Symbol of Justice - Titan Bond

By Largehfanfic

"Izuku Midoriya" "Quirk: Titan Bond" "Calls upon the help of the Titan BT-7274, along with displaying great p... More

Prologue
BT-7274
Abandonment and New Beginnings.
Forced to Compete
Last Resort
Head-To-Head
An Unlikely Mentor
Don't Back Up, Don't Back Down
Everything is Just Beachy
Left Behind - Who spiked Aizawa's coffee?
A Doting Eraser and One Overly Worried Bluenette
Provisions and Confessions
wouldyoupleasegonadatewithme?
From the Ash's Comes a New
Start Line
First Impressions Aren't Always Good
"What Are You Lookin at Nerd!"
I Don't Want to Be Class President.
Titanfall Ready
Ah, Insert Title Here!

Who Gave Midoriya Throwing Knives?

2.4K 47 41
By Largehfanfic

Summary:

After several days of training with Mr. Aizawa, Izuku is cleared to go on patrol... Things start of great and just go down hill from there. I mean, at least he's learning right?

<--->

Two days had passed and Izuku had been beaten and trained within an inch of his life...

That might have been an overstatement, but he felt like he was ready to drop dead. Mr. Aizawa had been focusing on training key skills into the boy. Several different styles of martial arts along with a few different take down strategies that could be used in a pinch.

Izuku would be thankful for the training when it was all said and done. But at the current time, he was less than excited to have the crap beat out of him. Aizawa hadn't given him much rest, wanting the boy to train as much as possible to be ready to transfer into the Heroics Course.

But, then on the third day, the man had met Izuku outside of Yuuei like usual. Dressed in full hero gear not much unlike usual. But, his goggles were hung down across his form. Rather than stuffed in a pocket, his stance was also more serious.

"Today we're going to be doing some in field training. Suit up, this time you'll learn firsthand what you will be facing out there on a daily basis." Izuku nodded, rushing off towards the gym that they usually used.

When Izuku returned Aizawa looked less tense. His shoulders somewhat sunk down as he stood waiting for Izuku.

"Sir?" Izuku asked looking up to the teacher for guidance, the man nodded, turning and began to walk not waiting for the greenette. Izuku rushed to catch up, noticing that no instruction had been given.

"We're just going to do some simple patrol routes today. Nothing difficult or hard. This is just to dip your toes in the water and get you acclimated to hero work. Tomorrow though, you will be meeting me at this location." Sensei Aizawa handed over a note with an address written on it.

"The next two days will be your chance to prove to me that you belong in the Hero Course. Now, I know Principal Nedzu has a lot of faith in you kid. But I will not let your connection with the principle be the only reason you get into the Heroics Course." Izuku nodded, he understood that in truth, having Nedzu as his adoptive father may more so hurt his chance of getting into the Heroics course than help.

"Yes sir, so where do we start?" He asked, looking up to meet the man's eyes.

"Just walk with me kid, pay attention to those walking past. And listen for anything that seems off." Izuku nodded, staying in stride with the dark dressed man as they rounded a corner.

Mr. Aizawa didn't talk that much to Izuku, much happier to enjoy the quiet of everything. The day would go smoothly with only one incident having happened. A man, had committed a minor crime -

Attempting to steal a woman's purse, he'd run off and bumped into several people as he did so. Knocking some to the ground while other's simply gripped about having been bumped. Mr. Aizawa would quickly capture the man with his scarf.

The man himself would gripe at the Pro Hero. Yelling about how he couldn't use his quirk and how unfair it was. Shouta wouldn't offer a response to the man, simply typing on his phone for the police to move in on the area.

They'd already been on their way, having received a call from the woman who'd had her purse stolen. The man had been taken into custody, Aizawa gave a short statement, and the woman was reunited with her purse.

From there the two had made their way to a small restaurant. Getting lunch and settling outside on a bench. Izuku wasn't sure what to say, but there was one thing that was still on his mind through all of the training, all of the work he'd already put in.

"Why me?"

Aizawa turned to look at the boy, his eyes seeming to look him over. Trying to figure out what best to say to the greenette that sat before him. Soon he came to a conclusion and answered his voice, never wavering as he did so.

"Because you have potential, with or without a quirk I believe that you could be a hero. But first, you need to prove to me that you can be a hero." Izuku nodded, still unsure that he could even be a hero. 'If Mr. Aizawa thinks I can be a hero... Then maybe I really can be.'

The two would finish their lunches soon after, the man leading the way as they once again walked the patrol route Aizawa had laid out the night before. Half asleep as he picked the route. Why'd he have to take on a work study student.

Izuku sighed as they rounded a corner, once again happy to be nearing Yuuei. Though he hadn't seen much action in his first real day of his internship. He had gained some experience, understanding that there was often a lot of waiting. It seemed to drag on for much of the day as well.

"Is there always so much waiting?" Izuku asked, looking to his mentor for an answer.

"For the most part? We're usually busier than this. Though being near Yuuei keeps the crime rate down. Don't expect this everyday. Some days are just slower than others." Izuku nodded, glad that hero work wasn't always so boring.

The two would soon arrive back at the entrance of Yuuei. Splitting up, Aizawa headed towards his usual patrol route while Izuku turned towards the train station to head back to his and Nedzu's home on the outskirts of U.A.'s campus.

<--->

The two would meet up the next day, on the far side of Musutafu. Izuku wore his suit as instructed of all students who were given field training. He wouldn't have the ability to change elsewhere.

Eraser nodded to his mentee and once again began walking as Izuku came within sight. "Where are we headed today Eraser?" Izuku asked, looking up to meet the man's cold eyes.

"My usual patrol route. Stay vigilant, it's usually a little bit busier than what you saw yesterday." Izuku nodded to Eraser, understanding that it was certainly going to be busier than the Yuuei patrol route they'd taken yesterday.

Eraser's route had always been busy, though never commented on by the news. Those who followed hero news online knew that the man was incredibly busy when it came to patrols even with how little information was available. Izuku pitied Eraser sometimes, seeing him at work after a very long day was somewhat worrying.

He'd once messaged Present Mic to get Mr. Aizawa a cup of coffee, noticing that he'd had a long day. To which the man responded that he'd already had four and an energy drink. That, that had truly scared the green bean. 'How can one man look so tired?'

But at last, Mr. Aizawa had always been grateful for the problem child's handouts of coffee. Though today, the handout was absent, the two could find a coffee place at some point and rest there for the time being.

The two walked in unison, even if the greenette was a little bit out of step with the shorter man next to him. Izuku was fairly tall, all things considered. His quirk had not only given him BT but also the metabolism and alterations that pilots had.

"Alright, so we'll patrol for about two hours before a break. That sounds like a plan, problem child?" Eraser looked slightly up, realizing that the boy had gotten taller than him, how had he not noticed that before?

"Yea, whatever you think is the best Sir." Shouta nodded to the boy and continued walking. Nothing had come up yet, no purse snatchings, no cries for help. Not even a traffic accident. Things seemed odd if you asked him, it was never this quiet.

Then as the two were getting close to where they would rest. A local shop that Aizawa frequented regularly, they even knew his regular drink and not to question him.

There were people running down the street. Some screaming some running as quickly as possible.

Eraser pulled one man to the side, wearing a business suit with a briefcase in hand. "Sir, what's going on?" He asked, the man flinching for a moment before looking to Shouta's dark eyes.

"Ban-bank robbery, North end of the street, across from the coffee shop." Eraser nodded and thanked the man before hurriedly telling him and the other's who were running away to move along quickly.

Turning back to his mentee he sighed, this was not the type of in field training he wanted. Nedzu would skin him alive if a hair on the greenette's head was harmed. Though the other staff would likely do the same as well...

"Alright, you guard the front exit of the bank, help anyone who comes out and keep civilians away. Got that?" He asked, looking up to his student who had held no expression, though his eyes gave away worry and a slight hint of fear.

"Ye-yes Sir. Take this, if you need help just ask for it. I'll contact local authorities." Shouta nodded to the boy, accepting the ear piece from him before rushing up the steps of the bank. It's front entrance had been shut, and he couldn't see inside.

"Open the front door I'll throw one of my knives in." The man looked at Izuku, eyes wide with something similar to worry and annoyance.

"You could hurt someone!" He nearly whisper yelled at the boy.

"Trust me, there is no one in the front lobby. My knives have a pulse function that emits a sonar wave. I can see everyone who's in the building. Now can I throw it?" Asked the greenette in a similar whisper yell voice. Back sass was never a good idea.

"Fine, but we will have a very long conversation about you using throwing knives after this." Izuku nodded, he knew the man carried a knife in his boot for such events.

Izuku pulled one of his knives from its sheath and threw it ever so lightly hoping to not make a noise. The blade landed in one of the far desks that a teller would usually stand at. A pulse emitted from the blade, and several different dots appeared on the HUD within Izuku's helmet.

"There's four of them, all in the back room. One hostage, it looks like. They're not moving, while the other three are walking around looking for something." Shouta nodded, and then breached the door, ducking for cover as soon as he could.

Izuku, already on the line with the local authorities, breathed a sigh of relief when a woman, likely mid 20's came out, rushing past him. "Ma'am, could you please stay put until the authorities arrive. They'll need to question you."

Her breath was shaky, worry filling her but she nodded. Izuku let out a sigh of relief as the police soon arrived, and Eraser stepped out to wave the men in. All three of the robber's had been subdued for the meantime. Some cursed while others objected to their arrest.

"Here's your knife back, and good work... Problem Child." Izuku sighed, he wished the man would stop giving him so much crap. He wasn't that much of a problem child.

Lucky for the two, the robbery would be the most eventful part of their day, the coffee shop owner would later come out and give the two drinks. Once again thanking Eraser for his work, while also questioning him on his new mentee.

"He's Nedzu's child, and I'm just watching him." Came the mans gruff voice as he rubbed his hand through the boy's hair, a mess as usual especially after removing his helmet.

The woman would smile, telling Shouta that he couldn't be just Nedzu's problem child if he was willing to take the kid on patrol. Which was fair, Shouta did care for the boy and fully believed he could be a hero.

"Alright, thanks Akio... Come on Midoriya, we've still got 3 hours of patrol left." The greenette nodded and followed his mentor as the man once again walled away. The two would go on to find more trouble, though nothing as considerable as the robbery.

Izuku would be thankful for that, though his internship would come to a close. Mr. Aizawa would continue to train Izuku long after the internship was over. Knowing that if the boy was to be ready for the Hero Course, he would need more training.

But something seemed off, the boy looked to know more than he let on. As if he'd been trained elsewhere other than just a gym or dojo. The spark in his eyes reminded Shouta of a pro heroes eyes who'd seen combat before.

<--->

Authors Notes:

Once again thank you for reading, and Project Halo should be getting an update at 4pm EST tonight... So look forward to that. - H

Chapter edited and fixed 9/8/2021 - Fixed spelling of U.A. to Yuuei to continue clarity, along with fixing small grammatical mistakes I noticed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...
25.3K 354 12
in this story, izuku was born as a hybrid saiyan and his parents are inko midoriya and son goku. he was diagnosed as being quirkless, but due to the...
58.3K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
64.5K 2.6K 25
Izuku Midoriya was one of the students that were participate into civil war game that Nezu came up with. However Izuku was chosen to be the villain...