There's Always A Reason (Nial...

By vinylhoran

Lana James loses everything she has ever known as her best friend loses his battle against cancer and leaves... More

One: Diagnosed
Two: Tattoo Me
Three: Unwanted Goodbye
Four: Surprise
Five: Concert
Six: After Party
Seven: I Can't Stop Missing You
Eight: Management
Nine: Truth or Dare?
Ten: First Date
Eleven: Airport
Twelve: Take Me Home
Thirteen: Will You?
Fifteen: Saved Each Other
Sixteen: New Years Eve
Seventeen: Give Me Love
Eighteen: Same Mistakes
Nineteen: Fear Is What It Really Is
Twenty: Small Bump
Twenty One: Wake Me Up
Twenty Two: Harry's New Girl/ Valentines Day
Twenty Three: Back For You
Not a chapter. Update to come this weekend.
Twenty Four: 5 Seconds of What?
Authors Note
Twenty Five: Alone
NEW STORY
Twenty Six: Just Us
Twenty Seven: Epilouge
helloooo <3
hi guys!

Fourteen: Nothing's Fine I'm Torn

1K 21 1
By vinylhoran

Lana's P.O.V.

---2 Days Later---

I wake up in the middle of the night with Niall's arms in their usual place, wrapped securely around me. I feel the familiar feeling arise in my stomach and quickly, but carefully so I don't wake Niall, remove myself from his grasp and bolt to the bathroom.

I must have tripped over Liam, who was asleep on the floor.

I make it to the bathroom in time but Liam follows me and with a panicked look on his face he holds my hair back from my face and rubs my back.

The entire contents of my stomach makes a reappearance. As I finish puking into the toilet I start to cry. Liam gets a wet cloth and wipes my face off, then sits on the floor next to me and pulls me into his lap. He doesn't say anything he just lets me be for a while, rocking me back and forth.

"Don't tell Niall." I whisper in a raspy voice after I finally settle down enough to speak.

"Lana... What if you're really sick?" Liam whispers.

Tears start to stream down my face. "I don't know Liam. I'm just scared just don't tell Niall. Please..."

"I won't. But you have to, soon. If this keeps happening." He replies.

"I will.. Tomorrow..." I whisper as I see Harry's face peer into the bathroom.

"Did it happen again Lana?" He asks in a small voice.

I nod and he comes to sit next to Liam and I. He kisses my forehead.

"I promise when we get back to the U.S. we will get you the doctors you need..." Harry whispers, pulling my hair out of my face and braiding it down my back.

"No you don't need too.." I start to say.

"No love. We have too. For you. For Niall. You're part of this family now. We will always keep you safe and give you anything you need." Liam whispers pressing his lips to my temple.

I close my eyes and fall asleep in Liam's arms with Harry's hand holding mine.

----------------The Next Morning------------------

I'm awoken by Niall giving a startled yelp as he comes across Liam, Harry and I on the bathroom floor.

"What's going on...?" He asks.

Liam turns to me, still blinking sleep from his eyes and I feel Harry's hand grip mine tighter.

"Niall..." I whisper my voice still cracking and hoarse. "Come sit with me."

He does and I suddenly feel cold. Niall gives me a confused look as I curl myself deeper into Liam for warmth. I take a deep breath considering how to tell him.

"Niall. I'm sick." I say.

I watch his face fall. "W-What do you mean?"

I turn to Harry, he nods.

"Look mate. A few days after your first date I found Lana unconscious on the floor in her room. I mean she obviously came around but I brought her to a hospital. But they couldn't find anything wrong with her. And the doctors that worked at that particular hospital were jerks anyway. But we've been keeping it on the down low because it's not a bid deal. Just something small or we hope. But when we get back to the states in a few days we are goint to bring her to the best hospital in the state. And everything will be okay again." Harry whispers the last part as I watch the tears form in Niall's eyes.

"Lana why didn't you tell me...?" He asks looking slightly  hurt.

"I-I was scared. I thought if I didn't tell you then maybe it would just go away, like it wasn't real..." I whisper, kissing Liam on the cheek then crawling into Niall's lap.

"I'm sorry." I whisper quietly. Barely loud enough for myself to hear.

Niall shakes his head, trying to get rid of his tears and I wipe a few away. "I love you..." he whispers pressing his lips to my forehead.

I press myself further into him for more warmth and suddenly his forehead jerks up off of mine.

"Let's go. Right now. Pack your bags. We're heading to the states." Niall says lifting me up in his arms and carrying me into his room.

He sets me down on his bed and pulls a sweatshirt out of his closet and handing it to me along with some leggings. I lazily pull them on and redo the braid that Harry did for me last night. I quickly roll on some deodorant as Niall grabs items from all around the room and throws them into our suitcases.

Liam comes in and lifts me off the bed.

"I can walk you know you guys." I laugh lightly.

Liam gives me a stern look then sets me down on my feet.

I step into view of the mirror and see how lifeless my face looks.

I unzip Niall's sweatshirt and see how skinny I really have become. Worse than when I wasn't eating. I pull up my t-shirt revealing each and every one of my ribs and hip bones.

Niall walks out of his room carrying our suitcases and I go to follow him but trip over my own feet. Liam catches me and I sigh.

"Fine, carry me." I whisper as he picks me up bridal style and carries me downstairs and into the kitchen and sets me on the counter.

"Here. Eat some of these." He whispers handing me some crackers. I give him a look.

"Please Lana. You've got to fight back against whatever it is. For Niall...." Liam's eyes grow sad. "For me.." He whispers kissing my cheek and walking out of the kitchen to finish packing.

I nibble on a few crackers and Louis wanders into the kitchen and stands in front of me.

"Hey Lou...." I whisper.

"Lana, I love you okay? You're gonna be fine. Don't worry when and even if you wake up in the hospital in a few days me the boys and El will all be there. I promise." He says pulling me into a hug.

"Thanks Lou. I love you too. Where is El?" I whisper in his ear as he pulls back.

"She had to go home for a gig. She'll be there though don't worry." Louis says as Zayn walks in.

"Damn. I could use a cigerette." He mumbles under his breath.

"Zayn. No." I shout giving him a stern look.

"Alright, alright. Come on. Niall, Liam and Harry are waiting for you." He says lifting me off the counter.

"What about you? And Lou?" I say as Zayn closes the front door.

"Don't worry bub, we're flying out tomorrow. Lou wants to meet El for her flight but he didn't want to go alone. So I'm going with him. Besides, hospitals aren't my favorite place." Zayn replies quietly as Liam opens the passenger door and he places me in the seat.

I kiss Lou and Zayn on the cheek giving them each hugs before Liam closes the door and I buckle my seatbelt. Liam and Harry climb into the backseat and Niall into the drivers seat and we take off down the road. I consider everything it could be, it could be as simple as my appendix throwing off my diet and everything or it could be worse.

I close my eyes and press my forehead to the cool glass of the window. After a few minutes I open my eyes and watch the countryside pass for a while. Then I turn to watch Niall drive. He takes my hand in his and squeezes it.

"I love you Niall." I whisper.

"I love you too princess." He whispers back,

And that's the last thing I remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V.

"I love you Niall." I hear Lana whisper.

"I love you too princess.." Niall whispers back.

And then Lana passes out again. I hear Niall gasp and his foot hits the floor as we speed the rest of the way to the airport. Niall pulls up to a terminal and we all jump out. Liam grabs Lana and Niall goes to get the suitcases but I stop him.

"Niall they don't matter. Lou can bring them for us." I say.

He nods and sprints into the airport with me following him.

"Come on!" Liam yells from ahead of us.

We run after him and slide through security easily. As soon as we settle down the flight takes off and we're headed back to New York. Lana's eye still haven't opened again and all three of us are starting to get worried. I watch Niall as he lays his head in his hands.

I try to catch what he's saying but miss it because the girl on my right finally realizes that I'm Harry Styles and that I'm sitting next to her and she screeches.

I spend the next 12 hours trying to get her to stop crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's P.O.V.

I watch Niall put his head in his hands next to me.

His body gives a violent shake and I know he's crying. 

"Niall... She's going to be okay. We've called ahead. We made sure she's getting the best doctors out there. Everything is going to be fine. I promise." I whisper to him. 

He turns to me with red puffy eyes and gives me a sad smile.

"I'm so s-scared Liam. There's always a chance she won't wake up  you know..." He says, it's barely audible but I still hear it.

My heart drops, and I feel my eyes water. She's my best friend. I can't lose her.

"Whatever happens, we will always have each other." I say squeezing his shoulder.

He nods and I pull him in for an awkward sideways hug. Then Niall pulls out his iPhone and plugs in his headphones and I watch him put on the song Terrible Things by Mayday Parade.

------------

The 12 hour plane ride seems to last for 20 minutes.

We land and to my dismay Lana's eyes haven't re-opened. Niall lifts her from her seat and bolts for the door, with Harry and I not far behind him. He pushes his was through crowds of people and me and Harry wave down a taxi. We jump in, helping Niall carefully get Lana into the vehicle without hitting her head. I give the driver the address we were given over the phone and then we are left to wait again.

Lana's eyes remain closed.

I hear Niall start to hum Moments while pressing his lips to Lana's temple. 

"Please wake up.. Please." He whispers into her ear.

Then it happened. Almost as if Niall's voice was the only connection Lana had to the real world. Her eyes flutter open, revealing the piercing blue that I missed so badly over the last 13 hours.

"Lana..." I breath a sigh of relief and take one of her hands in mine. Squeezing it tight and not letting go until we reach the hospital.

Niall just keeps kissing her. On the lips, on the nose, on the cheek, on the temple. Anywhere on her face. She smiles lightly but still doesn't seem awake. We find the doctors that are supposed to be taking care of Lana and they come rushing to us placing Lana on a bed an as they start to roll her away we walk beside her. 

I bend down and plant a kiss on her cheek.

"You're strong babe. I love you. You can make it through this whatever it is." I tell her while breaking away from her grasp.

"I love you Liam." She whispers as I step back and watch Niall walk with her through the double doors then come back a few minutes later.

"Now we wait..." He whispers, sitting down in the chair next to where I was currently sitting.

I look at his face and the bags under his eyes. We've gone longer than a day without sleep but Niall looked like he was about to die of sleep deprivation.

"Niall.. Sleep. I know that it will be hard. But time will pass by quicker." I tell him. 

He turns to me and nods, getting up and walking to a bench a few feet away and sprawling out on it.

I watch Harry begin to pace with his head facing the floor. "Harry.. Why don't you go get us some food. It'll give you something to do." I say to him.

He stops mid stride and looks up at me, then he nods his head and disappears down the corridor. 

I pull out my phone and quickly send out a tweet, knowing our fans will help me relax a bit.

"Hey guys, our friend Lana is in the hospital. We don't know what's wrong or how long it will take and  I'm here with Niall and Harry waiting. Please #PrayForLana." I tweet.

I instantly get a few replies. "She the one from the MSG Concert? Niall's new girl? Tell him I love him and I'm going to #PrayForLana." one girl says.

I smile at how easy it is for our girls to be happy for us when we find someone new. 

Harry comes back with some food and I lightly shake Niall awake and he stays up long enough to devour a sandwich, then he passes out again. Harry falls asleep on me, and within an hour I'm asleep too.

----2 Hours Later-----

"Sir? Sir wake up." A doctor says shaking me.

"What? Um yeah. Can I help you?" I say shaking Harry awake and throwing a napkin at Niall to wake him up.

"Well we took quite a few tests and discovered a small mass on her stomach and that her appendix was inflamed, we operated on both and took them out. She is out of surgery. She's awake actually. Would you like to see her?" He asks.

Niall jumps up. "Of course we would!" 

We follow the doctor down a hallway and take a right turn into a small room.

Lana sits slightly groggy looking in her bed waiting for a nurse to leave.

"Lana.." Niall breaths running over to the side of her bed.

She gives him an odd look. The she notices me and Harry, and her face changes.

"I-I'm.. What.." She tries to say but due to anastesia is still unable to form a real sentence.

"Shh. Lana we're here now it's okay." Niall says taking her hand.

She shakes her head and closes her eyes.

"What's wrong love?" Niall asks quietly.

She opens her eyes and gives us all a longing glance.

"None of you are Aaron..." She whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS I HAD NO IDEA WHERE THIS WAS GOING UNTIL I WROTE IT. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS GOING TO MAKE LANA SICK YAY. I FINALLY HIT OVER 50 READS. THATS A GOOD MILESTONE. IM TO LAZY TO EDIT TONIGHT. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE ITTTT:)

p.s. i got into a fight with my bestfriend this week so updates might be a little slow until i resolve things with him. ugh my heart is aching.

Later Lovelies<3

-HayloHoran-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
Us By Leona Riley

Short Story

26 0 26
A teenage girl meets a really hot guy who ends up to be her best friend's cousin and they live happily ever after. But what if it isn't as happy as i...
56.2K 1.6K 38
[COMPLETED] Liam Payne and Niall Horan of One Direction are best mates, anyone can see that, but is something between them hidden? Louis Tomlinson ha...
28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...