HIS UNFORGETFUL WIFE ✓ [Publi...

By YsabelleMonte2

She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a... More

Prologue
1. The Result
2. Too late
3. The Fall
4. Old friend
5. CEO
6. The Zimmers
7. Formidable Duo
8. Urges
9. Changes
10. Zimmer Grand Ball
11. Third encounter
12. Hospitality
13. Alexander Gates
YSABELLE MONTE'S Books
14. Shabby
15. Shield
16. Voidable
17. Appeal
18. Prince and Princess
19. The Reverend
20. The Church
21. Feelings
22. Bare
23. Obligations and Duties
25. Her
26. Transition
27. The Ellison Gala
28. A Night
29. Enlighten
30. Revelation
31. A day
32. New chapter
33. Orders
34. Say it
35. Checkmate
36. Rewrite
Hey!
37. Clash
38. The Start
39. Rings
40. As One
41. Wonderland
42. Avenge
43. Countermeasure
44. Surprises
45. Heir
46. Mr. & Mrs.
EPILOGUE 1
EPILOGUE 2
Bonus Chapter

24. Promise

96.3K 4.1K 402
By YsabelleMonte2

🎵 If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world? 🎵

A week before the gala...

"Ladies and gent.... I have an announcement to make." Luna started the conversation over a rainy night at the Zimmer estate by clinking her glass. All of them, including Jake, looked at her and stopped eating.

"I already have a date for next week!" The bubbly woman informed the group. All of them exhaled in relief for they thought something serious had happened.

"Good for you, dear." Ziv replied and rolled his eyes internally but was really happy for his exaggerated friend.

"What is a 'date', Auntie Lulu?" Hannah asked. The cute little girl will be staying overnight at the Zimmers.

Natalia requested from Reverend Joseph if she can invite Hannah over and the priest gave his permission in her delight. She called her friends to introduce them to Hannah and also to enjoy their company.

"Oh. It's an adult thing...but to make it long, it is someone who you meet socially because you have hidden desires for that person." Luna answered the girl, who is sitting beside her, in a candid manner.

"Hi..hidden desires?" The kid repeated the phrase that she couldn't understand.

"Luna. Enough of your words." Natalia scolded her friend and gaped at her.

"What? It's somewhat true, right? Oh. Little girl, desire means uhm...like an attraction because you like that person." Luna stumbled with her words trying it to be kid-friendly.

Hannah nodded in understanding.

"Aha! I get it. It's the same with Handsome Uncle and Pretty Auntie. That's why they will date each other at the gala." The child uttered innocently and happily.

Trish slightly choked from her salad while Jake just smirked at the scene seemingly enjoying it.

"Nice job! What a smart girl!" Ziv clapped his hands trying to keep himself from laughing.

"So, who's the poor guy, Luna?" Trish retorted.

"Jonathan Akio." Luna snorted at the red-haired lady.

"The Brazilian-Japanese business tycoon??" Ziv stood up widening his eyes.

"The one and only." Luna said smiling as she lightly tapped her cheeks keeping it from blushing.

"Girl...how did you.." Ziv was really curious now. He handed his phone to Natalia and Trish to let them see the man who they were talking about.

The two women marveled at the image of Luna's date.

"Well, he wanted to go out with me. Simple as that." Luna chuckled and everyone was just amazed. In all fairness, Luna is a beautiful woman with sense of humor. A lot of it.

"How about you, Ziv?" Luna asked the fashion guru.

"Oh. I don't have time for that. I prefer to eye-candy every man that will grace the red carpet. Including you, Mr. Zimmer." Ziv shamelessly told everyone and winked at the Zimmer hunk.

Natalia was starting to regret inviting her friends over. She should cover the ears of Hannah from now on.

"Uhmm..how about you Princess?" Hannah asked. All her friends turned to the brunette woman.

Before Natalia can answer, Deedee, her personal maid, appeared and announced something.

#######

Earlier at Zion Group of Companies.

"Sir, there's a 'someone' who's looking for you." Sergei intentionally highlighted his words.

"What someone?" Alexander inquired as he was still reading some files on his laptop. He glanced over at his assistant with a confused look. He has no scheduled meeting that time and he definitely doesn't do walk-ins.

"This someone." A man's voice echoed then entered the office.

"Grandpa." Alexander stood up and embraced the old guy. His grandfather has been away indulging his travel quests with his second wife. His grandmother died when he was still young.

The last time he saw the old guy was almost five years ago. His grandfather still holds a dignified appearance and his body has recovered a lot since then.

"You've grown into a fine man, boy." The old man expressed patting Alexander's shoulder. The young man just smiled in return.

"Why are you here, Grandpa? Is everything alright?" Alexander inquired. It's unusual for his grandfather to pay an unsolicited visit.

The old man walked to the glass window and stared ahead. He then walked around the office. This was the building that he had acquired decades ago. The business that he started and left behind for the next generation to rule over. His hands were kept inside his pockets thinking about something.

"Boy, I'm not getting any younger and so do you." His grandfather uttered with a meaning.

Alexander froze at his words.

"You promised me----"

"That was five years ago and you're sick that time----" Alexander responded.

"...and was on my deathbed." The old man replied coldly.

Alexander clenched his fists trying to supress his negative emotion. "Why now?"

"Why not now? I've been always waiting for that day."

"It's was just a petty promise. It's not legally binding."

"Oh. So you're discussing legalities with me now? And you're calling what you have promised to me back then---an 'unimportant' one?" His grandfather said feeling hurt.

Alexander said nothing in response. He doesn't want to argue with the old man. His grandfather was the one who had been focused on taking care of him from his teenage years until he graduated. His parents were also there but they were slightly busy with the company. Because of the old man, Alexander had gained much knowledge, wisdom and experienced overflowing affection. For that, he respected and loved the old man dearly.

Five years ago, when his grandfather became very sick with no hope of being cured, Alexander had offered to fulfill any wish his grandfather would like to obtain. But the old man's desire was for Alexander's sake.

The twenty-three year old man, at that time, vowed to carry out his grandfather's request and prayed to the Highest Being for cure and complete healing. His prayers were heard and the old man is enjoying his life up to this point.

"Don't worry. I will still give you time. But don't stretch it any longer. You need to marry your fiancée." The old man declared.

Alexander stared at his grandfather with a pained expression.

#######

Present

"Young miss, there's...a...man who's looking for you." Deedee said looking worried.

Natalia was puzzled but stood up and went to the waiting area.

She stopped her tracks when she saw a man who was drenched by the rain. The wet shirt framed his muscular body making him more attractive than ever. But what really caught her attention was his dark expression.

"A...Alexander Gates?!" Luna said almost shrieking behind Natalia.

The group followed Natalia out of curiosity when they noticed something's wrong with the way Deedee addressed a guest.

They gaped at the man's form confused by what's happening.

"Mr. Gates, what brought you here?" Jake uttered looking at the man's appearance.

Alexander strode forward not caring about the looks on the other people's faces who were standing around.

Closing the wide gap between him and Natalia, he stood few inches from her and slightly inclined his head down.

"Trust me?" He spoke in a hoarse voice.

"Always." Natalia solemnly replied.

They stared with one another as if words are not needed to communicate what they're feeling at the moment. Both of them knew what the truth is.

The man encircled his one arm around the woman's waist and held her neck with the other.

Alexander leaned down and finally kissed Natalia.

#######

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this one. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
265K 9.9K 51
I was roughly brought into my room and dropped into my bed.I was burning with anger. "Where were you?", asked my mad dog husband."I'm out ",I said. "...
1.2M 36.1K 82
Highest ranking: #1 in Millionaire- 28/04/2021 #8 in Romance- 04/05/2021 (Out of 1.33 Million stories, WOW!!!) #2 in boss 13/11/2021 #1 in bitch- 30...
8.7K 429 13
"I DON'T FUCKING LOVE YOU! GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD, BELLA!" He yelled while he pointed his finger to my head. "DON'T LIE TO YOUR FUCKING SELF, CALVIN!"...