prologue
Chapter One- Friends
Chapter Two- Spring
Chapter Three- Prayers
Chapter Four- Revelations
Chapter Five- Destiny
Chapter Six- Orders
Chapter Seven- Escape
Chapter Eight- Experiments
Chapter Nine- Lessons
Chapter Ten- Docked
Chapter Eleven- Rolezal
Chapter Twelve- History
Chapter Thirteen- Brothers
Chapter Fourteen- Bound
Chapter Fifteen- Burn
Chapter Sixteen- Eden
Chapter Seventeen- Whispers
Chapter Eighteen- Seer
Chapter Nineteen- Secrets
Chapter Twenty- Mountains
Chapter Twenty One- Energy
Chapter Twenty Two- Betrayed
Chapter Twenty Three- Innocence
Chapter Twenty Four- Worries
Chapter Twenty Five- Caged
Chapter Twenty Six- Charged
Chapter Twenty Seven- Mortals
Chapter Twenty Eight- Kas
Chapter Twenty Nine- Defenses
Chapter Thirty One- Daddy
Chapter Thirty Two- Protocol
Chapter Thirty Three- Collide
Chapter Thirty Four- Promotion
Chapter Thirty Five- Fiercesome
Chapter Thirty Six- Charge
Chapter Thirty Seven- Confessions
Chapter Thirty Eight- Darkness
Chapter Thirty Nine- Hero
Chapter Forty- Falling
Chapter Forty One- Fulfilled
Chapter Forty Two- Awakening
Chapter Forty Three- Grief
Chapter Forty Four- Farewells
READ ME !
READ ME! 2.0
Characters!

Chapter Thirty- Plan

809 76 10
By RachaelMole

The wind was calm, water still, air warm as Eboni sat at the very top floor of the tower.

The first sun has risen, the second peering over the horizon.

The tap of footfalls heading up the stairs alerted her to a new presence.

The familiar earthy scent of Kas enveloped her, bringing comfort to the eerie silence of morning on the barren land.

He sat next to her, joining her as she gazed out to sea.

"What was it you wanted to tell me yesterday?" Eboni asked, breaking the silence.

Kas shifted beside her, stalling in his answer.

She looked over at him. He was sat on the floor like her, shuffling uncomfortably while keeping his eyes fixed on the sea.

Eboni took a moment to look over her friend, the morning sun had illuminated his light brown, golden skin. His short hair had grown a little since they first met.

She preferred it longer, she mused.

His brown eyes shone as he finally turned to meet her gaze.

"I have wanted to tell you since our night on the boarder of Cerina- but there never seemed to be an appropriate time." He said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

She stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

"I am not engaged. I have no ties to anyone but my brother and his family. Ever since i saw you floating in the middle of the lake I knew had to meet you, be near you, protect you. But i am weak, i failed. We went to battle and it unleashed scars i cannot protect you from."

"I don't understand? Are you telling me that you don't want to fight with me or that i shouldn't fight at all." Eboni asked, hurt that he thought she had let her emotions weaken her.

"No!" He met her gaze fervently, staring into her eyes, her soul. "I am telling you that i like you- a lot- and that I will always fight beside you, for you. I'm sorry, i am terrible at sharing emotions, wording my thoughts."

Eboni sat in a stunned silence letting his words wash over her. He liked her? He wanted to protect her not because he thought she was weak but because he didn't want to see her hurting. Mentally or physically.

"Say something." He whispered, his eyes pleading with her.

"I don't know what I feel. About you, this fight, myself." She closed her eyes hiding her soul from the world.

"The possibility of ever being liked- loved even- in a romantic way has never been something open to me. Sisters of God's Land devote themselves to Elementi and no other. Yet after travelling, experiencing a different life, I feel like I can no longer call myself a Sister. The rules of God's Land- I have broken nearly all of them."

She opened her eyes, searching out Kas who was still sat by her side. His eyes holding an emotion she never thought she would see- understanding.

He stood up, drawing her up with him. They stood toe to toe, staring at each other before he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her close to his chest.

She mimicked his actions, their warm embrace sharing so many unsaid- and said- feelings they both held.

"I will wait for you." Kas said, his voice soft, tender, loving.

Breaking apart he led her down the winding stairs to the bottom floor.

They were the first down. Eboni looked out of the window, smiling as she saw an orchard of fruit trees that had sprung from the ground during the night.

Turning to Kas to ask him about them she saw he had built a large round table out of wood, a tree trunk supporting the top in the middle. Small wooden chairs too had begun to grow and form from small cracks in the stone floor.

She sat down at the table, her question forgotten as Kas sat beside her.

As the second sun rose into the sky the others gradually trickled down the stairs.

Eboni was glad to see that Iasa had accessorised her outfit. While on the ship all they had worn were loose fitting tunics synched in by small corsets and long shapeless trousers.

Last night the men had emptied the vessel of all the belongings and food- including the trunk that held Iasa's clothing from Rolezal.

She was wearing fitted light brown trousers and a crisp white tunic that had been synched in by an intricately decorated red corset with gold detailing. Her long blonde hair was freshly washed and hanging straight down her back to air dry.

Eboni looked down at her own attire. Though she knew clothing shouldn't be the top of her priority she couldn't help but feel the need to at least look a bit more feminine.

Glancing over at Kas who was sat talking happily with Raus at the table Eboni scolded herself. She shouldn't want to look good for him, she should want it for herself.

She met Iasa's gaze, who sent her a knowing look as the Princess's eyes flickered between her and Kas.

"I have some clothes you can have if you would like? I'll leave it on your bed." She said, winking as she walked past her to stand by Bren who was stood looking out of the window.

Eboni smiled softly at Iasa's kindness as she sat down at the table that was now loaded up with food from the ship.

She was glad that her first impression of the Princess had been wrong- It would have made for an uncomfortable and annoying trip otherwise.

Picking at the food she watched as Iasa intertwined her hand in Bren's before they walked outside towards the fruit trees. They returned minutes later with handfuls of luscious fresh fruit for the table.

With everyone sat down at the table the talking soon turned into laughter.

The jovial atmosphere halted as Atu shot up from his chair, his eyes fixed on the horizon hid demeanour calculating and cold.

Everyone stood and looked to the window. It took a moment but Eboni finally saw what had got him so worried-

Ships. Hundreds of ships. Now, they were only small dots on the horizon but they were there and they would be within landing distance soon.

"Dark Ones or allies?" Kimi asked.

"I can't tell." Bren replied, "But we need to prepare for the worst."

Atu nodded in agreement. "Everyone go and collect your weapons. I have my daggers with me so I will stay and clear the table. We must plan. Make it quick!" He commanded.

No one argued because it was the right thing they needed to do.

Racing up to the top floor Eboni quickly tied her hair back with a ribbon before fastening a belt around her waist. It has small links that held small metal daggers.

Kas had given it to her the night before from a collection of weapons he had brought with him from Sher Wood.

Encased in energy, which she could aim with precision, they would become deadly weapons.

Once back downstairs everyone took a seat at the table.

Eboni's eyes constantly flickering to the ships growing on the horizon.

"They are on the water, our best chance- if the ships are identified as Dark Ones- is to go on the defensive. Raus and I have the abilities that would do the most damage so far out." Atu said, looking to Raus to gage his reaction.

"I agree. Once we have a positive identification we need to destroy as many ships as we can before they reach the shore."

"And when they do reach the shore?" Iasa asked.

"Kas and Eboni are our best attackers but once they are out of the ocean we will all need to fight." Orlan replied.

"Divide and conquer." Kimi said as she gazed down at the table.

"What?" Kas asked for the group.

"The island is roughly a circle, it is fair to assume that we will be attacked at some point from all sides. By dividing the land between us all we can confidently attack and defend each other knowing all our blind spots have been covered." Kimi began to explain, continuing after a confident nod from Atu.

"The way we are sat now is good positioning." She continued.

Eboni looked around, Kimi was sat next to her then Raus, Orlan, and Iasa, Bren Atu, Kas then her.

"I agree, scattering the non-power wielders between the rest of us makes sense." Atu said.

"What happens when the Dark Ones use their own power and blind us?" Eboni asked, finally asking the question they didn't want to answer.

As they sat in silent contemplation Eboni's eyes drifted nervously back to the horizon. They were still too far away to distinguish whether they were friend or foe. The uncertainty was making her feel ill with the anticipation.

Bren nervously cleared his throat. All eyes now focused on him as he nervously took a deep breath. He relaxed a little as Iasa placed her hand on his arm, giving him the reassurance to say what he needed to.

"I've been practicing meditating at night. After running into the Dark Ones in Sher Wood it unlocked something in my mind, it's why I was so effected in Admari. The Darkness- the mist I can see through- is alive." He took another ragged deep breath.

"When we were fighting in Admari and the Dark Ones used their power, I could sense the barrier around myself that stopped me from being effected. When I touch someone, the barrier extends to them too."

Atu leaned forward, his face determined. "Do you think you can extend your shield across the island?"

Bren shrugged sadly. "I haven't ever tried to do it on that scale. The meditation makes me aware of the barrier but I can only do it in solitude and silence. I would say it was possible for me to learn how to expand it, but it will take me some time to reach that stage."

"Time is something that we don't have. They are close enough to identify." Raus said.

They all stood and looked out the window, staring out to sea as the fleet of ships sailed ever closer.

"Who are they?" Eboni whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246 37 24
Magi moves in America to run away from her past. But someone finds her and she is afraid because she can't control her power. Will she be able to pro...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
32 0 10
The world has neglected me for too long. I've been hoping for something good to happen to me for years and it's finally happened. I've made a friend...
1.8K 645 31
A seemingly simple girl who has recently completed high school, turns 18 one night and wakes up to find out the whole truth about her family and thei...