Danmachi: The Revenant

By KneeOil

Nothing complex, just Bell with Hit's powers. More

Trailer
Information
Prologue: Youngest and Greatest
Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Harem Results
Chapter 3: The Legend They Feared
Chapter 4: Fresh Starts
Chapter 5: Goddess
Chapter 6: First Step
Chapter 7: Contact
Chapter 8: That Time of the Year
Chapter 9: A Mishap or Two
Chapter 10: New Members
Chapter 11: A Strange Request
Chapter 12: We Don't Condone Child Violence, but

Chapter 2: Some Things Never Change

6.5K 106 32
By KneeOil

Bell found the pub after some looking around. It was near sundown and the place looked like it was starting to pile up with customers. Bell made his way in and was greeted by a red haired waitress.

Alise: Hello and welcome, are you by yourself for tonight?

Bell: Yes, just me please.

Alise: Gotcha. TABLE FOR ONE!!

Bell winced a little at how loud the girl was being. He got a better look inside as he was being lead in, he saw many other waitresses running about the tables with trays of food. What surprised him was the diversity of their races, there were cat people, humans, a prum and an elf.

Bell: (There certainly are a lot of people working here...)

Bell was brought out of his thoughts when the girl sat him at a seat near the bar.

Alise: My name is Alise and I will be serving you tonight. Would you like to order now or do you need a moment?

Bell looked at the menu and immediately saw a classic favorite of his.

Bell: No no, I'm ready, I'll have the spaghetti plate and a water.

Alise: Alright, your order will be ready soon.

With that, the girl left and Bell sat there to think about his day.

Bell: A lot has already happened today, but it's not so bad. Grandpa was right when he said a change of pace would be good for me.

He let himself relax for a bit until the sound of a tray crashing got his attention. He looked and saw a girl with silver hair standing next to a werewolf who was drenched in beer he likely ordered. If that wasn't worse, he looked a little drunk and also pissed off. The girl look terrified as the wolf yelled at her.

Bete: I said I wanted another drink not a bath!!

Syr: I-I'm terribly sorry sir!

Finn: Bete, your drunk, relax. We don't want to ruin the mood here.

Bete: Too late for that.

He raised his arm to slap the girl before he was grabbed.

Bell: Let's not be rash.

Bete: Huh? The hell are you, kid?

Bell: Who I am doesn't matter, what does is what you were going to do to her.

Bete: Mind your own business brat, I got other things to deal with.

Bell: I was doing just that until you threw a tantrum over an accident like that.

They continued going back and forth while the girl just stood there and watched this boy continue to defend her.

Bete: Alright then tough guy, why don't we take this outside.

Bell: Fine by me, I'm still waiting for my food anyway.

They went outside as the other patrons went to the porch to watch the fight. Among them were both the waitresses of the pub and the wolf's familia. They were a blonde prum, a green haired elf, a dwarf, two amazons, an orange haired elf and a blonde girl.

Tiona: So who thinks Bete is just gonna beat up this kid?

Lefiya: Shouldn't we stop this? He'll get killed.

Finn: My thumb is throbbing, let's see how this plays out.

With the waitresses...

Ryuu: Syr, are you alright?

Syr: Y-Yeah, but that boy is gonna get hurt because of me!

Lunoire: Not much we can do here. Vanargandr is a level 6 after all.

Anya: Nya, Mama, we have to do something!

Mia: The boy brought this on himself. I'll step in if things get too hairy, it's the least I can do for someone defending one of my girls. (Don't die kid, just focus on staying alive.)

Bete: Hope you're ready runt.

Bell: ...

He just stood there and stared at the wolf. Many were confused as the boy didn't even take a stance.

Tione: Why isn't he doing anything? Surely he doesn't think he has a chance right?

Riveria: This could be part of his plan. Bete isn't in his right mindset so the boy can take advantage of that if he's caught on.

Lefiya: Miss Ais?

Ais was staring at the boy, she felt an aura coming from him that she felt from few others.

Ais: That person is strong, he won't give in easily.

Finn: What makes you say that, Ais?

Ais: There's something about him that is unsettling.

Tiona: So you felt it too. Whatever it is, it's making this more exciting.

Many agreed with the amazon and began placing bets as to who would win. Naturally, since no one knew Bell they bet on Bete instead, save the waitresses who wanted to believe in the brave soul.

Bete: Here it comes!

He rushed Bell and threw a punch straight at his face. Bell wasn't entirely prepared for his speed but that didn't matter too much. He was able to dodge out of the way, albeit with a small scratch on his cheek.

Customer A: Yeah, first strike is his!

Customer B: That kids as good as done at this rate!

Bell could hear their conversations and rolled his eyes. He turned to the girl he helped and saw a look of worry on her face. He gave her a confident smile before turning back to the wolf.

Bell: Guess I should take this more seriously.

Bete just laughed at that.

Bete: Hahahaha! You're really trying to tell me that you're holding back on me?! That's rich, dream on kid! You couldn't beat me either way!

Many cheered at that as they thought they won some money, but Bell had other ideas.

Bell: I wonder about that...

The ground around Bell started cracking which put the wolf on guard. The next thing he knew was that strange light began shooting out of him followed by a sharp pain which forced him backwards.

Bete: Grrr... the hell was that?

Bell: ...

Gareth: Finn, you see the kid move?

Finn: No...

Many along with them had widened their eyes, the kid had dealt damage to a high level adventurer and he didn't even move.

Riveria: I felt that, he's using some kind of magic.

Lefiya: Yeah, I sensed it too, but how did he do it? He didn't even chant.

Tiona: That was so cool!

Bell turned back to the girl he saved and gave her a wink. She responded by blushing a little before Bell turned his attention back to Bete.

Bete: Like I'm letting you get lucky again.

He tried to throw another punch but Bell dodged him. Bete's eyes widened at how he never even saw the guy move, and now he was behind him. Many were astounded by Bell's move which lead them to get nervous about their bets while some girls were relieved that he was holding his own.

Ryuu: I didn't even see him move!

Alise: Wow, he's fast!

Kaguya: I may only have one eye left, but even then I should have seen something.

Syr: That boy's amazing...

Bell continued avoiding his attacks before Bete got fed up with him.

Bete: Oi, you just gonna run all night?!

Bell: If you're having trouble keeping up, why dont I make this easier. I won't move from this spot. If you touch me once, then you win.

A tick mark appeared on the wolf's head before he charged in again.

Bete: DON'T YOU UNDERESTIMATE ME!!!

Before his attack landed, Bell's body shook before an odd, purple aura surrounded him. Bete was surprised as his attacks just went through him.

Customer A: What the hell is that?

Finn: This isn't looking good. The throbbing is getting worse.

Tione: Should we stop them?

Finn: I dont know, but Bete's digging himself deeper into something.

Ais: (How is that boy so strong? We should have known if a person as good as him existed.)

Ais was lost in thought about the boy as everyone continued watching. Bete's attacks kept missing before he started to get worn out.

Bell: What's wrong, tired already?

Bete: Just... shut up.

Bell: My turn.

He smiled before going on the offensive.

Bell was still zooming around at speeds even the elites of the Loki familia could not follow. He dealt Bete blow after blow before the wolf was on his last legs.

Bell: Ready to give up and apologize?

Bete: You wish...

With that, Bell decides to end the fight with one last strike to his stomach.

Bete fell to the ground and Bell was considered the winner of the fight. Although, he was still a person without a falna so hitting someone as strong as level 6 left him with some bloody knuckles and sore hands. This concerned the girl who was saved by him.

Syr: I'm so sorry, if it weren't for me you wouldn't have had to fight and hurt yourself.

Bell: It's fine, I'll just clean this and be good as new.

Alise: That was an amazing fight! The way you turned the tables on him was great!

Bell was flattered by the praise he got from everyone while he turned out the cries of people losing some money betting against him. Before he could walk back in, the prum captain had a few words for him.

Finn: Young man, I would like to apologize in place of Bete.

Bell: Just put a tighter leash on your dog. A girl almost got hurt because of it.

Riveria: We will be sure to punish him properly.

Bell: If that's all, then I'll be returning to eat my dinner.

Finn: Wait, before you go, could you tell us which familia you belong to?

This had everyone's attention as they wanted to know what god was lucky enough to have this boy.

Bell: Sorry to say, but I'm not in a familia right now.

This shocked everyone as a first class had lost to someone without a falna.

Tiona: You beat him without a blessing, incredible!

Lefiya: That can't be!

Gareth: You're something else, boy.

Bell: Thanks?

Finn: If that's the case, why don't you come join the Loki familia?

Bell: Sorry, but I was denied by your guards earlier today. If my looks are all someone needs to say if I'm in or out of the familia then I have no interest in joining.

Everyone was silent at this as someone denied an invitation to one of the top familias in the city.

Finn: And there's no way to change your mind?

Bell: I'm afraid not.

Finn: Well that's too bad. In any case, if you have any request of us we'll be willing to accept whatever it is to make up for tonight.

Bell: I'll keep that in mind.

Finn: We'll be taking our leave then, sorry for all the trouble.

With that, they left with an unconscious Bete with them. Bell walked back in and was met with a dwarven woman.

Mia: So, you're the boy who helped one of my girls?

Bell: I am, sorry for the trouble outside.

Mia: Nonsense, I should be thanking you for stepping in for her. As a thank you, I'll cut your bill in half for tonight.

Bell sweat dropped at this but took what he could get from her.

Mia: By the way, names Mama Mia and I'm the owner of this pub.

Bell: Bell Cranel, it's a pleasure.

They smiled at each other before Bell got to eating his food. The night went on as many of the waitresses got back to work. As much as they wanted to talk with him, the night was still young and they had tables to serve. Luckily for them, Bell had rented a room for the night so they planned to speak with him in the morning. As Bell settled his things and went to sleep, he thought about how glad he was that he didn't have to hunt people anymore. Saving people in need was his calling no matter where he was and he would never be able to escape helping people in need. Sadly for him, he would have to deal with waitresses with a thousand questions for him in the morning. He shook a little before covering himself in the bedsheets and going to sleep.

AN: That's it for this chapter. I caught a lucky break this week and a bunch of my classes got canceled so I should have time to write. The next chapter of Embers is coming up next so hopefully I can get it out tomorrow if all goes well. Also, I'll be putting out the harem results for this story tomorrow as well.

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you in the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 4.7K 47
The characters of Danmachi react to various worlds
1M 44.3K 61
"𝗦𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗹𝗲. 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁." 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼...
90.9K 1.2K 31
Requests to only be left on the respective chapter.