The Heart Of Their Puzzle

Av CarterIsabelle

★Sequel to 'The Missing Piece'★ 'It has been like I'm solving a puzzle. It was like, I completed the puzzle b... Mer

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Epilogue
New Book!
Another Bonus Chapter.
Another New Book!

Chapter 57

5.4K 237 107
Av CarterIsabelle

Hey guys.
I won't be able to update regularly. My Grandma is ill. I can't leave her side at all, knowing these may be her last days with me. I'm not in the right state of mind right now. I'll update when I feel good.
--------

"It's a guy. I'm gay." He said, looking down.

Boom. That's how he dropped the bomb.

Typical surprised family. Widened eyes, jaws hanging, eyebrows raised and pin drop silence.

"I was afraid you guys won't accept it. Everyone in the mafia will think I'm weak." He muttered, not looking at anyone in the eyes.

I felt scary vibes coming from somewhere. Yep. Dad looked angry. No! Furious. He glared at Marco, who looked ready to cry. I flinched when his hand twitched.

An angry Romano is never good. If you spot one, run for your life.

I stood up abruptly when he grabbed the collar of Marco's shirt suddenly. Marco's eyes widened and fear crossed his features, as he pulled him up to stand.

I didn't even notice him standing up and reaching Marco.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I exclaimed, moving forward, but someone grabbed me and held me back.

"Don't." Elonzo muttered, looking at the scene before us.

"But why is he angry?" I panicked, while struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Don't panic." He said, simply. I looked up at him.

"I'm going to sue you, if there is even a scratch on my brother." I gritted. He looked down at me, with furrowed eyebrows.

"Do you really think Dad will hurt him?" He asked.

"You can never trust someone's anger. Especially, if they are one of the Romanos." I said, giving him a deadpanned look.

Dad glared at a guilty looking Marco, for a long time.

"Do you really think that low of me, Marco?" He asked, after a while. "Or any of us for that matter?"

"N-No." Marco gulped, looking at the floor with tearful eyes. "I was just afraid."

"Afraid of your own family not accepting you?" He asked. Marco gave a shaky nod. "I'm so disappointed. That's how much you know your family? And I thought I raised you better than that?"

"I'm not questioning your parenting, Dad." Marco mumbled, looking down, not daring to make eye contact with Dad.

I would've passed out. Dad was so angry and scary. Scarier than I've ever seen him. Even worse than Elonzo's angriest expressions I've ever seen.

"What made you so afraid of people's opinions? You're the Capo's son." Dad furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't know." He said, looking away. His voice cracked. "I'm sorry."

He sniffed and wiped the tears with the back of his hand.

Something suddenly clicked, because Dad stepped back a little, taking deep breaths to calm down. He rubbed his eyes and kept them shut, heaving sighs of frustration and a little amount of sadness.

When he finally calmed down and opened them, Marco was sitting back on the couch, his elbows on his knees, his face hidden in his hands. The room was silent and all that could be heard were the occasional sniffles.

Dad looked at him and his eyes softened. Fair to say, he started looking more like Dad and not the Capo. He crouched down before Marco and pushed his hands down.

"Romeo's family kicked him out because of his sexuality. I didn't want to lose you guys and I didn't want to lose Romeo. I just didn't want to take the risk." He said, hiding his face back in his hands.

"Listen Marco. You're my son. My blood. I'm never going to kick my own son out of our lives, just because he likes guys." Dad said, softly. "I'm sorry I lost it like that but it was wrong of you to think we wouldn't support you, when all we preach is family is everything."

"I'm sorry." Marco said, wiping his tears away.

"What made you so afraid?" Dad asked again.

"We lost that deal because of this. I happened to run into Wilson, while I was out with Romeo. He cancelled the deal, after catching onto what our relation was. Mafia doesn't accept it. It makes me look weak."

"Well, that doesn't happen when you're the Capo's son. Especially, Antonio Romano's grandson. Also, good luck dealing with him." Dad said, joking at the end. Marco, obviously didn't think it was funny, because his eyes widened with fear. He rubbed his face in frustration.

Dad turned his head towards Elonzo and gave him a look, which I didn't understand. I looked up just in time, to see Elonzo nod. Elonzo picked me up and placed me back on the couch, before getting up and walking out.

What?

"I'd love to meet Romeo." Dad said, smiling.

"Me too." Ryder and Tyler said, together. I smiled when Marco nodded, smiling slightly.

"Let's go, baby." Elonzo said, now standing in the doorway, putting his gun in the waistband of his pants.

"Me?" I asked, pointing my thumb at myself.

"Who else is baby? Me?" Luciano scowled at me, before turning to Elonzo. "Can I come with you?"

Elonzo shrugged. Luciano got up and walked out while Elonzo motioned for me to get up and go with him wherever he was going. He nodded towards the door. I walked out the living room, only to see Luciano tucking his gun in his jeans.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To deal with Wilson." Elonzo said.

"Duh." Luciano added. "Retard."

I punched him.
"I don't know Mafia language." I huffed.

"Shotgun." I yelled, running to the car.

"Shit." Luciano said, running behind me.

He grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me back. Shoving me away, he ran to the passenger door.

"Kids." Elonzo shook his head, getting in the driver seat.

I pouted.

This trucker.

Wait a minute!!

I ran back inside, grabbed his bike keys and ran to the garage.

"Come on, baby. We're getting late." Elonzo said, looking at me weirdly. Luciano smirked.

"Yes, little babies sit in the backseat. Go on." He mocked. I smirked, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"I'm going on the bike." I stated, jumping on his bike.

I could've took my baby, but its more fun to see Luciano's face when I drive his.

"No way." He said, attempting to open his door. I heard a click.

Elonzo put the child lock on, smirking and pulling out.

"She isn't allowed to drive." Luciano said, throwing a tantrum.

"We don't have time for that." Elonzo stated. I followed them to the location.

"Here we are." Elonzo said, smirking slightly. I smirked too, all too excited to go on my first 'threatening a b-word' job.

"I'm so excited." Luciano smirked, already loading his gun.

"Wow. Let's go." I said, walking beside Elonzo into the building.

"Be in your scary angry role, okay?" Elonzo said, taking my hand in his.

"Nah. She's fine. That smirk makes her look crazy." Luciano said, making me scowl. Almost. "In a good way." He added, catching onto my mood.

"Good morning, sir. How may I help you?" The lady stood up to greet us.

"We're here to meet Wilson." Elonzo stated.

"Do you have an appointment, sir?" She asked, politely.

'Do you have a death wish, Ma'am?'
I wanted to ask, but didn't. I'm going to stay silent.

Observe, Evvie. Observe. Maybe Elonzo will give you a job in the Mafia.

Then I'll get in his good graces and plan a conspiracy. Then I will kill him, so I can be the Mafia Queen.

Sounds like a plan.

Luciano flicked his gun in his hand.
"Tell him Elonzo Romano is here." He said, casually.

The lady gulped, looking wide eyed at the gun. She picked up the phone, with shaky hands.

"Mr. Romano is here to meet you, sir." She said, stuttering a little. She was silent for a while.

"Okay, sir." She put it down and looked at us.

"His office is on the Fifteenth floor." She said, staring at the pen on the desk, clearly scared out of her wits.

Elonzo nodded and walked towards the elevator.

"You know, I'm not always this deadly and aggressive. Maybe we can meet again some time." Luciano winked, giving the charming playboy smirk. Practically showing the red flags.

I grabbed the back of his jacket and dragged him away.
"Really? You really think she'll want to see you again, after your little act there?" I said, shoving him, as we walked into the elevator. Elonzo just ignored us. He likes to stay away when the argument has me and Luciano on both ends.

We walked into the office, barged in- to be exact. We didn't bother to knock, just kicked the door open and entered.

"The future Capo. What brings you here?" The older man stood up, bowing a little. He smiled, but you could see he was nervous.

Elonzo stayed silent as he pulled out a wheely chair and rolled it to the middle of the office, away from the desk, motioning for me to sit.

I did, watching everything curiously. I'm so excited for this. I didn't ever realise I could have such interest for illegal stuff.

Once he made sure I was comfortable, Elonzo moved from the side of the chair and towards the desk. Luciano was standing leaning against the wall, waiting for the right moment.

"What?" The older man asked, confused, still standing.

Of course. The silence was making him more nervous and he actually started showing it.

"Why did you cancel the deal?" Elonzo asked, calmly, pulling his gun out and taking a seat. He flicked his gun casually in his hand. He sat cross legged, his right ankle resting on his left knee.

"Because we didn't see much profit." He lied, pathetically.

"Pathetic little bitch." Luciano said, with a scoff. I didn't even notice when he came to stand beside me. "It's gonna be a good show, I'm telling you."

"That's why I got the front seat." I said, grinning at him.

"The only one too." He rolled his eyes.

"Hm. Is that so?" Elonzo tilted his head to the side. "What better deal did you get? Better than the Romanos?"

Wilson stammered for words. He looked around, contemplating his options.

"I never meant to go against you and cancel the deal. But do you know about your brother?" He asked, quietly, like telling him how his brother committed a crime.

I clenched my hand into fists.

"Say some colourful words for me, will you?" I asked, looking up at Luciano. He didn't need me to make that request, he was already muttering all kind of curses under his breath.

"Hm. What did my brother do to make you cancel the deal?" Elonzo mused.

"He was out with another guy. Like a date." The older man said, probably thinking he's telling him about the misbehaviour of his younger brother.

"So he was doing what he wants. Something that definitely doesn't concern you." He said, calmly.

"It's not like that." Wilson became a nervous mess at this point. His gaze now flicking between Elonzo and his gun. Suddenly, he made eye contact with me, looking at me pleadingly.

I just smirked in return. Evil. I know and I totally love it. That's what he gets for meddling in my brother's life and making him feel bad.

Elonzo followed his gaze and turned his head to look at me.

"I didn't mean it like that." Wilson said, pleading for his life, now that the realisation hit him that he was wrong in our eyes.

"I have no intention of not doing what I came here for." Elonzo shrugged.

Wilson looked at me again, begging silently.

Lol. Why does he think I have a say in this? Elonzo is the boss.

"What do you say, Baby?" Elonzo said, turning his head to the side, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Well he's a homophobic- excuse our language-" I paused and nudged Luciano.

"Bitch." He said the word.

I continued.
"So, he should get what he deserves." I shrugged.

"Okay then." Elonzo shrugged, getting up. Wilson looked like he just saw a ghost. He froze on the spot. Elonzo grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him to the side of his desk. Applying pressure, he slammed him down against the desk while pushing his gun in his mouth.

"I think I should point it upwards, to blow your brains." Elonzo said, forcing the gun to point upwards, the point in his mouth.

Okay. That's scary.

"Mess with my family, you get killed. Simple rule that the whole Mafia and the illegal world knows." Elonzo gritted. "Then there are bastards like you, who don't have a life of their own. How idiot can you be? Messing with the Capo's son." He said. He put more pressure on his grip on his collar, his knuckles digging into his throat.

After he had scared him enough to make him tremble, he stepped back, throwing the gun in the trashcan.

"Scum saliva." He said in disgust, before turning to walk towards me. Luciano started walking in his direction. I leaned more towards my side, to see what he was doing. Elonzo was blocking the scene.

Luciano loaded his gun and pointed it to his legs, while the man trembled, leaning against the desk.

"Alright. That's enough." Elonzo said, covering my eyes with his hand. I heard two gunshots, that made me jump. I tried getting his hand off my eyes, but obviously couldn't. Wilson was groaning in pain, so I know he wasn't dead, this was just a warning.

Elonzo just led me to the door and out, while Luciano followed us, looking quite happy.

"When can I join the Mafia?" I asked, looking up at Elonzo. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked down. I could already see a No coming my way, at the speed of light.

"You want to?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I said, pouting. "When can I join?" I repeated.

"We'll see." He said. I gaped at him. He didn't say No, at least.

"Give me that." Luciano said, snatching the keys from me, when I was about to start the bike.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, before turning to Elonzo. "He's being mean." I said, with a pout.

"I'm not interfering in your matters." He said, simply, already looking bored of the drama.

"Leave me alone, trucker." I said, struggling for my life when Luciano picked me up and threw me in the car. He closed the door and Elonzo put the child lock on.

"Again, we don't have enough time." He said, shrugging.

The audacity.

I just huffed in response, crossed my arms and pouted glaring out of the window. I felt his hand on my head, before he ruffled my hair and started driving.

We reached home quickly. I pushed the front door open to see my brothers standing there.

"Romeo!" I yelled, running towards him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Oh. So the bro-in-law gets the first hugs now. Already ignoring your brothers for in-laws, are we Evvie?" Tyler scowled.

"I feel love-deprived." Ryder said, putting his hand on his heart. "Romeo is getting more love than us now."

"Wait! You've met before." Nathan pointed out.

My twin. Smart like me. Add a hair flip.

"Yeah. Marco took me to meet him." I shrugged.

"Keeping the old people aside." I waved them off. "How are you, Romeo?"

"I'm good. What about you?" He said, smiling.

"Great." I said, extending the word.

"You're staying for lunch." Dad stated, smiling.

"Yes he is." I said, smiling cheekily.

"Keeping the little baby aside, let's go eat, shall we?" Luciano said, smirking at me. I stuck my tongue out.

"Let's go Romeo. I'm your best sibling-in-law and you should definitely stay away from the grumpy-in-law." I smiled, while he chuckled.

"Did I mention I love your vocabulary?" Leo said. I just adjusted my imaginary shades and waved at my poor fan, who can't get enough attention from me.

Rest of the lunch was pretty normal. Everyone was treating Romeo, like he was another Mafia Princess. Not like the boys get treated but like I'm treated. The only difference being he just had Marco to give him physical affection. Haha. I have a whole country of people who give me hugs and cuddles.

Speaking of, today's cuddle target: the older twins.

---------

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
vehement Av isla

Tonårsromaner

54.5K 3.5K 24
Amalia Romano has been putting her heart back together, piece by piece after her high school boyfriend broke it four years ago, when he left the city...
Her Arrival Av violet ☆

Äventyrsromaner

357K 7.4K 52
She's an innocent girl who lived with her alcoholic abusive father. Her life was barley manageable, especially when she was separated from her biolog...
1.1M 20.7K 55
After her dad died and brother went missing she has always felt empty inside. Sofia and her daughter, Sienna have finally got the chance to escape fr...