THE NORTHERN CRUSADE

By Saptaswapal

The North has always endured. They had survived the Long Night, they had resisted the might of the Andals. Th... More

WINTER IS COMING
THE BANNERS OF WINTERFELL
MOAT CAILIN
THE FINAL PREPARATIONS
BATTLE OF GREEN FORK & WHISPERING WOODS
AFTERMATH
THE NEXT MOVE
INTERLUDE- 1
THE YOUNG WOLF STRIKES AGAIN
FALL OF THE GOLDEN TOOTH
THE KINGS OF THE SOUTH
ROBB STARK'S INVASION OF THE WESTERLANDS
INTERLUDE- 2
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 1
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 2: BATTLE OF BLACKWATER
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 3: SIEGE OF LANNISPORT AND CASTERLY ROCK
FURTHER PLANNING
INTERLUDE- 3
THE REACH CAMPAIGN
BATTLE OF OLD TOWN
YOU ARE A GREYJOY AND YOU ARE A STARK
THE SOUTHERN PRINCESS
THE END IS NEAR
THE PLAYERS (BIOGRAPHY)
THE END IS NEAR: PART 2
THE END IS NEAR: PART 3
PRELUDE TO BATTLE
BATLLE OF GODS EYE: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 2
BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 3
CONCLUSION
PEACE AND WAR
THE CITY OF KINGS
THE OFFER
THE FALL OF THE CAPITAL
INVITATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
JUDGEMENTS
CHANGES AT COURT
THE HIGH COUNCIL
THE WALL
BATTLE OF THE WALL
TREATY

THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 4

971 12 15
By Saptaswapal

300 AC

WESTERLANDS

CASTERLY ROCK

ROBB STARK

Robb celebrated his sixteenth nameday in Casterly Rock, a grand feast held in its honor.

The food and drink was taken exclusively from the stores of the Lannisters, of course.

"Sixteen years, and already our King has conquered The Lannister seat!" Wylis Manderly bellowed from a lower table in Casterly Rock's hall causing Robb to smile in amusement.

After they had captured Lannisport and Casterly Rock, Robb had ordered the sack of both the city and the castle. His men also wanted to pillage the city of Lannisport as a revenge for the deaths of their comrades but Robb put a stop to it. It will not look good to burn a city he wants to rule.

It took at least two days to empty the gold of the ancestral seat of House Lannister. And by the gods Robb had never seen so much gold at the same time.

Even the hallways are made of gold, it was a thing of gold and red, each pillar and window shone like one thousand stars and the marble floor gleamed like a thing from the most extravagant of dreams.

It was gaudy, it was wasteful and Robb Stark hated every bit of it.

He preferred the iron and wood of the north, dull and less impressive though they may be. Where the materials used in building their castles were taken carefully, each brick laid and tree chopped done so only out of necessity. There was no marble or gold or red rubies or any excess at all.

Winter was all too unforgiving and his father always said that the wasteful were among the first to perish.

The Gold was not the only spoils of battle he had in his possession. His army had captured various highborn and Lannister prisoners, Ser Stafford's family at Lannisport, Genna Lannister,Tywin's sister, and her husband Emmon Frey.

But his most important prisoner is princess Myrcella Baratheon, sister of Joffrey Baratheon and daughter of Cersei Lannister.

Robb was shocked when he found the princess of the Iron Throne trapped at Casterly Rock, he had thought that Tywin might use her to forge an alliance with Dorne.

So he asked Myrcella about that, which she answered that her Uncle Tyrion actually wanted her to marry prince Trystan of Dorne to forge an alliance with House Martell, but her mother prevented that and instead send her to Casterly Rock for safe keeping.

Robb had actually laughed at that. He laughed at the stupidity of Cersei Lannister. Didn't she realise if she had send her daughter to Dorne and agreed to her betrothal with Trystan , they could have allied with house Martell and win Dorne's support.

But secretly Robb was glad that didn't happen, while Dorne fielded one of the smallest army in the seven Kingdoms, their men were just as well trained as the men of the North and prince Oberyn Martell, the commandder of Dorne's army, was considered one of the most intelligent and dangerous man of the Seven Kingdoms.

Pushing such thoughts away he rose from his seat at high table to adress his men.

"I owe this victory to the men and women of the North!" He said causing a cheer to rose up from the men in the hall, be for continuing.

King of Winter, they called him now. Lion Slayer to.

And among the men and women who witnessed his charge into the Lannister lines, he earned the name Robb the Undefeated.

It was all a bit much to him, but the names pleased his men and offered them easy insults to throw at their Lannister prisoners, so he bore them with pride. For if such a simple thing could keep his men happy, then he would gladly overcome the embarrassment that first came with men awarding him titles he himself never claimed.

"Tonight, we feast at the Lannisters' meats and wines! They so graciously offered them! Who are we to refuse!?"

Laughter, loud and rowdy echoed up from his Lords and Ladies. The Greatjon and Wylis Manderly held their belly while letting loose a great, howling chortle. Lady Maege Mormont and her daughters - Dacey and Jorelle - whooped and hollered and bashed their mugs together. His uncle Benjen, Lord Bolton and Lord Glover, sitting side-by-side, only raised their goblets mutely.

He sat with a sigh and turned to his side where the now captured Princess Myrcella was sitting. The girl was sitting quietly, slowly eating her food. She had been especially sweet to him even after he had conquered her keep, giving him those doe-eyed look he expected from Dacey, and not this sweet innocent princess.

"Though I know why she is doing that" he thought wryly. Since the moment he had met the Princess at Winterfell, she had been enamoured by him, always following him wherever he went.

"Are you alright princess?" Robb asked a little concerned for his beautiful enemy "You are not eating properly".

" I am alright, Your Grace" she mumbled before taking a chuck of her bread.

Robb wasn't convinced, so he repeated his question "You are not alright, I know you want to say something" he said before ordering her in his Kingly voice "Say what you want, I promise I will not be offended".

She hesitated for a few seconds before saying "I know that I am your prisoner your Grace, and I have to go with you where ever you go" she said "But I am not a rider and I may slow down your march, will that offend you your Grace".

Robb looked at her wide-eyed before chuckling at her sweetness and innocence, even after taking her prisoner, she is worried about slowing him down "Do not fear sweet princess, we will have a litter for you and Your cousins from Lannisport, I know many of you highborn southern girls were not used to riding horses" he said before raising his hand and running his fingers down her cheek causing her to flush "And dont fear, you and your ladies will stay at Riverrun until the war is done, I will not have a beautiful princess in a camp full of men" He said with a chuckle causing Myrcella to blush in embarrassment.

He turned to his food, grinning to himself at his success of embarrassing the Princess Of The Iron Throne.

"Your Grace," Wulfric's voice said, to his left.

Robb turned to find his cousin looking at him, his lips formed into a straight line.

"Aye, Wulfric?"

"Is this war over?"

The King In The North And Trident frowned "No, I am afraid it is not, if it was only House Lannister we were fighting then the war would have been over" he said slowly "But now with the Tyrells joining their side, I am not so sure".

His cousin sighed "And here I thought I will be home by this year"

"Aye," Robb agreed, as he swirled the Lannister wine in his cup.

"You know when this war started, I thought it as our great adventure, our own chance to find glory" Wulfric sighed "But after seeing it for real I am not so sure".

"I understand," he said, meaning it fully. "You and I are on the same page. I was also exited when this war started, so determined to rescue my family. But it all dimmed when I received word that my father had been executed" he gave a sad mournful chuckle "I felled a tree with my sword."

The Heir To The Wolf's Den released a startled chortle. "I imagine you needed a new sword, after that."

"Aye. And some rest for my arms. That was not my most rational decision."

The teen released another laugh. This one louder and more joyful. "You certainly make stories for yourself, Your Grace. Robb the Undefeated, they call you now. I wouldn't've believed it, had I not seen it with mine own eyes... Six and ten and you already conquered the most heavily fortified castle in Westeros" he exhaled heavily, shaking his head.

Robb scoffed under his breath once, shaking his head still, even as his cousin grinned at him.

Then, his cousin suddenly jumped to his feet, raising his mug high. "The King in the North!" He bellowed. "The King In The North! Robb The Lion Slayer! King In The Trident! Robb The Undefeated!".

And his bannermen picked up the chant. He turned his head to look at Princess Myrcella, he thought she would be angry at his men. But to his surprise he found the Princess staring at him with loving eyes.

And so they ate. They drank. And they celebrated not only his sixteenth nameday, but also a major victory for House Stark and House Tully, in the War Of The Five Kings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

300 AC

CROWNLANDS

KING'S LANDING

TYRION LANNISTER

"They have my home."

The brooding, deadly quiet voice of his father made Tyrion Lannister wish he was anywhere but the small council chambers. He remembered how his father had reacted when Jaime had been captured; this was even worse.

It was early morning in King's Landing, and Tyrion, who had been recovering from his injury in battle, which he had received from none other than Mandon Moore of The Kingsguard at Cersei's order, had been hastily awakened by Pod at the crack of dawn to inform him that his father was calling the small council.

He had been confused. It was so unlike his father to randomly call a Small Council meeting. And at this hour.

Podrik hadn't said anything except that his father had been looking furious when he ordered the assembly of small council. Those words should have been enough to make Tyrion want to crawl back under the covers. But it was his father calling, and when Tywin Lannister called, you answered.

So Tyrion, thinking longingly of some bacon and juice for breakfast, had made his way to the small council chambers where his father, Uncle Kevan, Mace Tyrell, Grand Maester Pycelle, Randyll Tarly, Littlefinger, Varys, and Cersei were waiting with stony expressions. Of course he was the last to arrive which is a much more obvious entrance. But one look on his father's livid, red face was all it took for Tyrion to realize something had seriously gone wrong.

At first, he had thought something had happened to Joffrey. But he had immediately shot down the idea, as much as the idea of something bad happening to his vile nephew would have given him joy, there would be much more commotion if something bad had happened to the King.

The only other thing that would make his father this incensed was if someone insulted the family name. And his father's number one enemy at the moment was Robb Stark. "What has he done? Is Jaime alright...or did something else happen?" He had thought.

Tyrion sat silently, mulling over his father's answer to his unasked question. Apparently, Robb Stark had marched on Casterly Rock, and his father's garrison combined with the City Watch of Lannisport had fallen to the Young Wolf. Tyrion listened as the reports that came in, depicting how Robb had sailed the Mallisters' small fleet from Seagard at night to trick the City Watch that he was invading by sea. He had split his host again, and one half attacked Lannisport when they had gotten distracted by the ships. The other half had been set upon Casterly Rock a mile away when the garrison had begun to go to Lannisport's defense.

"He's absolutely fucking genius" thought Tyrion. But then felt bad when he realised that he was actually praising his family's enemy.

The rest of the Small Council began to chime in their opinions of what to do about the Robb Stark.

"March on them with the full power of Highgarden and Casterly Rock behind you!" came Mace Tyrell's opinion.

"Doesn't the fat fool realise that Casterly Rock had fallen" Tyrion thought humourlessly.

"Sue for peace," said Uncle Kevan. "Trade the North independence for the Rock."

"Kill them all. Every man, woman, and child who dares to call Robb Stark king. Kill them all," was Cersei's reasoned and well thought out plan.

"They have my home!" bellowed Tywin, in the same manner he had when they had found out Jaime had been captured. "Call the banners. We will take the fight to Robb Stark directly. His Northmen and Rivermen might yell loudly, but large enough numbers ought to quell their roars."

Tyrion rolled his eyes. "I cannot believe you are going to fall for the same trick twice."

That quieted the council. All eyes swerved to Tyrion as Tywin asked calmly, "What do you mean?"

Tyrion sat forward. "Robb Stark is baiting us. He knew that Stannis Baratheon was sailing for the capital and that you would have no choice but to defend King's Landing. You saved Joffrey and the rest of us, but the Stark boy took advantage of your absence to take Lannisport and Casterly Rock itself. Only a fool would attack the Rock without thinking ahead. He knows you will see it as the biggest insult to the family name. He knows you will want to march on him with all your power. By the time you get to the Westerlands, he will have scattered his host and will reform it some hundreds of leagues away, probably at the King's Gate!"

Tywin glared at him. "So you would have me do nothing as Robb Stark sits in my castle. That was my father's before me and his father's before him. Do nothing and let this insult against our family slide?"

The Imp narrowed his eyes. "I did not say that. But marching on him is a mistake. The last time you marched on Robb Stark, he tricked you, freed his grandfather from besiegement, destroyed half our army and took my brother prisoner."

Grand Maester Pycelle spoke up. "Lord Tyrion, I understand your caution. But the Starks are in open rebellion against the crown. They have captured the ancestral home of House Lannister. They must be dealt with severely, or other houses will not respect the Iron Throne or the Lannisters."

"Thank you, Grand Maester, for those words of wisdom," snapped Tyrion. "I was going to say that you cannot hope to beat Robb Stark in the field. We've tried and failed. We must try something else."

"But we have to do something" Cersei shouted desperately "They have our home, they have Jaime, they have my daughter, my sweet Myrcella prisoner".

Tyrion slammed his hand on the table "And that is your fault Cersei, I wanted to send her to Dorne where she would have lived her life peacefully and we would have House Martell back into the fold" He said with anger, but in inside he was also afraid for his niece. Joffrey might be vile and cruel, but Tommen and Myrcella are both sweet and kind.

And now she was at Stark's mercy. Robb Stark had proven by his actions in dealing with Westerlands that he had no love for Lannisters. And gods only know what he is doing to her right now.

Tywin stood up from his chair and crossed the room. His face was a mixture of the Lannister colors: angry red face that looked like it was going to burst mixed in with the gold of his hair. The Old Lion stood at the window that overlooked the courtyard, hands behind his back. Tyrion wondered what was going on in that head of his.

"Something else, you say," breathed Tywin. "But what, if we had Sansa Stark prisoner we could have threatened him or even trade Jaime or Myrcella" he said before turning towards them.

And that is another problem. Sansa Stark had fled the Capitan during the Battle Of Blackwater. Some say that she fled with the Hound, which could be true as Sandor always had a soft spot for her Little Bird, as he used to say.

It was worrisome as Sansa was there only leverage, the only thing that was keeping Jaime alive. But now with him gone anything can happen to his older brother.

He remembered with some sick satisfaction, that father had been furious at Cersei when he learnt about the escape of the Stark girl. And why will he not be after all Sansa was Cersei's responsibility.

"We need something to use against Robb Stark. Anything. Tyrion is right, meeting us in the field is exactly what he wants, even with our superior numbers. The boy's mind is perfect for warfare; I daresay he could've given Dareon The Young Dragon a run for his money."

The small council traded glances with one another. Finally, Cersei broke the silence. "Father, why don't you march north. Take Moat Cailin from the northern scum and raze the North completely. You taught Lord Reyne a lesson, teach the same one to Robb Stark."

Tywin glared furiously at Cersei. Tyrion thought it was extremely pleasing to see his father look at Cersei that way. "I will not place Robb Stark in the same category as Roger Reyne. The Red Lion of Castamere did not know his place and was stupid enough to revolt against his liege lord. Robb Stark is far more intelligent at the age of six-and-ten than House Reyne ever was. He fights for a noble cause, the execution of his father, which was madness and utterly stupid." His glare at Cersei deepened. "His cause just happens to be a treasonous and a lost one at that."

"Father, I never knew you had such respect for Robb Stark" Tyrion thought with both amazement and jealousy. His father had never thought him or Jaime as such.

Varys, who had been surprisingly quiet, finally spoke up. "My lord, my little birds tell me that Lord Hoster Tully has breathed his last. The gods give him rest. No doubt Robb Stark will return to Riverrun for his grandfather's funeral."

"That doesn't help me. Yes, he will probably return for the funeral, but he will be surrounded by more than twenty thousand swords who have a strategic defensive position. He might have even more swords by then."

Tyrion arched an eyebrow. His stomach was growling, and he wanted to wrap this pointless meeting up. They clearly weren't going to decide anything today.

Tywin must have heard his unspoken pleas. "Clear the room. Lord Baelish, Tyrion, you stay." As the other members left, Tyrion saw Cersei glaring heavily at him. "Well, it's not my fault Father blasted you in front of everyone. Or are you angry because he asked me to stay and you to leave? Ah, sister, so many reasons for you to hate me, which one is it today?" He thought fealing giddy with joy.

"We have an additional problem, and I would rather Cersei or Pycelle not hear this," started Tywin.

"Oh, what could be worse than having Robb Stark capturing Casterly Rock and having Jaime and Myrcella prisoner?" asked Tyrion sarcastically.

Tywin scowled. "I would take this more seriously if I were you. The gold mine beneath Casterly Rock dried three years ago. The other mines in the Westerlands have been drying up for years. What we were able to scavenge from the mines...it sits in the Golden Gallery at Casterly Rock."

Tyrion blinked. "So, you're saying..."

"With Robb Stark in control of Casterly Rock, we're broke," said Tywin shortly. "I've been borrowing from the Iron Bank of Braavos for years, lending to the Crown, but the payments were getting steeper. The small amount of gold in Casterly Rock was all we had, and without the Tyrell gold from Highgarden, we had no way to pay back the Crown's debts to the Iron Bank until the betrothal of Margaery Tyrell to Joffrey." He looked at Tyrion. "Which means no more drinking and no more whoring."

"Good thing Shae fucks me for free," thought Tyrion. His more pressing concern was Bronn. The newly appointed knight would not be happy to learn Tyrion was broke.

Littlefinger sat forward. "So the Robb Stark situation has become even more dire than we thought."

"Precisely. If the Tyrells were to get wind of this, they would become the most powerful house in the Seven Kingdoms. We would be at their mercy, instead of the other way around. Not to mention that the Iron Bank will send a representative if we do not pay back the money. And if we can't come to an agreement, the Iron Bank will begin funding our enemy. Can you imagine the horror if Robb Stark have the power of the Iron Bank behind him?"

"Indeed, few men will be eager to fight for the Lannisters once they know you are broke," said Littlefinger. "I love how you say 'you' rather than 'we'." Trion thought sourly.

"I hate to take sides, Father, but perhaps Uncle Kevan is correct. Sue for peace and acknowledge Northern and Riverlands independence for Jaime and Myrcella and put an end to this war" said Tyrion.

"I will not surrender. Nor will I give Robb Stark what he wants. He takes my family home, insults my name, and you would have me surrender to him? I was prepared to accept his surrender. I thought the Blackwater would decide him, convince him that his cause was now lost. But instead, the impudent Starks take my home!" Tywin slammed his fist on the desk, causing Tyrion to jump. "I think I see where Cersei gets her mood swings". "I was prepared to let him return to the North with his tail tucked between his legs and let him be Lord of Winterfell after he surrendered, but not now. He cannot be allowed to live. We need an immediate solution to Robb Stark. How is it that a boy who had never seen combat before this war is beating us?" ranted Tywin.

"You underestimated him too long, and he's throwing it back in your face," supplied Tyrion.

"Do you have a solution, or are you content to throw quips at my face and watch some boy ruin everything I have worked my entire life for?"

"You're asking my advice?" inquired Tyrion. "My nameday must have come early this year" he thought surprised.

"I'm asking it of both of you. You two are the most intelligent individuals on the small council. Prove to me that my trust in your intellect is well-placed. Tell me. How do we beat Robb Stark?"

Tyrion relished the desperation in his father's voice. Just yesterday, Tywin had blasted him for asking for the rights to Casterly Rock and labelled him a humiliating abomination sent to punish his father and his family. And now, barely a day later, he was asking for his advice.

Unfortunately, Tyrion had no advice to give. "I must admit, Robb Stark has stumped me as well as my father. With Sansa escaping our only piece of leverage is now useless and the boy outsmarts us time and time again".

The silence filled the room. The only thing that broke it was Tyrion's stomach growling louder and louder.

At last, Tywin dismissed him. "Go. Get something to eat, but I want an answer by tomorrow" Of course, his father couldn't let him leave without giving him an assignment. Tyrion stood up and walked to the door before realizing Littlefinger hadn't moved.

"Lord Baelish, care to join me? I hate to dine alone on such a fine morning, and you must be starving. There might still be some bacon, you know."

Littlefinger smiled. "No thank you, my lord. I have some additional business to discuss with the Hand. Perhaps another time."

Tyrion nodded and closed the door. But he did not head for the kitchens. His hunger had abruptly abated. He stood outside the closed chamber doors, thinking hard. "What is it that Littlefinger kept silent about until he and my father were alone?" He thought before walking towards the Kitchens for some wine and meat. He need to take a drink after all this drama.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

300 AC

DORNE

SUNSPEAR

OBERYN MARTELL

Oberyn sat once more on a balcony in the Water Gardens discussing the war that was taking place to the north. A war he and Dorne's army should be fighting in not sitting idle while vengeance slipped past them.

Just two weeks ago he received spy reports of the Northern Army capturing Sarsfield and the Crag. Since the outbreak of the war Oberyn had celebrated every single Lannister defeat. He had never laughed or drunk more when word spread of Robb Stark's victory over the Kingslayer and Tywin Lannister. The more Lannister lost the more Oberyn pressured his brother to commit to the war; Tywin Lannister was his he couldn't risk any other killing the old lion.

Even with all those losses Doran still refused to involve Dorne in the war beyond ordering Oberyn to ensure Dorne's borders were secure. A task he fulfilled and then some, he had gathered close to ten thousand spears and positioned them along their borders ready to move as soon as the order was given.

Despite their current neutrality nearly every king had sent a raven to them to attempt to bring them into the war. He still laughed at the raven received from Stannis Baratheon, the man had foolishly wrote that Dorne owed him its allegiance and that he expected them to ride out and join his forces.

Renly Baratheon at least had some sense; the boy had offered the marriage of his future son, with Margaery, in House Martell. If Oberyn had been in the position to agree he would no doubt have consented to the match outright just so he could fight. And besides it was not bad, an alliance between House Martell, Baratheon and Tyrell would have spelt doom for the Lannisters.

They had also received a raven from Tyrion Lannister who proposed a betrothal between his nephew Trystan and Princess Myrcella, which Doran, to Oberny's confusion and anger, had quickly accepted. But the betrothal was suddenly cancelled, which angered Doran. And Oberyn had to agree he had never seen his brother so angry.

Then news came of Renly Baratheon's death and Stannis's defeat at Blackwater Bay, again turning the Tide Of War In House Lannisters favour. With the death of Stannis and their alliance with the House Tyrell the war looks to be over soon.

But then the most shocking news of the war came.

Robb Stark had captured Lannisport and Casterly Rock.

Oberyn, for the first time in his life, had been shocked into silence. Casterly Rock was an impregnable, castle. Queen Visenia Targaryen had even said that they were lucky that House Lannister surrendered after the Field Of Fire because not even dragon flames could breached the walls of Casterly Rock.

Oberyn had then urged his brother to declare for the Starks. With the Lannister base weakened they could pounce on the opportunity. But it seems Doran is still want to wait which angered Oberyn even more.

"I don't know what you are planning brother" he thought with narrowed eyes "But whatever it is I will find out".

It cannot be a coincidence, Doran's reluctance to fight, his plan to betroth his son to his enemy and then be angry when his plan didn't work, as if he wanted to use the Princess as his pawn in his silent game.

But whatever it may be he will eventually find it out.

After all he is the Red Viper Of Dorne.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And Done!
So Robb and Myrcella finally met each other.

The news of capture of Casterly Rock had reached King's Landing and Dorne.

What is Doran plotting, and will ever Oberyn find it out?.

If you liked this chapter don't forget to leave a comment because always remember reviews are food for writer's soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 8.3K 117
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐜𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧| ❝ 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬; 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭❞ In whi...
126K 4.3K 23
Winter is coming and the whole of House Stark knows it, but none know it as the eldest Stark daughter does. Lyon Stark belongs in the north as much a...
2.2K 18 11
This is the third and final instalment of The Warth Of Winter Series. If you haven't read the previous two, then go and read it first to avoid any co...
150K 4.9K 72
"𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓'𝑠 𝐵𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑," their father always called it. Could make a man or woman wild in a sense, unpredictable, and powerful. And when a violet-e...