The Red Queen (Editing)

By lightning1057

The Eldest daughter of Floki the Boatbuilder becomes the best friend of the sons of Ragnar. She goes with the... More

Meet the Characters
Prologue
Invasion
Treachery
Eye for an Eye
Answers in Blood
Unforgiven
Blood Eagle
Boneless
The Lord's Prayer
Act 2
Mercenary
Warrior's Fate
Scarred
The Userper
Born Again
Breaking Point
Act 3
A Good Treason
Kill the Queen
Mercy
Yol
Promised
What Might Have Been
The Profit and the Loss
Portage
The Last Ship
The Outsider
The Vision
Two Journeys
In the Uncertain Hour Before the Morning
All His Angels
Crossings
The Great Army
Revenge
On the Eve
The Reckoning
Act 4
The Departed Pt1
The Departed Pt2
Homeland
The Plan
The Message
Full Moon
The Joke
A Simple Story
Moments of Vision
The Revelation
Murder Most Foul
A New God
The Lost Moment
Hell
The Buddha
The Most Terrible Thing
Baldur and Yrsa
What Happens in the Cave
Ragnarok
Act 5
New Beginnings
The Prophet
Ghosts, Gods, and Running Dogs
All the Prisoners
The Key
Death and The Serpent
The Ice Maiden
Valhalla Can Wait
Resurrection
The Best Laid Plans
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

The Prisoner

1.5K 29 0
By lightning1057

You held a torch in hand as you led the way underground. Ivar came up beside you, looking up the metal grate and smirked after seeing warriors through the small holes.

So far, the plan was working.

Upon Ivar's command, the men set up the ladders leading back to York. He placed a finger to his lips, quieting the noise your men were making.

You looked to Ivar and smirked as you placed a kiss upon his lips. "I love you."

"I love you to, my little dove. Now, make me proud."

You nodded and waved your shield maidens forward.

Climbing the ladder, with the help of your warriors, you lifted the heavy metal grate and pushed it to the side, revealing yourselves to the Saxons.

"Boo!" You said, seeing a few of them jump as you began to laugh.

People became screaming as they watch you grin and climb through, the Saxon warriors pulling out their swords.

You heard Ivar shout from below as you and the others began to attack. The men climbed through, just in time to witness you slit a man's throat.

While shield maidens around you shot arrows at anyone who dared try to kill you, you were fighting the Christians like a mother bear that was protecting her cubs and in this case, your cubs were your people.

A few civilians had been brought back into York, only giving more sacrifices to please the gods.

As people helped Ivar through the sewers, he grinned as he watched you attack, blood already covering you.

"CHARGE!!" Your lover roared, the rest of his men running forward as he pulled out his axe, throwing it and killing a man before pulling out more weapons.

You laughed, watching King Aethelwulf try to fight and get past the people who were trying to run.

You were surprised when he managed to start fighting. He really was a strong warrior for a spoiled king.

When Hvitserk began to fight Aethelwulf, you weren't to concerned, knowing Hvitserk was a strong warrior.

You dodged an attack, stabbing the man in the gut and ripping your sword out.

Seeing one of your men attacking Alfred, you frowned. During the days you had spent in Wessex when Alfred was young, you had grown to care for the curious boy and ran over, slitting your warriors throat.

Alfred was shocked as he stared at you, remembering you from years ago. He stared at you from the ground in confusion, wondering why you had saved him.

You said nothing as you helped the boy up and gave him one of his men's shields that lay on the ground for his own shield had broken.

As you ran off to kill more of his people, the young man didn't stop you. He stared after you in wonder before he soon got back to fighting.

-

Now, you stood with Ivar on the wall, his free arm wrapped around your waist as you watched the fight.

Bishop Heahmend stood in the centre of a large circle while everyone fought around him. Any Vikings that managed to get through the barrier was instantly killed by the new Bishop. He was a fine warrior, that one.

"Give the command, my love."

You nodded. "SPEARS!!"

Your men that had once been fighting backed off, grabbing spears. Upon the swing of your sword, they threw the spears, the Saxons that had been hit being pinned to the ground, now dead.

You and Ivar both laughed at the sight as more Vikings ran into the circle only to be killed by Heahmend again.

The man of god went as far as trampling one of your shield maidens with his horse.

You chuckled as you watch his horse go down after being killed, taking Heahmend with it.

"STOP FIGHTING!" Ivar shouted in Norse as Heahmend jumped to his sword and swung at the men while Ivar repeated himself.

Heahmend stared up at you and Ivar, sword drawn, face covered in blood.

"Give him my horse." Ivar said, repeating himself again as Heahmend fell to his knees, breathing heavily, his sword stabbed into the dirt. "He is to great a warrior to fight on foot."

Looking to your lover in confusion, he said nothing as he pulled you closer, watching as his horse was brought out for the Bishop.

As the man of god stood, he began to laugh quietly, mock-bowing to you and Ivar.

You both bowed back, grins on your faces.

Heahmend got on his horse, nodding to Ivar.

Ivar raised his knife, swinging it down within seconds.

Now, the fight was starting again as everyone continued to kill each other.

Heahmend was soon dragged off the horse, causing you to laugh as you followed Ivar down to the battlefield.

You both walked through the crowd, the people making a path as you soon stood in front of Heahmend. You handed your sword to Ivar who pointed it at Heahmend's chest.

"HEATHENS!" The Bishop shouted in his language

You and Ivar laughed at this, your people joining in.

"Christian." Ivar replied with a grin

You signalled for Heahmend to be taken away as you and Ivar walked away as well.

-

Now, you were all gathered in the church, a weak and shivering Heahmend laying on the floor as the storm outside grew worse.

Ivar slithered in like a snake as he quickly moved toward you. He rested his head on your lap for a small moment, checking the wound on your side. During the battle, you hadn't noticed that you had been injured due to the rush and adrenaline of it all.

After seeing that it was healing nicely, Ivar placed a small kiss on your hand.

"Are you alright? How do you feel? Do you need to rest?" He asked

"I'm alright for now, my love. Just sore." You promised

He nodded and smiled at you before slithering toward Heahmend.

Your lover grinned, the lightening making him scarier then he normally was to everyone.

-

Sitting with Ivar, his bodyguard came over as you ate.
"The Saxon army, or what remains of it, has abandoned their camp and left." The guard said

Ivar nodded and dismissed him as you sighed

"If you two would like to, we can pursue them and destroy them." Ivar offered to you and Hvitserk.

"I think we have more important things to do." Hvitserk sighed as you nodded.

"I agree, darling." You told Ivar

"Yes. We must look to Kattegat." Hvitserk said. "What if Ubbe kills Lagertha, or persuades her to crown him King? The loss of our home base would be a devastating blow. We need to sort things out. We must kill Ubbe and Lagertha, and you must be crowned King of Kattegat, and make Astrid your Queen."

At this, your eyes widened. Queen? No. You were just the daughter of a carpenter nothing more. Ivar smirked at the thought of marrying you. How happy life would be when he would be able to call you 'wife'.

"You are making more and more sense, my brother!" Ivar smirked, deciding to wait until later to mention you being his Queen. "Good man. I remember also that King Harald has an ambition of invading Kattegat. In the short term, we should make an alliance and work with him."

"So, this time, we will truly quit York?" You asked

"Yes, my little dove. Though we will leave a big enough garrison to keep it safe until our return. Hmm?" Ivar said with a chuckle

"And What of our prisoner? This Bishop." Hvitserk sighed

"Well, what do you propose, Hvitserk?" Ivar asked

"He seems like an important man, we could offer him back to the Saxons for a great ransom."

"Or we could crucify him. That would be fun." You laughed

And this, both men chuckled as you all continued to eat.

-

You sat upon Ivar's lap as you all sailed back to Kattegat. Ivar had brought along Bishop Heahmend, surprisingly. You listened to his praying and scoffed before looking back out to sea.

"So, is this an interruption of your journey? Or is it a part of it?" Ivar asked Heahmend. "What do you think?"

You turned Ivar away from the praying Bishop with a sigh.

"My love." He hummed. "What if we were to marry? Would that make you happy?"

"So happy, Ivar. More then you would ever understand." You replied as you laid your head on his shoulder

"Then marry me." Ivar whispered to you

"Of course, my darling." You replied with a smile nearly as big as Ivar's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 444 17
BOOK 2 Rán will do anything to go back and fix what she broke, the only problem? She has no idea how to get back. (UNEDITED)
5.8K 161 19
You embark on the adventure that is the raid of all raid. Ragnar's death was only a blessing in it brought together all of Scandinavia. You decide to...
8.6K 177 43
Ragnar, his wife and their sons Ivar and Hvitserk travel to the kingdom of Myrhult in Sweden to form an alliance with King Valtar, and celebrate the...
248K 6K 37
When Torhild returns home after a two year long training as shieldmaiden she finds out that everything is changed. Not only is her mother queen of Ka...