A Peculiar Time in 1944 - A M...

By randomreader000000

Aurora Abbott does not live a peculiar life. The only extraordinary thing about her is her ability to still b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Playlist
Deleted Scenes

Not an Update - a Memorial

1.3K 18 2
By randomreader000000

Twenty years ago today people went to work expecting to file more paperwork and answer stressful phone calls. Other people on business and traveling with their spouses and kids were boarding planes dreading the jet lag they'd have after they landed. None of them expected what was about to happen. For most of us we were too young or not born yet to remember 9/11 the way the adults do, and how can we promise to 'Never Forget' something we feel no connection to in the first place? Anyone following this story has dedicated some time to reading something fictional, today please dedicate a small bit of your time to the remembrance of 9/11, an event that killed almost 3,000 people from 78 countries. I've made a list of some of my go-to 9/11 documentaries for anyone interested in taking the time to watch them. They're all very interesting and each tells the story from a different angle.

Boatlift – an untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience
Posted by the Channel: Eyepop Productions
Time: 11:57
Summary: People are trapped on Manhattan Island, the bridges and subways are closed and the towers are falling. Boats, both public, private and resident owned all flee to the scene to evacuate the city. Narrated by Tom Hanks, contains rare footage of the boats rescue efforts.

9/11: Cleared for Chaos
Posted by the Channel: Angry Pigeon Productions
Time: 48:30
Summary: Gander Airport, a tiny airport in Newfoundland is the last checkpoint for planes entering US airspace. On 9/11 they are ordered to land every plane in the air looking to enter the US. As European countries reject any planes asking to come back, 400 aircraft are left with no place to go. Gander workers scramble to fit the planes safely on the ground. With great reenactments and interviews with the Gander employees and the pilots of those planes, this video documentary shows an angle of 9/11 most don't see. What was happening in the air.

September 11th as it happened: The Definitive Live News Montage
Posted by the Channel: Backflash971
Time: 28:21
Summary: A compilation of 6 news stations giving a live play by play retelling of the events. If you were not born yet or too young to remember 9/11 and have always felt disconnected to the event this is the video to watch! Answering the question: what was it like to sit at home and suddenly see this on the news, this compilation captures the true feelings of that day and the realization of 'our world will never be the same'. Using video from news stations, and rare citizen filmed angles of the attack (because this was before cell phones had cameras) including the only known footage of the first plane strike. The reactions are raw and you can feel the thought on everyone's mind "This can't possibly get any worse" but as we know – it did; and you can feel it in the voices on the recordings. It's as close to going back in time and seeing it for yourself as you can get and guarantees that for those almost 3,000 lost we will never forget them.

Peace and comfort to those who lost family, friends and loved ones that day; and for those 2,996 lost souls, rest easy and in peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.2K 30
Nettalyn Apiston, a girl with hyperacusia, or enhanced hearing, is not an ordinary girl. Well, she's peculiar even for a peculiar. She lives in Miss...
166K 3.5K 17
Victoria Burnett was never normal. Not in the way that she read strange books or styled her hair differently than what was declared the norm. No, she...
331K 8.1K 23
she's stubborn. she hates being touched and she doesn't like many people. her hair is nearly as black as the heart she wants the world to think she...
144K 4K 20
peculiar - (adj.) strange or odd; unusual "There are two things more Peculiar than anything I've ever seen. The first is time. It goes by so fast...