The Life of Athena: Tony Star...

By NerdAlertz

Tony and his fiancee are woken up in the middle of the night by the sounds of a baby crying. They find a beau... More

Phase One
Chapter 2: Kidnapped
Chapter 3: Found
Chapter 4: New Project
Chapter 5: Charity Event
Chapter 6: Training Exercise
Chapter 7: Putting The Puzzle Together
Chapter 8: Moment of Truth
Chapter 9: Myths and Facts
Chapter 10: 6 Months Later
Chapter 11:Dreams
Chapter 12: Court
Chapter 13: CEO Say What?
Chapter 14: New Mexico?
Chapter 15: Jane Foster
Chapter 16: You've Been Found
Chapter 17: "Athena is alive"
Chapter 18: Answers
Chapter 19: Lady Sif and The Warriors Three Meet Athena
Chapter 20: Welcome Home
Chapter 21: Agent...?
Chapter 22: Stark Expo
Chapter 23: Lost Memory
Chapter 24: Phase 2
Chapter 25: First Time
Chapter 26: Coffee
Chapter 27: New Home
Chapter 29: Unknown Presence
Chapter 30: Mission
Chapter 31: He Knows Something
Chapter 32: We Are Waiting For You...
Chapter 33: Not A Goodbye
Chapter 34: This Is It.
BREAK-- Authors Note-- IMPORTANT
Chapter 35: Athena's Return
Chapter 37: A Team In The Making
Chapter 38: Avengers Assemble!
Chapter 39: We Won
Chapter 40: Feelings
Chapter 41: Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Chapter 42: As Time Goes On...
Chapter 43: Rose Hill, TN
Chapter 44: Rescue
Chapter 45: Post Christmas
Chapter 46: A Godly Visit

Chapter 28: A Greek Goddess

4.8K 176 29
By NerdAlertz

Chapter 28

"A Greek Goddess that controls the elements?"

I smiled and pursed my lips together, a small laugh however escaped my lips. I kept the smile and shook my head lightly. "Yes, I can control the elements Captain." I had finally looked him in the eye. He was a mixture of confused and surprised. "No I'm not an experiment, I was born this way..."

"Ma'am--Oh--I--I--" He stuttered and finally sighed.

"It's ok Captain, please feel free to ask, I won't judge." I say sincerely. I can also sense his trust in opening up to me, but he has trouble with it.

"How--how is that possible? I'm sorry--Miss Athena, but--but you're the grand daughter of Howard--how.."

"I'm adopted Steve..." I say slowly. "My dad, Tony Stark. I was dropped off in a basket in front of his home almost 21 years ago, I was only about a month old baby..."

He slumped slowly back in his chair, taking in the small bit of information I had just given him. "Oh..." He says. "I see...."

I sigh, "I know this is a lot of information to take in, especially in your first day back into the real world... But yeah Gods and other types of super humans exist..."

He stays quiet for a while and I bite my lip. I felt an ache in my heart as if I was being judge by him. I was surprised at my own emotions for this. A stranger is already judging me, and my mind suddenly goes to Harry. What would he think if I told him what I really am? Would he think me a freak? Like how the Captain is probably thinking of me now. Or would he hate me for lying so much to him?

"Miss Athena!"

"Huh?" I snap out of my thoughts. I see the face of the Captain shocked. It just so happens I froze part of the table. "Oh!" I realized what I've done. Before I do anything else, I look at him first and study his features, he seems...anxious. I no longer hesitate and put my hand over the frost. I can feel my hand starting to heat up, underneath the frost starts to melt and the Captain's eyes widen seeing what I can do. Once everything was melted, I grabbed a paper towel to clean up the mess.

I stare at him now, he's speechless. I can't tell what's going through his mind, but he's amazed. "So your father is Ze--Zeus?"

He speaks!

I nod, "Yes, but I've never met them, I was sent out of Olympus to be protected from my father's enemies and ever since then they haven't made an appearance in my life, well at least I don't think so."

"They will soon Miss Athena, you're an extraordinary person!" He smiles. I feel a sudden warmth in me. Is that my heart fluttering?

"You barely know me Captain." I add with a small laugh.

"Well!" He chuckles, "So far you are, and please call me Steve." He adds with another smile. I can help but admire how beautiful he is.

"Then drop the whole 'Miss Athena' thing and we'll get somewhere!" I crossed my arms looking up to him as a challenge. His lips slowly curled up into a smile that made my heart flutter. I'm ignoring those feelings because this is Captain America and yes he is downright sexy and all, even though he doesn't try to be, but this is my job and I'm taking it seriously.

"Ok! Athena!" He joked. "Wait! So you--you were born when exactly?"

"Now that's a little more harder to explain, I was born before humanity even flourished, but traveling between worlds or dimensions sped up the time in Earth and well a month later it was it was the early 90's and I was dropped off at my dads, Olympian travel is weird, I still don't understand it, but yeah I'm thousands or millions of years old in humanity, but as an Olympian 20."

"Wow! I just find it so interesting, you're special Athena..."

"So are you Steve." I smile.

We stay quiet for a couple of seconds. I'm admiring him, and he's admiring me. It's not an awkward silence at all. It's very relaxing. You can hear the traffic outside of the window, the wind, along with nature its self.

I clear my throat and pursed my lips together, I look back to Steve, "Any other questions about your file?"

"Not at the moment," he smiled, "I think that I've had enough for today, you should rest up I'll be ok."

"You--you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes Athena, I'll walk you to your room." He got up and offered his hand to me. I gladly took it and I couldn't help to feel how soft his hand was. Wow I'm lame. "I'll see you tomorrow..?" He questioned slowly.

"Yes Steve, remember you're stuck with me till who knows what." I opened the door to my apartment and as I closed it, I waved to him, he blushes slightly. I closed the door and lean on it, I'm smiling like a kid at Christmas.

I go straight for the bedroom and take out my phone texting Pepper I won't make it for bedtime. I just had the overall feeling of not leaving this building at all. If I leave, would I miss him? Is that what it is? What on earth is happening here? Steve Rodgers is growing on me? No!

As usual I do my night routine, shower, brush my teeth, and go to bed. It wasn't long for me to close my eyes, I was indeed tired. However my dreams were very...vivid.

A dazzling woman. Beautiful brown eyes that resemble Athena's. The news spread quickly throughout the realms and the different dimensions like wild fire. "Athena is alive."

The news hit this particular woman as hope. For very long time she hoped that one day she'll hear this news. Her eyes were watery with tears, in all of this time she knew her daughter was alive somewhere.

Metis.

"Metis you can't!" A woman cried, she was blocking Metis from the door.

"I have--I have to speak to him!" Metis cried. Her voice was desperate. She needed to see him, even though it was forbidden, she had to at least speak with him if such rumor was true. She was already dying because of the anxiety.

"Hera will destroy you!" The woman pleaded.

"I dare her to!" Metis's voice suddenly became harsh.

"Metis!" The woman cried again, "Think about this sister, it could just be a hoax, the guardians were never found or returned."

"But she survived!" Metis implied. "Athena survived!" Her voice cracked and tears made their way back into her eyes. The woman embraced Metis as she fell to the floor. Her cries and pure emotions were uncontrollable. Her only daughter who she had bared with her first love, Zeus, was alive. She had to speak with Zeus, even if she had to get through Hera herself she would. It was their daughter who has finally been found.

"Hera would do the same." Metis said through her tears. Her sister still embraced her. She kept quiet as her heart broken sister poured her feelings. At the same time the oceans tide seemed to rise as Metis cries filled the tides. Being an Oceanide she had that power, along with the thousands of her brothers and sisters.

Metis cries were interrupted by a loud thunderclap in the distance. Right away she knew it was Zeus. She wiped her tears away and got up.

"Metis.." Her sister warned.

"I do not care, I have to speak to him!" Her voice was confident. Her sister sighed, she stepped aside to let Metis go through the door.

In the horizon of the dimension of Olympus, Mount Olympus stood up high in the skies, home of the sons and daughters of Zeus, along with Hera, the Queen. The rest of the Gods or Goddesses lived in the plains of the land.

Metis, being a Goddess herself with many powers of her own, teleported herself to the gates of Mount Olympus. The guards armed eyed carefully the woman before their eyes. Before they could speak and neglect her entrance, the gates opened by themselves. Metis smirked, she walked through the gates confidently. She has never stepped foot inside of Mount Olympus. Zeus had granted her entrance for the first time.

Metis walked through the glorious pillars and marble floors of the heavenly kingdom. Before she knew it, her heart was pounding against her chest. The main sons and daughters of Zeus stood in their positions and in the high middle stood Zeus, with Hera at his side. Hera's eyes narrowed seeing Metis, Zeus's expression softened seeing her again. It has been years and years since they last came face to face.

"Zeus, my kin--" Metis started.

"No need for formalities Metis." Zeus implied with a smile. Hera turned to Zeus eyeing him in a possessive manner. Zeus stood from his throne and guided Metis towards a more private place where the two could talk.

"I'll go straight to it, is she--" Metis started.

"Yes." Zeus replied to her before Metis could finish.

The tears returned to her eyes again and Metis slapped both of her hands to her mouth as she gasped. Zeus slowly approached her contemplating whether or not to embrace her. Zeus still cared for Metis, despite the end of their relationship when Athena was sent away.

"I want to see her!" Metis cried.

"We can't Metis--"

"What do you speak of Zeus, how was she known of?"

"Odin's son, Thor, was banished to Earth were Athena was first sent to, and he discovered her there working for the humans government." Zeus said.

"Is he sure that was my Athena!" Metis cried.

"Yes, it was our Athena." Zeus emphasized. "She was controlling the planets elements."

"Then it's her!" Metis cried happily.

"Yes, Metis, our Athena is alive." A sincere smile crept into Zeus lips as he softly embraced Metis. "But I forbid you from leaving Olympus to see her, it'll put not only you but her in danger--"

"Zeus!"

"I forbid it Metis!"

I gasped. I turned simultaneously to examine where I was, "Jarvis?! Jarvis!" But Jarvis didn't answer me, I wasn't in Stark Tower. "What the hell!" I breathed. Did I just dreamed of my parents, my actual parents. Because if they were, they both seemed very familiar to me. I've seen them before, right? Metis had a similarity to me, Zeus was not like I had expected my real father to be. They were both young and beautiful.

I can't keep thinking about the dream, no matter how real it was. I needed a distraction. They weren't allowed to see me, which made me resent them. Thor is not here and I don't have anyone else too look to for more about me. It was forbidden for them to see me. It actually made me cry. As if I wasn't loved. But it was for your protection... My subconscious reminded me. Protect me from what? What's after me?

I looked to my right to see my clock signaling it was 3 am. I sighed again, now I couldn't go back to sleep. The wind was howling outside of my window, I found it strange, especially in New York. I got up from my bed to look outside. The tree branches were ecstatic. Following the crazy breeze, thunder and rain came from the skies. Now I've officially lost my sleep. I decided to check how Steve was doing.

The door to his apartment was open, which I found strange. Slowly I creep inside checking every corner and room. "Steve?" I question. He's no where to be found. I quickly went down the stairs trying to search for him. The thunder and howling wind were still persistent as I searched for Steve. I heard punches and grunts coming from the gym in the first floor. Of course.

I walked over and peeked through the door. There was Steve wearing white tape on his hands. All of his concentration and frustration seemed to be taken on the punching bag. He was sweating and oh my it was sure a delightful sigh seeing him through the door. I know I'm being a creep, but I can't help it.

Another thunderclap shook the ground and I gasped. Steve however didn't stop, it seemed as if the storm was fueling his stamina. I leaned too much into the door, that it opened with a creak. Steve immediately stopped what he was doing and looked over to me with amusement.

"Can't sleep Miss Athena?" He smiled as he took off the white tape from his hands.

"Oh Mr. Steve you have no idea!" I sarcastically implied and I walked over to him.

He chuckled, "Oh Athena!"

"Oh Steve!" I joked back. "Aren't you tired?"

"Seventy years under ice, you'd think I would be?" He was picking up his belongings.

"Oh right!" I crossed my arms and stood next to him. "I didn't mean to interrupt you Steve."

"I was about to finish anyway, I saw you roaming the halls so I'd figured I'd see what's going on."

I quirked an eyebrow, "Roaming the halls?" I questioned.

"Yeah, weren't you?" He looked down to me.

"No..." I said slowly. "I just woke up."

"That's impossible!" He laughed, but I wasn't finding any of it amusing. "You've been guarding the staircase for about an hour now."

My eyes widen, "Are you nuts!" I exclaimed with a small laugh. "Steve, I just woke up."

He was taken aback and suddenly became weary, "Then who was the person I saw there?" He pointed to the staircase leading up to our apartments, but no one was there. "She looked just like you, maybe a little bit longer hair--"

Another thunderclap shook the ground and that's when I realized it. My mom, my real mom, Metis. Then the sudden thunderstorm... Zeus.

"You okay Athena?" Steve looked at me.

"My parents..." I whispered.

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello loves! Hopefully you all enjoy this chap! Let me know what you think!

xx Love yall 💋💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332 0 43
WARNING: -cussing -action -blood -crying Callie Stark, Tony Stark's daughter, is living life as a secret. No one knows who see is or where she's from...
129K 2.9K 50
Your Tony Starks younger sister, your 24 years old and was kidnapped at the age of 16. You were experimented on and trapped for two years. This cause...
6.1K 264 35
Everyone says that there is no destination on this road of your life. Well I am here to tell you that those people are idiots. There is a destination...
340K 10.3K 35
Natasha Stark-Pells is the name. Let's just say I'm not your average 16 year old. I graduated at 14 from high school, I am an engineering wiz, I am m...