Agent 007 (A Steve Rogers x R...

By smellslikehotgorlshi

Currently being edited/rewritten. (Chapters with written numbers {e.g. One} have been edited, actual numbers... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Books by Annabelle

Chapter One

8.4K 175 104
By smellslikehotgorlshi

YN's gaze followed the three men as they approached her. Her hands interlaced tightly behind her back. The tallest of the men, the Captain, smiled at her, which YN returned hesitantly.

"Good afternoon, Captain. I am Agent 007." YN said confidently. "I have been instructed by Director Fury to escort the three of you to your respectful sleeping quarters before our tour of the building."

Before the Captain could return her pleasantries, his companion chimed in with a wide grin. "007? Like James Bond?" With a small smile of acknowledgement in his direction, YN disregarded his comment.

"Sam." Steve frowned, shaking his head before returning his attention to the woman in front of him. "Good afternoon, Ma'am. Please, call me Steve. This is Bucky," He motioned to his quiet friend. "And this is Sam, whom doesn't like to keep his comments to himself." He directed towards the bashfully smiling man.

"Sorry..." He quietly snickered, the brunette super soldier throwing a small grin in his direction.

With a quick nod YN turned on her heel and briskly walked towards the entrance of the tower. Her eyes remained ahead however; her trained ears picked up on a hushed conversation that was being had behind her.

"Man, that was out of line back there." Steve whispered to his friend, with a small smack to his shoulder.

"What? It was a perfectly normal comment to make. She literally has James Bond's agent number!" He returned with a groan at the contact the captain made with his shoulder.

"She probably hears it all the time, Sam." Came the small comment from the quiet Sargent. She snickered as she walked ahead, and their conversation fell silent.

As they arrived at the elevator, YN pressed the 'down' button and stepped back, her three companions standing a few feet behind her. As the doors opened, a group of male agents exited the elevator, all throwing sly smirks and whispering inappropriate comments towards the female agent. She made no acknowledgement towards the men as they passed, however their demeaner quickly changed when they caught sight of the three Avengers following behind her. A chorus of "Captain", "Sarge" and "Mr. Falcon, sir" tumbled from their mouths as the four of them entered the elevator.

YN rolled her eyes, quickly swiping her key card and hitting the required floor number before silently waiting for the elevator to move, an uncomfortable silence overtaking the four occupants. Eventually, someone cleared their throat, clearly about to speak before the doors of the elevator opened to their level.

YN moved with ease through the corridors, having walked them for years. "Sargent Barnes-" she started, as the Sargent quickly interrupted.

"Please, call me Bucky." He muttered with an uneasy smile.

YN smiled at him, his uneasiness making him seem smaller than a one hundred and something year old super soldier, ex-HYDRA assassin should be.

"Of course. Bucky, you're temporary sleeping quarters are just to our left. Steve, yours are to the right and Mr. Wilson-" she paused as the mentioned threw her a raised brow "Sorry Sam you are across the hall from Steve. Please, make yourself at home. We suspect the three of you will be residing here for the next few weeks, months even." YN turned her attention to all three men. "There are lavatories in your respectful rooms, as well as a small kitchen area. However, there is a cafeteria on the fifteenth floor where all other agents residing in the facility come together to eat. There should be a schedule on each of your beds with eating times."

YN nearly took a big breath as her small speech concluded, but kept her features set. The men seemed to have a silent conversation with their eyes before Steve acknowledged her with a sad expression.

"Sorry Agent, is there any possibility of swapping my room and Sam's." The captain looked as if he wanted to explain but was holding back, his eyes pleading for her not to question him. YN was not trained to question an authoritative figure, especially Captain America, so she quickly nodded.

"Of course, Captain. Whatever suits for you gentlemen." YN looked behind Steve to see Sam quickly patting Bucky's shoulder, a shy smile tingling at the Sargent's lips. Curiosity was burning at YN's insides, however she schooled her features again as she took the signal to move on with the tour.

They walked through the underground level, walking past her own room which she motioned towards the door. "This is my room. Fury thought it would be... convenient for us to be on the same floor, considering we will be working closely for the next few months."

They continued down the small hall and entered through some double doors after she swiped the card hanging from her neck. Showing the gym and boxing ring. Deciding that it didn't need explaining she moved along. Heading back towards the elevators, YN retrieved three more lanyards with each respective cards for the Avengers tailing her. Pressing 'up' on the elevator she turned to the men and handed them their card, explaining their access and instructing them on how to use them.

Walking into the cafeteria on the fifteenth floor was embarrassingly daunting for the young agent. YN admittedly didn't get along with many of her co-workers, especially the men, which constructed 95% of S.H.I.E.L.D's agents and contractors. They hovered at the door as she explained everything, YN just about to explain the seating arrangements before she was interrupted.

"Hello, Captain Rogers." A feminine voice spoke. Turning and moving to the side, YN watched as Steve and Sharon conversed. YN and Sharon were indifferent with each other, never really having much to do with their respective sections of S.H.I.E.L.D. YN knew she was an amazing agent, Fury had even asked YN if she was interested in the blonde woman being her advisor. YN's pride quickly answered that question for her.

YN's eyes moved through the cafeteria, keeping one ear on the conversation being had between the three Avengers and Agent 13. YN caught sight of a small flash in the far-right corner of the room. Making sure the conversation was still in full swing, she moved slowly and silently around the perimeter of the room towards where she had seen the flash.

Another flash of light and she stormed over to a male agent, taking photos on a conspicuous looking camera. YN snatched the camera from his hands and looked at the screen, sure enough pictures of the three Avengers were sitting right there for her viewing.

"What is this?" Her eyes narrowed at the suspected snitch. His eyes stayed cold which confirmed her thoughts of this not being a young and naïve agent but something a lot more sinister. "Tell me what this is. Now!" As her voice got louder, YN caught the attention of Steve, Sam and Bucky, their faces quickly turning to a frown.

The man tried to rush YN, his fist coming at her with full force. However, YN's training was extensive so she grabbed at the moving fist twisting it behind the offenders back slamming him down on the table he was previously occupying, all while holding the camera in her other hand. Sitting the camera out of reach of her attacker, she communicated through her earpiece to have security come down and escort the man to the interrogation rooms.

"What were you doing huh? Trying to leak juicy photos to the paps? Who are you working for?" YN demanded with a condescending tone. She could feel Steve and his friends moving towards her, followed by Sharon and some security personnel.

The man laughed and YN saw movement in his mouth, her eyes widened and before she could think YN was ramming her fingers into the man's mouth and retrieving the small cyanide pill from inside, luckily still formed. The man, undeterred by the intervention of his suicide, laughed again. "Cut off one head-".

YN quickly interrupted with a knockout punch to the nose and a muttered "shut up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Being in Nick Fury's office was nothing new to YN, in fact, other than her bedroom and the gym, it was one of the only rooms she was actually comfortable being in. However, at this moment, her eyes were firmly planted on the screens in the center of the room, a very uncomfortable feeling settled deep in her stomach. The man from earlier, Hugh Van Dyke she had since been told, was sitting in the interrogation room, hands cuffed to the table and feet chained to the floor.

"How did he get in?" She asked bluntly, her fingers reaching up to scratch at her neck nervously.

Director Fury watched her solemnly, his face trained in a deep frown. "He was a trained S.H.I.E.L.D engineer, YN. He walked in." Fury's voice was calm as usual, but his normally blunt approach was somewhat... gentle. Steve, Bucky and Sam all sat at the far side of the long table in the room. They traded small looks of confusion at their director's soft words.

"Has he ever been this nice to you?" Sam whispered to the other men.

"Not even once," Steve responded.

Their attention turned back when YN huffed. "Who sourced him?" She questioned, fearing the answer.

"Now hold on a minute, YN." Fury started, concerning her even more.

YN huffed again, her glare turning on her superior, which shocked Steve, Sam and Bucky even more. "Dammit Fury, who sourced him?" Her voice final.

Hesitating, Fury turned towards the view, letting a small sigh. "It was you, YN." He spoke softly, turning back around.

"May I be dismissed?" Before Fury could even answer, YN was heading towards the exit. "I will be in my room if any of you require my assistance." She said hurriedly to the three men, nodding as they watched her exit the room. Their attention reverted back to Fury as the door closed, leaving an uncomfortable silence.

"YN is an amazing Head of Operations, and the best damn agent I've recruited since Maria Hill and Natasha Romanoff." Fury said, pointing a finger as the three Avengers kept their features neutral. "She doesn't make mistakes often, so when she does, it hits her hard. If any of you punks even think about questioning her judgement because of this, you would therefore be questioning mine. I'm sure you're all aware of how well I do with the questioning of my authority." He stated, eyes looking down on the three men.

Fury took the three head nods as answer enough, he cleared his throat as he sat down at the head of the long table the four of them now occupied.

"Once she has calmed down enough, I will be getting YN to question Van Dyke, to see where the base of his HYDRA arm is. Once she finds this information out, I will have a team put together, including the three of you, then we blow that motherfucker to pieces. Understood?" Again, three head nods was all it took for Fury to lean back in his seat.

"Who will be running head operative, sir?" Steve questioned, albeit hesitantly. Even Captain America was sometimes wary of the power Nick Fury held.

"You can work that out between yourself and YN," he muttered before sighing and swiveling his seat to face the view once more. As the three avengers got up to retire to their rooms, Fury piped in once more. "Small word of advice, it probably won't be you." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 6.3K 60
"𝖲𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗎𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗉𝖺𝗍𝖾𝖽." ~ 𝑩𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 "𝖶𝖾𝗅𝗅, 𝗒𝗈...
18.6K 656 52
Steve realized the unusual feeling he had when he's near Natasha. "Is it true that my heart belongs to her now?" Steve keep asking himself, doubting...
31.6K 1K 51
*read 'who could love a broken girl' first* *warning contains smut and mentions of violents* we continue where we left of. but it is far from a happ...
18.8K 491 26
Y/N was trained by HYDRA, and has been for as long as she can remember. She has become more dangerous than you could imagine, and she has been given...