π„ππ“π‘πŽππ˜ ― d. grayson ΒΉ

By ladylorianz

❝ π˜›π˜Έπ˜ͺ𝘴𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘣𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘡𝘰 π˜ͺ𝘡. ❞ titans season one, two & three oc Γ—... More

π„ππ“π‘πŽππ˜
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞
β€· zero
β€· one
β€·two
β€· three
β€· four
β€· five
β€· six
β€· seven
β€· eight
β€· nine
β€· ten
β€· eleven
β€· twelve
β€· thirteen
β€· fourteen
β€· fifteen
β€· sixteen
β€Ώ seventeen
β€Ώ eighteen
β€Ώ nineteen
β€Ώ twenty
β€Ώ twenty-one
β€Ώ twenty-two
β€Ώ twenty-three
β€Ώ twenty-four
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨
β€Ώ twenty-five
β€Ώ twenty-six
β€Ώ twenty-seven
β€Ώ twenty-eight
β€Ώ twenty-nine
β€Ώ thirty
β€Ώ thirty-one
β€Ώ thirty-two
β€Ώ thirty-three
β€Ώ thirty-four
β€Ώ thirty-five
β€Ώ thirty-six
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐫𝐞𝐞
β€Ώ thirty-eight
β€Ώ thirty-nine
β€Ώ forty
β€Ώ forty-one
β€Ώ forty-two
β€Ώ forty-three
β€Ώ forty-four
β€Ώ forty-five
β€Ώ forty-six
β€Ώ forty-seven
epilogue
FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE

β€Ώ thirty-seven

604 15 6
By ladylorianz

Artemisia hadn't found the strength to cry over Donna's death. She felt distant from every emotion other than guilt. She'd almost killed Conner and it had been tormenting her for the past hours. If Dianna hadn't interfered in the right moment, the boy would have been dead, and it would be his funeral, not Donna's. Or maybe even both.

The team hadn't seen her face since she'd ran away at the carnival. Marge had helped her settle down, soothe her anxiety. They'd determined what was best for the team and her mental health. She saw no other option than to stay back, only show up when things were calm.

Dinner sounded pretty basic, as long as no one barged into the Tower or any heated argument rose; she didn't know which sentiments would trigger another outbreak. She didn't want to risk it. Risk them, the team, her newfound family.

She blinked at her blank reflection in the mirror. Her face exhibited no indication of last night's battle; skin remained uninjured, preserved by the very magic she detested. A hand moved across her face, where Slade Wilson's strength had bruised her: gone. She didn't know if she liked that, it made her feel inhumane.

If she gawked into her eyes, though, it was a different story. She was in a perpetual reminder of her murderous acts; Doctor Light, that Hawk fan, Conner. . . Those stories flashed in her brain with every blink. They kept her in control no matter how much they tortured her.

A soft knock alarmed her, the phone in her hand dropping. She studied herself, insisting to stay calm. Her breathing began to slow down as she frowned at her image, hand in her chest. She picked the phone from the ground and breathed. Here goes nothing. "Come in."

The door opened gently. She observed Dick's reflection entering the room. He shut the door behind him, unsure of where to go next. He folded his arms atop his ribs and inclined against the wall. "I was beginning to think you ditched us last night. You weren't around after Donna, so. . ." He cleared his throat. "Are you okay?"

Artemisia hauled away from the mirror, walking towards her bed. She plopped down with a sigh. "It should be me asking that question. I'm sorry I wasn't there, for Donna's death and Rachel leaving."

Dick nodded slowly. He beelined in her direction, taking a seat by her side. "It's okay. You needed time. Dianna told me. . ."

"It wasn't an accident, Dick. So whatever she told you is wrong." Artemisia gaped at him, taking in his kindness one last time. She wasn't certain he would ever look at her the same way. "Remember when I told you how my powers sometimes took over and made me moody? Well, it's been getting worse. I risked people's lives when trying to capture Doctor Light, almost killed a woman back in Wyoming, and last night, it's like I wanted to kill Conner.

"My powers are out of control. People are in danger. All of you are. And I can't hide it anymore." Her gaze sank to the bedsheets, fingers playing with the material. "I need help controlling them. Which is why─"

The door slammed wide open. Dawn stood on the other side, palms resting on her hipbones. She glared down at the pair like an irate parent. Still, her sweet character overpowered any attempt at being intimidating. "Hey! We called three times already," the blonde scolded. "Food's ready."

"Sorry." Artemisia granted Dawn a humble simper, getting to her feet. "We're going."

Dawn hummed in satisfaction, spinning over her heels. The blonde started to march away, tailed by a worried Artemisia; her plan was changing. Dick stayed back for a second, hesitating. He hurried after them and seized Artemisia's hand. She paused at the touch, twirling around with a frown. Her stomach rumbled in the silence.

"You wanted to tell me something?"

She grabbed his hand, taking it between her palms. She gazed at him, reassuring him it was nothing urgent. She could hold it a few more minutes ( though she wasn't sure who she tried to convince ). "I'm telling everyone over dinner. Let's not keep them waiting."

Artemisia turned around before he could oppose her. She guided them towards the main area, where chatter grew louder as they stepped closer. The team was already seated, food served; only they were missing. "Look who decided to show up. We're starving!"

Dick lowered his gaze, finding a seat by the table's head. Artemisia seated by his side, Conner by her left. "We needed to talk about something."

"Is that what you kids call it nowadays?" Bruce's voice came from over the table. The man was smirking at Dick, who looked like he lamented inviting him over. A tense silence hung across the room, eyes settling on both Artemisia and Dick. Bruce remained smiling, proud of his comment.

Garfield locked eyes with Artemisia and scrunched his nose. She snickered at the entire situation. She never pictured Bruce Wayne as the kind of man to make those jokes ( at least not in his senior years ). Dick stifled a muted laugh, too, shielding his face from his tutor's sight. The tension raised over the table and they eased into chatter. Artemisia sighed in contentment.

The dinner continued smoothly to her relief. No one else dared to make another comment that would ruin the food. They ate their feelings away, processing the last couple of days that were pivotal in their lives. Each person sitting at that table was different from who they were five days ago, or at least she wished to believe so.

Artemisia didn't feel that much different. More decisive, maybe. A week ago she wouldn't even think of leaving the team for more than a couple of hours. They were her new family, her safe place. Why walk away from such a gift?

But things had changed. She was leaving because they were her family. She had to protect them. And now that no imminent danger threatened them, she had to save them from herself. It didn't matter how the thought was heaving in her chest. This was the right thing.

Dick cleared his throat, silencing the team. He picked one of the orange bottles served to each of them. They were a tribute to their late teammate. Artemisia nibbled on her lip, mirroring his actions as a distraction. Conner copied Dick, too, aware of the upcoming emotional moment.

"Donna Troy and I were a couple of strays," Dick beamed dreamily at the memory. "Nothing linking us other than parents that liked to dress up at night and fight crime. She saw us as family. But I wasn't much interested in family then. Families can be fucked up. I mean, look around.

"We've all spent our lives recovering from the damage done by our families."

Artemisia dropped her head, not daring to meet anyone's eye. She'd been harming them, too. Even if she hadn't intended to. She recognized it now. Yet it was too late. Jason was not returning and Donna was dead. And those were only the observable consequences.

"Donna knew something I didn't: If you throw enough strays together, you get the best kind of family. One bound not by DNA, but by a collective sense of duty and devotion to another. And when you lose someone you love. . ." Dick gestured around the team, to each one of them. "You need this. What we have right here.

"What's next for us all?" Dick's stare burned in her mind. She peered up and smiled. He sensed her message would change matters. Dick continued toying with the orange drink. "I don't know. It's a million-dollar question. Anyway. . . to Donna Troy. Thanks for giving me a second chance at family." He hoisted the bottle to toast. "And thanks to you guys for taking me back in. To the Titans."

Artemisia held up her bright glass, clinking it with Dick's. The rest of the team raised theirs, praising from their comfortable positions. "Titans."

"To Donna Troy," Kory prompted with a whimsical grin. They hummed in approval, boosting their drinks a second time. A chorus of proud voices echoed her words.

Dick took the initiative and brought the artificial liquid to his lips. He grimaced at the flavor, setting the bottle down. His eyes roamed around Artemisia's face. He understood now, the awful sensation she'd felt when tasting his alcohol. She grinned at him, taking a gulp.

Sweet. Too sweet. Her tastebuds were repelled by the powerful punch. Yet, it somehow stirred her serotonin, extending her smirk. Her eyebrows lifted at the mixed reactions. "Woah, that's got a kick. It's good. I think."

"That's what she's been drinking this whole time?" Hank complained from the opposite head of the table. He drove the bottle away, as though the sight was upsetting him further.

Dawn dared to go for another sip, the only one at the table silly enough to do so. "I think it's great." She giggled, going for a third gulp.

"I do not. It's disgusting," Dianna said, followed by a dramatic gag. She'd emptied her drink into Garfield's glass, but the boy hadn't noticed yet. She gnawed on her lip, holding back a snicker at the boy's obliviousness.

Conner saw the girl's quick mischief and snorted aloud. It seemed like everyone had realized but Garfield, though he nearly did, glancing at Superboy with confusion. Conner played it cool, pretending he had sipped some of the drink and cringed. "It's overwhelming."

"Wait till you try booze for the first time." Dianna poked the boy's arm.

Dick's scowl fell upon the grinning teen. He crossed his arms, catching her attention. "You're nineteen."

"And you're literally the first person I drank with. Remember?" Dawn giggled at Dianna's audacity. There was no guarded secret from Dick's teenage years and turned out, he was not a great standard. The teen fixed her hair, pretending to be what Artemisia could assume was teen Dick. "'Why aren't you just whelmed?."

Dick grumbled in discomfort, his presumed facade was decaying. He appeared more normal to the teens, though. He just had to get used to that fact.

"Wonder where you got the booze from," Bruce questioned from the far end of the dining table. His gaze was centered on the expensive liquor that swayed in his glass. A thin smile demonstrated he was only teasing them. It was too late to feel bothered about this common doing.

Dianna glowed as the memory returned to her brain. "We looted the manor, of course, after we sent Alfred to buy us some popcorn for movie night. Poor man. . ." Her smile dimmed. "How's he doing?"

"He's aging fast. His body isn't working as it used to." Bruce gulped down the entire glass, grieving for his friend's decaying body. Everyone knew Bruce Wayne had been mostly raised by his butler, but a few knew that Alfred Pennyworth was vital for Batman's existence. Bruce pretty much depended on the old man. "Still, he refuses to stop working."

Dianna only nodded. Maybe she preferred sticking to Alfred's old memories, where they'd play around with the man. It was better for everyone, it seemed, turning a blind eye on the problem and pretending that all was great. Artemisia knew that wasn't true, though. She'd tried shouldering her issues for weeks, but they kept resurfacing. In the end, everyone ached; it wasn't worth it.

"Hey, anyone knows where Zach is?" Kory broke through the pensive group. She played around with her leftover food, shifting it around with her fork. She glanced up after getting no response. "Anyone spoke with him?"

Artemisia shook her head without concern. He'd done this numerous times before, driving it as far as forging his death. "Haven't heard from him since he left for Florida."

Dick lightened the spirit with a chuckle. "Guess he couldn't stand all of us together."

"He's always disappearing. He'll be back." Artemisia looked at Kory with a reassuring smile. She'd eventually get used to his disappearances, too. Her simper dropped as she remembered she would be disappearing, too. She had to tell them. She shouldn't push it any longer.

Hank smacked the table, frightening her. She swallowed back her secret. Damn it. "He owes me cash. He better show his fucking face."

"I thought all the money came from Br─" Conner's words were discontinued by a sharp elbow in his ribs, not that it had hurt him. Garfield glared at his new friend, silencing him.

Bruce laughed, witnessing the obvious situation. Conner apologized with his gaze for slipping up. "Yes, it's my money. I wouldn't spend it too much, though." He drank more of his expensive drink that no one dared to ask for a taste of. He didn't need to wear the cowl to terrify people. "My will is dividing further."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dick queried with a frown.

"Well, I made a decision. . ."

"Another Robin?" Garfield interrupted, nearly jumping off his seat in excitement.

Kory snapped her fingers, wordlessly calling the boy. He eyed her with distress, heeding her command to take a time off. The boy stood from his chair and marched towards the kitchen with his plate, head hanging low. Kory turned back to Bruce and beamed.

"It's not another Robin. A member of the family, nonetheless. Dianna." The girl turned her head in surprise. Bruce mustered a half-smile. "I believe it's Batman's fault that you're in this hiding situation. We failed you that night. So this is a way to make it up. Apologize, if you will. One day at a time." He plucked from the inside of his tuxedo a sealed envelope. He handed it to Hank for him to pass along.

The man attempted to peek at its inside, which earned him a snap behind his ear. Dianna took the envelope and shredded it open. A pleated document fell on her lap. She picked it up and gasped. With glossy eyes, she turned to the man, lips twisting into a pout. "Bruce? You're not serious."

Dianna was immediately bombarded with the obvious question: what is it? The girl simply passed the paper to Garfield. He read it and gasped. His face filled with excitement, contrasting Dianna's happy crying. The document landed on Conner, who read it for a second before handing it over to Artemisia.

The first word that crossed her eyesight came as a shock. Adoption. Dianna would finally break free from the Tower, she was a person once again ( plus, the benefits of being Bruce Wayne's heir ). This was huge.

Dick ripped the certificate off her grip, too anxious to keep waiting. His mouth fell open. He glanced at his tutor with surprise. But the man didn't dare to address anyone but Dianna─ Dianna Wayne, now.

The man sighed, serving himself another drink. "It's my fault. Dick was just a kid. Having a sidekick was still new to me. The responsibility was too great. I shouldn't have put it on him."

"What responsibility?" Marge leaned to the edge of her seat, tilting her head at the billionaire.

Bruce gave himself another shot of bravery before eyeing Marge, considering her rough body language. Knitted brows, tight scowl, and teary eyes. He stretched for his expensive bottle but decided against it, setting back down.

"The night before the incident, we linked a purchase of explosives with the Joker." Dianna's face darkened at the mention of her murderer's name. Garfield reached to stroke her arm, supporting her throughout the story behind her demise. "Dick was supposed to track the delivery but he chose to be a teenager and went out with Barbara instead. The accident could've been prevented if I had taken the task."

"And it cost me my sister. . ."

Dianna seized her sister's hand. She had stopped crying, her tears rubbed against her cheeks. She was staying strong for Marge. "You know it doesn't work like that. If they stopped Joker before the train, then he'd come back with double the force. More people would've died." She glanced at Bruce, then at Dick. "It's not your fault. The only ones guilty here are that fucking psychopath and the system that failed him."

"But Di─"

"I'm here now. That's what matters," she attempted to calm her sister. Marge was reliving the grieving process all over. Dianna forced the woman to look into her hopeful eyes, see the present. They were safe and happy; nothing would change that. "We can prevent another incident like that from happening."

"Right," Marge grumbled, pulling her hand away. She sighed loudly, composing herself. Her eyes were glued to her plate, whilst everyone's lingered around the siblings. Something hinted the conversation wasn't over. "I guess there's something I should tell you all.

"Two months ago some freaks attempted to steal from our blood bank. I was on the scene, collecting blood for a transfusion. My patient needed urgent treatment to survive. So, of course, when I'm held at gunpoint and the donated blood is torn from my hands I wanted nothing other than to stop them.

"Long story short, as they're running away, this giant wall gets in their way. They ran into it, one of them got knocked out, the others were too stunned to do anything. We called it a miracle and continued doing our jobs."

Marge glanced around the table before shying her gaze. She had stopped fidgeting, sounding more secure in her every word. "Then the miracle turned into a coincidence and the coincidence into facts. Suddenly, I'm moving walls, roads, and anything that's earth, pretty much."

"Wait, so you can manipulate earth? Like the earth-benders from that kid's show?" Hank huffed a chuckle from his spot. Marge nodded skeptically. "That's way cooler than moving fucking water or fire. And I meant to offend."

"Too bad I don't give a fuck." Dianna glared at Hank straight in the eye, a sarcastic smile stretching across her face. The man tutted in disappointment. He searched for any reaction in Artemisia, but she only rolled her eyes and chuckled at Dianna's comeback.

Dick snorted a soft laugh, eyeing Dianna with a proud grin. He glanced across the table and bit down his lips, hiding his smile. His eyes were on Marge. "If you'd like, until you learn more about your powers and how to control them, you can stay in the Tower with us." His gaze roamed over the found family. "If that's okay with everyone."

They agreed in seconds, welcoming the woman faster than anyone else ( even Rose, who had had a terrible experience with the team's acceptance ). Artemisia stayed quiet, observing them get excited over the new member. She only smiled, supporting the case. Marge could use the Titans to learn so many things. . .

"Temi? You're not saying anything?"

Her head turned to Dick with a sharp breath. "Well, I thought my answer was pretty obvious, she can stay." She sent Marge a wink before happiness escaped her body. Here we go. "There's also this thing. . . I shouldn't have a say since I'm not staying." 

"What?" Dawn gasped from the other end. The attention fell back on Artemisia.

She gathered bravery, holding back the sudden urge to cry. Maybe she should've just told Dick; he would've passed the message. "My powers are out of control, they're dangerous. So I'm getting help."

"Whose help?"

Artemisia licked her lips before beginning, eyes glued to a wall. "I met someone in Wyoming. They gave me a card. An invitation, I guess. I did some research on them. They have a history of dealing with strange stuff, including magic. They might be able to help me."

"You're talking about The League of Shadows," Bruce chanced, gesturing towards Artemisia with his empty glass. She gave a short nod as an answer.

Dick clicked his teeth and huffed. "You're asking for their help? They're a nexus of the League of Assassins. They tried to kill us many times." He indicated himself and Bruce, the older man grumbling in remembrance, though not holding much of a grudge.

"Plus the major red flag in their name," Gar chimed from the kitchen, mouth stuffed with food.

Her eyes closed for a moment. She knew they were evil, but they were her only mean of development. She'd have to turn a blind eye to their cruelty and attempt to stay away from it. However, she knew their hospitality wouldn't be free, it surely required her involvement in these sketchy businesses. But a trade was a trade, and she was willing to slip once.

"I can learn to find balance with my powers," Artemisia argued. Some sighs echoed over the table, heads dropping. They understood her sacrifice. All but the one who mattered the most. Dick was lowering, confused. "It'll be a few months tops then I'll be back being better. I promise you won't miss me. Much."

His lips parted to argue when Bruce rose his voice, declaring the end of the discussion. "They can help her. I've seen the things they deal with. As long as there aren't any interruptions. . ." His eyes darted towards his adoptive son. "She'll be fine."

Artemisia was happy the man supported her decision. He was a great influence on Dick; his words seemed to calm him. But not convince him. "We can find another way," he insisted, reaching to grab her hand. She wrapped her own around his first.

"I already searched for alternatives. There isn't any. I have to go," she glared into his eyes but he didn't budge. He refused to let her go, still. She pulled her hand away and frowned. If he didn't listen to her heartfelt words, then she'd have to try something else. And she hated that. "I'm not asking for permission."

His hand clenched by the table. Artemisia looked at it with wide eyes. Was he gonna snap at her? No. This wasn't the new Dick. . . right?

The security system beeped loudly, leaving her in doubt. She followed as Dick inclined back on the chair, strangely silent. His eyes wandered around the room, evading her. It seemed like her plan had worked, but at what cost? He wouldn't look at her anymore.

"Guys," Garfield called from the kitchen. Artemisia looked at him, biting on her tongue. "There's cops and the bomb squad responding to a disturbance in the Mission District." He searched for any response in their faces, but they were blank, unresponsive. "Sounds bad."

There was a hush for some long-drawn seconds. Artemisia sensed a few eyes passing about. What should they do? Were they ready? Would Artemisia go out with them? Hell, would Batman join the Titans? She couldn't answer a sole question.

Dianna's chair dragged against the floor, reverberating into the quiet. All gazes snapped towards the teen. She shut her eyes and cursed before putting on a smile. She slowly stood up, taking a few steps towards the bedrooms. "I think forgot to charge my laptop, so. . ."

"Yeah. I forgot my show's on tonight," Garfield excused himself, dumping everything at hand to tail Dianna. He couldn't help but crack a grin, breaking his act.

Rose, who had been pretty quiet through the evening, cleared her throat. "I should call my. . . mom." And with that, she too escaped the room.

Only the adults remained seated. Artemisia exhaled quietly, lowering her head once again. With the teens gone, they could now take their turns voicing their dissatisfaction. She was ready to hear them, and ignore their words. Nothing could change her mind. Nothing─

"We're all going, right?" Kory spoke over her thoughts. No one was thinking of scowling her. She sighed happily.

Marge smiled nervously, shaking her head. "I'm staying back. You know, no costume and all."

"Hey," Hank called as he leaped to his feet, his finger pointed at her. Marge flinched at his tone, though she eased up after seeing him smirk. "It's a suit, an uniform. Be respectful."

As Marge chuckled the tension away, Hank soon following her, a pair of soft eyes landed by Artemisia's face. Dawn studied her every expression, calculating how to approach. Artemisia could only attempt to make her job easier by giving a tight, unsure smile.

Dawn's brow raised in question. "So?"

What to respond? Well, she couldn't say no. There was no reason to. She wouldn't be leaving right then. Her body reacted before she did, bobbing her head enthusiastically. "Okay. One last time." Artemisia raised from the chair and clocked her eyes over her friends. "But we're getting dessert later. Don't think I didn't notice we're skipping it."

Her gaze passed over Dick, noting his foreign expression, forcing her to focus on him. He was smiling halfheartedly, standing up gently. He pretended to be as okay with her choice as the rest, but the League's bad taste wouldn't leave his mouth.

She thought of sending him a smile, reassure him that things would be fine. But what good would that be? He did not listen to her or Bruce. A simple smile would do nothing. He didn't care.

This was it, then. Until she parted for the League of Shadows, their shared time wouldn't be the same ( if they even dared to kill time together again ). They no longer shared something; a passion, an ideal.

There wouldn't be Dick and Temi.

They were done.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The finale of season 3 is close and here's me updating season 2 🤡🤡🤡
I'll be posting part three as soon as I finish planning most of it or have an idea of how to continue the story.
See you soon ( hopefully ).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 722 26
"This is the contradiction we have in the media. We love Vigilantes : Batman, Superman, Wonder woman- the world is filled with vigilantes. We love to...
92.1K 2.1K 46
𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐀𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰. 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞...
281K 7.4K 30
"she's mad but she's magic. there's no lie in her fire." AGAINST ALL BOOK 1 TITANS SEASON 1 (quote by charles bukowski)
96K 2.2K 54
" How do you destroy a monster without becoming one ? " π™Έπš— πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘ πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒 πš‹πšž...