๐ˆ๐‘๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐’๐‚๐„๐๐“ || ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๏ฟฝ...

By -suitachi

previous title: DEPAYSEMENT โ๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐ˆ ๐’๐€๐– ๐˜๐Ž๐”, ๐ˆ ๐’๐–๐„๐€๐‘ ๐ˆ ๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐•๐„๐ƒ ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๏ฟฝ... More

disclaimer.
zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
xiao.
quirk information.
eleven.
diluc.
twelve.
thirteen.
love interests?
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
childe.
eighteen.

seventeen.

1.4K 97 29
By -suitachi

growl bark bark for him but i can also meow purr if he asks <3

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

"Venti, thank you!"

The green-clad bard was surprised when he was pulled into a warm embrace by none other than a cheery Hana. The girl was all ready for the day, wearing the new set of clothes from Diluc proudly.

When Hana woke up and stretched, her eyes caught the glow of her hair clip. The once dull flower regained its shine and it looked fresher than ever. And she assumed Venti did this since she was feeling rather down when she transferred it to the lyre.

The bard made a confused noise, but didn't hesitate to catch the girl by the waist as she glomped at him with a wide grin that made his day a whole lot better already. Venti pulled her closer to him and shuffled his face closer to her blonde hair, loving the fresh mild scent of mint that lingered around her.

"What for, dear angel?" Venti chuckled, letting go of the girl slightly yet still keeping a close distance. He gazed deeply at her crimson eyes, already feeling himself being swallowed whole by its intensity despite her happy mood.

"For restoring the anemo power on my clip, silly!" Hana giggled before pointing a finger at her clip, a childish grin on her face as she glowed brighter than ever. "Look, look, it's glowing really brightly!"

Venti bit his bottom lip to stop himself from cooing at the sight of Hana practically oozing of brightness. The way her eyes shined like rubies, the apples of her cheeks having their faint rosiness, and her smile...it just made him feel like he was on cloud nine. His heart skipped beats and he had to remind himself to breathe.

Oh, you glow so much brighter, my Hana, Venti wanted to say. You glow like the stars.

Then, the words processed in his mind. Restoring? Restoring what?

His eyes then dragged themselves slowly to where she pointed her finger at; where the clip usually was.

Indeed, it was glowing. The light green glow it used to show gleamed brighter as his eyes landed on it as if it was mocking him. It wasn't his doing. He didn't know that. What had happened?

"Isn't it pretty?!" Hana exclaimed as she touched the clip gently. She failed to notice the darkening eyes of the bard, as it vanished the moment she made eye contact with him.

Venti forced a smile on his face, "Not as pretty as you, my angel!"

Who would dare, Hana?

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

The group finally arrived at Starsnatch Cliff safely. Fortunately, they did not encounter anything major other than a couple of slimes that littered the area.

The wind slowly breezed by, carrying fallen leaves and petals. The sun-kissed their skins gently, giving them a sense of ease and calmness before a storm.

"Wow...what a view!" Hana was awed at the sight of the city from the edge of the cliff, not at all feeling scared of the possibility of falling. Though, the same could not be said for the others.

Three voices exclaimed their concerns at the same time.

"Akahana!"

"Don't stand at the edge, Hana!"

"Hana, not too close!"

I don't even know which of them said that, but they were worried, okay?

Jean and Paimon shook their heads at the worry the three males showed at the girl who obviously found amusement at the moment, seeing that she took another step closer to the edge with a teasing smirk.

Aether, who grew more worried at the girl especially now that the wind was getting stronger, decided to pull her back by her cape and didn't let go, successfully managing to stick her just right beside him.

"Gee, I was just playing..." Hana pouted before turning away from Aether when he gave her a stern glare.

"Anyway," Venti started, calling for everyone's attention, "we must prepare in case of a fight."

"Of course," Jean nodded, "though, regardless of what the outcome may be, everything is finally getting better."

In response, Diluc crossed his arms as a bitter look crossed his face. He scoffed, "In the end, all we needed was a song and a traveler. Well, I do suppose the Knights of Favonius played a part..."

Hana sighed and huffed. "Okay, we get it Diluc. You dislike knights and hate your brother, got it."

Diluc felt mildly offended. "Tch. Get on with it already, bard."

Venti nodded and asked for the rest of them to step back as he played his song. As expected of the musician, Venti expertly strummed the lyre, the instrument creating a beautiful mix of melodies that created a song.

The wind grew harsher and harsher the longer he played, and the others struggled to keep their footing if not for Hana's idea to use her large ass wings to keep them all down.

She sharpened her wings and enveloped them around the group, though she made sure her feathers won't hurt anyone. Her wings just grew another inch a few days ago, and now it dragged behind her even more. It was quite burdening and heavy, but still served its purpose, so she had no complaints. She just wished she'd grow height-wise as well.

Those who were not informed of her having wings decided to question her later when everything had finished. She was protecting them, that was what mattered for now.

"Thank you," Jean said, inching closer to the cover of her wings. Hana just nodded and tried her best to keep her stance by digging her feet into the ground using earth manipulation.

A loud roar echoed from below, and the awaited dragon flew above them. Its blue wings flapped strongly, making Hana's job a bit more difficult.

"You have come..." the dragon roared. "What has been done cannot be undone!"

"Then..." Venti exhaled, "then why do I see the sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks for your yearning for this song?"

Jean gasped at the sight of the majestic dragon. "What...are they communicating—!"

The Acting Grandmaster was interrupted when Hana's voice shouted.

"Watch out!"

She was fast. One moment, she stood her ground protecting them from the wind, and the next she flapped her sharpened wings towards the hiding cryo abyss mage who was about to cast a spell aimed at the bard.

"Stay back, Venti!"

Seeing that she was still too slow to stop the mage entirely, she decided to throw a sharpened feather at the mage. She can handle a couple of lost feathers, Hana can't be afraid of the pain forever.

With accuracy, her wings threw three feathers, too quick for an eye to catch until it had hit its shoulders, successfully pushing the mage back from attacking and down falling.

Hana dove to capture the mage, using her fire lasso to keep it still. She ignored the growing pain coming from her wings.

"Do not...do not listen to him, dragon..." the abyss mage managed to say before crying out in pain from the heat that surrounded its small body. "He has left you to rot alone, and now he attempts to deceive you once more..!"

Jean and the others stood protectively in front of Venti, who still clutched the lyre as if it meant more than his life.

Hana growled, "shut the fuck up, you insufferable vermin," she then made the heat of her flames higher, effectively shutting the mage as it writhed in pain.

The dragon's eyes sharpened. "Barbatos..."

At the call of his name, Venti snathed a quick look at Hana. The girl bore a livid look, crimson orbs glaring dangerously at the captured mage. Did she hear? Does she know who he really is now?

Dvalin roared in anger once more before snatching the mage with his claws and flying away. Surprised, Hana stumbled back and the fire that was previously keeping the mage in place was extinguished.

"Barba—Venti, please be careful..." Jean worriedly said.

The bard rubbed the back of his neck exasperatedly. "Ehe, so you have known my true identity all this time?"

Hana shook her head in disbelief and chuckled. "Venti, it was obvious. I have known since you first showed me the statue underneath the Windrise tree."

At that, Venti laughed. Well, Hana wasn't an idiot, he deemed. "Though, I want to thank you for continuing to use the name Venti."

They all nodded, keeping silent as they digested the events that had occurred.

"What shall we do now? Fortunately, we are able to protect Venti and the Holy Lyre from that mage," Hana asked. If the Holy Lyre had been destroyed, then their efforts would have been useless.

Jean hummed. "Speaking of that," the Acting Grandmaster faced the blonde, a smirk on her face, "Wings, huh? How spontaneous can you get?"

Hana snorted. "Nobody asked!"

"No one really expects a human to have angel wings, Hana," Diluc said in a dry tone, though there were hints of amusement seen on his face. "But, to answer your question, I will have my connections find out about the Abyss Order. Afterwards, we can know how to proceed."

As much as Diluc wanted to act like seeing a 20-foot long pair of angel wings was nothing, he was still trying to process that Hana was somehow an angel spawn. This girl just had to keep surprising him, as if he wasn't entranced by her enough already.

"Alright," Jean straightened her position, nodding her head towards Diluc. "For now, let us return to Mondstadt and wait for the next instruction."

While the rest seemed to agree, Hana shook her head. "Right, look. As much as I want to come with you, I have to go to Liyue."

Immediately, all attention went to her, making her flinch. "W-What?" she stuttered. Did she say anything wrong..?

"Why not come with us before that?" Diluc asked.

The girl shrugged, "I'm afraid I can't. My apologies, everyone. I'll be leaving tonight."

Venti tried to hide his disappointment behind a forced smile. He noticed he had been forcing one recently, but he couldn't help it. "Don't worry about it, Hana! We can handle this~ Just...keep safe, alright?"

The bard didn't even have enough time to spend with the girl due to the situation with Dvalin; he and the others had been too occupied with Mondstadt's issues, too.

Hana smirked, "Psh! Of course, I will! I'm totally responsible!"

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

Hana felt bad about it, and she hated doing it, but she knew the others won't let her go so easily once they learned that she isn't only going to Liyue. She lied.

In the year she had spent traveling around Teyvat, she learned many things, and one of them is that Inazuma wasn't a safe place for vision holders.

It is a good thing she isn't a vision holder.

Shaking off the building guilt of lying to her friends, she faced Diluc, Aether, and Venti, all of them standing beside her door, watching her as she packed her things after they ate dinner together. Jean had to leave early due to her duties as the Acting Grandmaster.

"Are you sure you'll be alright traveling alone? I can get someone to bring you there—" Diluc's doting tendencies stopped when he heard Hana giggle.

"Diluc, Diluc, I'll be fine! I survived Teyvat alone for a long time, and going to Liyue isn't a problem for me," she lied again, biting the inside of her cheek.

Diluc's worry didn't seem to lessen at her words. The slight hesitance she held in her eyes wasn't helping, either. He knew she wanted to say something, but was stopping herself.

"Alright, if you are sure."

Hana finally finished doing her own thing and secured her belongings in a backpack given by Diluc. The girl turned to face her three friends, all of which held different levels of worry and sadness.

Hana sighed at their mood. Gee, it made her even more guilty to lie to them!

"You guys act like I'll be gone forever. I'll be back in a snap!"

Hana waved the three males goodbye while she gave the floating creature a head pat, making a certain bard pout due to the lack of justice. He wanted some head pats, too!

Well, actually, now that Hana thought more about it, she wasn't totally lying, per se. She'll be stopping by Liyue to board a boat, so she wasn't lying. She just purposely didn't tell them more information.

Okay, tell yourself that, Hana. It's ok.

Anyway, seeing that it was night and all, she thought she'd teleport there instead, so Hana walked towards the nearest Venti statue that was placed near Diluc's home. She could only teleport somewhere when she's near a waypoint.

Sparing one last look at the trio plus Paimon, darkness engulfed her and in seconds, she arrived at Liyue harbor. Nearby millelith clutched their hearts in surprise as the peace and silence of the empty Liyue streets welcomed her sudden arrival. Hana stifled her laughter at the faces of the milleliths who tried hiding their looks of surprise.

Nodding her head at them, Hana walked towards Northland Bank. She took her time since she would rarely enjoy the peace Liyue could offer due to her moving around a lot. At first, she thought of paying either Chongyun or Xingqiu a visit, but then she grimaced when she remembered it was midnight and the two were probably sleeping.

Sighing, Hana nodded at the lady who guards the door of the bank before making her way inside, where she is to meet someone who would help her enter Inazuma without a problem. Her eyes scanned the near-empty bank and smiled when it landed on a familiar Fatui boy.

"Oya, Scara! I'm here~" Hana chirped cheerily and ran towards the grown man who shared the same height as her, just a tad bit taller. Maybe it was the oversized, exaggerated hat he wore?

Scaramouche turned around and ignored the other irrelevant Fatui member he was talking to as he heard his name. Already recognizing the voice, he readied himself and prayed his legs would be stronger this time.

Apparently not. His legs buckled and gave up carrying the girl's weight as she jumped on him happily, her arms immediately wrapping themselves around him. Scaramouche clicked his tongue in slight annoyance, though he made no effort pushing the girl away or hitting her head to make her behave.

"Hana. Wonderful seeing you here," Scaramouche said with a forced smile, now trying to pry off her arm off of him so that he could stand up and threaten the staring low-status Fatui members with his eyes. There was no way he would allow them to see him like this! He is a harbinger, for archon's sake!

The blonde, after hearing the sweetness of his voice, pouted and let go. She placed her hand on his forehead and gave it a hard flick, making the harbinger yelp and rub his forehead. "You could at least act as if you tolerate me, you know? You really hurt my feelings!"

Scaramouche rolled his eyes and stood up, afterward offering his hand for her to take. "I absolutely loathe you. Seeing your face ruined my night. Go away and leave me alone."

"Thanks."

The rest of the people around them stared quizzically at the two. Scaramouche was known to be one of the most powerful harbingers and is known for his cunningness. The boy was not well-liked; some say his face was just irritating (Childe, maybe), while others said Scaramouche is literal shit in human form.

Now, seeing that the shitty guy talk with little hostility to this unknown girl was quite new. The fact that he did not attack when the girl jumped at him and flicked his forehead was a new sight. Though he usually talked trash towards people, the lack of truth behind the words he said to her was something to take notice of, too.

Back to the two, Hana took his hand gratefully and was pulled up to stand. She tilted her head as she bent down to take a peek at Scaramouche's face hidden by his large hat. Her eyes narrowed and she leaned closer. "Hmm? Your eyelashes got longer! So pretty!"

The harbinger squeaked at the close proximity, a slight blush escaping his cheeks as he took a step back. "What the hell? Are you crazy, woman?" he yelled, glaring at the woman in front of him who was giving him innocent eyes.

This time, it was her turn to roll her eyes. There was no changing him, really. "I was just complimenting you, old hag."

Scaramouche bit back the urge to retaliate, and instead remembered the reason why they met up in the first place. He sighed heavily. "Hng. Are you ready to go? We'll be leaving in a few."

"Ready! Though I assume you have snacks on your ship?"

At that, Scaramouche let his lips curve up a little, mentally shaking his head at the girl, "Of course I do."

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

ok, so I might have changed how scaramouche acts a bit, but i find it difficult to write about characters with scaramouche's personality jsfnwenf. anyway, this story isn't at all the same as the game's lore and stuff, and i just made my own interpretation for other's personalities and stuff. 

stay safe and drink water! don't be like me who sleeps at 5am and wakes up at 9am uwu~

—gyu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 277 42
Headcanons, oneshots, fanfics and drabbles of characters from Genshin Impact (could be x reader or ship!)
30.6K 772 13
(Rewriting this fanfic on another genshin book) ๐Ÿ’ซYou died and has transported into genshin impact (I know clichรจ), and accompanies the traveler on t...
3.9M 117K 97
๐—š๐—˜๐—ก๐—ฆ๐—›๐—œ๐—ก ๐—œ๐— ๐—ฃ๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—›๐—ข๐—ง๐—ฆ โ•ฐโ”€ โžค a collection of x fem! reader oneshots ยฉ๐˜๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ข๐ข โ–ธ Genshin Impact is owned by Mihoyo โ–ธ Pl...
29.7K 967 17
{๐Ÿชป} scaramouche x fem!reader Hard Work and Dedication. That's what your life consists of from dusk to dawn. All for the purpose of the how your nam...