Unexpected Liberties

By sunlighting

When Harrison is reading the summary on the back of a book, she doesn't expect her favorite guitarist to trip... More

Chapter One- Books & Mayhem
Chapter Two- Awkward Boy & Blush Face
Chapter Three- Worried Kids and Tired Brides
Chapter Four- The Cheap Coffee
Chapter Five Combined- Stained Glass Smiles and Colorful Laughter
Chapter Six- She Shakes in the Morning
Chapter Seven- Hold On Till Tomorrow
Chapter Eight- Tangled in the Vegetative State
Chapter Nine- Bulls in the Hospital
Chapter Ten- Falling Asleep on Waiting Room Floors
Chapter Eleven- Collide with the... Reality?
Chapter Twelve- The Bedroom Scene
Chapter Thirteen- A Flair for the Negative
Chapter Fourteen- One Hundred Moody Nights
Chapter Fifteen- Fast Times With Credit Card Problems
Chapter Sixteen- Secretive Machines
Chapter Seventeen- The Sky Under The Hallucinations
Chapter Eighteen- I Don't Know The Moody Stranger To My Right
Chapter Nineteen- The Girl Who Could Walk All Day In Boots
Chapter Twenty- I'm Over Sleeping Like A Single Girl
Chapter Twenty One- Falling Asleep on Waiting Room Floors... Again?
Chapter Twenty Two- I'm Low on Willpower and You Need Me Right Now
Chapter Twenty Three- I'm Tired Of Seeing This Hospital Decor
Chapter Twenty Four- Wake Me Up and Let Me Know You're Alive
Chapter Twenty Five- A Man Tells His Girlfriend, "Look at the stars."
Chapter Twenty Six- I Breath You In With Evergreen Trees
Chapter Twenty Seven- This Morning, You Said It Was Two Days 'Til Christmas
Chapter Twenty Eight- Darling, You'll Be Okay
Chapter Twenty Nine- She Held the Phone in Tears
Chapter Thirty- Nervous Habits
Chapter Thirty One- Hail Mary, Let Go Of Me (Whole)
Chapter Thirty Two- Sleeping Like A... Drunk On The Floor
Chapter Thrity Three- An Addictive Bullet and a Gun Made Of Love
Chap 34 My Love For You Was Bullet Proof But Youre Snorting Up in the Bathroom
Chapter Thirty Six- I'm Tired of Holding Up Your Back Up Plans
Chapter Thirty Seven- The Girl Who Could Fly
Chapter Thirty Eight- Surprise, Surprise
Chapter Thirty Nine- Maybe This Is The End
Chapter Forty- In the End, We Are Still Bulletproof

Chapter Thirty Five- Fall Asleep On The FIrst Offense

916 20 4
By sunlighting

                                                            Harrison’s POV

            I quickly threw a couple outfits and toiletries in my overnight bag, anxious about what the guys had planned. Their use of the word ‘intervention’ was intentionally vague. Carefully checking over my things to make sure it looked like I was leaving for a longer period of time than the weekend, I walked out of my room and onto the front steps, Will following behind me. He jumped in front of me to open my door, and then slid into the driver’s seat, speedily backing out. In no more than 10 minutes, we arrived at his small house on a street in the Olde Town. In this maze of nineteenth century homes and one-way streets, his house looked pretty modern. I didn’t realize I had just been sitting there until Will opened my door and grabbed my bag, gesturing as if to say “you coming?” I hurriedly got out of the car and walked with him into his house.

            “Uh, there’s only one bedroom available, and that’s mine. So um, I can sleep on the couch if you’re uncomfortable sleeping with me?” Will um-ed and uh-ed out.

            “Nah it’s fine, although if I freak out in the middle of the night it’s probably because I’ve been sleeping alone. And if I invade your personal space, just push me over, or if I start spazzing out just wake me up, it’ll be no big deal.”

            “Oh, okay.” And with that, Will walked into the kitchen, and the noises traveling to the entrance way told me he was making food.

            “You hungry?” his question confirmed my suspicions, and since I had eaten earlier, I responded with a simple no, asking for directions to the bedroom. Once I got there, I felt a smile crease my face. Posters covered the walls and a desk in the corner was covered in markers and paints and pencils. I walked carefully, afraid he was going to feel I was snooping. I found a stack of paper and canvas, different portraits or doodles, all with a lazy signature and date at the bottom. They were really great, actually. Knowing he was downstairs cooking or eating or something, and I was worn out, I pulled of my jeans and jacket, throwing them on top of my bag and pulling out my worn out sweatshirt. I got undressed down to my panties and then pulled the sweatshirt over my head. Once I was settled in and organized, I pulled down the covers and slid into bed, cuddling up against the pillows. I found my latest book and turned on the bedside light, soon losing myself in the novel.

                                                            Will’s POV

            As I put together a meal for one, like I had for the past four years, I thought about why I was forced to come pick up Harrison so hastily, on such short notice. Her boys were up to something to fix things between her and Tony, I guess. I ate quietly, and hearing no noise, went upstairs to make sure Harrison was doing alright.

            Before I got to the doorway, I began to call out. “Hey, Harrison, getting set-” I stopped yelling when I got to the doorway and saw that Harrison was asleep. She still clutched a book, and her glasses were at an odd angle on her face. I put the book face down on the bedside table and tugged her glasses off her face. Being as quiet as I could, I got undressed down to boxers, but then stood there staring at my spot on the bed. I debated whether she’d be okay with me sleeping in my boxers. I guess it wasn’t that big of a deal, nothing was going to happen. We didn’t like each other that way, and she’d (hopefully) have her boyfriend back by Tuesday when I was supposed to take her home. I got into bed, and upon lifting up the covers, I saw that Harrison wasn’t wearing pants either. Her nice butt was covered by pink daisy boy shorts, he almost-too-thin legs smooth from a fresh shave. I got myself comfortable and did my best to fall asleep quickly and to stop worrying about Harrison.

                                                Mike’s POV

            Once the house was pristine and absolutely drug free, it was my job to wake up Tony. Walking into Vic’s bedroom, I shook Tony as rough as I could. He grumbled at me and refused to get up. I rolled him out of bed and began pulling him down the stairs. After his head hit the first few, he stood and almost fell over but regained his balance and made it down the stairs.

            “Where’s Harrison?” he asked

            “With Will.” I answered curtly, being vague, knowing even though he wasn’t a jealous guy, he would jump to conclusions.

            “Why?”

            “Because you pushed her away, choosing drugs over her and she went to Will, he was the only one there for her. And damnit Tony, you love her. She loves you and you’re fucking engaged! The house is drug free and it is staying that way. You have this weekend under house arrest to fix yourself. Harrison will be back on Tuesday, you get one chance only, and if you aren’t together and you treat her like shit again, she has Will to go back to, okay? Is that getting through your thick fucking head?” I raised my eyebrows, waiting for his slow nod before I walked into the kitchen. Quickly making lunch for the guys, I brought it out and dished out different sandwiches for each of them. Tony rubbed his temple, probably from being in a drug comatose for the last couple of hours. Jaime exchanged a glance with me, and I gave him a knowing look.

                                                            Tony’s POV

            As Mike yelled at me, giving me massive headache, I didn’t say anything. What he was saying was true. I had fallen off track. Jesus, really. Harrison and I were, and hopefully still are, engaged. We were thinking about having kids, and this is what I was doing? Snorting up and hooking up? I was mad at myself for being so outraged with Harrison last night. It was ignorant when the break-up truly was my fault. I knew that if I had said that I was dancing with that girl and kissed her once or twice, Harrison would have gotten over it relatively quickly and forgiven me. I trusted her and she would have trusted me. I started thinking as we sat and ate in silence. Harrison was with that kid, Will. I wonder if he was into her. It wasn’t hard to fall in love with a girl like her. She was gorgeous, pretty damn funny, and brilliant. Beautiful, humorous, genius. I made that beautiful, humorous, genius burn herself, over and over and over again. How terrible of a fiancée was I now? What if she had gotten so bad that she had killed herself? Damn it Tony, why would you go and fuck something like this up? I sighed, mentally slapping myself for being so stupid.

                                                Harrison’s POV, approximately 3 am

            I woke up in the middle of the night, carefully getting out of bed and walking into the wall, confused as to why the bathroom door wasn’t there. I then remembered that I was at Will’s, and walked into the hallway in search of the bathroom. I opened up a door and saw that it was a bedroom with a single bed sitting in the middle. The room was kind of a mess, but there was a path to the bed and the bed was cleared off. Maybe Will just didn’t want me to see this, or maybe he just wanted to sleep with me. I didn’t care either way, and continued in search of the bathroom. After finally opening the right door, I quickly did my business and then stood up in front of the mirror. My belly was obviously not flat, even through this baggy sweatshirt. I sighed. It was one of two things, and I didn’t have the effort to think about either of them right now.

            Oh god. How long had it been? I leaned against the wall and started to cry. Good god, could I not go 10 minutes without crying nowadays? Two months, I thought, remembering the date. Jeez. Two whole months. I should probably go to the doctor soon. A knock sounded on the door behind me.

            “Hey, Hare? You in there? Are you alright? You’re not doing anything dangerous right?” I heard Will’s muffled, and extremely sexy, sleep voice mumble out.

            “Just peeing, why? Need to shake your dragon?” I inquired, not quite sure how true that statement could get.

            “I just woke up and was wondering where you went is all…” he trailed off, and I heard him padding away from the door and back to the warm confines of bed. I soon followed, getting comfortable and falling back asleep.

Guys. I was just re-reading one chapter when I realized I totally siad Harrison was turning twenty three when she was turning nineteen. If you notice things like that, of typos that make a sentence make no sense, please comment that there is mix up so I can fix it for future readers.Also, if you know the secret, don't comment about it, although I don't know why I worry about rogue spoilers because the same 5 people comment all the time anyway. So if you've read this far, I love you because this stories weird and I forget that I have written something and then write about her nineteenth birthday even though it was previously mentioned she was turning twenty three, not to mention my weird update schedule. Anyways, thanks for reading and please please please comment and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.4K 21
As Vic Fuentes and his band Pierce The Veil climbed the ladder to stardom, a valued friendship was torn to shreds. Feelings that were hidden were now...
1K 20 23
{Vic Fuentes Fanfic} Claire was never really into bands. When her best friend Alex convinces her to go to a Pierce The Veil concert, she catches the...
1.5K 96 33
"Don't fuck with me Brenna, I'm warning you" he yelled, as I walked away into the bitter cold, clutching the sides of my thin black shirt to my sides...
66.4K 2.9K 24
Hi my name is Jenna, let's start things off with a little about myself, first off: my life is ordinary, my job is ordinary, my family is ordinary and...