Mafia: Dominic Romero |18+

By GraceAndMicaela

Mia Cohen is what you'd call a sheltered girl, she grew up with very few hardships, had a stable home and pe... More

Chapter 1- Background
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 3

5.5K 81 27
By GraceAndMicaela

Jess and I are like two peas in a pod, we share so much especially outfits, it helps that she's a model, so she gets all these fancy outfits for free or someone sends her some cool things so she can promote them on her social media, the girl is literally living the life. We are different heights, Jessi has legs for days and everything she wears is short, which isn't bad because when I wear them it's a respectable length so I'm not complaining.

I know I brought a ton of bags with outfits but sometimes nothing is better than bonding with your best friend and having her dress you and doll you up, which is exactly what I'm letting her do this evening since she has big plans for after moms party.

Jessi chose this little black dress that hugs her body in all the right places, Jessi is mixed if I haven't mentioned, so you know those babies have the best of each parent, she's got melanin that glows in a sense you wonder what's her skin routine but there is none because it's just genetics ?, sun-kissed from the Gods I tell you. she's got sand brown eyes. The fair brown eyes that glow just right with tanned skin, natural curls no frizz.
she could wear it straight or curly and pull off each look just as good as the next, lashes so long you would swear it creates its own wind some would swear it's falsies but she's just blessed I guess, with high cheekbones, petite body and height 6ft tall that feels like it's all legs when you see her.

She topped her outfit with some red heels that matched her nails and toes. Her hair curly and pinned up in parts with some curls still loose around her face and lastly red lips to finish the look off.

One thing about Jessi's presentation is everything to her, she just knows how to present herself, I'm honestly in such awe of her. Like shit that's my best friend!

Not to mention the major benefit is to have a friend who knows how to transform even my sloth self into something magnificent if I do say so myself.

She dressed me up in this almost navy blue Colour satin fitted dress with a slit up to my thigh. The dress was quite short but went over my arse and hugged all my curves in all the right ways, honestly made me feel like a baddie.

Not to mention the color complimenting my eyes, the navy blue somehow made my green eyes pop. I paired the dress with some silver heels approved by Jessi and she kept my face almost natural just some blush and lipstick.

I was pretty impressed.

We left my hair as is straight but messy and we headed down the road, to my parent's home, where we heard Tom giving his speech about; how he's a mommy's boy and that she deserves the world which isn't wrong, mom was a go-getter! My dad and her were the duo pair, him being a cop and her being a lawyer for the DA, they were a match made in law, sometimes even worked on cases together. Our parents gave us everything, financially and emotionally, surprisingly family life was well adjusted. Can't say I have daddy issues or a broken home.

Got quite lucky in that aspect of life.
As Thomas announces he got a gift for my parents and it's the best gift he thinks he could've gotten them, hoping I'm on the other side of the door I'm sure because embarrassing if I wasn't.

I step inside and my mom immediately drops down and tears up, my dad holds her as they share a tender moment, you would swear I came back from war at how dramatic my family is when I've literally been working away for two years with multiple FaceTime calls and even just normal calls, but no my family acts as if I've been missing for 2years straight. I suppose in a sense it's because we're a tight-knit family and I'm the baby, so I guess it just hit harder.

"Surprise mom and dad," I say in a happy yet awkward manner, simply because they're crying and I just don't know how to act when people cry. I'm not your typical soft girl if that wasn't obvious. The mushy stuff isn't really my scene. Thomas always said I'm cold-blooded but I show love so I don't know what he's on about.

My mom nearly runs me over and hugs me so long, it actually brought me so much joy, I whispered in her ear "happy birthday mom"
She eventually pulls away and says "this is probably the best gift I could've ever asked for, having all my kids under one roof again. I couldn't be happier."

I find my dad and hug him my arms wrapped around his waist and he covers me like a bear hug, I snuggle against him, "I missed you the most dad"

Of cause moms, supersonic hearing hears that and she scolds me saying "hey!! It's my birthday young lady! How dare you miss your dad more"
I smile as if I'm not sorry but I say I am anyways " you know what I meant mom"

She rolls her eyes "yeah whatever, once a daddy's girl, always a daddy's girl"

My dad is grinning and I'm giggling, when dad finally says "you have Tom, darling"
I add on " yeah but I'm the favorite"

Tom scowls "Clearly the favorite is back"

"Jealous?" I say with the biggest smile.

But Tom has to have the last say "should've left you in Cali"
And as it leaves his mouth my mother swats his arm "don't you dare say that to your sister, we're so happy she's here"

I stick my tongue out at him, he's just jealous our mom is making a fuss of me. He's used to being the favorite while I was away.
I leave soon after because I'm not getting into any childish fights with Tom, we're no longer 8/10.

So I start doing my rounds to greet the rest of the family, the first couple I get to are my Godparents Aunt Ariel and Uncle Franco aka Ari and Frank, they're my parent's long-time friends and my favorites.

Aunt Ariel is so happy to see me she hugs me so long before pulling away she looks at me with tears in her waterline I can see if she blinks now they'll come falling down, " it's so lovely to see you, this was probably the best surprise for your family but for us too! You know I've always thought of you as my daughter I never had, I'm so happy you're here" and she hugs me again which I'm sure is cause she missed me but also so I don't see those tears fall.
She pats under her eyes with her middle finger, so she doesn't mess up her makeup.

"You have always been the cool god mom I run to when no one else understands me," I say comforting her.
She uses my soft moment with her to bring up her one and only son.
She clears her throat and states ever so naturally " you know, you could just be with Logan and we can officially be family, like blood, I'd love you as my real daughter" I smile awkwardly
When thankfully Uncle Frank interrupts her and jokingly says "oh love, you know she deserves better than our boy"
"She's fit for a king" he continues

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh, "you think way too highly of me uncle Frank"

"Oh hush, that's easy, you've always been the apple of our eyes, I hope we get to spend some time with you before you jet off again for who knows how long this time," aunt Ariel says with longing as if she's genuinely hoping I'm going to be around for a bit.

I take Ari's pinky in mine " I promise we will." And we both kiss our hands and let go, we've done this since I was a kid and every time we've done it, the promise has never been broken. I think as a full-blown 21year old now it's still the purest form of trust for me.
And as we're about to depart and I continue my rounds
Uncle frank interrupts "oh and Mia ?"
"Yes, uncle frank?"
"Stay away from the company our boy Logan keeps, ok? They're undeserving of you Tesoro. " he plants a kiss on my forehead.
I swear with people like them I'll never settle for these men in the world.
Thinking about what uncle frank said ... what is Logan into that his own dad had to warn me.
With that, your sister pinches your arm.
"Hey!!" I say with anguish, I don't know Davina doesn't know how to express herself like a normal person.

"Ah! Prodigal daughter returns, when were you going to tell me."  Davina says with a mischievous tone and a hint of sarcasm

" Are you gonna give me a hug or are you too tough for hugs ?" I tease her, she's always got this tough girl act, I've only ever seen her soft with Leah. I guess that's what love does to people. Make them vulnerable and soft. Can't say I know the feeling, but seems like a liability if you ask me.

And I get what you're thinking; what girl doesn't want love or what man scorned you that you're anti it. It's not that I'm anti it, I just have better goals than the white picket fence dream. I want to run the world and I won't get to do that if I'm simping for a man who could break me at any moment if love makes you that vulnerable. It seems like a waste of time and loads of tears.

I've never really been boy crazy. I used to crush on my brother's friend Logan in high school which you guessed is uncle Frank's son, but it's been nothing more than a high school crush and it's probably because he was my knight in shining armor, always having my back like Tom and I guess because he was the school bad boy but always a gentleman with me, maybe mostly because I was Toms little sister.

I've never had a boyfriend either I've just been driven with my studies and trying to get my foot in the door with the interior industry and it's not because I can't get a guy or guys haven't tried it's just I have ambitions and I won't get distracted from my goals for a guy.

Davina pulls me into a tight squeeze, " I have missed you brat, I hope you took over California while you were there."

"I wish" I smile and squeeze her a little tighter
"Where's Leah?" I ask

"In case you haven't heard we're trying to get pregnant, so she's at home resting. We did artificial insemination, so we're hoping it takes and as you know I couldn't miss moms birthday or I'll never hear the end of it, so I'm solo tonight," she explains

"Yay!! You guys are gonna be the best parents, that's amazing news! I'm so happy for you guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out how it should."
I can't help but be excited for her! My sister is growing her family. She's gotten loads of shit about her sexuality but I'm so happy that it all worked out. She married the love of her life and is now on her way to growing her family.

The sound of a spoon hitting a glass echos the dining room to grasp everyone's attention and stops us in our tracks as my mother's voice commands the room.
"Please find your seats, starters, and then dinner will be served shortly."

Just as Davina and I head for our seats, our gold-digging snobby cousin decides now is the time for a show.

"Hi, cousin, nice of you to acknowledge that your family still exists." Kiara spits out with disgust.

"Excuse me? I very well acknowledge my family, I'm away for work? Something you wouldn't know anything about." I say with slight frustration, can't let off that she actually just pisses me off by being in my space.

"Yeah, not all of us can leech off our parents and live a life like Paris Hilton," Davina says in agreement with me.

"What a pity, your parents cut you off, so you have to work like middle-class peasants." She says proudly as if that was a burn.

"Not the case, the Cohens just know how to work for what we want and how to invest." I don't even know why I have to defend our family from this rash.

"We also don't sell ourselves to rich men and suck them dry." Davina states, cocking her one eyebrow and I can't help but giggle, was not expecting Davina to low blow Aunt Bethany's way of making money.

"How could you? You're a carpet muncher, men aren't exactly your type." Kiara bites back, looks like she came prepared to be a bitch today.

"Piss off" I state clearly Agro with this whole encounter and as if matters couldn't get worse, Kiara's twat of a mom Bethany shows up just in the Knick of time to start stirring up more shit.

"Now now is that any way to talk to your cousin Mia! Has your mother raised you without manners?" Bethany says with a twinkle in her eye as if she's showing up my mom. She acts as if they have all the manners she talks about.

"Also you should cover up Mia darling, looking a little desperate for male attention."

Just as I'm about to lose my mind, our savior my favourite uncle in the whole world comes to rescue us.

"Not as desperate as you, Bethany darling and you're what? Thrice Mia's age which is appalling. Didn't your mother teach you how to dress age-appropriate? Leave the cleavage to the young folk." Harry says with the nicest tone possible, you'd almost miss that he was putting her in her place.

Aunt Bethany and her spawn push up their noses and walk off as if we're beneath them and clearly had no come back for ol uncle Harry.

"Hello girls, don't my nieces look stunning this evening! Mia, you're a sight for sore eyes, ignore old hag Bethany, she's just upset she's getting older and struggling to find husband number 5." He says with the biggest grin and moves his arms around mine and Davina's shoulders.

"I'm sure then she could pimp Kiara out," Davina says with disapproval. I mean it's not our place to judge but being with a man sleeping with him just for his money, just doesn't sit right with us, also that like so many of them all of a sudden drop dead, and she collects the insurance payout just seems a little sus.

"Damn put the claws away Dav, let's get seated before your mom has a fit." He chuckles and leads us to our seats. Pulling them out and everything. I'll never understand why uncle Harry isn't married, he's really the best kind of man around, any woman would be lucky to have him if he ever decides to date, anyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 171K 92
Dominic Valentine (pronounced Valen-teen) Giossi was the head of a very powerful Italian crime syndicate based in Little Italy...New York. At 30 yea...
689K 13.7K 49
*MATURE CONTENT* Book 1 of The Romanoff Series The following story follows the life of Russian Mob Boss Nadei Romanoff and his wife Nicole Marie Ra...
107K 1.9K 47
He's a king She's a queen Dominico has been watching her for years, Elvira has always known he was watching, He's dangerous, intimidating, but charmi...
2.5M 69.5K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...