Pieces Together

By xshivaniex

ᴛʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ: (ɴ.) ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ____________________ "Avery" I said sternly when I... More

Main Characters Aesthetics
Trigger Warnings/ Author's Note
Dedication
1|| Drug Dealer
2|| Caramel Latte
3|| Gang Meeting
4|| Family Reunion
5|| Mommy Issues
6|| A Sibling Bond
7|| Plips Gas Station
8|| Carissa
9|| Murder
11|| Babysitting
12|| I'm Bored
13|| The Reapers
14|| Enemies or Not?
15|| His Definition Of Fun
16|| Punishment
17|| Enemies With Benefits
18|| The Call
19|| Interrogation
20|| Mission: Abort Plan
21|| The Breakdown
22|| Favorite Cousin
23|| Secrets and Lies
24|| Drunk in Love
25|| The Snake
26|| One Rule
27|| Rock Bottom
28|| Another Secret
29|| A Tease
30|| The Red Dragon
31|| A Race to Remember
32|| Yes Sir
33|| Falling in Love?
34|| Beg
35|| Let Me Hold You
36|| I Lied
A/N
37|| Breathe
38|| Five Minutes
A/N
39|| Tears
A/N

10|| Trouble

74.2K 1.3K 1.6K
By xshivaniex

"Violet you're hurting me" I winced. The grip she had on my wrist really hurt and she still didn't let go even after she heard me his one to many times.

Walking out the door I gave the guard a smile and he didn't return it. Instead he just glared at me with his gun in his hand.

Rude might I say, and I thought he was hot.

Violet let go of my hand and sighed opening the passenger side door and sitting down. I did the same opening the drivers side door and sitting down.

"What?" I questioned. The silence was killing me and I didn't know how much of it I could take.

"Amanda got in trouble" she said and now I understood why she was so pissed.

Amanda is her younger sister. Also a pain in everyone's ass. Violet dislikes her because of her attitude. They never really got along so whenever Amanda would get in trouble Violet would be pissed.

Violet was forced to raise her since her aunt, her legal guardian is nurse and works all the time.

"Take you home?" I questioned and she nodded her head.

"Hey" I said quietly lacing my hand in hers. I gently rubbed circles on her hand silently telling her that it's going to be okay.

"She'll come around" I reassured her and she smiled. Letting go of her hand I drove out the dirt road and then took the road that led to her home.

Pulling in front her house she got out and went up to the doorstep turning around she waved at me and I waved back. I waited until she was inside and once she was I drove off.

Driving past the street that led to my home my fingers gripped the steering wheel tightly.

Biting the inside of my lip I turned the car around and drove in the street. I slowed the car not driving to fast.

I got in trouble numerous times for speeding in here. An old woman- Lisa called the cops on me.

I didn't hate her for it but it did get me tickets on several occasions.

Pulling in front the house I got out my car and slammed the door shut. Tucking my phone in my pocket I took a deep breath walking up to the front door.

Pulling out the house key, I twisted the nob and waited until I heard a click. Pushing the door open I walked in and saw some of the furniture covered with plastic.

It's only been a couple days since we left but it felt like months. Slipping off my shoes I walked into the kitchen.

Opening the top drawer I looked at all the sticky notes left in it. All were there and I rather it stay here than get lost while with me.

Smiling I picked one up and held it.

"Went out to the grocery to look for chocolate chip cookies:)"

My smile widened at the memory. I had been craving cookies and I kept asking him to get it. And he did get it for me. That night I made him dinner because I felt bad that he actually went out of his way to get me what I wanted.

Putting back the sticky note I closed the drawer and then went over to the fridge. Pulling open the door I wasn't surprised to find it food less with a only a couple bottles of water.

Grabbing one of the remaining water bottles I twisted the cap open and took a sip. Placing the water on the counter.

Walking towards the stairs I went up to my room.

Pushing open the door, I went over to my bookshelf and grabbed a couple more of my favorite books.

Placing them on my bed, I grabbed my guitar and turned it around shaking it causing my cigarettes to fall out.

Grabbing them I went to my dresser and dropped them down. Reaching under my dresser I pulled the pack I had taped under there out.

Opening the cigarette pack I filled it with my cigarettes and tucked it in my pocket. Keeping one in between my finger I placed it between my lips and went around my room looking for my lighter.

Patting my pockets I didn't feel it so I sprinted down the stairs and went into the kitchen.

Taking the blue lighter I flicked the flame and let my cigarette light. Inhaling the smoke I walked back up the stairs and back into my room.

Sitting on my bed I finished my cigarette and then tossed it out my window. Grabbing my books I walked down the stairs to see Lisa holding her gun pointing it at me.

"Lisa" I said quietly and she screamed firing a bullet. Ducking to the side the bullet barely missed me going into the wall.

Holding my books against my chest I let out a shaky breath. God this woman was something else.

She fired a bullet at me. I could of died.

"Avery!" she shouted and I looked at her.

"I'm so sorry dear, I thought you were trouble" she sighed shaking her head.

"Still looking over the house?" I questioned and a small smile found it's way on her lips.

Lowering her gun she nodded her head. "Yeah" she responded.

"Cup of tea?" I asked walking into the kitchen placing my books on the counter.

"Sure" she agreed taking a seat on the stool.

Turning the tap on I let the water fill the kettle and then I turned on the stove, placing the kettle over the burner.

"The house of Black" she whispered, I barely heard it.

"Yeah" I nodded my head.

"It's like the house was abandoned" she said looking at the plastic covering the furniture.

"We'll be back" I assured her but she didn't seem convinced.

"Viper is a dangerous man" she pointed out and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You know about him?" I questioned getting two mugs out from the cupboard.

Adding two scoops of sugar in each I took a tea bag and placed it in the mug.

"Who wouldn't know about Viper" she raised her shoulders and I tilted my head to the side agreeing with what she said.

"Marcus is too" she added and I stopped my movement. What does she even know about my father.

"The Black brothers aren't innocent as you think Avery" she said quietly and I was confused as to why she was telling me this.

"I know they aren't, no one in the gang is innocent" I replied and she grinned.

"Are you sure?" she asked and I shook my head.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"The gang isn't what you think it is" she responded.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because I was once a reaper too" she said pulling her sleeve up to reveal her skull tattoo. That's how you knew when someone was with the Night Reaper. The skull tattoo. Most got it on the back of their hand near their thumb while others got it on their necks.

"You're not wearing your necklace" I said looking at her neck where a gold necklace used to be. Her fingers brushed against the skin of her neck and she shook her no.

"I think I lost it" she responded and the kettle started whistling. Turning off the burner I poured the hot water into the mugs and passed her tea to her. She took the cup in her hands and took a sip of the tea.

I held the cup in my both my hands. The heat of the water burned my hand a little but I ignored it.

Lisa never acted like this and there was something that she knew but she just wasn't saying. Everyone around me had something to hide. The truth was always hidden behind a lie. To get to the truth, you had to be told lies. Finding out the truth could always possibly be another lie but as they say- there is always two side to a story.

Finishing her tea she took her gun in her arm and walked towards the door. Placing my mug on the counter I followed behind her. Once she was about to step outside she stopped turning around to face me.

"Be careful dear" she warned.

"I will" I assured her and she gave me tip lip smile walking across the street to her house. Shutting the door I twisted my face in confusion.

That had to be the weirdest interaction I've ever had. Going back in the kitchen I finished my tea and then washed the dishes. Tiding the kitchen I took my books in my hand and walked to the door and slipped my shoes back on. Locking the door I walked down the path to my car.

Opening my car door I got in and rested my books in the backseat. Starting the engine I drove out the street and I had a feeling that this was the last time that I would probably be in here for a long time.

**********

"Why would you go there?" Dad questioned raising his voice.

When I got back he was sitting in the living room and saw me holding my books. Once he saw them he knew that I had went back home. Now we were in my room arguing back and forth.

"Why are we here?" I asked. Why are we even here? we don't have a reason to be here. It didn't make sense.

"There was a shoot out at the warehouse" he said like it was obvious.

"Yeah one fucking bullet" I cursed and he gave me a stern look.

"Watch your language Clover" he warned and I knew he was serious. He never called me Clover unless he was pissed. My mom named me Clover. That's the only thing she gave me that I liked.

"Oh I'm sorry but you're not giving me an actual answer. What does a shoot out which was one bullet by the way has to do with us?" I asked. We were only there so he and his brothers could join in back with the Reapers.

"Because it was aimed at you" He answered. I looked at him shaking my head in denial. Aimed at me? what the hell is this?

"Why?" I whispered.

"I've done bad things to Viper Avery and he is going to try everything to hurt you to hurt me" he explained.

That's what Lisa meant. She knew about this. That's why she said he wasn't innocent, but the real question is how did she know.

"I asked Ace to protect you because I can't. He has an entire ma- gang Avery" he added.

I remained silent looking down at the ground. I ran my hand up and down my jeans trying to process everything.

"I'm sorry Avery" He apologized but I ignored it.

"I have your mom's will" he said and I raised my head looking at the sheet of paper he picked up from my dresser.

Passing it to me I skimmed through the letters printed in black. Everything she signed off to her sister. Dabriella Rossi. Nothing was in neither my name or dad's name. Everything went to her.

I looked through one more time to see if there was anything that was hidden, but there was nothing.

"There's also this" he said passing me another sheet of paper. "It came with her will" he added and I gave him the will.

Dear Avery,

If you are reading this then you have done it. You killed your mother. I hope you feel guilty about it. You made my life a living hell and I hope yours is too. Everything goes to my sister. You are not my daughter. No daughter of mines will every disrespect me and get away with it. I hate you Avery, remember that.

Sincerely,

Maggie Rossi.

Closing the letter I looked at dad who stared at me. I knew he read it. He knew how much she hates me and even dead now she still hates me just as much.

"Leave please" I said and he rubbed my shoulder and then left. Once the door closed I pulled out a cigarette and went into the bathroom. Lighting the foot of the cigarette I inhaled the smoke until the cigarette was finished.

Sitting in the tub I let the tears stream down my face. Whether dead or alive she still manages to make me miserable.

Taking out another cigarette, I placed it in between my lips and left it there. I didn't want to smoke a lot. The scent would travel through the house and I didn't want a lecture on why smoking is bad for you.

Tossing the butt in the trash can and got up and stripped out of my clothes. Turning on the water I waited for the water to heat up and then stepped under letting the water splash against my skin.

Looking down at my thighs, the cuts were red but healing. Looking away I rested my head against the shower wall and didn't move.

Twenty minutes later I got out the shower and changed into comfortable clothes. Quickly texting Violet what happened I laid in bed and let sleep consume me.

Sleep was the only best option right now and I knew Violet was going to come soon so I might as well wait it out by sleeping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 6 4
"Wanted to be bold." I blush while I avoid eye contact. "Devin needed to borrow clothes for gym." I stare at my bare legs. "I should've told her no."...
166K 8.8K 65
This book is not intended for anyone under the age of 🔞 to read. Avery's POV... I lay in bed with my eyes still closed, trying to force myself back...
8.1M 194K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
383K 7.3K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...