Aurora Barbossa (A Pirates of...

By Melanie_Rosen

Jack Sparrow was not the only one who made a deal with Davy Jones to become Captain of the Black Pearl. Barbo... More

Chapter 1 Loyalty
Chapter 2 On Board the Black Pearl
Chapter 3 Bootstrap's Suspicions
Chapter 4 A Daughter's Betrayal
Chapter 5 First Recruit
Chapter 7 Sea Mistress
Chapter 8 Father Daughter Reunion
Chapter 9 My Plan For Freedom
Chapter 10 Nightmares
Chapter 11 The Heart That Rules the Seas
Chapter 12 A Necessary Betrayal
Chapter 13 The Nightmare Returns
Chapter 14 New Plan
Chapter 15 Curiosity
Chapter 16 Escape
Chapter 17 Reunited
Chapter 18 Treachery
Chapter 19 Journey to the Locker
Chapter 20 Lady Becket
Chapter 21 Maternal Verses Paternal Advice
Chapter 22 Return to the Dutchman
Chapter 23 The Right Thing
Chapter 24 Prepare for Battle
Chapter 25 Fear Death
Chapter 26 Part of the Ship
Epilogue

Chapter 6 Jack Sparrow

13.9K 398 30
By Melanie_Rosen

Chapter 6

Jack Sparrow

Anxiety foamed up within me as I found my way to Tortuga, the place Jack Sparrow currently lingered. I knew Davy Jones would not approve of this. He seems to have intense hatred for Sparrow for whatever reason. I, however, was fascinated about the stories I have been told of this man. I must see what he is like for myself. I will just have to deal with whatever consequences when I return to the Dutchman. A thought then came to me. Unless, there was some sort of way I could not have to return.

Tortuga turned out to be a place filled with laughter, drunkenness, and the every so often violence. I could definitely see how this would be the kind of place for pirates to settle. I wonder where Jack lingered.

As I searched I grabbed an apple off one of the tables. The men there fell so drunk they did not even notice me take it. The fruit’s juices clenched my throat soothingly. I rarely ever get to eat this kind of food so I have come to savor these moments.

I then spotted a man with long dark hair in dreadlocks, red bandanna, and a pistol strapped around his waist. This had to be him. Within his arms he held a woman with blonde, curly hair, kissing her pressed against the wall.

I grinned as I confidently walked over to them. “Jack Sparrow I presume.”

Barely glancing at me he stopped kissing for just moment to mutter, “Captain Jack Sparrow.”

“Very well,” I contended. “Captain Jack Sparrow, may I speak with you?”

“Jack,” the woman inquired during the pauses of their making out. “Who is this girl?”

“I don’t know, love,” Jack said softly as he seemed to be under the impression that if he ignored me I would go away.

I rolled my eyes as he continued to kiss her, trying to think of some way to make this woman go away. Smiling smugly, I thought of something.

“I’m his daughter,” I announced proudly.

The woman jerked herself out of Jack’s embrace. “You never told me you had a daughter!”

“I didn’t know I had one,” Jack slurred weakly.

The woman raged on, “That’s because you probably left your lover before she had a chance to tell you, and you were planning on doing the same to me, weren’t you?”

“Come, now, Giselle…” Jack began but before he could say anything more, Giselle violently slapped him across the face before storming off in flames.

I covered my mouth to hide my grin as I finally had his full attention.

He turned to face me as he stumbled over closer, saying, “You, my dear, have ruined my moment.”

I crossed my arms. “You will have other moments in the future.”

“Yes,” he consented though still waved both arms sloppily towards the direction Giselle left. “But I will never again have that moment.”

“Oh, sorry,” I apologized even though I did not feel the least bit sorry at all.

He stood straighter as he pulled his pistol out to shine it. “It doesn’t matter. As you can see I’ve had been with many women. Which woman was that woman that I was with that is the mother of you?”

“Alyson Barbossa.”

His lifted his eyebrow at me, and frowned. “I don’t recall ever laying a finger on that particular woman.”

“You didn’t,” I informed. “You are not really my father.”

“Ahh. Well, I figured that much seeing as you and I don’t look anything alike. So tell me, what is it you really want?”

I frowned, as he still seemed off balance. “Maybe we can talk when you are a little more sober.”

He looked mildly stunned by my comment. “I’m not drunk. I have not had meself a drop of rum in nearly two days. Speaking of which…”

He grabbed a half empty bottle of rum from a short stumbling man passing by and drank some. “Now I, in fact, am drunk.” He held the bottle out to me. “Care for some?”

I sighed taking the bottle, figuring that there was not much difference between drunk Jack and sober Jack. The moment the liquor touched my tongue I spit it out coughing.

“That’s disgusting!” I choked handing the bottle back to him. “How do you stand it?”

Grinning, he took the bottle back, declaring, “In time, you will grew to love this stuff, may even call it your best friend, or love.”

“Right,” I mumbled unconvinced that would ever happen.

“You’ve still not told me why it is you seek me,” Jack reminded me.

“You call yourself Captain Jack Sparrow,” I began, eying him curiously, “but doesn’t a captain have a ship?”

“Yes, and the man I presume to be your father stole the ship that was once mine from me,” he explained bitterly.

“And I suppose you want it back.”

He gazed up and nodded. “Yes, that would be nice.”

“Well then, perhaps we can work together to get you your ship back,” I suggested. “I can be your partner, kind of like a side-kick.”

He looked back down upon me with suspicious eyes. “Are you not a bit too small, not to mention, are you not the daughter of the man who in fact lead a mutiny against me?”

I stood up straighter, taking another bite of my apple, as I spoke with more confidence. “What if I were to tell you that I led that man, who is my father and his crew, to a cursed treasure that would make them unable to enjoy pleasures such as this?”

Jack, to his own surprise, actually seemed impressed. “You cursed your own father?”

“My loyalties are not with him.”

“I see, so where exactly do your loyalties lie?”

Before I had the chance to answer the wall beside us crumbled as Cranker, one of the Dutchman’s crewmembers broke through, followed by the others.

“Davy Jones,” Jack muttered knowing these sea monsters then uttered louder, “The time has not yet come for my debt to be paid.”

Cranker smiled mischievously. “Jones knows that, and he will come for you when it is time. We’re here for her.”

“Her?” Jack looked down at me befuddled. “Jones?”

“That’s where my loyalties lie,” I mumbled, weakly. “And that’s also the real reason you are not captain.”

“And don’t you forget it.” Cranker grabbed my arm, pulling me away, the rest of the crew followed as the people of the tavern watched in fear and confusion. He turned back to Jack and added, “Oh, and Davy Jones sends his regards.”

I dropped my apple as Cranker tugged me. As we disappeared into the ocean, the last thing I saw when I turned back was Jack’s puzzled expression.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 39 8
BOOK ONE: Jane Gray is a gentleman's daughter awaiting a proposal. However things don't always go the way planned once paths are crossed with Captain...
32.8K 915 10
Annette Lavesseur, daughter of legendary French pirate, Olivier Levasseur, accidentally joins Captain Jack Sparrow and William Turner on their quest...
21.8K 642 12
Annette, Jack, Elizabeth, and Will team together to save Jack from his doomed fate to serve on the Flying Dutchman under Davy Jones. Based on Dead M...
75.2K 2.5K 14
Book: 3 After the death of her love Captain Jack Sparrow Maria is determined to get him back. But now that he's returned there's the problem of convi...