We Met Over Coffee (Izuku Mid...

By missweebam

You're finally getting settled into your busy schedule as a college sophomore at UA University! You're taking... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 6

1.2K 35 36
By missweebam

It's been almost 2 weeks since you and Izuku have started dating, and it's been the best two weeks of your life, to say the least. You didn't think it was possible to smile and laugh with someone so much before in your life, yet here you are. After the first date, you instantly called Ochaco to fill her in on everything that happened. You both were screaming in excitement so much that a neighbor texted you to make sure everything was okay and that you weren't getting murdered.

The next time the two of you hung out was when you met at the library (in your special lookout spot) for some study time. You suggested the idea, and you both met up on Tuesday late afternoon to work on your assignments. It was a very casual "date," but it didn't matter to either of you. Simply spending more time together was all you both really wanted.

As you finished some questions for your current reading, you looked to your right to see what Izuku was working on. For the past several minutes, he seemed a little distressed. He would type on his laptop for a little but then erase it just as quickly as it was written. Displayed on his computer was a Word document that was empty aside from a few sentences. He was staring hard at his computer screen, eyebrows furrowed as though he could intimidate the device to do his homework for him.

"Are you writing a paper?" You ask, leaning a little closer to see what he has down so far.

Izuku seems to snap out of his intense daze and turn to you, a light shade of pink crawling up his neck and to his cheeks. He sighs, "Yeah, it's for my Descriptive Electromachanics class. The professor wants us to write a paper on what we've learned so far since it's basically review before the exam coming up. But I have no idea how to even start it... writing is not my thing, but I'll figure it out."

You quirk an eyebrow at him, a little confused, "I can help you, cause ya know... it's literally what I do."

Izuku scrunched his eyebrows again and shook his head. "No, don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

You huff. Of course, he's not going to ask for help. You move your rolling chair closer so you can see the screen. You practically bump him out of the way, taking full control over the laptop. "I know you're fine, but it'll probably be a little more productive if I share my expertise."

"It's okay, really y/n/n," he starts, placing a hand gently on your shoulder to attempt to move you over and back to your own laptop.

But you cut him off before he can continue, "I insist. Besides, I know all about writer's block. This will be a piece of cake. We're a team, remember? You're the pretty and muscular one, and I'm just the specialist."

Izuku flushes but laughs anyway. He knows that you won't change your mind, so instead pulls out his notes with all the electromechanical components needed for the paper. "Okay, but you can take over the title of being pretty. I think that suits you more."

You smile, your eyes still focused on the screen in front of you, "are you sure? You have very beautiful eyes."

Izuku laughs again, "Thank you, but I don't think you're giving yourself nearly enough credit."

You dismiss the comment with a shrug, "maybe I don't, but that won't help you write this paper." You roll up the sleeves of your crewneck and turn to Izuku, whose face is already pretty close to yours.

"Okay, give me a quick run down, and we can go from there."

He stares at your features for a moment, trying to take in every aspect of your beauty. He snaps out of it when you tilt your head to the side, waiting for an answer. To get on track, he quickly flips through his notebook and begins explaining the concepts.

You were both able to get a solid chunk of his paper done in the 30 minutes you worked on it. The whole time Izuku was telling you that he would be just fine now that you got him started, but you insisted on adding another sentence. Of course, he was extremely grateful, and when you both looked at the time, you decided it was good enough for now.

You playfully scolded him for not asking for help sooner, to which he promised he would give you a discount the next time you came into the cafe as a thank you. Happy with the result, you both walked out of the library, pinkies linked, and promised you would both see each other soon.

Several study dates followed since it was the only time you both were free during the week. Izuku got his paper completed, and you were staying on top of your work. The two of you have become increasingly closer, both being able to relax more in each other's presence and not have to put up that social front. Nothing physical has really happened since the kiss you gave Izuku on the cheek during your first date, and you're grateful for the slow pace. Without worrying about trying to please anyone physically, you feel like you can actually get to know him without the anxiety of needing to perform or offer something you don't want to do.

Now that you're feeling more comfortable, you ask if you want to move your study dates to your apartment. That way, you can both talk and maybe even relax on the couch instead of sitting in those wooden chairs for hours on end. Izuku accepts, and in a few minutes, is about to show up. You've taken the liberty of buying some snacks and cleaning up the place in preparation, and as you drape the now-folded blanket over your sofa, you hear soft knocks on the door.

You excitedly speed walk to the door, and with a large smile, open the door to reveal the green-haired cutie, who's also smiling. His hands are behind his back, and when he sees the curiosity twinkle in your eyes, he pulls his arms back to the front to reveal a bouquet of flowers. Daisies, sunflowers, and lilies are the mix's main features, with some small accent flowers accentuating the display. You gasp lightly, not expecting this gift at all.

"Izuku," you breathe, taking the flowers into your hands. "These are beautiful, thank you."

"I'm glad you like them!" He smiles, making a mental note to thank Tsu for helping pick them out.

"Oh sorry, come on in!" You laugh, realizing that you're still both standing in the doorway. You hold the door open, and as he comes in and takes in the decor, you make your way to the kitchen to put the flowers in a vase of water. As you're doing that, Izuku chuckles to himself. The decor is such a reflection of you that he almost can't believe it. He really likes it, down to every detail. Your personality shining through from the placement of the pillows to the design of the blanket folded over the couch.

"Would you like anything to drink? Water? Lemonade?"

"Lemonade would be great, thanks," Izuku says as he follows your voice into the kitchen. The flowers are now settled on the kitchen counter, delicately placed in a clear vase. Your back is to him as you pour two glasses of lemonade. "I like what you've done in here. It really suits you."

You turn around and smile; Izuku now hunched over the counter, elbows rested on the table. "Thanks, it definitely took some time to get everything settled, but it works! A lot of the stuff here is thrifted or bought second-hand. I think it adds some personality."

Izuku agrees, and you both make your way over to your small dining room table, and after catching up, you jump into your work. You've done the homework and studied with people in the past, but doing this with Izuku makes you feel so much more productive and, dare you say... enjoyable? You've been a lot more willing to get your work done now more than ever if it's a "date."

About an hour and half a pitcher of lemonade later, you notice Izuku grumbling over his computer, shoulders hunched as he rapidly types on his keyboard. You at first let it go since he tends to mumble about the work he's doing but once he starts mumbling curse words, do you decide to jump in at this strange change of character.

"Is everything okay?"

Izuku snaps his eyes up, and his shoulders relax slightly, seeming to remember where he is. "Oh yeah yeah, just a little frustrated. But it's nothing I can't handle."

You furrow your eyes brows, "why are you frustrated? What's wrong?"

He knows you're not going to drop this, so he reluctantly begins explaining. "In my programming class, we were assigned a group project, and I'm just having some issues with some people in my group."

You nod along, listening as he rants.

"I'm sure there's a good reason, but two people in my group are blowing off their jobs, so the work is getting pushed on to me. It's not a problem, really, but it's just a lot more than I was expecting."

"That's stupid. You shouldn't have to do their work for them."

"Yeah I know, but it's not like it's too hard. It's just stressing me out a little."

"You should tell them to do their work or you should tell your professor the problem. They're adults, and if you're saying it's not hard then they shouldn't have any issue doing it themselves."

Izuku purses his lips, obviously uncomfortable with the idea. "Okay... maybe I will."

You internally roll your eyes. Izuku is too nice for his own good. "It's great that you want to help them out, but if it's making you feel stressed and frustrated, it definitely best to stop and consider yourself for a change. That's completely unfair to you."

Izuku deeply exhales and runs a hand through his green curls agitatedly. "You're right. I'll send them an email right now. Maybe if I finish up my end early, I can always contribute on their part. Thanks for letting me rant, I needed to get that off my chest."

Knowing that is the closest you're probably going to get him to unload the pressure on his side of the situation, you decide to drop it and tell him that's a great idea. "Of course, I'm here for that anytime."

Looking a lot more like his usual self, Izuku sends you a small smile and turns his focus back to his computer. You both continue working for about another hour until you decide that you're done for the evening. It's a little after 6, so you ask if he wants to stay for dinner, and since Izuku doesn't have work tonight, he accepts wholeheartedly. You decide to make chicken fettuccine alfredo, and as you're cooking the pasta, Izuku takes care of the chicken. With an extra set of hands, dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes. As you eat, you catch each other up on what's been going on in your lives, as well as the plans for the weekend.

"Are you going to go to the football game?" Izuku asks after he takes a sip of water.

"Yes!" You exclaim, shocking the boy across from you with your enthusiasm.

"Wow, I didn't realize you were so into football," Izuku laughs.

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan but I was surrounded by it when I was growing up so I just know a lot. My dad is a massive U.A. football guy so I've practically been brainwashed into knowing all about it." You explain, a smile falling onto your lips at all the memories of your family going to the enormous stadium.

"That's really cool! Are your parents coming for the weekend?" Izuku questions.

"No, but I think they'll come by one of these times. My parents are vacationing in Europe right now so once that's done they'll swing by."

"Wow! I've always wanted to go to Europe. The history and architecture look so beautiful in pictures," Izuku comments in between bites.

"I totally agree. I miss them but they keep me plenty updated on what's going on. How about you? Are you going to the game? Or are you gonna visit your mom?"

"Yeah I'll be at the game, I have to support. Kachann would beat me up if I wasn't there," Izuku smiles. "Then I think after that I'll go home for the rest of Saturday and into Sunday."

"That sounds really nice, so are you doing anything on Friday night?" You ask, already thinking you could go out together.

A guilty look falls over his face, "Yeah... unfortunately I have to work that night. But that's why I asked about the game. Would you like to go together? I think Mina and Denki are planning a large tailgate before the game too."

"Yes! That sounds so fun! Too bad you have to work though, maybe I'll stop by."

"Okay cool! The parking by the stadium is only for visitors so I was planning on just walking over. We can meet halfway or I can meet you here?" He offers. " If you want to come to the cafe, you totally could! I have a feeling it'll be a pretty slow Friday night. But don't jeopardize your plans to come."

"I can meet you halfway and save you the extra steps," you start with a laugh. "I don't have any plans as of yet, but either way, I'll try to come. Or maybe I won't, it'll be a surprise to keep you on your toes."

Izuku grins, "Okay great and that sounds good. I'm sure I won't suspect a thing."

You giggle and continue on with the conversation. After you both eat, not wanting to end your time together, you ask if he wants to watch a movie. He agrees, and after you both quickly clean the dishes, you make your way over to the couch, and as you turn on the T.V. and get to Netflix, Izuku grabs some snacks and sits down. He sits on the end of the couch, letting you decide how much space you want. But as you make your way over to the couch, you take a seat right next to him. Izuku's heart skips a beat at the proximity but also needs to contain his smile at the fact that you're growing more comfortable.

"Anything, in particular, you want to watch? Maybe we can start a show?" You ask as you scroll through the options.

"I heard Jirou talking about a movie that she really liked, maybe we can watch that?" Izuku suggests.

"Sure! Do you remember the name?"

You find the movie and spend a good two hours watching it. It was a suspenseful mystery film. Jirou has good taste because you both were very engaged and would talk during slower scenes to formulate hypotheses on what would happen next. Izuku ended up being right, of course, being the analyst and all, but regardless of the light teasing you endured from him, you'd say it was a pretty solid movie.

As the movie progressed, you both became more snuggly, which resulted in some cuddling action. By the end, you were lying down next to each other. Izuku's head on a pillow and yours on his chest. The blanket that you folded earlier was settled on top of you both. It happened naturally, and it was a great way to unwind from the busy past few days. Granted, it was only a Wednesday, but you made it to the halfway point, and with your schedule being lighter on the back end of the week, you were growing excited for the weekend.

Shortly after the movie ended, Izuku said he should probably head out. After folding the blanket and insisting that you can clean up the rest of the snacks, you walk Izuku to the door.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Izuku says, already standing outside. The cool fall breeze blows through his hair as he tilts his head down at you. "Thanks for having me over."

"Yeah of course! That sounds like a plan." It's quiet for a few beats. Izuku shifts his eyes down to your lips then back to your eyes again. The growing desire to kiss you increasing steadily with each passing moment you both spend together. You notice his hesitancy, and when he looks away, you lightly place a hand on his cheek and guide his face, so he's looking at you again. "You can kiss me," you whisper, your stomach doing flips.

He leans in, but he stops. You feel his breath on your face, his lips ghosting over yours. He pulls back and looks you in the eyes. "Are you sure?"

Feeling like you've never wanted anything more in your life, you nod. A wide grin settles onto Izuku's face, and this time when he leans in, he doesn't stop. Your lips connect in a soft, sweet kiss. Anticipating this moment, you thought it would feel like fireworks going off in your head or an overwhelming amount of emotions swirling in your chest, but it wasn't like that. Instead, it felt natural, like something you should have been doing all along. As quickly as it happened, it was over. You both open your eyes, a goofy smile rests on both your faces.

Izuku giggles, and a light blush covers his freckled face. "I'll uh... see you."

A blush that mirrors his own dusts your cheeks, and you briskly nod. "I look forward to it."

"Goodnight y/n/n."

"Goodnight."

Izuku then turns and walks down the stairs, and you head back into your apartment. As soon as you close the door, you excitedly jump up and down, not believing that that just happened! You frantically go on the hunt for your phone to dial up Ochaco, knowing that the next 30 minutes will be filled with screaming excitedly and maybe another text from your neighbor making sure you're okay.

Once Izuku knows your door is closed and he's enough out of earshot, does he let out an excited yell. "Let's go!"

+++++

Once Friday night rolled around, staying true to your plan, you came into the cafe to "surprise" Izuku. When he saw you come in, his mood instantly lifted. As he said a few days before, the shift had been going very slow, so it felt like he's been standing behind the counter for way more than two hours. But what did surprise him was that you weren't alone. Ochaco, Jirou, and Tsu were entered behind you, who were very excited to see Midoriya in action. You texted all the girls in the group chat that Mina made a while back, but not everyone could make it.

You decided on a hot chocolate for the night, opting for no caffeine since you actually want to get a good night's sleep. You and the girls kept Izuku company. Sometimes he's been pulled away mid-conversation to make a drink for a customer or refill some supplies, but he would always rejoin with the same cheerful smile he wore when you came in. By the time he realized it, it was almost 9. Izuku decided to start cleaning up early, and that was when you guys said your goodbyes. All of you buzzing with excitement for the football game that was tomorrow.

Saturday morning came quickly. You were awoken by your neighbor downstairs, who was already blasting music in preparation for the big day. Since the game was at 2:30, by 10 am the campus was already in full swing, tailgating and getting hyped for 4 hours of football. At about 11, you were dressed in the school's colors and walking out the door to meet Izuku. As you approached the meeting spot, you spotted Izuku already there, sitting down at the bench where you opted to get together. At the sound of your approaching footsteps, Izuku looked up from his phone and smiled at just the sight of you. Despite the weather cooling down, today luckily happened to be reasonably warm, already at about 65 degrees. You wore a white tennis skirt paired with a layered white long sleeve underneath a crew neck with the university's emblem. Your hair was up in a fun gameday style, and you had a U.A. sticker on your left cheek. Izuku stands up from the bench and meets you halfway.

"Happy game day!" He says enthusiastically.

You reach your hands out and meet him in a hug, your arms wrapping around his neck. "Happy game day!" You excitedly say back. You let go and see his face is red. You've come to love getting him flustered. It's obviously not that hard, but still, it's fun.

"Ready to go?" Izuku asks. With a nod, you wrap a hand around his bicep, and you guys begin your walk to the main tailgate parking lot, which is only a good 8-10 minutes away. The time passes quickly since you both fill each other in on how your mornings went. Izuku told you he went to the gym, and you told him you were woken up by loud 90s rock music.

As you approach the parking lot, you hear your friends before you see them. All of them yelling shouts of encouragement as Denki and Sero do keg stands. As soon as you get to the main group, you're both welcomed with open arms, and drinks are instantly placed into your hands. It feels weird drinking before noon, but you go along with it. Izuku gets pulled away with the guys, who challenge him to a shotgun beer race. You, of course, have to watch and laugh out loud as Izuku finishes in last place. His face cringes as he completes the can. He shakes his head to try to get over the taste.

"Ugh, that was horrible," he comments once he reaches you again. You rub his back soothingly and hope that it helps to heal his somewhat bruised ego. You giggle, and as you're about to offer him words of encouragement, someone taps you on the shoulder.

You turn to look at who it is and are met with a guy you've never seen before. He's a few inches shorter than you, and he has an interesting head of purple hair. He's wearing a baseball cap backward with Nike shorts and a U.A. jersey. His appearance isn't what gets you. It's the way his eyes are practically glued to your thighs. You shift uncomfortably under his gaze and take a step closer to Izuku, who's preoccupied with a high Sero going on and on about something.

"Heyya gorgeous. I'm Minoru Mineta, but you can call me anytime."

"Right. Hi," you say, taking another step closer to Izuku as Mineta leans close to your face. You bump his shoulder, and Izuku looks over at the feeling. When he does, he instantly notices your tense demeanor and instinctively rests his hand on your lower back.

"So I haven't seen you around before, but I sure like what I see." Mineta comments, and that all too familiar feeling of anxiety bubbles in your stomach, leaving you feeling nauseous. "Would you care to get out of here to go somewhere else? I can buy you a drink."

"Sorry Mineta, but she's taken." Izuku authoritatively states. His arm now moves from your back to wrap around your waist, pulling you close to his side. At the motion, you rest an open hand on his chest. "So if anyone is going to buy her a drink, it's me."

"Oh shit. My bad Midoriya, I didn't realize," the purple-haired frat-boy backtracks. "Congrats on getting such a dime."

Izuku leads you away, and once you're a good distance away, Izuku lets go of your waist and instead gently places his hands on your shoulders. "Are you okay? Sorry I didn't realize sooner. He's a real pain."

You deeply exhale, "yeah I'm okay. Thanks."

"Why don't we got to see where Ochaco and the others are?" Izuku suggests. You agree and Izuku, whose fingers are intertwined with yours, pulls you through the crowd and towards the familiar faces of your friends. When they spot you guys, Ochaco and Mina scream with glee and pull you into a tight hug, which instantly makes you forget about Mineta and focus more on the excitement of game day.

You guys tailgate for a while, steadily going from tipsy to almost drunk. This is the first time you're having a fun tailgate experience since you haven't been to one since you were little. In the past, Tomura didn't want to go to the games, which meant you couldn't either. It's now 2, so everyone decides to walk over and into the stadium. Somehow Todoroki secures spots in one of the first few rows, so you all pack onto the benches and wait in anticipation for the game to start. It's a pretty big matchup since today U.A. is playing rivals Shiketsu. You remember your dad saying that this is a game that he wished he could see. Even if he's not here, you know he's probably still gonna keep track of the score even if he's thousands of miles away.

You're standing on the bench, already participating in chants. Izuku is on your right and Ochaco on your left. While you were tailgating, you met some other people who took that summer program that your friends in 1-A took. They consider themselves squad 1-B, and they're all, for the most part pretty cool. In the few minutes of talking, you really clicked with an orange-haired girl names Itsuka Kendo, who's a communications major with a minor in journalism. You were able to rant about some of the classes you took since you had similar pre-requisites. You also had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting Monoma, who was all in Izuku's face about how much he sucks at shotgunning. The moment he started talking, you were irritated, but once Kendo smacked him upside the head, things were much better again.

Suddenly, trumpets sound, and the U.A. football team takes the field. The stands are absolutely packed, and the energy from the crowd buzzes in your ears. Izuku told you earlier that Bakugou is number 13 and Kirishima is number 27. You spot them standing next to each other. Denki practically surges with electricity when we win the coin flip, and your whole group cheers louder than anyone else when it's Bakugou and Kirishima that take the field as starters.

"Hey Ochaco, can you take a picture of us?" You ask, already moving closer to Izuku.

"Of course!" Ochaco responds and grabs your phone from your hand, already trying to get the best angle of you both. You rest your hand on his chest, and he, although flustered, wraps his arm around your waist and smiles brightly at the camera, both your cheeks tinted light pink.

"Ugh! SO CUTE!!" Your brown-haired friend exclaims and hands your phone back to you after taking several photos. With Izuku's arm still resting on your waist, you scroll through the pictures with him. You smile at one of the last ones, where you both are looking at each other with genuine smiles on your faces.

"Thanks, Ochaco," you say, blowing her a kiss.

She catches it and slaps the hand she caught it with on her cheek. "You betcha."

The next several hours are a blur. It's very intense. As soon as one team scores a touchdown, the other team follows suit. It's a nail-biter of a game, and at halftime, the score is 28-28. You know that U.A. is a better second-half team than a first-half, so you know that once they come back, things will definitely change for the better. The other team has some stand-out players, the most notable being Inasa Yoarashi. He's as fast as the wind and impossible to tackle down. You're sure the pep talk your team is going through is probably heavily focused on stopping him.

Just as the third half starts, Izuku hands you a soft pretzel that he got during halftime, and with a grateful thank you, you go back to watching the game. Just like you thought, U.A. pulls a solid lead by the 4th quarter, the score now being 42-31. With 5 minutes left in the game, it's pretty clear that U.A. will take the win. With Shiketsu desperate to gain some points, their team is frazzled, and during one of the plays, a player illegally hits Kiri, knocking him down to the ground hard. So hard in fact, that you gasp when you see it, and he doesn't get up right away. Your friend group shouts at the field in agitation at the rough play, but the refs seem to have missed it since they start to move on. You watch at Bakugou, number 13, storm up to the player and jab a finger into their chest. Obviously fuming at the foul play. Due to the coaches and U.A. quarterback going absolutely ballistic, the referees rewind the play and make a new decision.

"If Kirishima was such a star player, something like this shouldn't have hurt him so much."

You whip around to face Monoma, who has a smirk on his face. "It was an illegal hit. It's not something you can prepare for."

"Yeah, watch your mouth Monoma," Kendo states. The blond preppy boy grumbles to himself but ultimately keeps quiet.

After reviewing the replay, the referees decided that it wasn't an illegal hit and carry on where they left off. This made you and everyone else in the stands irritated.

"Are you kidding me? Are we watching the same game ref? My grandma can even see that was illegal!" You shout. Izuku turns to you, a stunned look on his face. When you realize he's looking, you quickly cover your mouth with your hand. "Sorry, I think my dad possessed me for a second."

He laughs, "it's totally okay, it's just funny is all."

"You think I'm funny?" You ask sarcastically.

"Yeah... funny looking." Izuku doubles over, cackling like that was the funniest joke he's ever told in his life. You roll your eyes at the horrible dad joke but grin nonetheless.

"Wow," you draw out. "You got me good."

"It was too easy," he continues to laugh. You narrow your eyes and playfully punch him in the arm.

The next few minutes of the game go by quickly since not much happens. Of course, Bakugou gets his revenge on the player who took out Kirishima by picking up the fumble that that player dropped, allowing the game to end a minute before the time was up. The crowd cheers at the win, and after the victory song, you all exit the stadium. You decide to wait by the football doors to congratulate your friends when they come out.

After the hit, Kiri was helped off the field. Those last few minutes, you saw him walking around the sidelines, and when they won, he ran onto the field to congratulate his boyfriend, so it seemed that the hit didn't mess him up too much.

There's a large crowd waiting for the players to exit the doors, kids and adults alike wanting to meet or even get an autograph from some players. Your group stands off to the side, knowing that when Bakugou and Kirishima are done with the fan service, they'll find you. Just like you thought, as soon as they come out of the stadium door, they're bombarded with congratulations and the like. It takes a few minutes, but the two finally get over to your group.

Sero and Denki practically throw themselves on them, which earns a good scolding from the blonde firecracker. You and the girls go over to Kiri, asking if he's okay.

"I'm fine guys, really. I just got the wind knocked out of me, it'll take way more than that to keep me down."

You smile and continue to listen to the redhead talk about the game. As he talks, you look around to try to find Izuku. You spot him with Bakugou, standing off to the side a little, rambling away as Bakugou's face is set into a stern look, taking in every word.

"Izuku is giving him a rundown on everything that he could do better on. Even if Kats doesn't want to admit it, I think he trusts what Izuku tells him more than our own coach."

You can understand since Izuku has a great eye. As Izuku talks, a smile is present on his face. There are definitely more good things that happened than bad this game, but it's obvious to see that the intense quarterback is trying to learn everything so the team can be number 1.

"Apparently they've been doing this since high school," Kiri mentions again. You turn your attention back to Kiri, but there's another player at his side this time. His silvery spikey hair is equally hard to miss, and his insane tackle against the pesky Inasa Yoarashi seems to be one of the big topics after the match.

"Hey! The name's Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu," the big guy practically shouts. "I'm sure you saw, but it was me who took down Yoarashi." He flexes his muscles and winks at you and the girls. You all laugh at his goofy advances. You were told that he was also a part of the summer program, so they know his flirting is all for laughs.

He joins into the conversation, and as Kiri goes on about how some smack talk was going on, Tetsutetsu turns his full attention to you.

"I didn't get your name," he says.

"It's y/n l/n."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he bashfully smiles.

You laugh nervously, hoping that he's just acting romantic instead of actually trying to flirt with you. "Thank you, I met these 1-A guys a few weeks ago, congrats on the win."

"Thanks, it's all in a day's work," He shrugs. He then suddenly wraps his arm around your shoulder and pulls you close to his side. The sudden action was unexpected by you, and you instantly tense up. "I can't believe you guys haven't had me meet this cutie sooner." He exclaims to the group.

At that moment, Izuku and Bakugou decide to make their way back to the group. You and Izuku make eye contact, and an old feeling of dread rushes through your system. Suddenly terrified that he could be angry that you're under the arm of another guy (even if it was not what you were prepared for) makes you immediately remove yourself from his hold and rush over to Izuku, meeting him halfway.

"What's the matter?" Tetsutetsu lightheartedly asks, following you over to the green-haired boy. "Don't like my company?"

You stand next to Izuku and wrap your arm around his bicep. "Sorry, but I have a boyfriend."

Izuku and Tetsutetsu's eyes widen at your statement, both not expecting that answer. Bakugou quirks an eyebrow and looks between you and his childhood friend. Also not aware of this new development, not that he keeps tabs on Izuku or whatever, but this would be his first relationship, so it does surprise him a little. Tetsutetsu immediately puts his hands up in surrender, "Sorry! I was just messing around, but good to know. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"It's okay," you smile, silently praying that Izuku thinks it's okay too. Kirishima yells to Tetsutetsu, and he goes back over to the group, leaving you, Izuku, and Bakugou. You turn to Bakugou, who's already looking at you with curious eyes.

"That was a good game," you comment.

"Yeah I know," he states.

"I guess that makes you 1-2 if you want to convert it into our beer pong tally."

"Fuck off with that shit." He practically yells, now narrowing his eyes at you.

You mischievously smile, and Izuku jumps in. "Kachann you should go celebrate with the others, I'm sure they want to talk to you too."

Bakugou grumbles but walks off anyway. As he leaves, he shouts, "the score is still 0-2 but I'll fix that soon."

"Whatever you say!" You call after him.

He scoffs but nods in approval, offering you some respect. At first, he wasn't sure about you, but it seems you could maybe, potentially be a good fit for Izuku as long as you don't fuck up. He still plans to keep an eye on you though.

With Bakugou now gone, it leaves you two alone, and your anxiety grows. "S-sorry about earlier, he put his arm around me without asking... it was really sudden. I didn't want him to do that, I swear."

"You don't need to be sorry," Izuku exclaims. He saw how panicked you looked when Tetsutetsu had his arm on your shoulders, so he knows you were uncomfortable with it. Despite that, he did feel a twinge of jealousy, but that feeling quickly disappeared when you wrapped your hand around his arm. Izuku also realized that you might've thought he'd be upset with you with how things probably went with your past relationship. He has also seen how touchy Tetsutetsu is, so it's not like it was a new out-of-character occurrence. "I was more thrown off about you calling me your boyfriend."

Your eyes widen, and you feel heat settle on your face. "I know we haven't labeled what this is, which is fine, but I-I panicked when he followed me and I didn't know what to say... I... I'm sorry."

Your nervousness surprises him since you're usually so relaxed. He now realizes just how panicked you are to make sure he's not mad. He looks up at the group and sees that they're all busy talking to a yelling Bakugou. So, he moves his open hand to rest over yours that holds his arm, which results in you looking up at his face again. "Don't worry, y/n/n. I'm not mad, okay? And to be honest, I was planning on asking you officially to be my girlfriend in a more romantic setting," he laughs. Also feeling his cheeks turn light pink at the confession.

"Oh!" You exclaim, bring your free hand to cover your mouth. He laughs at your reaction, and you cast your head down and scrunch your eyes shut, hating that you ruined the idea of it being a surprise. "Dammit, I'm so stupid."

He smiles and brings the hand that was rested on your hand up to your cheek, effectively guiding your face back up to look at him. "Seriously, don't worry about it. Just act surprised."

You groan, and Izuku simply laughs, pulling you closer to his chest for a hug. He didn't realize how fun it is to make you flustered, and he plans to do it again since it's only fair because you simply looking at him is enough to get him nervous.

After the short embrace, you both join back into the group and continue mingling with the 1-A and 1-B groups, Izuku subtly holding your hand. They're entertaining, and you don't realize how late it is until you look at your watch. The football guys have to go to the locker room for their celebratory dinner and post-game analysis, so as they leave, the rest of you decide to eat at the dining hall. The place is packed, and it takes you at least 15 minutes to get food, but once you finally get it, you all continue conversations about class schedules and crazy drinking stories.

After 45 minutes, the talking slowly dies down, and it's evident that after the busy day, everyone is exhausted. So with a reluctant goodbye, you all depart and promise to see each other again soon.

You and Izuku walk out into the now cool air and make your way back to your apartment. When you suggested you could separate halfway, Izuku insisted he would walk you back to your place. Of course, you didn't mind. You want to spend more time with him and are currently debating asking if he wants to hang out longer.

"So, you know how Yaomomo is having her birthday party next weekend?" Izuku asks, holding your hand inside the pocket of his jacket.

"Yeah, I heard her talking about how it's going to be pretty lavish," you say. "Why do you ask?"

"Because I want to know if you'd like to go with me as my date." Izuku smiles, looking at you with a lopsided grin. He knows your answer, so he's not that worried, but he's found it entertaining to watch your eyes light up, and a happy smile finds its way onto your pretty face.

"Yes! I would love to!" You exclaim, now suddenly having your thoughts go practically a mile a minute trying to think of where you'll find an outfit fit for the occasion.

"Awesome! We can figure out all the details later," he smiles, heart full of happiness. You both for a little longer until you stop in your tracks, successfully stopping Izuku as well. "What's wrong?"

"I haven't kissed you in a while," you state absentmindedly like it was something you didn't mean to say out loud. "Can I kiss you?"

Izuku's eyebrows shoot up, "Uh yes, yes you can."

You smile and, with your free hand, rest it on the back of his neck, effectively pulling him in for a sweet kiss on the lips. His hands instinctively hold your waist as you both pull back. The cool breeze flows through your hair, but you don't feel cold, not with how warm your stomach feels right now. Izuku looks at your lips again, and you take it as a sign to keep going, connecting your lips again in another soft kiss. This time, it's longer and more passionate, the kiss practically taking your breath away.

Izuku pulls away and softly smiles at your face, your eyes still closed. "You look tired," he comments as he moves a flyaway from your forehead and behind your ear.

"We were standing basically all day, of course I'm a little tired." You shrug, eyes now open.

Izuku laughs, and you roll your eyes. You both continue your walk to your apartment. As you walk up the steps and unlock the door, you turn to him. "Would you like to come in?"

"I would but I'm actually going to go drive home tonight."

"Oh shit, right! I forgot you said you would be going home this weekend." You say with a laugh, mentally kicking yourself.

"It's okay! But I can let you know when I'm on my way back? Maybe we can go out tomorrow night for a little bit? As long as you don't have too much work to do."

"Yeah sure, that sounds good. I can get it all done before then hopefully." You smile, leaning against the door frame.

"Okay great, I'll see you later." He says, letting go of your hand that was in his pocket.

"Yeah," you smile, and both meet again in another kiss. As he walks away, you call out, "Drive safe."

"I will!" He shouts over his shoulder, heart practically exploding at the kind words.

+++++

Hello!

My midterms are OVER, and I can finally breathe! I hope all of you guys are doing well with school and such. Please drink water and sleep :')

I hope to crank out more chapters since I am on break for a few days! So stayed tuned! Hope you enjoyed!

<3 <3 <3 - Juliana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1K 80
You find yourself falling in love with someone unexpected, you only came to UA to become a hero. But now your heart is torn between two enemies, dra...
495K 22.4K 32
𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐒𝐔𝐊𝐈 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 、ヽ`☽ヽ` ▄▄▄▄▄▄ WHEREIN BAKUGOU KATSUKI, AN EXPLOSIVE BRAT, DAI...
8.2K 380 30
A my hero academia fanfiction. Have you ever wondered what happened to the students of UA after they left school? After they went their own ways? Man...
14.9K 476 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙 ] ⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎ ✍︎ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...