GOTHAM: BEYOND EVIL || Damien...

By aushii007

'๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๏ฟฝ... More

Prologue
1 - To The City Of Crime
2 - An Unforgettable Face
3 - The Broken Blue-Eyed Girl
4 - Green-Eyed Guys
5 - That One Comfy Bed
6 - The Dinner Debacle
7 - One Night With Him
8 - Misunderstandings
9 - Anger And Understanding
10 - Blasphemy
11 - Exception
13 - Flynn Ryder
14 - The Ravenette And His Friend
15 - Boyfriends
16 - Midnight Rendezvous
17 - The Aftermath
18 - Dream House
19 - The Burrito Mishap
20 - Unbroken Promises
21 - To Being Friends
22 - 'Small' Fight
23 - Jack Could Have Lived
24 - Primร  Rosร 
25 - Milan, Italy
26 - Jonathan Kent
27 - The Almost-Kiss
28 - His Facade
29 - Flying Pancakes
30 - The Soy Sauce Sabotage
31 - Beauty And The Beast
32 - The Friday After 7th July
33 - The Uncanny In Crime Alley
34 - Only A Matter Of Time
35 - Do you get Dรฉjร  vu?
36 - Clarity and Closure
37 - Oliver Queen
38 - Jacqueline Walker
39 - Poison Ivy's Hideout
40 - You Told Me
41 - Monster
42 - Trust Him
43 - Approval No.1
44 - Serendipity
45- Seeing Angels
46 - Secrets I Have Held In My Heart
47 - Same Shit, Different City
48 - Language Lessons
49 - Consequences (1): A Failed Execution
50 - Consequences (2): A Failed Game
51 - Consequences (3): A Failed Misunderstanding
52 - Reverse Card
53 - Bam! Plot Twist
54 - A Reverse Reverse Card?
55 - Wake-Up Calls & Coffee Orders

12 - Scarless Rumors

5.1K 141 25
By aushii007

It was past 9 when I got to the hotel.

The grayish sky of Gotham contrasted to the bright sun I had seen near Wayne Manor. It was then I understood why Bruce preferred to stay so far away from the city; It looked way less depressing.

I pulled the key out of the ignition, debating on how to lock the unfamiliar car, before finally shutting the door and walking into the building. Just as I walk in, I saw almost the whole class standing in the reception, looking like they were waiting for someone.

And judging by the happy look on my friend's faces, Lila wasn't here yet.

"Alya! Chloe!" I shouted out, catching the attention of my friends, and unfortunately, the rest of the class. "Marinette!" Alya shouted back, sounding worried. "I've been worried sick. How could you just leave and send a text message three hours later?" she said again, hugging me tight.

"Melody, we couldn't reach you either." says Luka, making me feel guilty. "I'm sorry guys, my phone died. I was dead asleep last night." I said, making Adrien laugh out loud. "Of course you were. You needed that sleep after yesterday." he said, pointedly.

"I guess I did."

"What happened while I was gone?" I asked, looking at Kagami, who stood to a side, clutching her head while staring at the class. "Ugh, don't even ask." let out Chloe, facepalming.

"Lila somehow made up a rumor that you hadn't come back last night because you were too busy seducing a guy for money; the one who you left with yesterday." says Kagami, annoyed.

"Oh, wow. Why am I not surprised?" I state, face blank. I can't believe Lila managed to convince everyone so fast, but at the same time I could. "That's not the worst part." Adrien states, sighing.

"She almost convinced Ms. Bustier to file a missing persons complaint on you, saying she was worried." he says, as I groaned out loud. "Ms. Bustier managed to stall her saying we should wait until the morning, so thank goodness you're here."

"What is wrong with her?" I hissed, as Adrien laughed, coming near and side-hugging my waist. "What isn't wrong with her?" he asked in reply, making me laugh out loud. Soon, our laughter paused as we heard the rest of the class whisper behind us.

"I can't believe Marinette is trying to seduce Adrien right in front of his girlfriend." scoffed Alix, rolling her eyes. "And I can't believe Adrien is hugging that wh*re in front of his girlfriend. Isn't that just cheating?" let out Kim.

"Who knows? Maybe they're sleeping together." Alix whispers to Kim, quite loudly. "Behind Kagami's back?" Kim whispers. Adrien awkwardly lets go of me as Kagami shifts uncomfortably.

"Hey, didn't Lila say Marinette was hooking up with the older guy yesterday?" asks Ivan, making Rose nod along. "Oh, right. God, what a sl*t." Kim laughs out loud, making the rest of the class glare at me in disgust.

I turn around, ignoring the stares of my classmates as Adrien and I meet eyes. He gives me an apologetic look, knowing he poured gasoline on the fire. I wave him off, used to this. Although, no matter how much I was used to it, it still hurt just as much.

But rumors leave no scars.

And cue, enter the main character.

Lila and Ms. Bustier walk in, Lila looking worried. "...and I'm just concerned about her, you know? She's been caught with drugs a few times and- Oh!" Lila pauses her conversation as she catches sight of me.

My gut told me that she was talking about me.

"M-marinette! Y-you're back." she stutters out, skin slowly paling. "You're okay, right? You didn't overdose this time?" she asks again, making the class gasp out loud. "Mari, you're an addict?" asks Rose, innocently.

"I didn't expect you to be a junkie on top of all things." This time, Kim was the one to pour gasoline on fire, as this set off a rapid conversation among the rest of the class. Chloe held my hand in support as I stared bitterly at the scene in front of me.

"Just shut the hell up, Lie-la."

Kagami's voice seethed with venom. "I'm sick of your lies. If you would just shut up for a second, this headache I have would go away." she said. Lila gasped in shock. The class followed.

"Or even better, why don't you get lost?" I hissed out, fed up. Lila suddenly ducked her head, then slowly raising it, her eyes dripping with tears. Her hand shook, as if she was scared out of her mind.

"Oh, cry me a river, and drown in it." Chloe spit out.

Honestly, I was impressed.

Lila could have pursued a career in acting and make it to the Top 10.

"I-i was just worried about you, Marinette. Why are you bullying me?" she asked, voice shaky as Alix and Juleka rushed to her aid. "Why do you have to be so mean, Marinette?" shouted Alix, clutching the sobbing Lila.

"Yeah, she was just worried about you." Juleka murmured softly.

But I was at my wit's end.

"Well, why don't you just speak louder, Juleka?!" I screamed. "And you-" I pointed to Alix. "Why don't you just win a sports competition on your own instead of hiding behind the accomplishments of your bastard of a boyfriend?"

Juleka looked hurt. So did Alix.

But I didn't care. Not anymore.

Silence filled the halls of the hotel, as passersby stopped and stared at the commotion. The receptionist had a phone in her hand, seemingly ready to call security. I panted as Lila's sobs reduced to hiccups, fear in her eyes.

I scoffed at the silence.

I reached into my bag, grabbing a letter and walking towards Ms. Bustier, just to shove it softly into her hands. I especially had made Bruce write it and sign it for me after I explained my situation to him.

It was a letter granting us permission to stay at Wayne Manor until the trip was over. There was also a clause Bruce had added, something about him taking responsibility in case something were to happen to us.

I walked back to where my friends were standing, surprised. "Guys, go get your luggage from your rooms and meet me outside. I'll explain later." I said, trying to calm my anger. "But Mari-" "Trust me." I said, cutting off Chloe, as she looked me in the eye and nodded.

The others walked into the hotel and up the elevator, Alya promising to bring back my luggage too. I stood in the corner, tapping my foot impatiently as I waited for them to get back.

"Marinette." Ms. Bustier called out, catching my attention. I saw that she had the letter open wide, like she had just finished reading it. "Be safe, especially at night. Gotham is dangerous." she warned, smiling. "Thank you, miss." I replied.

The silence was deafening.

I decided to wait outside.

"I'll wait outside then, Ms. Bustier." I said, as she nodded her head in approval. In the corner of my eye, I saw Lila snatch the letter and read it with Alix and Juleka by her side, gasping. Ignoring her, I walk towards the door.

"You're going to regret this, Marinette." warned Lila, glaring at me. "You shouldn't do this, Mari. We're your friends." let out Rose, pissing me off to no extent. "You're making a huge mistake." Lila warned again.

I scoffed.

"The only mistake I made was thinking I could trust you all."

And then I left them in the dust.

.......

It took them barely 15 minutes to pack up.

By the time Luka and Kagami, the first to come, reached, I knew that all they had done was shove their things messily in the suitcase and run outside. Adrien followed behind them, somehow tugging his luggage along with mine.

Alya and Chloe weren't much far behind.

"Mari, what's going on?" asks Alya, breaking the ice. I sighed. "Guys, I know you don't get anything that's happening, but please trust me. I'll explain on the way." I say. The others stare at me in confusion.

"On the way to where?" asks Luka.

Ahh, I knew he was the only sensible one here.

"Wayne Manor." I say, cut off with shrill screams from Alya and Chloe. "Wayne Manor? As in the Batman's legendary hideout? HOLY SHIT!" whisper-shouted Chloe, then looking around hurriedly to see if anyone heard her.

No one did.

"Let's go?" I asked, confused. "Let's go." Luka replied back, making all my nervousness go away . I could always count on Luka to make me relaxed. And maybe that was the reason I fell for him, but that's all in the past.

I pulled out Damian's car keys, pressing the button to switch on the car. "Come on, guys." The sleek black car opened up, doors going up, as Nino and Adrien stared at the car in a mixture of amusement and horror.

"I-is that a-"

"Yes, Nino. Of course it is."

"But it costs like-"

"Obviously, it's expensive."

Adrien and Nino's conversation went something like this. Nino gaped at the car as he tried to understand why the hell I had something like this, while Adrien kept cutting him off, deadpanning with every answer.

"I borrowed it." I said, feeling like I had to justify myself. "Now get in, so I can explain everything to you. Unless you'd rather gape at the car than ride it." That sentence of mine was enough to send Nino barreling into the car's backseat.

And somehow, the seven of us fit into the car.

Luka sat beside me, and I know he knew something was up. "Buckle up. And let's go on a ride." I said, starting the car, and speeding up the road, ultimately leaving dust behind. For real this time.

"Marinette." Chloe called out before I could start explaining anything. "That guy yesterday, he's the friend right? Jason." she stated in a questioning tone. "Yeah." I sighed out.

"What friend? Mari, what's going on?" Alya asked, as Kagami looked worried. Oh, right. They didn't know. Chloe was the only one here who knew, about my panic attacks, about my past and about... Jason.

The only reason she knew was because she'd found me one day, struggling to breathe, and helped me out. And I told her. I cried my heart out on her shoulder, telling her all about my life, stripping myself until I was vulnerable.

That was precisely the reason why Chloe became my friend.

Whether out of pity or not, she was there for me.

"Jason Todd. My childhood friend." I let out bitterly. "You got his name." Chloe said, smiling at me. "Of course." I replied. The first thing I did after getting in that damn car, was ask him his name.

Alya looked at me confused. Once I looked back into her eyes, I just knew I had to tell them the truth. So I did. I told them about my mom, about meeting Jason, how he disappeared, how I was shipped to Paris.

All until meeting him again yesterday.

By the time I had finished, the car was silent. I couldn't even look at their faces; I had to keep my eyes on the road. On my side, Luka held my hand, giving me an 'it's okay' look as I smiled back.

"I'm dissapointed." Alya stated, making me stiffen up. "I'm dissapointed you didn't tell me, Marinette, but I know you had your reasons. Don't ever think we would abandon you for such a flimsy reason." she said again.

I was stupefied.

I knew that none of them would leave because of this, or at least, I hoped. But hearing it come out from her mouth, it made me feel content. "Thank you, Alya. Thank you all, really." I say, smiling at them through the mirror.

And for once, I was looking forward to the future.

.......

[Q.] Why can Lila manipulate people so easily?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 3.1K 20
Ladybug and Chat Noir captures Hawkmoth and brings him to the police, in the process they find out his identity. Something in Chat Noir breaks and he...
87K 3.1K 25
After the events of Paris, the happy couple wants to experience some peace and normality in Gotham. With the class scheduled to leave for several mon...
132K 3K 12
Just another Daminette... Alright so most Daminette happens when Marinette wins a class field trip to Gotham so to switch it up Damian is an exchange...
101K 2.7K 23
Marinette is Damian's twin sister. She is younger than him by 20 minutes. When Deathstroke attacked the league, her and Damian were sent to Bruce Way...