тнє ℓαѕт qυєєи // тнє ∂σ¢тσя

By Silverfloor23

Backstory/Description in the book WARNING ⚠️ - SMUT More

The Last Queen
Cast
Extra Cast/Big Announcement
Themes
Dalek
The Long Game
Father's Day
The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
Boom Town
Bad Wolf
The Paring Of Ways
Born Again
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
School Reunion
The Girl In The Fireplace
Rise Of The Cybermen
Age Of Steel
The Idiots Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
Love and Monsters
Fear Her
Army Of Ghosts
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
Smith's and Jones
The Shakespeare Code
Gridlock
Daleks In Manhatten
Evolution Of The Daleks
The Lazarus Experiment
42
Human Nature
Family Of Blood
Blink
Utopia
The Sound Of The Drums
Last Of The Time Lords
Time Crash
Voyage Of The Damned
Partners In Crime
The Fires Of Pompeii
Planet Of The Ood
The Sontaran Stratagem
The Poison Sky
The Doctor's Other Daughter
The Unicorn and The Wasp
Silence In The Library
Forest Of The Dead
Midnight
Turn Left
The Stolen Earth
Journey's End
The Next Doctor
Planet Of The Dead
The Waters On Mars
The Wedding Of Sarah Jane Smith and a Family Vacation
A Wedding Of Time
The End Of Time #1
The End Of Time #2
The Eleventh Hour
The Beast Below
Victory Of The Daleks
The Time Of Angels
Flesh And Stone
Meanwhile In The Tardis
The Vampires Of Venice
Amy's Choice
The Hungry Earth
Cold Blood
Vincent and The Doctor
The Lodger
The Pandorica Opens
The Big Bang

Tooth and Claw

2.5K 55 14
By Silverfloor23

{"I am a Queen."}

I stood in console room dressed for the 1800s. Theta had frowned saying that I was years off with my dress but I just shot him a smirk causing him to eyeball me with a cock of his head.

Placing a kiss on his lips, we were interrupted by Rose who has changed into denim mini-dungarees. "What do you think of this? Will it do?" She smirked seductively at him causing him to cringe. "In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this." He insulted causing her to frown.

She just didn't seem to get that Theta didn't like her like that and after that kiss things seemed to change.

He puts a CD into the Tardis player, "Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979." Theta smiled at me as Rose laughed, "You're a punk." She teased causing him to smile. "It's good to be a lunatic." Theta laughed as he and Rose moved around the console, "That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabillly thrown in." I teased back with a smile causing him to look up at me excitedly. "Would you like to see him?" He asked me as Rose scoffed from the side.

"How'd you mean? In concert?" Rose asked trying to get the attention back on her but it didn't work very well for her. "What else is a Tardis for? I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November, 1979. What do you think?" He asked me but Rose stepped in between us, "Sheffield it is." She smiled.

He rolled his eyes with a fake smile. "Hold on tight." Theta beats the rhythm of the song on the console as we travel. "Stop!" Rose shouted, and we stop suddenly, and get thrown to the floor. "1979. Hell of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb. And I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to-" Rifles are cocked as Theta steppes out of the TARDIS.

"My thumb." His eyes darken as he pushes me behind him as we are surrounded by Redcoats. The officer in charge is on a black horse, "1879. Same difference." He spoke with a shrug causing me to chuckle as I leaned close to him, "And you thought I was dressed wrong." I teased causing him to stick his tongue out at me.

"You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of this girl." Theta suddenly speaks in Scottish, matching my accent. "Are we in Scotland?" He asked with a frown causing me to roll my eyes. "How can you be ignorant of that?"

"Oh, I'm, I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this, this wee naked child over hill and over dale with my wife. Isn't that right, ya timorous beastie? Wife?" My heart soared at the sound of being his wife. Sure we were Binded but we never actually got married. "Och, aye! I've been oot and aboot." We both turned to Rose with confused looks.

"No, don't do that." I spoke with a shake of my head, "Hoots mon." She tried again. "No, really don't. Really." Theta frowned, "Will you identify yourself, sir?" The Captain asked.
"I'm Doctor James McCrimmon, from the township of Balamory, this is my wife Kate. I have my credentials, if I may." He gets out his psychic paper, "As you can see, a Doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. I trained under Doctor Bell himself." An upper-class English accent comes from a carriage nearby.

"Let them approach."

"I don't think that's wise, ma'am."

"Let them approach."

"You will approach the carriage, and show all due deference." Theta salutes as we walk closer to the carriage where a footman opens the door to reveal the Imperial Widow. "Kate, My love. Rose, might I introduce her Majesty Queen Victoria. Empress of India and Defender of the Faith." I smiled excitedly, "I do love meeting fellow Queens." I muttered as Rose spoke. "Rose Tyler, Ma'am. And my apologies for being so naked."

"I've had five daughters. It's nothing to me. But you, Doctor. Show me these credentials." He hands her the psychic paper. "Why didn't you say so immediately? It states clearly here that you have been appointed by the Lord Provost as my Protector. And you
Miss Kate? Queen Of Gallifrey? Never heard of that." My head snapped towards Theta who laughed guilty and grabbed the paper back, "Does it? Yes, it does. Good. Good. Then let me ask - why is Your Majesty travelling by road when there's a train all the way to Aberdeen?"

"A tree on the line."

"An accident?"

"I am the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Everything around me tends to be planned. You would know as well, Kate." I smiled at her, "Well as I am a Queen, I do understand the feeling but I'm currently in hiding with my husband because of a war." She nodded at me causing me to take a breath.

"An assassination attempt." Theta confirmed with a nod causing Rose to scoff, clearly pissed that I was being acknowledged and not her. "What, seriously? There's people out to kill you?" She asked with a frown, "I'm quite used to staring down the barrel of a gun." Victoria explained, "Sir Robert MacLeish lives but ten miles hence. We've sent word ahead. He'll shelter us for tonight, then we can reach Balmoral tomorrow."

"This Doctor, His Queen and their timorous beastie will come with us." Victoria announced causing the guard to nod, "Yes, Ma'am. We'd better get moving - it's almost nightfall." She nodded in agreement. "Indeed. And there are stories of wolves in these parts. Fanciful tales intended to scare the children. But good for the blood, I think. Drive on!" Theta, Rose and I walk with the soldiers behind the carriage.

"It's funny though, because you say assassination and you just think of Kennedy and stuff. Not her." I frowned at the blonde, it was her history she should think about her when it comes to assassination. Queen Victoria had actually been one of my favorite earth monarchs. "1879, She's had, oh, six attempts on her life? And I'll tell you something else. We just met Queen Victoria!" I laughed out as I turned to Theta excitedly as he smiled back.

His eyes shining as he watched me fan girl over the Queen. "What a laugh!" Theta smiled, as Rose stepped closer to us. "She was just sitting there." She stated turning to him as he nodded, "Like a stamp." He spoke as we walked along, "I want her to say we are not amused. I bet you five quid I can make her say it."

"Well, if I gambled on that, it'd be an abuse of my privileges of traveller in time."

"Ten quid?"

"Done."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

When we arrived a man comes out to meet Queen Victoria. While the rest of the servants stood off to the side, although I eyed each and every one of them; they looked super suspicious.

"Your Majesty." Robert bowed at the Queen causing her to nod back. "Sir Robert. My apologies for the emergency. And how is Lady Isobel?" She questioned causing the man to blink before he started to sweat nervously, "She's indisposed, I'm afraid. She's gone to Edinburgh for the season. And she's taken the cook with her. The kitchens are barely stocked. I wouldn't blame Your Majesty if you wanted to ride on."

"Oh, not at all. I've had quite enough carriage exercise. And this is charming, if rustic. It's my first visit to this house. My late husband spoke of it often. The Torchwood Estate. Now, shall we go inside? And please excuse the naked girl."

"Sorry."

"She's a feral child. I bought her for sixpence in old London Town. It's was her or the Elephant Man, so-" Theta was interrupted by said blonde. "Thinks he's funny but I'm so not amused. What do you think, Ma'am?" Rose asked shooting Theta a look trying to impress him. "It hardly matters. Shall we proceed?" Victoria refused to get into Rose's charade. "So close." Rose muttered as I rolled my eyes.

Queen Victoria goes inside, "Makerson and Ramsey, you will escort the property. Hurry up." Reynolds demanded as the soldiers lined up. "Yes, sir." They take a small locked box from the carriage and carry it into the house. "So what's in there, then?" Theta asked with a frown. "Property of the Crown. You will dismiss any further thoughts, sir. The rest of you go to the rear of the house. Assume your designated positions."

"You heard the orders. Positions."

"Sir." The shadows of the solders pass the cellar lights. A cloaked figure in the cage makes the Shush gesture to the captives.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

One of the soldiers places the wooden box inside an iron lattice crate, "Guard it with your life."

"This, I take it, is the famous Endeavour." A massive bronze telescope, "All my father's work. Built by hand in his final years. Became something of an obsession. He spent his money on this rather than caring for the house or himself." Robert explained to us, "I wish I'd met him. I like him. That thing's beautiful. Can I?" Theta pointed to it with a curios smile.

"Help yourself." Robert allowed Theta to take a closer look as he put his glasses on, "What did he model it on?" I asked with a frown. "I know nothing about it. To be honest, most of us thought him a little, shall we say, eccentric. I wish now I'd spent more time with him and listened to his stories." Robert explained as we listened along. "It's a bit rubbish. How many prisms has it got? Way too many. The magnification's gone right over the top. That's stupid kind of-" Theta paused with a frown and looked towards me. "Am I being rude again?"

I gave a stiff smile and nodded, "Yes, My Love." Theta nodded back with a awkward smile. "But it's pretty. It's very pretty." He complemented with a nod, "And the imagination of it should be applauded." Victoria stated, "Mmm. Thought you might disapprove, Your Majesty. Stargazing. Isn't that a bit fanciful? You could easily not be amused, or something? No?" Rose tried again but was ignored.

"This device surveys the infinite work of God. What could be finer? Sir Robert's father was an example to us all. A polymath, steeped in astronomy and sciences, yet equally well versed in folklore and fairytales." Victoria explained causing Theta to smile, "Stars and magic. I like him more and more." Theta smiled at me, giving me a kiss on the head as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Oh, my late husband enjoyed his company. Prince Albert himself was acquainted with many rural superstitions, coming as he did from Saxe Coburg." Victoria explained to us, "That's Bavaria." I nodded back. "When Albert was told about your local wolf, he was transported." She smiled lightly at the memory, "So, what's this wolf, then?"

"It's just a story."

"Then tell it."

"It's said that-" He was interrupted by one of the servants. "Excuse me, sir. Perhaps her Majesty's party could repair to their rooms. It's almost dark." I glared as the man, he was not at all trustworthy. "Of course. Yes, of course." Robert nodded as we started out of the room. "And then supper. And could we find some clothes for Miss Tyler? I'm tired of nakedness."

"It's not amusing, is it?" I rolled my eyes at her persistence, "Sir Robert, your wife must have left some clothes. See to it. We shall dine at seven, and talk some more of this wolf. After all, there is a full moon tonight."

"So there is, Ma'am."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

A little while later we sat at the dinner table eating a nice dinner when a servant comes in; the same on as before. "Your companion begs an apology, Doctor. Her clothing has somewhat delayed her." I watched him with a frown as Theta shrugged not caring at all that she wasn't here. We were both used to her being this way and getting into trouble but he just didn't care at all anymore.

"Oh, that's all right. Save her a wee bit of ham." Theta teased as he grabbed my hand, bringing it up to kiss the back of it. "The feral child could probably eat it raw." Victoria scoffed out causing Sir Reynolds's to burst into forced fake laughter causing me to slightly jump, "Very wise, Ma'am. Very witty." He forced out as she started at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Slightly witty, perhaps. I know you rarely get the chance to dine with me, Captain, but don't get too excited. I shall contain my wit in case I do you further injury." I coughed into my napkin trying not to laugh at her statement as he quickly sobered up.
"Yes, Ma'am. Sorry, Ma'am." He cleared his throat, "Besides, we're all waiting on Sir Robert. Come, sir. You promised us a tale of nightmares." Theta smirked at Sir Reynolds who gave a stiff smile.

"Indeed. Since my husband's death, I find myself with more of a taste for supernatural fiction." Victoria insisted with a nod, "You must miss him." I stated with a cock of my head as I through Theta a look. I would definitely miss him if he died on me, "Very much. Oh, completely. And that's the charm of a ghost story, isn't it? Not the scares and chills, that's just for children, but the hope of some contact with the great beyond. We all want some message from that place. It's the Creator's greatest mystery that we're allowed no such consolation. The dead stay silent, and we must wait. Come. Begin your tale, Sir Robert. There's a chill in the air. The wind is howling through the eaves. Tell us of monsters."

"The story goes back three hundred years. Every full moon, the howling rings through the valley. The next morning, livestock is found ripped apart and devoured." Robert starts his story as Reynolds clears his throat. "Tales like this just disguise the work of thieves. Steal a sheep and blame a wolf, simple as that."

"But sometimes a child goes missing. Once in a generation, a boy will vanish from his homestead."

"Are there descriptions of the creature?"

"Oh, yes, Doctor. Drawings and woodcarvings. And it's not merely a wolf. It's more than that. This is a man who becomes an animal."

"A werewolf?" I asked with a frown, The full moon hangs high in the sky.
"My father didn't treat it as a story. He said it was fact. He even claimed to have communed with the beast, to have learned its purpose. I should have listened. His work was hindered. He made enemies. There's a monastery in the Glen of Saint Catherine. The Brethren opposed my father's investigations." I watch as one of the servants gazes out at the moon and starts chanting lupus deus est.

"Perhaps they thought his work ungodly." Victoria raised an eyebrow, "That's what I thought. But now I wonder. What if they had a different reason for wanting the story kept quiet? What if they turned from God and worshipped the wolf?" Robert asked with a frown. "And what if they were with us right now?"

Suddenly the servants began chanting, "What is the meaning of this?" Victoria demanded with a glare. "Explain yourself, Sir Robert!" Reynolds yells out as the chanting grows louder, "What's happening?" Victoria demands once again. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty, they've got my wife." I frown an stand up with a glare, "Rose! Where's Rose? Where is she? Sir Robert, come on!" I shout as Captain Reynolds keeps his revolver trained on the chanting monk.

"Tell me, sir. I demand to know your intention!"

"Lupus deus est. Lupus deus est."

"What is it that you want?"

"The throne." The Servant disarms Reynolds as we run along a corridor.

The werewolf is fully formed, and examining its paws. "One, two, three, pull!" The end of the chain breaks free of the wall. The Doctor and Robert kick their way in. "Where the hell have you been?" Rose shouts in anger as Theta  sees the occupant of the crate, "Oh, that's beautiful." He breathed out as Robert starts shouting at everyone.

"Come on, go. Get out!" The werewolf breaks out of the crate, "Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out!" I shout as I pushed everyone out of the room while Theta stares, "Come on."
Theta continues to stare in admiration, then ducks as it throws a piece of crate at him. He runs out and locks the door with the sonic screwdriver.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

The werewolf's howl echoes through the house. "I take it, sir, that you halted my train to bring me here?" Victoria asks with a glare. "We have waited so long for one of your journeys to coincide with the moon." He mutters out as he stares her down. "Then you have waited in vain. After six attempts on my life" She takes a small gun from her handbag. "I am hardly unprepared."

"Oh, I don't think so, woman."

"The correct form of address is Your Majesty." Victoria shoots at him.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

The Steward hands out the contents of the gun cupboard to the men. "Arms, and you five. Ready, everyone?"
to Lady Isobel "Take the girls. Get them out through the kitchen." Lady Isobel shakes her head, "I can't leave you. What will you do?" Robert sighs with a sad smile. "I must defend her Majesty. Now, don't think of me, just go."

"All of you, at my side. Come on!" Theta is removing the shackles with the sonic screwdriver. "It could be any form of light modulated species triggered by specific wavelengths. Did it say what it wanted?" He asked Rose who frowned at him, "The Queen, the Crown, the throne - you name it." There is a crash of something bursting through a wooden door. The Doctor goes out to investigate and sees the werewolf at the other end of the passageway. "Fire! Fire!"

"All right, you men. We should retreat upstairs. Come with me." Theta demanded, "I'll not retreat. The battle's done. There's no creature on God's Earth that could survive such an assault." Steward glared at Theta, scoffing at the thought of taking orders by him. "I'm telling you, come upstairs!" Theta shouts in anger and panic, "And I'm telling you, sir, I will sleep well tonight with that thing's hide upon my wall."

The Steward steps into the corridor then looks back. "It must have crawled away to die." The Steward is hoisted up to the ceiling, "There's nothing we can do!" Sounds of snarling and wet meat ripping.

"Your Majesty? Your Majesty!"

"Sir Robert? What's happening?"Victoria comes down the stairs, "I heard such terrible noises." She gasped out. "Your Majesty, we've got to get out. But what of Father Angelo? Is he still here?"

"Captain Reynolds disposed of him."

"The front door's no good, it's been boarded shut. Pardon me, Your Majesty. You'll have to leg it out of a window."

"Excuse my manners, Ma'am, but I shall go first, the better to assist Her Majesty's egress." Robert nods, "A noble sentiment, my Sir Walter Raleigh." Theta unknowingly on himself regains his London accent causing me to subtly smirk. He was so distracted he couldn't keep the accent up. "Yeah, any chance you could hurry up?" Robert opens the window and the monks outside open fire.

"I reckon the monkey boys want us to stay inside."

"Do they know who I am??"

"Yeah, that's why they want you. The wolf's lined you up for a, a biting."

"Stop this talk. There can't be an actual wolf." Howl!

"What do we do?" Rose asked turning to Theta, "We run." Theta announced as he looked around. "Is that it?" Rose scoffed in shock, "You got any silver bullets?" I asked her with a frown. "Not on me, no." Rose shook her head at my question "There we are then, we run. Your Majesty, as a Doctor, I recommend a vigourous jog. Good for the health. Come on!" He makes the motions of a jog as we head up the staircase.

The werewolf smashes its way out of below stairs and follows us, "Come on! Come on!" The werewolf is nearly upon us when Reynolds turns and shoots. It retreats. "I'll take this position and hold it. You keep moving, for God's sake! Your Majesty, I went to look for the property and it was taken. The chest was empty." Reynolds panics but Victoria responds quickly, "I have it. It's safe." She reassured. "Then remove yourself, Ma'am. Doctor, you stand as Her Majesty's Protector. And you, Sir Robert, you're a traitor to the crown." I scoffed at him and shook my head.

"Bullets can't stop it!"

"They'll buy you time. Now run!"Reynolds empties his revolver at the werewolf before it pounces and rips him apart. "Kate!" Theta grabs me and drags me inside the room leaving Rose who had to rush in behind us. "Barricade the door." I demanded causing them too. "Wait a minute. Shush, shush, wait a minute."

There is one lonely howl, "It's stopped." The werewolf sniffs at the door, then leaves. "It's gone." He let out a breath in relief, "Listen." There are footsteps and growls from outside the walls as it walks around the room. "Is this the only door?" I asked with a look around, "Yes. No!" They quickly barricade the other door.

"Shush." The noises continue outside the walls, "I don't understand. What's stopping it?" Rose frowned with a confused look, "Something inside this room. What is it? Why can't it get in?" Theta frowned as he too looked around.

"I'll tell you what, though." Rose started, "What?" Theta asked. "Werewolf." She laughed out causing him to nod but he wasn't as excited as she was, seeming as his attention was on me and my safety.

"You all right?" He asked me as he pulled me closer giving me a once over. "I'm okay, yeah. Just running in a dress; you'd think I would be used to it by now." I smiled at him causing him to laugh lightly as Rose gave us a heated glare. Queen Victoria watched us all, smiling at me and Theta but frowning when she spotted Rose glaring at us.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. It's all my fault. I should have sent you away. I tried to suggest something was wrong. I thought you might notice. Did you think there was nothing strange about my household staff?" Robert asked with a frown breaking me and Theta out of our bubble. "Well, they were bald, athletic. Your wife's away, I just thought you were happy." I smacked Theta on the chest causing him to grunt and rub the spot as he pouted at me. I gave him a pointed look causing him to huff.

"I'll tell you what though, Ma'am, I bet you're not amused now." I frowned at her as Theta winced at the wrong moment at the time. "Do you think this is funny?" Victoria snapped causing Rose to flinch, she seemed to be making more enemies than friends lately. "No, Ma'am. I'm sorry." She looked away like a child that just got into trouble, "What, exactly, I pray tell me, someone, please. What exactly is that creature?"

"You'd call it a werewolf, but technically it's a more of a lupine wavelength haemovariform." Theta explained with a gentle smile. "And should I trust you, sir? You who change your voice so easily? What happened to your accent?" She glared at him causing him to clear his throat awkwardly.

"Oh right, sorry, that's-"

"I'll not have it. No, sir. Not you, not that thing, none of it. This is not my world." She spoke as she walked away from us.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

A carving of mistletoe on the door, "Mistletoe. Sir Robert, did you father put that there?" I asked with a frown as Theta stepped up next to me. "I don't know. I suppose." He shrugged, "On the other door, too. No, a carving wouldn't be enough. I wonder." He licks the woodwork causing me to scoff.

"Viscum album, the oil of the mistletoe. It's been worked into the wood like a varnish. How clever was your dad? I love him. Powerful stuff, mistletoe. Bursting with lectins and viscotoxins." I watched him with a grimace, "You are so not kissing me after doing that." His head whipped around so fast about to say something but Rose interrupted before he could. "And the wolf's allergic to it?"

"Well, it thinks it is. The monkey monk monks need a way of controlling the wolf, maybe they trained it to react against certain things."

"Nevertheless, that creature won't give up, Doctor, and we still don't possess an actual weapon."

"Oh, your father got all the brains, didn't he?" Theta scoffed with an eye roll, "Being rude again." I laughed out causing him to nod with a raised eyebrow. "Good. I meant that one. You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have." He throws some books to Rose. "Arm yourself."

"Biology, zoology. There might be something on wolves in here." Rose tries to hand him a book but he looks towards me, "Hold on, what about this? A book on mistletoe." He asked me with a raised eyebrow. "A book on magic." I repeat back with a frown, "Some form of explosive." Robert explains, "Hmm, that's the sort of thing."

"Wolf's bane, what about that?"

"Look what your old dad found. Something fell to Earth." I told Robert as he looked over my shoulder. "A spaceship?" Rose asks, "A shooting star. In the year of our Lord 1540, under the reign of King James the Fifth, an almighty fire did burn in the pit. That's the Glen of Saint Catherine just by the monastery." He reads out loud to us, "But that's over three hundred years ago. What's it been waiting for?" Rose asked as she turned to Theta.

"Maybe just a single cell survived. Adapting slowly down the generations, it survived through the humans, host after host after host." I explained as I moved around the room. "But why does it want the throne?" Robert asked with a frown, "That's what it wants. It said so. The, the Empire of the Wolf." Rose stated with wide eyes as she pointed at Theta.

"Imagine it. The Victorian Age accelerated. Starships and missiles fueled by coal and driven by steam, leaving history devastated in its wake."

"Sir Robert. If I am to die here."

"Don't say that, Your Majesty." Robert tried to stop her. "I would destroy myself rather than let that creature infect me. But that's no matter. I ask only that you find some place of safekeeping for something far older and more precious than myself." She explained, "Hardly the time to worry about your valuables." Theta muttered causing Victoria to glare at him. "Thank you for your opinion, but there is nothing more valuable than this."

A finest white 105.6 carat diamond. "Is that the Koh-I-Noor?" Rose asked shocked, "Oh, yes. The greatest diamond in the world." I told her as we looked at it in awe. "Given to me as the spoils of war. Perhaps its legend is now coming true. It is said that whoever owns it must surely die." Victoria explained to us, "Well, that's true of anything if you own it long enough. Can I?"

Theta examines the diamond,
"That is so beautiful." Theta mused as I look down at my hands, taking a deep breath I began concentrating. "How much is that worth?" Rose asked as she leaned closer to Theta. "They say the wages of the entire planet for a whole week." I spoke as I rang my hands out. I could do this, I just needed to time it correctly.

"Good job my mum's not here. She'd be fighting the wolf off with her bare hands for that thing." Rose stated with a smile as she went to grab him but he pulled away, "And she'd win." I spoke as I moved closer. "Where is the wolf? I don't trust this silence." Robert asked with a frown, "Why do you travel with it?" I asked turning to them with a frown.

"My annual pilgrimage. I'm taking it to Helier and Carew, the Royal Jewellers at Hazelhead. The stone needs recutting." Victoria shrugged, "Oh, but it's perfect." Rose stated with a frown, "My late husband never thought so." She smiled at the memory of him, the sadness she felt would never be the sam as the happiness she once had that much I did understand.

Looking over at Theta, I watched him. If I lost him I don't know what I would ever do.

"Now, there's a fact. Prince Albert kept on having the Koh-I-Noor cut down. It used to be forty percent bigger than this. But he was never happy. Kept on cutting and cutting." I nodded along as I spoke, it seems I picked up some of Theta's weird traits.

"He always said the shine was not quite right. But he died with it still unfinished." She muttered sadly, "Unfinished. Oh, yes." He throws the stone back to Victoria. "There's a lot of unfinished business in this house. His father's research, and your husband, Ma'am, he came here and he sought the perfect diamond. Hold on, hold on. All these separate things, they're not separate at all, they're connected. Oh, my head, my head. What if this house, it's a trap for you. Is that right, "Ma'am?"

"Obviously."

"At least, that's what the wolf intended. But, what if there's a trap inside the trap?"

"Explain yourself, Doctor."

"What if his father and your husband weren't just telling each other stories. They dared to imagine all this was true, and they planned against it, laying the real trap not for you but for the wolf." Plaster dust falls from the ceiling. They look up to the domes skylight. "That wolf there." The glass in the skylight cracks, "Out! Out! Out!"

Theta shuts the mistletoe doors on the werewolf. "Your Majesty!" Robert yells, "Get to the observatory!" The werewolf catches up with Rose. She screams then a pan of liquid is thrown over it. It retreats. "Good shot." I spoke impressed by the woman. "It was mistletoe." The woman laughs, "Isobel!" Robert and Isobel kiss, "Now, get back downstairs."

"Keep yourself safe."

"Now go."

"Girls, come with me. Down the back stairs, back to the kitchens. Quickly!" The girls leave as we make our way in the opposite direction. "Come on!" I shout hurriedly, "The observatory's this way." We carry on up the staircase as the werewolf recovers.

"No mistletoe in these doors because your father wanted the wolf to get inside. I just need time. Is there any way of barricading this?" I turned to Theta and nodded causing him to nod back but Robert didn't see this, "Just do your work and I'll defend it." He frowned as I stepped up to him, "Sir Robert I can handle thi-" He interrupts me and pushing us towards the room. "I said I'd find you time, Sir, Ma'am. Now get inside."

I rolled my eyes and turned to Theta who nodded as we moved towards the room. I guess I would just have to time it all right, "Good man."

"Your Majesty, the diamond." Theta held out his hand for it. "For what purpose?" Victoria asked with a frown as she held it close. "The purpose it was designed for." Robert takes a sword from a display on the wall and stands ready as the werewolf comes up the stairs, Victoria hands over the diamond.

"Rose."

They go to the control wheels and start raising the telescope up. "Lift it. Come on." Theta pushed her. "Is this the right time for stargazing?" Rose asked with a huff, "Yes it is." Theta spoke as I rushed back to the door where Victoria and Robert were.

"I committed treason for you, but now my wife will remember me with honour!" It is a very short fight, as I push the door open and rush out grabbing him and pulling him into the room. I closed the door and pressed my hands against it, my eyes glowing as my shield is raised around the room. Victoria holds up her jet cross and prays.

"You said this thing doesn't work." Rose asked with a frown as I walked over to them, "It doesn't work as a telescope because that's not what it is. It's a light chamber. It magnifies the light rays like a weapon. We've just got to power it up." I explained as she huffed with a glare. "It won't work. There's no electricity. Moonlight. But the wolf needs moonlight. It's made by moonlight."

I turned to Theta with a stern look, "I've got a shield raised but I can't hold it for long. I've never done one this big." He nodded placing a kiss on my forehead before moving along. "You're seventy percent water but you can still drown. Come on! Come on!"

The moon shines down into the telescope lens and bounces between the prisms, magnifying as it goes. I let the shield down after getting a nod from Theta and the werewolf breaks in and goes for Queen Victoria.

The Doctor slides the diamond over to where the light hits the floor. It refracts upwards, catching the werewolf in its beam and lifting it up off the floor. The wolf turns back into a young man, hanging as if crucified in mid air. "Make it brighter. Let me go."

The Doctor adjusts the magnification on the eyepiece. The man turns back into a wolf shape, howls and vanishes. Victoria looks at a small scratch on her wrist.

"Your Majesty? Did it bite you?"

"No, it's, it's a cut, that's all."

"If that thing bit you?"

"It was a splinter of wood when the door came apart. It's nothing." I frowned at her from the side. "Let me see." Theta pressed but she didn't allow him to look. "It is nothing."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Morning, Sir Robert and his wife stood off to the side both happily holding each other an giving me grateful eyes. In the presence of the whole household, the Doctor and Rose kneel before Queen Victoria, who is armed with a sword while I stand next to them.. "By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Sir Doctor of Tardis. Kate, I don't have a right to dub thee a title for which you already have one as Queen. But by the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Dame Rose of the Powell Estate. You may stand."

"Many thanks, Ma'am." Both me and Theta spoke together, "Thanks. They're never going to believe this back home." Rose gapped in happiness causing me to roll my eyes. She was just happy she got a title.

"Your Majesty, you said last night about receiving no message from the great beyond. I think your husband cut that diamond to save your life. He's protecting you even now, Ma'am, from beyond the grave." I smiled gently at her as she to gave me a sad smile. "Indeed. Then you may think on this also. That I am not amused." Theta scoffed an rolled his eyes as Rose turned to him with a wide smile.

"Yes!" Rose cheered happily, which didn't sit well with Victoria as she eyed the young girl. I could understand where she was coming from, to have daughters and see this young girl be so happy about death and danger. She was so going to banish us. "Not remotely amused. And henceforth I banish you." Queen Victoria stated as I predicted. "I'm sorry?" Theta frowned in confusion.

"I have rewarded you, Sir Doctor, and now you are exiled from this empire, never to return. I don't know what you are, the three of you, or where you're from, but I know that you consort with stars and magic and think it fun. While your Queen here is a great ruler because she cares, your world is steeped in terror and blasphemy and death, and I will not allow it. You will leave these shores and you will reflect, I hope, on how you came to stray so far from all that is good, and how much longer you may survive this terrible life. Now leave my world, and never return. And hope that one day she can save you."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

"Whoa!" We get off the back of a cart, "Cheers, Dougal!"

"Walk on."

"No, but the funny thing is, Queen Victoria did actually suffer a mutation of the blood. It's historical record. She was haemophiliac. They used to call it the Royal Disease. But it's always been a mystery because she didn't inherit it. Her mum didn't have it, her dad didn't have it. It came from nowhere." I explained as they listened on. "What, and you're saying that's a wolf bite?" Rose frowned, "Well, maybe haemophilia is just a Victorian euphemism." Theta shrugged, his bottom lip jutting out slightly at the thought.

"For werewolf?"

"Could be."

"Queen Victoria's a werewolf?"

"Could be. And her children had the Royal Disease. Maybe she gave them a quick nip." Theta teased with a raised eyebrow. "So, the Royal Family are werewolves?" Rose asked, "Well, maybe not yet. I mean, a single wolf cell could take a hundred years to mature. Might be ready by, oh, early 21st century?" I spoke with a frown, "Nah, that's just ridiculous! Mind you, Princess Anne." Rose paused as she watched Theta turn to me, clearly not paying attention to her.

"I'll say no more." Theta smile at me as he grabbed my hand. "And if you think about it, they're very private. They plan everything in advance. They could schedule themselves around the moon. We'd never know. And they like hunting!" I spoke as we move inside the TARDIS, Rose turning to us with a smile trying to get Theta's attention again. "They love blood sports. Oh my God, they're werewolves!" The Tardis dematerializes.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Later that night, I sat in the library staring at my hands; the white glow that had begun to form. It was powerful and I didn't know what to do with it yet. I had vaguely remembered reading about the powers of past Queens. One had the sight of future, another could stop time, two could produce shields so big it could protect a whole planet. Another one could use their power as a weapon, and the last to heal.

The strange thing about mine, is since I was a Princess I could use shields. I've never been able to use it on anything bigger than myself but I had a weird feeling that I would get all of these abilities. I didn't want them believe me, and I didn't want to be overpowered that it would overwhelm me but I know I was chosen.

Especially since I already had two out of the five past powers, I just wasn't exactly sure how to use them.

●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

6,644 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 0 17
Collection of previously-published one-shot Doctor Who songfics, primarily featuring Ten/Rose that I'm posting all in one "book" to make it easier on...
107K 1.8K 29
A compilation of my Doctor x reader ideas. Finished in 2018, and finally gave it the completed title in 2022. I will do: Occasional classics!!!! 9th...
56 0 4
The Doctor and the Master are both the stuff of legend in the kinky world, but outside of it, their personal life is a mess.
3.6K 184 9
𝐈𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡: 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭...