The Other Side Of Us - (gxg)

By supercollide

After moving away for college Kaden's life was as predictable as she had imagined. Living day to day until sh... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
EPILOGUE
Elizabeth's Book

Chapter One

14K 310 96
By supercollide

Kaden's POV

"Are you fucking kidding me Brendan?!" The sight in front of me was plain disgusting—my so called boyfriend deep inside of some woman. Not wanting to keep looking at the unpleasant picture any longer, I turned around and slammed the door on my way out of the apartment.

"Kaden! Kaden wait, is not what you think!" My boyfriend —or more like ex-boyfriend— yelled after me as he tried not to trip with his bed sheets.

I stopped just so I could answer the ridiculous thing he just said. "Really Brendan? What else is there to think when I just found you fucking your ex?!"

"Okay, yes, it looked bad but please let's talk this out." He tried to grab my hand but was immediately shrugged off.

"We are done." Brendan tried to block my way, making me roll my eyes, "Oh fuck off." I said pushing him out of the way.

"You will come back, bitch!" Brendan yelled as he watched his ex-girlfriend walk away.

"Go fuck yourself." I flicked him off from the inside of the elevator as the doors closed, a fake smile on my face.

Sighing once the doors closed, I slumped against the wall of the elevator—my eyes shutting close for a split second, before taking out my phone and calling for an uber.

Can't believe he made me waste money coming to this shit.

It's not like I really even cared about him cheating. We dated for like two weeks and in all honesty, I was getting bored of him—the sex was good, that I will admit, but just not worth the effort or bother.

Exiting the building I stood in the walkway waiting for her uber to arrive, and it took quite a while till it did, heavy traffic being the driver's excuse—but I couldn't care less, I just wanted to go home already. I didn't even want to come visit Brendan, but after our discussion last night I thought it was the right thing to do.

How stupid could I had been?

Good thing was catching his guilty self on the act, and now I'm done with him.

Finally.

My phone began to ring—expecting it to be Brendan annoying her once again, I responded with... quite hostility . "What the fuck do you want?"

"Yeez, who pissed you off?"

"Divya... sorry, I thought it was Brendan." I sighed and continued speaking to my roommate.

"Damn what did he do now? And where are you?" She asked.

"I'll tell you when I get home and I'm currently on my way, but stuck in traffic." I looked to the outside, surrounded by cars and the annoying sound of the frustrated drivers pushing the car horn. Not that it made the queues move faster or at all.

"That doesn't sound good."

"It's not."

Divya hummed over the phone—the sound of plates was heard in the background. "Well I'm making dinner, so you'll be home to a warm plate of food to replace the hate on your heart."

"That does sound good..." I mumbled—her head leaning against the glass of the car window. "I will be home soon, the traffic seems to be finally be moving."

"Okay! I'm making chicken alfredo, by the way." My roommate announced —instantly lifting my mood by a lot. Divya knew it was my favorite plate and she also happened to make the best one I had ever tasted.

"Div you are the best." My mouth watered at the thought of the meal waiting for me at home.

"Yeah I know, now hurry your ass up." She said before hanging up on me.

The sound of the driver obnoxiously pushing the car horn irritated me to no end, a headache feeling itself on the edge of breakout. This day could not get worse... or maybe it could. I really didn't want to tempt fate anymore.

It can always get worse.

Unlocking my apartment's door I finally arrived home. After what usually would be a ten minute ride home turned into a forty minutes one, given to an accident. Two cars have crashed against each other, one of them flipping and ending up in a big mess.

"I'm home." I announced tiredly, throwing my keys on the coffee table and soon myself onto the couch. The house smelt so amazing that it made my stomach roar.

Divya came into her line of sight, a brow raised and a light pink apron on. "About time you arrived." The brown skinned beauty spoke with sarcasm.

"There's was an accident on the highway, to my wonderful luck." I shot a glance behind me, "Is the food ready?"

"It has been ready for little than ten minutes, I was waiting for you so we could eat together, actually."

"Aren't you adorable." I pinched my roommate's cheeks playfully and walked pass her towards the kitchen—where there was two plates served on the counter.

I headed to the fridge and got out drinks for each of us, a coke for myself and a sprite for my friend. Handing her the can I sat on a barstool and didn't waste time to finally start on my meal—and I had to hold back a moan at how heavenly it tasted.

"So... what happened? What did Brendan do to get you on a mood?" Divya questioned before taking a bite of her chicken.

"I caught him fucking his ex," I shrugged carelessly, not really giving a fuck anymore. It was not like I didn't care at all, but I kind of did see it coming—Brendan mentioned his ex a bit too much, making me think he was still not over her.

Turns out I was right.

Divya's dark brown eyes widened at the information, "Oh my god? Then why are you acting like you don't care? Except your annoyance."

I finished munching before speaking, "I do care to certain degree. I care because he made me look stupid and wasted my time, other than that... not really."

"Well, I told you he looked like a douchebag, but those seem to be your type of men and don't even get me started on your type of women." Divya pointed around loosely with her fork.

"My type in women is not that bad."

"If you don't consider stuck up bitches a bad type..."

I pouted in thought and moved my head slightly in agreement. "No, I don't. Those fuck the best."

"What a way to express yourself Kade." The desi girl frowned, making me laugh at the roll of eyes I received from her. "You got work tomorrow?" Divya changed the subject.

"I do, actually. It's my free day, but my dad wanted me to come by the office early, he says he's got a job for me."

"That's good right?" You have been asking him to get you something for days." Divya got up from the barstool to go wash her now empty dish — that was then taken away from her hands.

"You cook, I clean, it's only fair." I put both our plates in the sink and started to wash them. "And yes, I have. I kinda need the money to pay the car's workshop."

"Why don't you just ask mommy dearest for help? I'm sure she would give it to you with her eyes closed." Divya did have a point. Candace would love nothing more than to help her daughter... however I wasn't fond of the idea of asking her mother for money.

Candace had already paid for my whole college tuition, accepting nothing from my dad or me to help pay up for it. Yes, I understood the fact that she was in-fact loaded, but back then I m had barely met her—it felt wrong, like taking money from a stranger. Even though, if it was my dad doing that, I would still want to repay him as well.

"I rather not, she's my... mom, not my cashier." I mumbled as I rinsed one of the plates.

"You still struggle to say it."

"Eight years don't make up for eighteen lost, for my whole childhood lost. So yeah... is not easy yet to call her that." I had done so before but, a tiny part of me still held resentment for her—while the other was scared that my mother would disappear again once I completely embraced her, and that was enough to discourage me from saying it.

I mean, I'm okay referring to her as such when talking with other people, but when it comes to calling her it... that's another story.

Does that count as mommy issues?

Most likely.

"Don't beat yourself up for not being able to call her mom, everyone deals with abandonment their own way... even if she did come back, the damage was already done." Divya tried to ease the internal conflict she knew I was going through. After two years of being roommates she had learned to figure out me out surprisingly good.

"Oh yes, trauma. You just gotta love it." I tried to lift the conversation by making an unnecessary joke.

Divya rolled her eyes and patted my shoulders, "Finish up there, will you? I want to keep watching Gossip Girl."

"Oh don't mind me, go ahead and watch it without me."

"Nice try, finish up because you are watching it with me."  Divya walked out of the kitchen, not giving me any time to fight back— not that I would win that discussion.

I hates that show.

As soon as I got over cleaning, my phone rang, saving me time from watching that terribly boring show. "I gotta take this." I pointed to my phone as I walked towards the balcony of our shared apartment.

Divya paid me no mind though, she was too engrossed on her show.

Once picking up I was met with the sight of my two best friends. "Hey dumb and dumber."

"Hi you single bitch." Jason greeted. He looked different, his black hair was a bit longer, making it seem shaggy and he had started to grow a beard—it suited him.

"Hey Kade." Morgan spoke up.

"Hey Morg. New look Jase?"

"Yup! Like it?" He asked touching his beard.

"Looks good, I still remember when you couldn't get a single hair to grow on your face." I recalled that time when the three of them ordered a bunch of products for facial hair grow when we were fourteen—we spent a whole weekend putting all kind of facial hair growing stuff on Jason's face... none worked. It wasn't until he had reached twenty one that the Japanese boy was able to see a sign of facial hair.

"Well then forget, I'm a new man." Jason stated proudly.

"You look like the same idiot to me." Morgan commented with a mocking grin.

"Fuck you, Morgan." Jason retorted.

"No thanks, I have a girlfriend." Morgan reminded everyone... again. It was still kind of hard to understand how Hayley and her became a thing after all their history.

How can you go from hating to loving someone? Even if it was years ago... or maybe I just like to hold grudges.

I yawned as I heard my friends bicker, already tired and wanting to go to sleep. In reality I had only accepted the call because Jason and Morgan wouldn't stop annoying me next time we spoke. At some point she had lost track of what they were talking about as I tried to not fell asleep on the railing of the balcony.

"Kaden!" I heard Jason call out.

"Mhmm? What Jason?"

"Wake up! We are talking about me." He complained.

"Jase, she's clearly sleepy. Let's get off her back and let her rest." Morgan now spoke.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm awake." I shook my head, trying to shoo away the sleepiness.

"Yeah nice try. Goodnight Kaden."

"Morgan is right... shocking news I know." Jason laughed at their friend's face. "So yeah, go to sleep Kade. We'll talk another time."

With a sigh I easily gave up, "Alright, bye guys."

After saying our goodbyes I hung up the phone and walked back inside—hugging myself from the freezing weather outside. Divya watched me from the couch, not pausing her show she moved the blanket on it and patted her side.

"You are trembling."

I hummed, "I'm just going to go to sleep."

"So you are really not joining me to binge watch?" Divya pouted in disappointment.

"Sorry Div, I'm tired and all I want is to go to bed and sleep. I have an early day tomorrow, gotta go to my dad's office again to talk about this job he has for me."

"You are good enough to be back to constructions?" Divya questioned.

"I am. Already spoke about it with my doctor last week, my shoulder is completely healed now. Plus this time I will be more careful." I moved my arm and put a hand over my own shoulder, slightly squeezing it.

Doesn't hurt anymore.

"Doesn't matter how careful you are if you walk on wet house roofs." The desi girl gave me a look. "I still think you should stick to interior design."

"There's not much fun in that. But don't worry, I will be fine. 'Night Div." I said before heading to my room. Right after changing my clothes, the moment my body came in touch with the mattress I passed out.

A/N - So this is the first chapter to Kaden's story. I published so you all could tell me what you think of it so far! Next time I update it it would be with a handful of chapters so it might take me sometime, but I rather that than leave you all in cliffhangers.

So please leave a vote and your thoughts, theories or comments! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.5K 20
Cassandra - I've gone through life's ups and downs because of you. I've felt how crazy love can be with you. But I just can't get you off my mind. Yo...
2.3M 74.2K 44
Sometimes, love happens in the weirdest places, but what Olivia didn't expect was to find it with her brothers girlfriend.
24.4K 557 50
Story about a straight girl who is confused about her feelings towards her stud best friend. Will she fall for her best friend? Will she finally stop...