Beauty, Roses and Attitude (T...

By Daydreamwithme

Annabelle Marie De La Viviane. She’s beautiful and too wealthy for her own good. Anyone who lays their eyes o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 10

172 13 5
By Daydreamwithme

Before reading: For this chapter, I want you all to comment and vote and tell me what you think because I miss your feedbacks (I didn't get any on the last chapter :( ) I figured that you guys love drama so here you go.  

Chapter 10

Going back home feels dull.

In any other given day, I would’ve been jumping around in delight. I would’ve kissed the ground near the house and then I’d take a long rose bath, scrubbing myself clean. I would’ve strolled in at the front door, instead of using the back door. I would’ve thought “Why would I need to use the back door like a coward? It’s not like I’d do this again.” I shouldn’t be dreading to face Cole or Luis because I would never sneak out ever again…

But the thing is that I didn’t want to jump around, I didn’t feel like kissing the ground and I definitely didn’t want to take a bath to get rid of the memories I’ve gained from this trip. I didn’t want to go through the front door because I want to do this over and over again until I memorized the different colours of the shops, the playgrounds and the small quaint houses that littered the streets neatly.

I’m dreading stepping foot inside the house that I once viewed as paradise but now my prison.

After experiencing what it feels like to roam around the streets and seeing new faces, would anyone honestly think that I would go back to seclusion?

“Hurry up its getting dark.” Adam calls over his shoulder, his natural pace slightly faster than mine. I nod timidly while focusing on the ground covered will fallen leaves.

I really didn’t want to go back home.

“You need to exercise more, Belle.” My eyes snap over to his mischievous ones. “Says the one who was whining when the elevator didn’t work.” I shot back. He raises and eyebrow, bumping shoulders with me. “Well I wouldn’t have been whining if I didn’t carry all the food.” I shrug my shoulders, a ghost of a smirk playing on my lips.

“You offered to do so.” I tuck a fallen strand behind my ear. We were near, the house in view but not near enough to see the minor details. To the people unfamiliar to the path and to the town, it would look like an old and out of place mansion.

“Remember what I told you?” I nod meekly before going over what he told me back when we were staring at the start of the woods almost half an hour ago.

“Go through the same hole, wait and see if anyone is around and then make a mad dash to the back door.” I repeat carefully. We silently venture for five more minutes before the hole that we came from is insight, just how we left it. Now I’m truly wondering whether the paid security guards are actually doing their jobs right or not.

“After you.” He grins. I catch on to remembering that it’s exactly what he told me this morning when we were in the same position except that we were on the other side of the fence. My smile turns into a grin in a second.

“No way.” I play along with the same amount of stubbornness I had this morning. He laughs quietly, shrugging his shoulders and saying “Suit yourself then.” Just like how he did this morning.

We continue to joke around until both are bodies are now inside the fence and he is left to cover up the hole he’s dug up. It takes him a few minutes to do so and by the time he’s finished, it’s already dark.

“What would we say?” I ask him ass I lead the way this time. I hear him make a knowing ‘hmm’ sound before answering. “Well we have to first hope that we’re not going to get caught.” I murmur an “obviously” before letting him continue.

“And then we just wing it.” He finally says. I stop my tracks making him almost bump at me.

“We can’t just wing it.” I point out.

“Are you good with making stuff up?” He asks.

“Um…I guess?” I’m not that bad of a liar if that is what he’s implying.

“Then we should be fine.” Before I could process anything, he opens the back door to push myself in and then he closes the door slowly after him.  

“I hate you.” I mutter, walking slowly and attentively of my surroundings. “I find that hard to believe after today.” I could practically hear his smirk growing.

As I venture around the silky carpet that covered the marble floor, I hear something that I don’t every day.

“Sir, please calm down.” The desperation is evident in Luis’ voice and it’s near us. My eyes widen quickly, and I panic thinking that he’d catch the both of us soon. But then I realise that Luis is not the person to panic about but the owner of the bloodcurdling voice who answers.

“How do you lose a f*cking seventeen year old girl, Luis?! Everyone in this damn house is supposed to be looking after her!” The chills travel throughout my whole body and I slowly feel myself turning paler at the second.

“Who the hell is that?” Adam mutters from behind me.

“My father.”

I watch him from over my shoulder as his eyes slowly widen in disbelief and panic. “F*ck.”

“Think we can still wing it, Adam?” I fill my tone and voice with sarcasm and taunt. He sighs, running a hand over his chaotic mess of a hair. “Calm down, okay?” He mumbles.

“How can I calm down?! My father is just in the other room, thinking that I’m missing!” I whisper-shriek. He quickly looks around before pulling me with him to a room near us. It’s empty. After locking the door he faces me.

“Belle, calm down. We can figure this out, okay?” Adam softly says, sitting me down on a wooden chair.

“God, I’m so stupid.” I exhale, bringing my hands to my temples. “I shouldn’t have came with you. I should’ve known that he was visiting today. I should’ve-I-I should’ve…” Adam cuts me off with a tight hug. I immediately tense up but relax after five seconds in on the hug.

“I’m good as dead.” I mutter. My hands are limp to my sides and I don’t bother to hug back, too stressed out with what’s happening,

“No you are not going to die. We are going to explain ourselves.” He says and I push him back.

“You don’t understand. My father is a cruel man.” I nearly shout, tears brewing already. Adam doesn’t know a thing about my father.

All those posters, commercials and interviews that my father would constantly have are of his plastic side. In reality, he’s a ruthless man. He won’t take no for an answer and he won’t definitely bat an eye if he does decide to kill me. At this point in my life, I actually don’t know if he will kill me or not.

“I’ll go out first to expla-“I immediately cut him off. I stand up with terrified eyes. “No, Adam. You- you need to get out of here.” I say firmly. I won’t let my…only friend meet my father like this. Hell, I wouldn’t let them meet my father at all even if he’s in the calmness of state.

“Belle, no.”

“You don’t understand. You need to get out of this house while you still can. I’ll explain to my father that I wanted to go out by myself and I’ll face the consequences.” I state inflexibly. He opens his mouth to say something but I push him to the door and I don’t stop until we’re in front of it. I try to open it but he moves to block the way.

“Get out.”

“No”

“I said get out, Adam.” I sneer.

“I won’t let you face your dad alone when it’s my fault in the first place.”

“For f*cks sake I don’t need your help, okay?! Just go!” I give him a glare that I hope is good enough to get him to leave.

“No, Belle. I won’t leave you.” His stubbornness irks me and I slap his chest which brings him to a shock. “Don’t be stubborn, Adam. Just get the hell out.”

“I am not going to leave you to face him all alone, Belle. Not after what we did today.” He softly says this time.

“What if I was just pretending today? What if I didn’t even enjoy one last bit of anything we did?” I don’t budge and on the exterior, I probably look like a b*tch but inside…oh it’s different. Way different.

“I find that hard to believe.” He repeats the phrase he said to me just a few minutes ago but it felt like it was hours ago.

“I didn’t have fun today.” I lie through my teeth.

“Really now?” He challenges.

“You irritate me.” That was half true.

“And so?” He takes a step towards me while I stand still.

“I think you’re an asshole.”

“I know.” He smirks and at this point we were so close to each other that our noses are almost touching.  

“You’re my only friend…”

His eyes soften and before he could say something, I say

“That’s why you’ve got to go.”

He attacks me back. “I’m your only friend and that’s why I’ve got to stay.” He whispers, his hot breath fanning me.

The situation is getting too intimate for my liking and yet I stand still even when I see that he’s starting to lean towards me even more and to the point that our noses are touching.

“Adam…” I warn him.

“Belle…” He mutters his intense gaze on my eyes before slowly travelling down to my plump lips. I look at his desire filled eyes thinking if my eyes look like that right now.

But remembering that we’re in the middle of a bigger situation, I place a hand on his chest to push him away but not before I felt his increasing heart rate through his chest and his thin shirt.

“We can’t.” I mumble, stepping away from him.

“If you’re not going to go then at least just stay in this room until I return.” I say not quite looking at his eyes.

He’s too stunned to move so I take this opportunity to slip away and turn to go and exit the tense filled room.

What just happened?

Still in a slight trance, I push myself to go to the room that’s filled with angry shouts from my father.

I open the door and the shouting gradually stopped.

“Hello, father.”

Author’s Note

#firstdramachapterofthebook

Being a writer is so hard to be honest. Like you want your characters to be together and like do cute things together but then you’re like ‘no that’s too fast’ and you gotta have a lot of self-control because you just want them to make out but then you’re like ‘naah can’t do that.’ And I just want to punch something.

Literally this was me when I was writing the chapter:

-Writing scene-

Me: Hoe don’t do it

-Writes something that made my heart skip a beat-

Me: F*ck.

Anyway, Y’all know that something is about to go down when my sentences start being short af.

I’m so done with myself. You know whenever someone says ‘Whatchu doing?’ and you gotta lie your ass off cos you can’t exactly say that you’re writing a fictional relationship.

OOOO another person messaged me the other day!

Go check out @Unicorns0nRun52 I see her around in my books and she’s lovely xxx

Stay pretty my daydreamers! Unless you’re a dude! Then stay handsome!

Vote

Comment

Love you xxx

: )       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...