ME AND HIM ✔️

By blynnsmidt

Have you ever heard the saying, "One night can change everything"? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't. In some... More

Introduction
Pt.1
Pt.2
Pt.3
Pt.4
Pt.5
Pt.6
Pt.7
Pt.8
Pt. 9
Pt.10
Pt.11
Pt.12
Pt.13
Pt.14
Pt.15
Pt.16
Pt. 17
Pt. 18
Pt. 19
Pt.20
Pt.21
Pt.22
Pt.23
Pt.24
Pt.26
Pt.27
Pt.28
Pt.29
Pt.30
Pt.31
Pt.32
Pt.33
Pt.34
Pt.35
Pt.36
Pt.37
Pt.38
Pt.39
Pt. 40
Pt.41
Pt.42
Pt.43
Pt.44
Pt. 45
Pt. 46
Pt.47
Pt.48
Pt.49
Pt.50
Pt.51
Pt.52
Pt.53
Pt.54
Pt.55
pt.56
pt. 57
Epilogue
A/N
Is this the end ?
NEW BOOK

Pt.25

2K 37 14
By blynnsmidt

Rue's POV

I WAKE UP to myself being alone in bed, but one side of the bed had ruffled sheets, signaling I wasn't completely alone last night. Yesterday was really rough for me, but now, I guess I'm doing a little better. The pain meds made me really tired, but I had this, this dream that messed with my head. I can't stop thinking about it. There was this beautiful woman who had beautiful dirty blonde locks, and crystal blue eyes. In my dream, the woman was pregnant and was standing in a nursery watching the sun set. But then loud noises, mixture of 'bangs' and gunshots were erupting through the air. That's when I woe up and realized I was alone. Again.

I look to my right, to see an alarm clock that reads '6:50 am'. It seems like I only got 3 hours of sleep.

Perfect.

I get up and walk over to the bathroom. As I open the door, it is only then, that I realize the shower is on and someone's in it. But that's not what made me walk right out of there. It was the blood soaked clothes that were laying on the floor, letting the eggshell white carpet get dirty.

What the actual fuck. As soon as That happened, I shut the door, letting it make a slamming sound. And then I ran.

I'm not being dramatic, the bathroom looks like a murder house, of course I'm gonna run like hell.

I get to my room and slam the door shut.
Soon after, I here my name being called, and footsteps getting louder.

"Rue. Rue, it's ok, let me explain. Just open the door." Nadine was talking quietly and quickly, like he didn't want anyone else to hear except for me. The whole house was quiet with everyone sleeping.

"Are you gonna murder me?" I was dead serious. If you think about it, everyone holds your life in their hands. They have the option to kill you whenever and wherever they want. But you also have that power.

"Why would I murder you." It sounded like a statement more than a question. Why would he murder me? I haven't done anything, I mean- unless you count the time I accidentally saw him jerking off a few hours after we had first met. But it was an accident!

"I don't know." I answer truthfully.

"Exactly, so open the door so that we can talk."

I'm still not sure. Just because I haven't done anything, doesn't mean he doesn't want to kill me. This situation is really messing with my brain.

Fuck it.

I unlock the door, and slowly turn the doorknob, letting it crack open just enough to wear I can see Nadine's chest. I follow my gaze all the way up until I meet his eyes.

"Can I please come in?" Nadine has a towel wrapped around his waist hanging dangerously low. His v-line is showing, and his wet, tattooed skin look like it's glowing.

"Do you have clothes on under that towel?" I ask. Nadine let's out a soft chuckle.

"Do you want me to have clothes on under this?" Now that, that was a real question. And now, now I needed a real answer, because right now, I was about drooling over the sight of him.

"Just come in" I open the door a little wider and watch as he steps into the dimly lit room. The sun was about to rise, and since I was awake this early, I figured I would watch it, but now I have to sit here and talk. With him.

"Listen, what you saw, it isn't what it looks like." He says. Huh? Was I hearing that right? Did he just say 'it isn't what it looks like'? There was blood everywhere, and the carpet, the clothes? What do you mean this isn't what it looks like?

"What the hell do you mean?" I look up at him to see him already staring down,"There was blood everywhere. What did you do? Kill a man," I laugh at the the thought, but when I hear no noise coming from Nadine, my laughter quickly subsided. "Did you- you didn't-"

"I did" Nadine's eyes turned dark from his usual crystal blue. This time, they looked like a dark grey. Maybe it was because of the room setting, or maybe because he had murder on his mind.

'I got murder on my mind'

Stop it Rue. Get it to together.

"Who?" I might let this one slide if this mystery person deserved it, but if it was just for fun- we're gonna have some problems. I really don't belong in this life style.

"It was the guy that gave you these." His hand brushes up against my neck and shoulder causing butterflies to flutter in my stomach. "Trust me. He deserved it."

I guess he did, but he probably deserved it a long time ago. Just imagine how many women or men he's put his hands on.

Eh, it doesn't matter, it's taken care of now, but that still doesn't change my mindset of the scene I saw in the bathroom.

"Beep beep beep be-"

"Looks like it's time to take my medicine" I laugh off. I grab my bag off the night stand, and started digging through it.
I, I can't find it.

Where's my medicine? Fuck. When was the last time I took it? Shit, fuck, what the hell-

"If your looking for your medicine, I had set it on my nightstand so that you could take it when you woke up." I look to my right, to see Nadine talking. To me.
"But then you ran out of the room like a crazy person" he laughs.

"Thanks for your consideration." I say sarcastically. "Will you go get it for me? And maybe, put some clothes on while your at it." I laugh.

He just smiles in return and leaves the room without a second word.

Nadine wasn't so bad. I guess you just have to catch him at his moments. His ego is just too big to show other people he cares.

"Here," Nadine was now wearing grey sweat pants, but no shirt. For some reason I just wanted trace all of his tattoos, one by one.

He hands me a glass of water and two pills.
"Thank you," I drink some water, then swallow the pills. I wash the pills down with more water then set it on the nightstand.

"How did you sleep?" Nadine asks, sitting beside me.  Not good. I was uncomfortable and cold last night. Plus the fact that I didn't get much sleep.

"It was good." Even if you weren't there. Even though he lied to me. Again. He said he wouldn't leave. I don't care if it was to 'avenge' me. What if something happened while he was gone, what if I had a heart attack in my sleep and he wasn't here to help me. Anything could happen. "You left me again" I look at him waiting for an answer.

"I know." he stares at me in awe, at least I hope so. His eyes were back to his beautiful blue, and he seemed more calm. "It was for a good reason though," he rubs my arm a little.

"Did he hurt you?" I don't know why, but I was suddenly concerned about him.

"No, he didn't get the chance."

What does that mean?

"But enough talking about this, you should get dressed, we're gonna be meeting up with Ivan today."

"Okay-" wait- what?!  "Wait, why are we meeting up with, with him?! His man tried to kill me." I slightly yell.

"I know, but Ivan didn't tell him to, plus, we have business arrangements with him."

I thought we were at war with him? What the hell is going on.

I shake my head and let out a sarcastic laugh. "I don't mean to be that person. But it sure does feel like you're putting them above us."

"Rue-"

"Does he have my parents?" I was so lost in this whole thing that I had forgot the real reason we came here. It was so we could fine the council, our parents.

My parents.

"I don't know yet. That's why I'm trying to get close with him again. Then maybe, this whole thing will be over and we can go back to NYC and live happily ever after." Nadine smiles, but I can tell it's forced. What a bummer. He really does have a pretty smile.

"Ok, I should probably go take a shower." I smile and head off. I have a feeling, this day isn't going to go as planned.

———

Tell me a little about yourselves, like what's y'all's sexuality (if you don't mind me asking) what are y'all's pronouns? Tell me anything. This is a safe place for your deepest and inner most secrets 🥲

-Brooke♥️ 9/6/2021
Don't forget to comment and vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 28.9K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
960K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
160K 4.5K 23
"I have a goddess in front of me, it'd be a crime not to worship her." He whispered in my ear. His lips and hands met my skin anywhere they could. Hi...
1.3M 56.1K 57
Fair warning- Major plot holes and rushed writing - "Is this for me or him?" He spoke as he traced the waistband of her soft pink lace thong. "Neith...