Ephemeral [Rosinante|Corazon...

By Nielith

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ. You wish to stay with him, but will he want it after he hears abou... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen

Nine

1K 52 10
By Nielith

The green eyes widen and he steps closer to you, reaching for your face. You startle and hit his arm, Rosinante stands in his way.

-Don't touch her. -he hisses and pulls out his gun, aiming it at the Warlord.

-Bold of you to assume I don't have enough Haki to protect myself, even without a weapon. -says the black-haired man calmly. You start shaking under the weight of his gaze that hasn't changed a bit in the last nine years.

-Bold of you to assume I can't use Haki. -answers Rosinante, locking the pistol.

Mihawk lifts his hands to the air but he isn't afraid. His eyes are still resting on your face, you fight to have enough air.

-I won't attack you, but if you take a hostile step, you are dead. -he says to the blonde who grits his teeth.

Neither of you is weak, but he is on another level.

-[Y/N], I have to talk with you.

-I have nothing to talk with you about. -you answer silently and the blonde looks at you worriedly. You take his hand and shake your head a bit so he lowers his weapon. The world feels lighter when you turn around.

Mihawk doesn't say a word as the two of you go to the barrier of the ship, but then he talks and the time almost freezes around you.

-Your father found the serum that can complete his plan with you.

Rosinante stops and you feel his grip tightening around your fingers. Your eyes widen, endless hollow opens in your heart.

I don't have time.

I don't have any time.

You start trembling and fall back a little. Corazon frowns for a second before he crouches opposite you and gives a sweet kiss on your forehead.

-[Y/N], you have to stay with me. -he whispers, stroking your face. -It's okay.

-It's not okay. -steps Mihawk closer.

Rosinante throws a so angry gaze at him that even the Warlord shuts up. Then he turns back to you and places your left hand over his chest.

Your thoughts orbit like crazy, but you manage to calm down as he tells you to regulate your breath, following his. The wide chest moving up and down, you slowly regain consciousness.

The only one in the world who can help you.

-So she still has surges. -whispers Mihawk and your hand twitches.

-You left me. -you say, turning to him. -I told you... everything about me! About my past. Those two years were all when I received care in my life until meeting this man, and you left me without saying goodbye. You went to the HQ and never came back again.

As Rosinante hears it a slow tear leaves his eye.

-I did it to protect you. -answers Mihawk calmly.

You hate him for staying calm. You hate yourself for hating him.

You just hate that he seems so emotionless all the time, while his help meant your life back then.

-You have to listen to me! -he shouts suddenly and you throw away all your feelings as the mist of your mind appears.

-I don't have to. -you growl and catch the barrier to jump down, but-

-We should listen to him, [Y/N]. -says Rosinante. You look in the deep amber eyes and shiver.

Eyes you can't say no to.

Not like it matters what he wants to say.

-Be quick. -you look at Mihawk. A slight smile of relief spreads on his lips for a second.

-Let's leave this ship first.

.

.

.

(...)

An hour later, by the side of the forest

Rosinante's side

-Do you think she will forgive me? -asks Mihawk, looking at the young woman's back. She is sitting by the coast, silently watching the horizon where the sea meets the sky.

-I'm not sure. -whispers Rosi. -Maybe after she healed.

-She's too broken to heal.

-Nobody is too broken to heal with enough time and help.

-An idealist, aren't you?

-I must be. -smiles the blonde slightly, lighting up a cigarette.

What can be worth in this life if not believing in someone?

-You're burning.

-Often.

Mihawk sighs and sways a knife in the air to create some wind that can put out the fire.

-I want to know her past. -says Rosinante silently.

-She seemed to be attached to you, yet she didn't tell you? -scowls the Warlord.

-I didn't want to make her remember. Especially after these surges appeared. They are caused by memories.

Mihawk looks into the other man's eyes, but he stands the famous gaze.

-I know she is the daughter of Vegapunk, and the CP0 tortured her. Forced her to do kill too, I assume. -says the blonde.

But if I want to understand her, I must know more.

-I took her in from their ship after she murdered the crew in her pain. -answers the black-haired man, never losing the disturbing peace of his face. -She was only nine, I was nineteen. I was on my journey to find worthy opponents in the seas, but I stopped for her. Never felt responsible for anyone before, but she was so vulnerable and so strong at the same time. Imagine what strength would she have if nothing of that happened to her.

-I don't care what could be different in her, just love her the way she is now. -answers Rosinante with a sad smile.

Mihawk surprisingly smiles back at him before turning serious again.

-I don't want to talk much about her past neither. -he sighs. -Vegapunk's dream about growing humans turned out to be possible, but she paid the price. Experiments on her body, on her mind, on her Devil Fruit to the point she didn't even feel like a human. They put her to the rack, trying to find a way to make it work.

-Did they ever try to give her love instead?

-Her father was angry with her because she couldn't live up to his expectations. The CP0 was just the last step. They forced her to murder and fight for morals she didn't even understand because trauma made her reactions and powers stronger. When I found her, she was enough on the edge to kill everyone on her ship. After I took her away, she rarely let me go. A child, growing up without knowing care. I'm not the man of feelings, but I tried to be there. And she nestled to my arm, hugged my leg while sailing, only could sleep next to me.

-She must have been sweet.

-Deadly annoying. -growls Mihawk, rolling his eyes. But then his features grow soft. -Although I cared for her and wanted to protect her. So I took her to a safe home and stayed as much as I could while having my travels. [Y/N] even shared her past with me, as much as she was able to. I'm sure it wasn't all and it terrified me. I was never frightened before and since, thought this child will never learn how to be whole. But still, she started asking questions, smiling and laughing as days went by.

-She started healing and you abandoned her. -hisses Rosinante. -No wonder she's so scared of connections!

-I received an invitation to become a Warlord and I accepted it. -he answers, the yellow eyes burning. -I believed she'll be safe this way.

-She may be able to forgive you, but I'm not sure I can. -says Rosinante. -Even if I understand.

You could have done something for her. Anything.

-I said my apology and explained it to her. Now, all I can do is wait. -sighs the Warlord, looking at her by the sea. -I will help [Y/N] escape from this place and hide her before the Government finds her. Not just for her, but everyone. We can't let them have an unlimited army, especially with her getting hurt. She mustn't get that serum.

-Her life is her decision, stop talking about taking her away, just like this. -growls Rosinante. -[Y/N] refuses to leave this island and I'm sure she has a good reason. But it's just for a few days. The CP0 won't find her so soon if we act cleverly.

-What do you want from me, Rosinante? -leans closer to the swordsman, the black blade gleams on his back in the sunshine.

You really have the eyes of a hawk.

Corazon takes a deep breath and tries to make a smile on his face.

-I want you to meet my brother.

.

.

.

Reader's POV

I understand now, but it still hurts.

He became a Warlord for me, but they sent him with the CP0 to find a missing child for the government.

Thinking about it, logical choice. He doesn't care and know about the things of the government, strong enough to kill me if needed.

And when Mihawk realized that it's me they are looking for, he didn't dare to come home.

But still.

Why did it happen like this?

And the serum.

He offered his help to find me after my father succeeds, this is how he got here. Following traces of me around the world. A girl who fought with wood and grew flowers from the stones.

You bury your face to your knees, but you stopped crying like half an hour after coming here, leaving the two men alone.

Why is this happening to me?

Being around Mihawk was too painful. The first who you could love, who cared about you.

Knowing the truth doesn't make the void he left better.

But I'll stop thinking about it. Because right now, I have more important things to focus on.

I have Rosinante.

And I know what I have to do.

The first have to that I chose by myself, even if I was forced to this decision.

You take a deep breath and pull out the Dendenmushi from your pocket. You got it back secretly in the ship.

You dial and it gets picked up in a second.

-What the fuck happened?! -shouts Doflamingo angrily and your fist clenches.

-Everything is fine. I knew him.

-You have freaking strange connections, [Y/N]. -growls the man.

-Move the deal to tomorrow evening.

-What?

-Tomorrow evening. I want to close it and be free.

He remains silent for a second.

-You know I won't trick you. I will be at that field you left me, alone.

-I thought you need this week.

-You care?

-Never. -he smirks. -So your father found a solution to his little problem, I suppose.

-Don't play around, Doflamingo. Tomorrow evening, you close our deal.

-[Y/N].

-What?

-Don't let him see it. -he says silently, with an almost quavering voice. It makes your blood run cold.

And he ends the call before you could answer.

I know.

.

.

.

-How are you? -sounds a gentle voice from your back and you hide the Dendenmushi.

You turn around and smile a little when he sits next to you and presses his painted lips to your temple. When you look to the forest, you lour, but crawl closer to his warm body so he can embrace you.

Rosinante scowls and wipes off a tear you couldn't stop in time.

-Where is Mihawk?

-Had something important to do. But he won't abandon you again, [Y/N].

You don't ask back, just cup his face and look into those beautiful eyes of his.

I'm sorry.

-And I have important things to say. -you whisper and kiss him tenderly. -Firstly, we have one day on this island now, together. No surprises, no surges, nothing else than us. I will be real as you wanted me to be, then close the deal with your brother.

He smiles sweetly and your heart warms.

-Secondly?

Your lips open against his mouth as you whisper the answer to him.

-I love you.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 7.5K 78
Being the Heir of Donquixote Doflamingo, your life feels like it's being controlled. You fight your way to obtain your freedom but of course.. everyt...
248K 12.3K 50
๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ? I wrote this book to give Doffy a real heart. Doflamingo captured you, just when you almost fou...
2.9K 74 9
๐–ฎ๐—‡๐–พ ๐–ฏ๐—‚๐–พ๐–ผ๐–พ ๐–ป๐–พ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—€๐—Œ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ค๐—‚๐—‚๐–ผ๐—๐—‚๐—‹๐—ˆ ๐–ฎ๐–ฝ๐–บ, ๐–ผ๐—‹๐–พ๐–บ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ฎ๐—‡๐–พ ๐–ฏ๐—‚๐–พ๐–ผ๐–พ. โš ๏ธŽRead to understandโš ๏ธŽ Multi-Shippings with Bo...
5.4K 286 13
You've been with your boyfriend, Trafalgar Law, for two peaceful years. Med school is going well for him and your writing is doing great, despite you...