Timeless | Mha x reader

By -yoonbae

"Give me my fucking arm back!" Y/N shouted as their arm was now stuck in a laptop screen. No matter how much... More

Warning.
Prologue.
I.
II.
Information.
III
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXVII.
XXXIX.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
XLVIII.
XLIX.

IV.

5.2K 209 232
By -yoonbae

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

    "What? A Quirk assessment test?" someone asked.

    "But orientation! We're gonna miss it!" Another complained.

    Currently we were standing outside in the sun, however it was still chilly. Don't let the sun fool you. I played with the zippers on the hero suit he gave us. It was a little long on my arms but it worked. I took out the pocket watch from my uniform and shoved it in the gym uniform pockets.

    "If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies." Mr. Aizawa also changed out of his sleeping bag and into his usual attire. "Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means that I get to run my class however I see fit. You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you never got to use your Quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn." He was throwing up a ball in the air and catching it with one hand. He threw said ball forcefully at Bakugou who caught it off guard. "Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

    "Sixty‐seven meters, I think." He calculated.

   "Right. Try doing it with your Quirk." Him and Bakugou changed positions, and the teen slowly walked forward into the circle. He flicked the ball in his hand testing the weight of it. "Anything goes, just stay in the circle. Go on. You're wasting our time."

    He winded up his arm, slowly building up speed to launch it. "All right, man, you asked for it. I'll add a little heat to my pitch and drop their jaws. Die!"

    The entire class gasped as the ball went flying into the sky. "Oh, whoa."

    "All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." He held up the meter to show Bakugan final score.

    "Whoa, 705 meters, are you kidding me?" Mina shouted.

    "I wanna go! That looks like fun!" Sero raised his hand, eagerly the other students started to bandwagon his idea.

    "This is what I'm talkin' about, using' our Quirks' as much as we want!" Mineta bounced on his feet, the small balls on his head moved when jumped, I found it a little funny.

    "So this looks fun, huh?" Mr Aizawa snarled. "You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and play time? Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none," He looked all of us in the eyes before stopping at mine, like it was a warning. "and will be expelled immediately."

    "Huh?" Everyone dropped dead in their trials. Even if I knew it was all a lie, it was still a little terrifying.

    "Immediate expulsion?" Deku shook in his boots, "Eight tests? Oh, crap. Not good."

    I put a hand on his shoulders, he startled as he looked up at me. "Don't feel worried! We've got this! If not, just know you'll do better than me."

    "What do you mean?"

    "I barely remember how to use my quirk... So I'll probably be the one going home, don't worry!"

    "I wouldn't want you to get expelled..."

    'Crap, not the right thing to say.' "If it happens, it happens. I have a feeling he's just lying..."

    "How do you know?"

    "I've got... let's say, great intuition. I know it all."

    "K-Know it all?! W.. What do you mean by this?? Hey, come back! Where are you going?" I walked away from the frightened boy and made my way over to shoji. He looked at me with one of his arms and I waved, quirks can be so interesting.

    "Like I said, I get to decide how this class runs. Understand? If that's a problem, you I can head home right now." Aizawa flicked another ball in his hand.

    "You can't send one of us home! I mean, we just got here!" Momo bit her lips.

    "Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!" Mina winned, she crossed her arms.

    "That's unfair? Oh, and what do you think about natural disasters? Or power‐hungry villains? Hm?" Aizawa interrogated the class, some let out wines and others gasped. "Or catastrophic accidents that wipes out whole cities? No, the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness. If you wanna be a pro, you're gonna have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years, UA will throw one terrible hardship after another at you. So, go beyond. Plus Ultra‐style. Show me it's no mistake that you're here."

    Iida immediately argued, "I don't approve of this kind of hazing, but UA's the top hero program. I have no choice."

    "Time to blow these nerds away."

    Ignoring Bakugou's outburst, Aizawa continued. "Now then. We're just wasting time by talking. Let the games begin."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

    "Runners, on your marks. Ready‐‐" The machine gun shot out and Iida was gone. "3.04 seconds."

    "At 50 meters, I can only get up to third gear." Iida sighed.

'Tenya Iida, his Quirk: Engine! As you
can see his legs are pretty dang fast!
Well, he's definitely in his element, but
speed won't help him in every test.'

     "I'll lighten up my clothes. Oh, and my shoes, too!" Uraraka touched her shoes, as the machine counted off. She sprinted down the mini track.

'Ochako Uraraka, her Quirk:
Zero Gravity! She can nullif
the gravitational pull of anything
she touches--But if  she uses her
power too much, she totally hurls!'

     "Five point four nine seconds. Seven point one five seconds."

     She came to a slow stop, "Well, at least that's faster than junior high!"

     "Nice attempts, mon amis." Aoyama raised his hands up to his head mimicking Killua, he gave me a wink before lining up next to the small female.

     "Runners, on your marks."

     "But you're just not showing enough panache! Let your powers shine!"

"Yuga Aoyama, his Quirk:
Navel Laser! That's right, a
bellybutton laser. But he
can't shoot it forever."

     "Five point five one seconds."

     Aoyama cracked his back slowly making his way back to the group. "Hm. Shooting my beautiful beam for more than a second hurts my tummy."

     "What a tool." Sero and Kamanari mumbled, they turned to each other excitedly and bumped fists.

     "Runners, on your marks. Ready‐‐" "Burst speed!" "Four point one three seconds."

     Of course Bakugou couldn't wait three seconds...

Katsuki Bakugou,
his Quirk: Explosion!

     "Seven point zero two seconds."

     He cockily stood up and gave us a nasty grin. "My power has more uses than anyone else's in this school. Pathetic."

     I stood up behind him and got into a running position... I couldn't make a robot slow down...could I?

    "Mr.Aizawa?"

    "Yes?"

    "Would my quirk work on this type of equipment..?"

    "...only one way to find out."

   'What great help, I knew I could count on him...' I sighed and went back into running position. He wouldn't tell me to try if it wouldn't work right...? Right?

   I walked up to the machine and held a hand out to it, "Runners, on your mark. Ready, get set, go—"

   I lightly tapped the robot and the count up was stuck at the halfway point between one and zero. It worked?! Holy shit okay go go go—

   My legs ached as I rushed to the end of the line. I may not be the fastest in the class but I'm able to reach the end as soon as the countup resumes.

    "Zero point fifty three second."

    "What?!" Everyone shouted.

    "Someone faster than me?"

    "That's impossible? Right?"

    "They must' be cheating'?!"

    "Did they teleport?"

Y/N L/N their quirk, timeless.
               The user can stop time in the room room that they choose with a pocket
watch. They can also speed up
time, but only with a few acceptances.

    "See, you didn't need to ask me."

    "Just wanted to make sure, sir..."

    I walked back over to Deku who was rambling on and on about how cool it was and crap, but honestly I'm just glad it worked in the end....

    Everyone moved onto the next course, how much we can crush a hand grip. I've never really held one in my life so when it barely moved and hit 32 kilograms. (32 if I squeezed it hard enough with two hands but nobody's going to snitch on me right? Right...?)

     We made it back outside to the area we first started at. A few people started throwing the balls before it was finally Izuku's turn. Mumbling something to himself, he winded up his arm and shouted, "I won't let them down!"

     "Forty‐six meters."

     Instead of picking up speed, the ball dropped a few meters. Everyone just paused expecting more out of the man who broke his entire arm during the entrance exam.

     "Uh... What gives? I was trying to use it just now."

     "I erased your Quirk." Aizawa shrugged his shoulders, "The judges for this exam
were not rational enough. Someone like you should never be allowed to enroll at this school."

     He immediately started to spiral out of control. "Wait, you did what to my‐‐ Ah! Those goggles. I know you! You can look at someone and cancel out their powers. The Erasure Hero. EraserHead!"

     Sero turned to me and asked, "Eraser? Who's that?"

     "A pro hero, Sero... a pro hero."

     "Oh oh, cool--wait how do you know my name?"

     "Oh, I've heard of him." Tsuyu croaked from behind me. "I think he works on the down‐low."

     "You're not ready. You don't have control over your power.  Were you planning to break your bones again? Counting on someone else to save your useless body?"

     "No! That's not what I was trying to do!"

     "No matter what your intentions are, you would be nothing more than a liability in battle. You have the same reckless passion as another overzealous hero I know. One who saved 1,000 people by himself and became a legend. But even with that drive, you're worthless. If you can only throw a single punch before breaking down. Sorry, Midoriya. With your power, there's no way you can become a hero." He sighed and threw another ball at the now heartbroken boy. He didn't even respond to the ball being launched at his head. "I've returned your impractical Quirk. Take your final throw. Hurry and get it over with."

     Deku breathed in and out, slowly grasping the ball in his hands. I shouted at him words of encouragement. He shot us a smile before clutching both the ball and his teeth, "Smash!"

     The ball went flying into the air.

     "You did it!"

     "Mr. Aizawa... You see? I'm still standing." He clenched his now broken fingers.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 11 9
The rusted handcuffs clattered on the wet floor at Aizawa's feet, splashing minimal water into his house. The moon was prominent among the stormy clo...
176K 4.8K 15
Midoriya practically begged me to switch dorms... "Please Todoroki, I've put up with Kacchan too long , I think I might be going crazy!" The helpless...
69.2K 1.9K 56
|Bakugou x reader| 17 Year-old (F/N) ran from her camp, running deep in the woods. You've always been a wild girl, wanting to explore more and more...
7.7K 162 43
I pound on his back. "No, please" I sob "please don't go. You can't." I hear his voice crack "you think I really want to?" I let go of him as I take...