Learn to Live (Vigilante)

By landaho

Izuku was kidnapped by a Mad Doctor who experimented on quirkless kids. Being a complete failure Izuku was s... More

Negotiations
A Day Too Late
A KID?!
Circus Training
The Masked Slave
Foreign
Coffee Boy
I have to (Chapter 9)
Again (Chapter 10)
Ren Suzuki
Home? (chapter something)
Two in one (Chapter 13)
Faking it (Chapter 14)
What does he know? (Chapter 15)
USJ
Lost
There is no more trust
Crutches (Chapter 19)
The Other side.
Izu?
Patience
Training, Fighting, Plotting
Beginning of the sports Festival
Sports Festival, Part 1
Zombies
Sports Festival Part 3.
A Night Out
A Simple Movie
19 or 20?
A Meeting of old Friends.
Stain
Toga
Done With Doing Nothing
Hospitals
Tears and Flames
Information and a Rat

After Math (Chapter 8)

6.7K 233 40
By landaho

Rens pro:

"....I..w....his........eye............bags..look.......horrible..."

"It's..al..as.....bad as mine."

My head was throbbing as my mind sluggishly slang words together.

"At least...I'm authentic.", my throat burned. "I don't need a sharpi(e)...." The last of my sentence was cut off by an agonizing cough. As soon as the cough started my stomach burned. Wheezing I mumbled under my breath. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw La Brava hanging over my face.

"Hey you."

"Hey Brava." I looked around my gaze landing on the figure a couple feet away. My vision was blurry, but I could tell who it was.

"Hey Gentle. Long time no see."

"Not long enough, Deku."

"Oh, come on not that name again." I tried sitting up but drastically failed.

La Brava joined in, "To bad, it's just facts now. You are absolutely useless at taking care of yourself."

Gentile voice rang out, "Not only that but you were able to catch one of the worst fevers I have ever seen."

"How? How long have I been out? What happened? Who......" My head was spinning like I got hit by a truck. More like I was drowning than I got run over by a truck then dropped off a cliff.

"Hold your horses." Gentile could clearly see the pain on my face as I shifted. "You've been out for a couple of days."

He saw the panic fill my eyes.

"Don't worry. Brava hacked into your job's systems and made sure you had work off." His tone changed into a more careful voice. "Now, I have a question for you."

I knew what he was going to ask. He asked me the same question every time.

"Have you tried out those wings yet?" His eyes softened as he motioned to my exposed wings in their full size.

"Are you sure you're a criminal? I'm not convinced yet."

"Don't answer my question with a question." He laughed as Brava hid a smile behind her piggy tale. I chuckled but even that hurt. La Brava got up and grabbed some sort of pill bottle. Opening it she got out five pills.

"You caught a fever from infection. Don't ask how we kept you alive. I have no idea how we did it. Anyway, you broke through it last night."

"How'd you get the crowbar out?"

Both of their faces turned white.

"Ok, Ok. I won't ask. I owe you one."

"One! You owe us twenty!" Brava scoffed at me.

"Fine, creepy adult child", I paused, "actually twenty....one." At this both their eyebrows rose. "I need you to make me a fake ID."

"I already did that" La Brava came up to me holding out the pills.

"I need one with no holes. I don't just need an ID I need you to make me a false background. One where no one would doubt."

"What have you gotten yourself into this time, Deku?" Gentile asked.

Somehow in the time we had begun talking a cup of steaming tea had appeared in his hands.

"I had no choice. I was in my civil clothes when I ran into Eraserhead. Everything was fine, but then I ended up saving a bunch of kids. Now I have a recommendation to UA." I put my hand on my forehead grumbling under my breath.

Both looked shocked. Then Gentile got up and handed me a plastic water bottle. "Well, that is a problem.", he sipped his tea, "If you don't show up that would be a red flag to the pro."

"I know." I took the pills out of Brava's hand, "Will these knock me out?"

She nodded. I handed her back two of them and swallowed the last three. "I'm going to work tomorrow so I better be able to wake up." I looked at them, "Please help me with the technical problems in my life. I'm useless when it come it that sort of stuff." My words started to slur off.

"We know, you could barely figure out how to use your flip phone" My mind started to muddle their words again.

"Hey, I've gotten a ton better. I can be quite handy with technology now, but I would miss something Brava won't." I closed my eyes the light started to irritate them.

"This stuff works fast." I slurred every word knowing that the two were laughing at me.

______

I had no dreams. I woke up knowing that I was alone. Those two must have gone out to get something. I looked around noticing a stack of papers on a table with a box next to it. I rolled myself out of bed. The pain engulfed me, but I made my way over to the table. There was a note by the stuff.

Hey, if you disappear by the time we get back the papers on table is what you asked for. You have to go through and read ALL OF IT, so you don't slip up. I figured you would be low on your colored contacts, hair dye, and bandages. Those are in the box. Don't be mad but you've really been out for two weeks. See you later kid, but next time let's plan it.

- La Brava, Gentile Criminal-

They're getting to know me a little too well.

Getting home took me way too long. I stopped at least 10 times and my paste was as slow as an injured snail. Getting up to the room was harder than a hard but I managed. I walked over to my worktable and laid out the papers La-Brava made for me. There in the mist of the papers there was a new ID card. I picked it up, turning it around. It was just an updated picture of me with my black hoodie on. I noticed another ID card lying on top of the table.

What, how did she manage to do that? Really Brava, really?

The ID photo...that darn grown child had somehow photoshopped my wings into the same photo she used for the other ID. I picked it up feeling a sticky note on the back.

PS. This is just in case

-Brava

You sneaky little devil. Ruffling through all the documents I saw that she had two piles, one for my 'quirkless' statues and a new one that had documents with my quirk in it.

___________

"YO! Long time no see Ren" My manager walked up to me and hit me on the head. "Don't go getting sick again, we both know you basically run this place."

"What, but you're the manager!"

"Doesn't matter when a pro hero keeps coming in asking about you. Now get back to work." She turned around flipping her hair into my face while walking away.

I practically got the same treatment at the library just a couple of hours ago. It took all my strength not to flinch at it. In the time I've had these jobs I've learned that flinching is a telltale sign that something is wrong. I'm not always able to stop it though.  

___

JINGLE, JINGLE

We were closing early when a customer opened the door.

"Sorry sir but we are actually closing early today." I was whipping down the last table when I turned around.

"Wow, you look like trash."

The one person I dreaded seeing just completely blindsided me.

"Oh, Hey. Hmmm would it be ok if we talked after I get done with work?"

"Sure, I'll wait right here." Eraser pulled out a chair sitting down.

"Are you the only one here?"

"Yah, I'm closing today."

That was the only thing he said for the next 20 minutes. I handed him a cup of coffee as we walked out the door. Sipping from my own cup I pulled out the key to the building and locked it up.

"Where do you want to talk?"

"I can just talk to you while you walk home. So, about this whole UA thing...?"

He didn't say anything, so I just raptly went on, "Well, hmm I, I don' t really know...how it, how it works. Like I know you go there to become a hero, but can you just recommend me? What does that even mean? Do I have to take the entrance exams, or what about the coast, or..."

"Slow down kid. The entrance exams are six months away and I'm assuming that you are just about to go into high school?"

I nodded my head.

"You won't have to take the entrance exams. A recommendation from me doesn't happen so let's just say the principal is already very interested."

A chill ran down my spine. The principal was the last person I wanted to be interested in me. He had ways of looking through the cracks. UGH, now if I didn't go it would only make things more suspicious. "I don't have the money to go to UA."

"It will all be taken care of."

We reached an apartment building. He motioned me to keep flowing him.

"My son is trying out this year too, but he has to do it the hard way."

I chuckled, making his eyebrows rise. "You're easier on a stranger than you are on your own son?"

"If he doesn't push himself, he will never learn." We walked up to a door Eraser opening it. "SHIN! Get out here and meet the kid I've been telling you about."

Crap. This is where he ended up? A purple haired kid walked up to me and held out his hand in a side wave.

"Yo" The kid's attention switched back to the sleep deprived hero. "Did you find anything new?"

"No."

Ha, ha, ha, this is going to be interesting.

"Who are you guys talking about?" Just as I asked the question Mic walked out from around the corner.

"The one and only Phantom, or those two obsession."

"That vigilante?" All three of their eyes landed on me. I took a step back as their intense eyes bared down on me

"He's reputation continues to grow." Mic said. With interest he asked, "How do you know him?"

"Hmm well...I've met him before." Their eyes widen.

"WHAT! WHEN!" The purpled hair kid yelled.

"He saved me a couple years ago, I've idolized him ever since." They had enough common sense not to ask how he saved me.

"So... hmmm about UA."

"Here I printed these for you. Just have your parents fill theses out. Just show up on the first day of school." He went and picked up a pile of papers handing them to me.

"Thanks. Well, I'll be off then..." Turning around as I headed out. I felt a hand land on my shoulder.

"Hold up, how about you have dinner here?" Eraser voice was flat toned but not heartless.

I almost flipped him over my shoulder. A few inches and he would have felt my wings. Wait.......he was going to find out anyway if I went to UA. Brava gave me the new ID.....This was a perfect situation.

I slumped my shoulders, "I won't ever make it in UA." I used my natural instincts to shrug off his hand. Natural meaning absolutely concerning to anyone but me. "I'm pathetic. I don't deserve to go to UA."

They looked at me expecting more. What I was about to do went against everything. Slowly, I took off my hoodie letting my wings grow simultaneously making them appear out of nowhere. I was wearing a loose long sleeve shirt underneath. I had to rip slots into all my clothes so the shirts could go around my wings. Trust me, once I tried to poke holes in my shirt and thread them though. It failed.

The only person who didn't show surprise was Eraser.

"What does this have to do with anything?" -Eraser.

The only way to make him doubt recommending me was to make myself look as pathetic as possible. It was a long shot, but it was still a shot.

"I'm afraid of heights." I looked down shuffling my feet. "I've never learned how to fly." This caused a different reaction from the three of them.

Ok this was good. Eraser isn't showing any emotion, but the others look concerned. And isn't Eraser being a little dumb here. Like whom recommends someone to UA after seeing one thing happen. Was he more suspicious about me, and that's why he wants me to go to UA? Like what kind of teenager can do what he saw me do. Did he suspect anything? What is he thinking?

"OH MY GOSH! HE'S GOING INTO MY CLASS!!" Mic boomed as he ran up to trying to engulf me in a hug. I ducked out of the way. What the heck? What just happened? What? HUH? Crap.

"Mic," Eraser voice made Mic quite down and look back, "I'm the one recommending him."

Shinso walked up to me with a fascinated gaze in his eyes, "Wings? Is that your quirk? Bird wings are not seen very often, and yours are green. Have they always been green? Why...?"

"Why is your hair purple? I can't help that my eye's are brown, and my wings are green." He looked embarrassed. "I have to get back and eat dinner. It was nice meeting you guys." I bowed the weight of my wings throwing my balance off just a tad. I turned around and ran off.

What the heck I'm i going to do. The papers were clutched in my hands. I think I have to go to UA.

___________________________________

OK I AM SO SORRY.

I haven't updated in a long time. And this chapter Sucks.

But it's better to get something out than nothing at all.

I Hope you guys will kept reading. 

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 15K 51
Both of Izuku's parents abandon him and he's forced to go to an abusive orphanage. What happens when he gets adopted by criminals just to escape duri...
7K 171 23
Izuku midoriya a 14yr old teen who. Lives 2 lifes one in the night and one in the day. I night he is the No. 1 vigilante, blackout . He's been up and...
194K 9.3K 51
DISCLAIMER: MHA doesn't belong to me but Kohei Horikoshi This books contains strong language, blood, abuse, depressing topics(self harm, suicide atte...
32.3K 927 17
"... Ka.. cchan..?" "Yes.. That's right, De- Izuku.." It was unfamiliar to him. Or was it? He does not recall such name. But he can say it in such e...