Eternally

By kazbrekkersgf

Oriya Deronte, the American Mafia's future Donna. She was destined to be the queen. Skills in assassination a... More

1. unexpected guest
2. wasn't me
3. friends?
4. head on a plate
5. the letter
6. the perfect excuse
7. truce
8. small mission
9. the train
10. don't move
11. drugged
12. sticky note apology
13. onsies
14. apology
15. trust me?
16. blood bath
17. fight me?
18. give them a show
19. his shoes
20. father's wrath
21. be honest
22. betro
23. run like hell
24. the cake
25. home
26. theo's birthday
27. my secret
28. the challenge
29. his knife
30. true menace
31. huge distraction
32. yellow skittle
33. nerf guns
34. sworn enemy
35. foghorn
36. pay the price
37. cold as ice
38. bloody mary
39. movie night
40. sharpie
41. missed calls and texts
42. ugly heart
43. crab legs
44. my ride
45. tolerate
46. my girlfriend
48. sick and twisted
49. snoop dogg
50. keeping secrets
51. protect each other
52. a mass murder
53. my true love
54. house tour
55. cruel and odious
56. heart
57. unravelled secrets
58. family
59. friendship
60. our thing
61. date night
62. settling scores

47. someone else

13.6K 334 172
By kazbrekkersgf

Chapter 47

Oriya Deronte

"He's not coming." I sigh, trying to convince the four dumbasses in front of me. 

They all shake their heads in disagreement and continue to stare at the stairs and elevator door, thinking Vincent will come downstairs to say goodbye to us since we're leaving for good and going back to my estate.

It was officially the last day of the truce. The second I step foot in America, Vincent would be my greatest rival again. Seems like he was already at a head start with the way he told me he hated me last night.

I knew he didn't care enough to say goodbye so there was no point in me waiting here for him to come down. The other idiots thought otherwise, as they refused to let me step foot out the door until he did.

Couldn't lie and say it didn't hurt though. Every second I would check the stairs or the elevator door, thinking and praying he would be there. I eventually gave up on the idea and just let it be.

I sigh, "You're wasting my time."

"Shush! He'll come." Lucas hushes me.

"I told you guys. He literally hates my guts." I said.

"Let's kidnap Sarah. Then he's going to come down for sure." Theo suggests.

Everyone's eyes look to the sleeping girl on the couch, thinking about actually going through with Theo's stupid ass plan. I stand in front of them, blocking their way to her,

"I'll fucking kill you all if you touch her." I said, narrowing my eyes at them.

They scowl at me and lean against the wall again, waiting for Vincent. I roll my eyes and stick my hand in my pocket, looking for my phone but my pockets turn out empty. That's when I remember I left it in the room.

Fuck. I clear my throat, "Kena, go get my phone please. It's in Vincent's room."

She takes in what I just said and a smile creeps up on her face, "No. You go."

I roll my eyes at her and turn to Sienna, "Dude, please?"

"No, my legs hurt." She fake pouts.

I turn to my last hope, Theo and Lucas. Before I even get the words out my mouth, they shake their heads, declining. I could send Ryder or Sarah, but they were sleeping right now.

I click my tongue in frustration and drop the bag I was carrying before getting in the elevator.

My hand turns sweaty as I click the button to his room floor.  Why the fuck am I shaking so much? I'm just getting a damn phone.

The doors split open and I take a deep breath before walking down the hall, to his room. I could tell he was inside because I could hear rustling inside. I stood in front of the door,  wondering if I should just knock or walk in, considering I had every right since my shit was still inside.

I decided to just buy a whole new wardrobe instead of going into his room to pack my shit because I'd rather not face him.

I ended up just walking in without knocking. I was greeted by Vincent sitting in the chair, with my copy of Six Of Crows in his hand, as he flipped through the pages. His head jerks up at the sound of me walking in and we meet eyes.

I don't bother seeing his reaction as I immediately turn away and scan the room for my phone. It was on the bed side table on my side of the bed. I can tell his eyes are on me the whole time.

Vincent stands up and I turn around to face him, wondering what he was doing. He stands at the door, waiting for me to leave so he can lock it. He was that impatient for me to leave?  He truly hated me.

Tears threaten to fall out of my eyes out of either anger or sadness, I don't know. I turn around, heading towards the door. I just wanted him to tell me he wants me to stay here, with him. I wanted to know if the feelings I had were one sided or not. There was no fucking way it was.

I take a deep breath, wanting an answer, "Why are you being like this?"

"Like what?" He asks.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I look up at him.

He stares at me for a second with a glint in his eyes, "Why do you care?"

I shrug, "Just want an answer to put my mind to ease."

"I just do." He throws a shoulder, telling me he doesn't care.

"Why the fuck do you hate me all of a sudden?" I fume, upset that he won't tell me.

I just wanted to know what I could've done differently in another life for him to be mine. I know the rivalry we had played a huge role in why he hates me but I thought he was past that. It's too late for me to change what we are right now but I still wanted to know what I could've done.

"I'm not doing this. Leave." He simply says. His eyes hold emotions chained down, not allowed to be seen.

I blink the threatening tears away and just nod my head once, accepting what was being given before walking out the room. I stand in the elevator feeling emotionless as I stare ahead of me.

Rage fills in my body, daring to explode and it takes everything in me to keep calm. The doors open and I stare at everyone with a blank face, just picking up Ryder in my arms and rolling my suitcase behind me. Sienna and Kena's faces drop when they see my face, knowing things didn't go well.

The ride there remains silent too. I feel something sharp poking my thigh in the bag beside me. I unzip it and dig in to find whatever it was. My hand touches a blade and I pull it out. As it comes into sight, I realize it's Vincent's knife.

My mind goes back to the other day. The last time our truce ended. It felt like deja vu. Except this time, there was no text or even a goodbye from him. I looked out the window, twirling his knife in my hands.

We reach the plane and I go straight into the rooms we had at the back. I open and close my phone, waiting for a possible text by him but every time, my heart stings in disappointment. No text, no call.

I don't even know why I was so disappointed. We were nothing. Never did we say we were friends or some shit. I knew the only thing he felt for me was some lust, but yet, here I sit drowning in my own misery as I check my phone again.

The plane takes off and I accept it how it is. If he didn't want me in his life, that's fine. I was nobody to tell him what to do.

The lego piece on my neck feels wrong. I twirl the piece between my fingers, remembering how that very piece was connected with Vincent's. My hand grips it and it takes everything in me to rip it off from around my neck.

"Oriya?" Kena says softly from the other side of the door.

"Don't, Kena. I'm fine." I said.

"But- Okay." She says and I hear retrieving footsteps.

The rest of the flight goes by pretty quick. I spent most of it sleeping to get my mind off Vincent. Jason called me, letting me know the apartment I had bought yesterday was ready for me to live in.

I got it the day Vince and I had that little argument, if you can even call it that. I admit, I haven't been close with Vincent all these past years, but I still knew him enough to know he wouldn't say goodbye to me after all that.

When Vincent made his mind up about something, he would let the world end before he changed his mind.

I knew Sienna and Kena would continuously check up on me, making sure I was okay. I appreciate that, I really do. But, I prefer to deal with my shit on my own. That's how I was raised and what I was used to.

I wasn't heartbroken or some shit. I knew he didn't like me but that was just something I made up in my head. It just hurt when I heard the words come from his mouth.

I knew I'd be fine but they just cared about me a lot. I planned most of my day when I got back. I would go out and get shit-faced in order to forget about that dumbass. Maybe even meet someone new, who knows.

Ryder was going to stay with Sienna and Kena while I stayed away from home. He seemed pretty fine without me in all honesty. He was hesitant on leaving and threw a temper tantrum when we told him we're going back home.

He and Sarah locked themselves in her bathroom for about 2 hours until Sarah said she was craving some jello. They came out with their hands tied together with a towel. They came out with a determined look on their faces which fell apart pretty quick when Vincent ripped it off. 

They cried for 45 minutes after that.

The plane landed about 40 minutes later and I was the last to get off. Jason was waiting for me on the runway with his car. He spots me and comes over to carry my suitcase. I click in my seatbelt as he puts my luggage in the trunk.

The apartment was pretty cool. I had Jason decorate it with a cream white theme. It looked like those room pictures you could post on Pinterest and shit.

My phone vibrates and I dig it out of my pocket as fast as I can, thinking it was Vincent. My eyes read over the contact name and to my disappointment, it's Lucas.

"What?" I grunt into the phone.

I get silence as a response, "Hello?" I said. 

"Oh hey, I thought I called Vincent for a second because of your response so I was just double checking." He said.

"He literally never picks up like that." I roll my eyes.

"Yes he does. Just not to you." He chuckles.

"Whatever, why'd you call?" I wonder.

"Can I not call my friend?" He gasps, offended.

"Kena told you to check on me?" I deadpan.

"Yeah." He mumbles.

I laugh, "I'm fine Lulu. Don't worry about me."

"You sure?" He questions.

"Yes. I'm making pasta, I have to go." I lied, "Bye."

"Wait but I have to-"

I didn't hear the rest of whatever he said. The rest of the day goes by pretty quickly. I spent the day rearranging things if I felt they were out of place and putting all my new clothes into the closet.

I take out an article of clothing and pause when I realize it's a pretty nice dress for going out. I slip out of my current clothing and put on the dress. I stood in front of the mirror, looking myself up and down.

Shit, I'm hot as fuck.

"His loss to be honest." I talk into the empty room.

I let a smile grace my lips and pick out some heels to match the dress. One day out wouldn't hurt anyone. I deserved it anyway. I thought of keeping my knife and gun at home since it would probably scare off a man.

But then again, I can't because running a mafia does that to you. Nobody knew I returned to America but I'd rather not take a risk. Instead of carrying a knife and gun I just took some pepper spray with me. I could use my hands if anything.

***

We meet eyes again but this time, he winks at me. I send one back and gesture for him to come over.  He pushes himself off the wall and doesn't loose eye contact with me once as he walks over and takes a seat next to me.

"Hello, Iris." I introduce myself, holding my hand out.

"Damien." The blonde hair man in front of me says, taking my hand in his.

I arrived at the club 10 minutes ago and since then, his eyes have been glued to me. He wasn't as handsome as Vincent but I guess he would work. Compared to Vincent, Damien was a 4.

In all honesty, I just wanted to forget about Vincent even if it was for a little bit. But clearly, that wasn't working because it seems he's the only thing my mind can think of.

Shaking the thoughts of him away, I tilt my head, "Want to go somewhere more private?"

"Yes." He smirks and I almost gag. The only person who could do that was Vincent and Vincent only. Damien looked fucking constipated.

He keeps his hands on my waist as I lead him out the club and into my car. He offers to drive as if the dumbass had any clue where we were going. I put the address into the GPS and soon we were on the way.

His hands run up and down my thigh, "You seem stressed?" He says.

I try my hardest not to scowl, "Just tired."

"I can wake you up." He responds, all smug.

I keep my mouth shut to make sure I don't fuck this up and just smile and nod as a response. We flirt for a bit in the car until we finally reach my apartment.

I knew it would be kind of awkward in the elevator to avoid that, I pulled Damien down by the collar and kissed the dumbass like it was my last. His hands latch onto my waist and he returns the same energy.

His lips suck on my neck and jaw as I struggle to find my keys in my purse. His kisses feel nothing like Vincent's if I'm being honest but I'll take it if it means the thoughts of Vince would leave my head. I finally find my keys and open the door.

We barely step inside and he slams me into the wall, as we make-out. His breath smells like liquor. I swear, I'm going to get drunk by this. I tug on his hair as he grunts and kisses me harder and rougher.

His hands travel around my body for a second, then the next, they go limp. I open my eyes, wondering what happened to him. The room was still dark but there was still a little light shining in from the window where the moon is.

I can see a red hole right in the middle of his head and I scream bloody murder.

a/n - hi guys

yes this chapter is kind of short and i guess a filler but it's only because my teacher randomly gave us a shit ton of hw and i had to finish that before i did anything else and then i didn't have time yk?

buttt as a sorry, next chapter will be out tmrw so that's funnn

anyway,

gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 833 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
519K 11.6K 62
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✔︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈 "This is a dangerous game you're trying to play. Remember that in the end, thi...
440K 8.3K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
32K 540 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❝𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 �...