Three Things About Me | Ongoi...

By katiesreadz

Lilianna Grace Welt is a sweetheart. She has had a rough past, making her seem closed off, but in reality whe... More

Dedications
Charecter Aesthetics & Author's Note
Prologue
1. Chocolate Chips, Midnight Drives, & His Sweater
2. Lazy Sundays, The Pancake Dilemma, & Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Fictional Characters, Football Practice, & My Girl
4. Mental Debates, Parties, & Pinky Promises
5. One Of The Lucky Ones, Outfit Dilemmas, & A Gentleman
6. Stadium Lights, Football Quarters, & Winning It For You
7. The Touchdown, Friday Nights, & High School Parties
9. Bookstores, Annotated Books, & The Park
10. Rumors, Jealousy, & The Question
11. The Letter, The Memories, & The Love
12. Tears, A Genuine Smile, & Love Letters
13. Dress Shopping, Mother-Daughter Moments, & Because Of Him
14. First Kisses, Winning, & Loosing The Homecoming Game
15. Homecoming, Him, & The Truth
16. Carnival Nights, Fall, & The Plot Twist
17. Betrayal, Lies, & A Traitor
18. Here For You, Fallen Tears, & An Invisible Halo
19. Innocence, Seventeen Candles, & "Happy Birthday, Baby!"
20. Saturday Studying, Sweet Kisses, & A Surprise That Could Hurt You

8. Morning Cuddles, Society, & Its' Pereception Of Beauty

7.1K 140 168
By katiesreadz

I wake up with Cole's large hands around my slim waist and my face buried in his chest. My white sheets and blush colored comforter are pulled over the both of us as we lay in the middle of my queen sized bed. I realize Cole is still asleep, so I take a moment to look at his mesmerising features up close, still cradled into his embrace.

His naturally long eyelashes are a pair any girl would die for, and he has jaw-dropping cheekbones with a perfect jawline. I look up towards his messy, ruffled, fluffy, brown hair that is scattered all over his forehead. Without much thought, I take my hand and brush a piece of his gorgeous locks off his forehead and his eyes flutter open.

"Hi."

"Hi, darling," he says with his raspy morning voice.

Well damn, that was kind of hot. Wait, what?

For I don't  know how long, we just lay there, in my bed, wrapped up in my bedding, cuddled into each other's arms, with smiles on our faces. At a certain point, Cole must have registered where he was, and what happened last night.

"Good morning, Lil," he says, kissing my forehead and sitting up in my bed.

"Morning," I reply as he leans back, so his head is against my headboard and I can tell even though he just woke up, his mind is swarming with thoughts. Probably thinking about last night, considering I ended up puking my guts out in some football player's bathroom. I shake away the memory and sit up too.

I reach for my phone that is charging on my nightstand. Cole must've plugged it in when I wasn't looking. Grabbing my phone, I look at the several notifications I have received since my phone was plugged in last night, the most recent being thirty-seven minutes ago from my mother. I unlock my phone to see what she sent me.

Mom: Attachment: 1 Image

I tap the image to see a photo of me and Cole sleeping in my bed snuggled up to each other. The covers are pulled up over my chest and my long brown hair is flipped over my shoulder, covering my cami tank, making it look as if I am wearing nothing. Cole is facing me and his hair is tousled all over one of my pillows, while his arms are holding my waist. He is also shirtless, making it seem like we did something rather intimate, which we definitely did not do.

Mom: Aww! Look at you two! Did Cole finally make a move? Took him long enough. Whatever he did, must've been good enough to get you in bed, huh? HA! Seriously though, I couldn't be happier you two are a couple. Yay! I have been waiting for this day forever.

Oh. My. Goodnes. She thinks we? Oh hell no. No. No. No. My cheeks must've heated up from embarrassment because Cole asks, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

As I am at a loss for words, I hand him my phone so he can see the picture my mother took of us, and the message she wrote to go with it. He quickly scams through the messages and starts bursting into a fit of laughter. Is he crazy? This is so utterly humiliating and he is laughing?

"That," he says handing me back my phone, "is hilarious."

"What are you a psychopath? My mother thinks we screwed and you're laughing?!" I exclaim

"Well we didn't, now did we?"

"No."

"So then it's okay to laugh about it, Lil. If we actually did, then that would be insanely embarrassing, but we didn't so it's alright. Okay?" he says, raking a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I say with a sigh. "But my Mom thinks we're dating! She probably already told your parents we were a couple," I point out and he starts laughing again. "What?" I ask.

"Well, now we know if I ever want to marry you, I have your mothers blessing," he points out, with a goofy smile plastered on his face. I just push his shoulder at his ridiculous comment.

Like we are ever getting married. HA!

"I'm going to go make breakfast," Cole says looking at me, and I practically flinch at his statement.

I know he is going to make sure I start eating more, and keep my food down now that he knows I haven't been eating. Which is why I didn't tell him in the first place, because I don't need to worry him more than I already do. I don't need him protecting me, or at least I like to think I don't need him to protect me. I know damn well if it weren't for him, I most likely wouldn't still be here today.

I nod my head and he exits my bedroom. I look back down at my phone to respond to my mother.

Me: Mom, me and Colson are not a couple. And we definitely did not sleep together. We were tired after the party, so I let him crash here.

I press send, not telling her the real reason why Colson slept in my bed. Because really, how do you explain to your mother you threw up in the bathroom at a party because you have an eating disorder, so you scared the shit out of your best friend and needed him to comfort you, and that is why he slept next to you in your bed? I get dragged out of my thoughts when my phone buzzes with a message from my mom.

Mom: Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. Just want to let you know I am at the elementary school, I need to do something for the Superendientent. I should be home later, just know I won't be mad if I get home and you both are being affectionate.

Me: MOM!! We are just friends. JUST FRIENDS!!

Mom: Lily and Cole sitting in a tree...

Me: Friends, that's all.

Mom: I've seen that boy almost snap his neck because he heard your laugh and wanted to see why you were laughing.

Mom: But yes, keep telling yourself you're just friends.

*******

"So, the way I look at it, your career options are NFL player, actor, or a chef," I say walking into the kitchen when I smell the amazing aroma.
"I made eggs, bacon, and toast," Cole replies, "Oh, and of course, your toast is avocado toast, because I know you don't like regular toast."

A smile makes its way onto my face and a push my curtain bangs to the side, plopping down at the table. I can't look him in the eye because I might cry. I feel so bad. He made this big breakfast and I can't eat any of it. I look up to Cole who is across the table and see he is looking at me, the food on his plate untouched too.

"What?"

"Stop that," he replies.

"What do you mean?" I question

"Push the negative thoughts aside, Lily. You need to eat. I don't care how slow you eat, if we have to take baby steps we will."

"But, Cole-"

"No, you don't understand, do you?" he asks

"Understand what?"

"That there are people who care about you. I care about you. My family cares about you. Who you consider to be your family cares about you. There are people who wouldn't forgive themselves if something happened to you just because you didn't think you were pretty because you were looking at yourself through society's eyes," he pauses, "Lilianna if you can't do this for yourself, do it for me. Do it because I would lose part of my soul if I lost you. Hell, I would lose myself."

At this point, there are tears running down both of our cheeks and I bite my lip.

"Please eat, Lily," he says in a broken whisper.

"Colson I'm so ugly," I say, letting out a cry and he comes running to my chair to give me a hug.

"No, you're not. You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen. You have the most amazing personality and the biggest heart. You are gorgeous inside and out," he says as he grabs a paper napkin to dry my tears.

"You're only saying that because you feel obligated too," I accuse.

"That is not true. Lilianna Grace Welt, my pulchritudinous best friend, you are perfect just the way you are. I wouldn't change anything about you. I love your features, but more importantly, I love who you are as a person. Your morals, your heart, you. And society is fucked up if they tell you anything else. You are stunning, society just has a distorted perception of beauty."

With tears running down my face, I get out of my chair and wrap my arms around his neck, giving him a bear hug.

"Please eat, even just a little. I promise, I'll be here for you. Every second, every moment, I'm here for you," his whispers into my ear.

"Okay, I'll do it. Just for you."

author's note!

word count: 1,522

this chapter makes me want to cry. happier chapters coming later... or not...

what has been your favorite part of this story so far?

what is something you want to see in this story?

remember feedback on chapters and the story as a whole are always appreciated. till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.7K 36
Something hit the side of my laptop screen and fell onto the floor. It was a paper airplane. There was a message written inside. "You look pretty hot...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
21.7K 4.2K 33
Aria Matthews is in love with her best friend, Lucas Miller. It is the best kept secret since Area 51 and she knows she would take it to the grave. B...
3.6K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...