Silence

By ohdearenisdc

Part 1 {Silence} COMPLETED Part 2 {Noise} COMPLETED Part 3 {Continuation} ONGOING- (SEPERATE BOOK) Aspen Orin... More

{Updated} A/N and Characters
{1} Silence
{2} Quiet
{3} Peace
{4} Stillness
{5} Lull
{6} Serenity
{7} Hushed
{8} Tranquility
{9} Solitude
{10} Rest
{11} Muffled
{12} Shush
{13} Mute
{14} Unheard
{15} Inaudible
{16} Soothe
{17} Speechless
{18} Placid
{19} Gentle
{20} Lonely
{21} Unclear
{22} Low
{23} Soundless
{24} Reserved
{25} Secretive
{26} Reticent
{27} Sedate
{28} Composure
{29} Whist
{30} Incoherent
{31} Equanimity
{33} Stifled
{34} Hazy
{35} Dull
{36} Feeble
{37} Vague
{38} Faltering
{39} Hesitance
{40} The Final Silence
Character Q&A
{1.2} Noise
{2.2} Loud
{3.2} Crash
{4.2} Piercing
{5.2} Ringing
{6.2} Enhanced
{7.2} Screech
{8.2} Whistle
{9.2} Echo
{10.2} Boom
{11.2} Commotion
{12.2} Unruly
{13.2} Deep
{14.2} Ruckus
{15.2} Yell
{16.2} Deafening
{17.2} Static
{18.2} Shrill
{19.2} Emphatic
{20.5} Language
{21.5} Snap
{22.2} Powerful
{23.2} Cry
{24.2} Uproarious
{25.2} Melody
{26.2} Blare
{27.2} Scream
{28.2} Thundering
{29.2} The Final Noise
Epilogue
{Bonus 1} Love
AUTHORS NOTE :)

{32} Faint

13.9K 472 266
By ohdearenisdc

{Yarrow's POV}

I surely woke with a start this morning. Aspen scared me but by the look on her face, I scared her more. Her reaction seems logical, she doesn't know me or Hudson well, the only experiences we've had have been negative. A true shame but nothing can be done of it now. 

Caspian came in and asked to speak to Aspen. She took a seat on one of the leather armchairs and Caspian took a seat on the one beside her. I notice her looking back and forth between Hudson and I. She also gives Sorin a few questioning looks. The surrounding glass and upturned furniture is catching her eye as well. I notice how she prefers Rhys to stay close to her. He seems like a good guard and I suppose their relationship is growing.

"Aspen, you know Hudson and Yarrow." Caspian states.

"I suppose I do.." Aspen trails off, not looking at Hudson or myself.

"They, along with Ash, are going to be staying with us for a while. It's temporary, but the exact time frame is unsure. I'm sorry that you were startled when you came in, the maids are working on the mess. The boys are also getting their own rooms and will not be staying in the living room." Caspian says, watching Aspen carefully. 

She is careful wither her facial expression, I can see that much. Otherwise, she shows no signs of distress or fear. Her posture shows she is alert, the way she is leaning in her chair lets me know she has her gun tucked in her waistband. A detail I'll be careful not to disclose to her brothers. She seems ready for anything. I cant help but feel a tinge of pride, she has been trained well.

"Why?" Is her seemingly simple question.

"Extra protection. We also have some business to finish." Is Caspian's half-truth.

"What happened to the house?" She asks, still focused on Caspian.

"You know your brothers have a hard time getting along with Hudson, Yarrow and Ash. Let's just say a small argument broke out." Caspian replies, making Sorin scoff.

"Small argument my ass." He mumbles, earning a stern look from Caspian.

Yesterday, 9:30p.m.

"Why the f*ck should we let you live here? What kind of living arrangement is this?" Jasper gets frustrated and drops a few blankets to the floor.

"It's extra protection, plus your dear eldest brother already agreed. Don't worry Jas, it'll be just like old times." Hudson taunts while fluffing a pillow.

"F*ck this sh*t." Jasper turns around to leave the living room.

"That's right, leave just like you did at the mission in Canada." Hudson says, making Jasper turn around.

"You're one to f*cking talk, you left when everything started going wrong like the f*cking coward you are!" Jasper raises his voice.

"And you're the one who couldn't pull the f*cking trigger!" Hudson shouts back, causing Jasper to grab a picture frame off of the mantle and whip it at Hudson, just missing his head. 

"Your aim is ass! You couldn't even kill me if you did pull the trigger!" Hudson picks up a vase and throws it at Jasper which he barely dodges.

Jasper lunges at Hudson, knocking him to the ground and they struggle against each other. Jasper pins Hudson to the ground but Hudson reaches for a plant pot which was knocked down in the ruckus. He slams it against Jasper's head, allowing Hudson to get out from his hold. Jasper and Hudson get up and stand facing each other, both out of breath, both holding their injuries. 

"The f*ck is going on in here?" Sorin asks, walking through the broken glass.

"Free entertainment." I reply from my spot on the couch and take a sip of my whiskey. 

It's a really quality couch to be honest. It looks expensive and like a rich persons couch, but it's comfortable. Usually when you get expensive couches, you either get looks or comfort. But with this couch, you get the best of both worlds. I'm quite impressed to be honest.

"Clean yourself up." Sorin commands Jasper, then turns to Hudson, "If you want to stay here, you'll refrain from such pathetic fights. How are we meant to explain this to Aspen tomorrow?" 

"Sorry." Hudson and Jasper mumble at the same time, making them glare at each other.

"I don't give a sh*t about your sorrys, clean yourselves up so you don't terrify Aspen when she sees you." Sorin says, making both men leave the living room.

Sorin then turns to a couch and wipes off the broken glass. He sits down and looks at me. 

"So, what was that about?"

Present

"Alright." Aspen says, making the room confused.

"Alright?" Hudson replies, confused at her reaction.

"Alright." She confirms.

"Are you really okay with this Aspen?" Sorin asks genuinely.

She turns to look at him and simply nods her head. Her reactions are so calculated, I have a hard time reading them myself. She stands up and faces Rhys, she says something to him quietly and leaves the room. I look at Hudson, only for him to be looking at me with a confused face already.

"What was that?" Hudson asks no one in particular.

"What did she say to you?" Caspian asks Rhys.

"She said she was going to her room and not to let any of the hooligans near her." Rhys says with a surprisingly straight face and Sorin snorts.

"Leave her be for now." Caspian says while standing up "And don't let the hooligans near her." 

Rhys nods his head and Caspian leaves the room. It's now me, Sorin, Rhys and Hudson in the living room, wondering what Aspen's thinking.

"You know her well. What is she thinking?" I ask Rhys.

"You wont know what she's thinking unless she wants you to. She's smarter than you all think, and very underestimated." Rhys replies, making Sorin even give him an interesting look. "Don't let her fool you." 

With those words, Rhys leaves the room. I look at Hudson who looks bewildered. What Rhys said makes sense, I could hardly tell what Aspen was thinking and I couldn't even pick up any reactions. 

She knows exactly what she's doing.

{Aspen's POV}

Not going to lie.

I'm freaking the frick out.

The fact that my brothers let Hudson, Yarrow, and Ash stay here willingly is a sign of disaster. Something is wrong, something is going to happen. Why else would they allow this? They all hate each other and now here they are all buddy-buddy. It doesn't make sense.

There is only one thing I can think of. 

It must have to do with the baking competition. 

Now the only thing is, what do I do about this? I pull my phone out and text the only person I can think of.

Aspen
New development. You know during our call the other night I told you about Hudson and Yarrow? Well they are now living here.

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
The f*ck you mean living there? As in the people that kidnapped you?

Aspen
Kinda sorta yeah...

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
How and why would your brothers even consider allowing that?

Aspen
It has to have something to do with the competition. Think about it, they all say I'm in danger, and Cas said they're here for extra protection. 

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
Seems logical, but stupid. Why do your brothers even trust them?

Aspen
I'm not sure, but I'm going to try to find out more. I've been hiding in my room since I found out. I'm thinking about venturing out.

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
I don't like the idea of this, I don't trust them.

Aspen
I know you don't, I know what I'm doing though, I'll keep you updated.

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
Whatever you say, darling. I'm here if you need me.

Smiling at the message, I tuck my phone away in my pocket and approach my door. I slowly open it and look both ways of the hallway. Concluding it's empty, I sneakily make my way out and downstairs. When I reach the bottom of the staircase, I hear talking but it seems to be coming from the living room. I approach the doorway of the living room and peek in. Not like Rhys and his squeaky shoes though, I actually know what I'm doing.

Staying unseen from the people in the living room, I determine the occupants to be Sorin, Hudson, Yarrow, Jasper, Ash, Alani and Rhys. I decide to find Raini in the kitchen to hopefully help cook or bake. I need to bake the stress away a bit. 

I silently crouch down and pass the door without alerting anyone. I don't even know why I tried to doubt my skills, I'm clearly flipping phenomenal. In the clear, I stand back up and enter the kitchen. I'm happy to see Raini working on lunch and she looks up at me.

"Ah bonjour arbre, what brings you here?" She asks while chopping up some vegetables. 

"I need to bake or cook or just do something to occupy my mind please." I tell her.

"Of course, I'm just preparing some grilled chicken and salad for lunch. Do you want to get started with the grill?" She asks.

"Absolutely." I reply.

I bring out the grill pan and prepare the chicken. Cooking and baking is truly my form of therapy. Much needed therapy, might I add. 

I grill the plethora of chicken since there are now 8 grown men living here. There will likely never be a snack in the house again. Moment of silence for my future bakes, I'll probably never even get to try them anymore.

I plate the chicken and put it on the dining table. Raini follows with the salad and I take my seat. These dudes are taking my house but they cant take my seat at the dining table.

Caspian enters the dining room first and takes his usual seat. We exchange simple greetings but avoid the elephant in the room. Ambrose is next, followed by Kohen. When the rest enter, they are surprised to see me. I can tell by Hudson's raised eyebrows and Ash's face. They probably weren't expecting me to come down. Ha proved them wrong. 

"So Aspen, when did you come downstairs?" Hudson asks, drawing all the attention to me.

"About an hour ago." I reply.

"Oh, didn't see you come down."

What can I say? I'm just a freaking legend.

I don't say it out loud though.

"Maybe you should get your eyes checked." I recommend.

"uh-" I cut Hudson off.

"Or simply open them. I walked right past the living room door and none of you saw me. What kind of extra protection is this?" I direct to Caspian.

"Asp-" I cut Yarrow off.

"You know what, nevermind. I'm hungry." I look up at Caspian and he nods his head.

"Let's eat then." He says.

Everyone proceeds to eat in silence. I act as if nothing is out of the ordinary. I sense a lot of eyes on me though. 

"This is really good." Ash comments.

"I'm glad you feel that way." Jasper replies with a smirk, making Ash spit his food out.

"The f*ck did you do to it?" 

"Tastes a little like summer, no?" Jasper asks.

"No f*cking way." Kohen smiles at Jasper.

I watch as Hudson and Yarrow spit out their food, making me confused.

"Summer fresh perhaps?" Jasper pulls out a jug of laundry detergent from under the table and waves it around.

A sudden wave of yelling and shouts begin. I haven't heard this loud of noise in a long time. Plates are thrown around and my mind is spinning. It's getting hard to breathe, my ears feel like they're on fire. I try to cover my ears but there is so much noise everywhere and my vision starts to blur. I try to stand my my knees give out. I'm caught by someone but I cant see who. I hear one final bang before everything goes black.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am officially on a roll. I'm a little addicted to writing right now, not going to lie. Good for you because you get chapters, but not the greatest for me due to my lack of sleep lol.

Anyways, thoughts on the situation?

Thank you all for your support <3

Until next time :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 4.5K 40
"Is she mine?" Freen asked with shaky hands watching the little kid playing on the playground. Her hair cascade on her shoulders, her eyes were brown...
21.6K 669 22
A young man born to a wealthy family unaware of the incredible power dwelling inside of him, Now that young man is about to begin walking down the ro...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 35.3K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
1.1M 23.6K 73
8 year old Alessia never had the best life. From being taken away from her family at a very young age to being diagnosed with cancer while dealing w...