BAD HABITS || OUTER BANKS

By allthevibez

She was raised to be the perfect daughter. The kind of girl who other girls were jealous of and that boys wan... More

Bad Habits
[Undergoing Editing again]
01: she's a kook ✩
02: grow up ✩
03: mouse genocide ✩
04: Milwaukee beverage ✩
05: spoiled brat ✩
06: fried Sarah ✩
07: never bailing ✩
08: virgin glory ✩
09: anytime princess ✩
10: free beer ✩
11: a summer movie ✩
12: natural born enemies ✩
13: a treasure hunt ✩
14: grand entrance ✩
15: powerpuff girls ✩
16: hawk's nest ✩
17: start of time ✩
18: lavender shampoo ✩
19: kook family ✩
20: masterminds ✩
21: hey kiara ✩
22: motion sensors ✩
23: golden sunrise ☆
24: broken memories ☆
25: crackhead wasteland ☆
26: cat's ass ☆
27: rhodes siblings ☆
28: forensic pathology ☆
29: runaway kook ☆
30: void pope ☆
31: mama's mad ☆
32: homeland invasion ☆
34: where's John b ☆
35: tropical depression ☆
sequel?

33: my boy ☆

10.7K 174 29
By allthevibez

"You're a good boy."

--☆--☆--☆--

When the pogues woke up inside the Wreck for a split second they were able to forget all the terrible things that happened to them. For that split second they could be happy. They were just a group of friends who had a sleepover in a restaurant, they weren't hiding from their parents or the cops, for that split second they were just teenagers.

Of course reality had to hit them at some point. And all the things they had hoped to forget were once again filling their brains.

Emerson woke up with an ache in her neck either from the wooden bench she slept on or the uncomfortable position she was in when she woke up, either seemed like perfectly logical reasons. Soft groans could be heard from Pope as he too began to wake up. Emerson glanced in front of her seeing JJ standing by the door, keeping watch.

Pope stood up and walked over to him, a concerned look in his eyes. "He's pinched for sure man," JJ told him.

"No, they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope."

"You know we were in that car," Kiara said, making all eyes turn to look at her. "They're probably looking for us too."

"She's right," Emerson nodded. "We all need to be careful."

"Well if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope sighed. He walked over to the table picking up the keys to JJ's dirt bike.

"So we find him before they do?" JJ questioned, but Pope ignored him as he walked towards the door of the Wreck. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," He told the group.

"Hey, you be careful," Kiara told him, making him glance in her direction. "Okay?"

Pope didn't say anything, he just turned around to look at JJ and Emerson. "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." He then pushed the door open, walking out of the Wreck.

Emerson looked over at Kiara who let out a sigh before she followed Pope out the door. "Okay, what is your problem?" She called out, as she ran to catch up with Pope.

"No problem, Officer. I'm just doing my job." Emerson and JJ heard Pope say as they followed him and Kiara to the door.

He put the keys in the dirt bike just as Kiara caught up with him. "Look I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." She began to say but then Pope started revving the engine.

"What was that?" He asked then continued to rev the engine, making Kiara's words go unheard. "Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?"

"Pope, I'm being serious-" She told him, but he continued to ignore her. "I'm trying to talk to you!" She yelled but he drove off before she could say anything else. Kiara shook her head then turned around to start walking back to JJ and Emerson, the sound of a helicopter made the three of them look up.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asked.

"Trouble, definitely trouble," Emerson muttered under her breath.

"Whoever it is, they're probably looking for John B too," Kiara said as she walked up the stairs. She didn't say anything else as she walked back into the Wreck, leaving JJ and Emerson outside on the porch.

Emerson looked over at JJ, seeing the frozen look on his face. JJ was scared but he didn't want to admit it. Emerson put her hand on top of his, trying to make him feel better. JJ looked over at her and gave her a small smile as he held her hand.

"We'll find him," She told him. "We'll find him and he'll make it out of here."

"Yeah," JJ nodded, truly hoping that Emerson was right.

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--

"You sure he just wasn't being weird Pope?" JJ asked.

The pogues were now gathering supplies for John B's escape, while Kiara tried to explain Pope's odd behavior when he left that morning. Of course both JJ and Emerson already knew about Pope's feelings for Kiara, except neither of them expected him to admit them out loud.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," Kiara told him, as she grabbed some bread and handed it to JJ. "Is that enough food for them?" Kiara asked.

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need so..." JJ answered.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings," Kiara said, continuing the conversation about Pope.

"Look, don't beat yourself up too much," JJ said as he picked up the box of food and they walked to the back door of the Wreck. "He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope," Kiara announced. "At least I knew what to expect from him."

"Where have you been?" Kiara's Mom asked as she approached her daughter. None of the teenagers had heard her arrive and they were all shocked to find her standing there.

"Uh- I'm fine. I slept here," Kiara answered, while JJ and Emerson finished loading up her car. They didn't have the time to explain to Mrs. Carrera everything that's happened in the last 24 hours, they knew they needed to get out of there and quickly.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you," Mrs. Carrera told her.

"Would never be my mom," Emerson whispered to JJ, who gave her a concerned look but she gave him a smile saying she was trying to be okay with it.

"Were you even gonna tell us?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now," Kiara replied.

"All right," Mrs. Carrera looked over her shoulder at JJ and Emerson. "What the hell are you three up to?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Anna, we gotta go," JJ told her, completely avoiding her question.

"Sorry," Emerson apologized then JJ took her hand, leading the two of them to the other side of the car. Emerson opened the door to the front seat after giving JJ a sweet smile that convinced him to get into the back.

"No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not," She told the three teenagers. "Have you heard what's going on?"

"Mom, I'll explain later," Kiara assured her, as she made her way to the driver's seat.

"Have you seen the storm comin' in? This is not safe."

"Storm?" Emerson whispered as she looked back at JJ, but unfortunately he looked just as confused as she was.

"I'm sorry Mom. I have to go!" Kiara told her as she got into the car.

"These cops are armed, Kiara," Mrs. Carrera reminded her. "You'll get shot."

"I have to go!"

"I am not letting you do this!"

"Mom, John B needs me!" Kiara shouted at her mother.

"You need to stay here," Miss Anna told her.

"I understand. I'll be careful," Kiara told her as she closed the car door, locking it so her mom couldn't get it open. "Sorry!"

"Kiara! Open this door!" Mrs. Carrea yelled as she pressed her hand against the window of the car. "Stop it right now!"

"I'm sorry!" Kiara yelled then started the car.

"Right now, Kiara! This is not safe! Stop," Mrs. Carrera shouted as she tried to run after the car. "Stop!" She shouted but Kiara was already driving away.

"Kie..." Emerson looked at the girl beside her with worried eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it," Kiara said as she turned the wheel of her car.

"It's better this way," JJ announced from the backseat. "Your mom is safer if she doesn't know."

"JJ that doesn't really help," Kiara said, shaking her head at the blonde boy as she looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"I'm just saying the less she knows the better," He added, before holding his hands up in surrender.

"JJ," Emerson scolded softly but he just waved her off then leaned back in his seat.

Kiara just let out a sigh as she gripped the sides of the wheel. The rest of the car ride was silent. None of them knew what to say, these are extraordinary circumstances. It's not everyday that your best friend gets framed for murder. In a way they all took the car ride as a chance to process everything until Kiara eventually parked the car in front of JJ's house.

Emerson had only seen JJ's house once and that was after the Kegger, but that was before JJ was an actual person to her, he was just a pogue. Now he's JJ Maybank, her boyfriend and the boy she's falling in love with.

JJ wasn't really embarrassed of his house, it looked like all the ones around the Cut, but what he was embarrassed of was his father. The last thing JJ wanted was to end up like his dad. Luke Maybank was no treat to be around and being his son was hell for JJ, but he pushed through it. JJ took the beatings and listened to the harsh words Luke told him everyday, but he survived it.

"Home sweet home," JJ laughed awkwardly as he took off his hat.

Emerson turned around so she could face him. She saw what appeared to be fear in his eyes and she knew he didn't want to go in. The only reason he was doing it was because it's going to save John B. "Do you want me to come with you?" She asked.

JJ let out a sigh, he did want Emerson to come with him, but he was afraid of how his dad would act around her. "No, it's okay. This will only take a second," He told her.

Emerson shook her head then opened her car door at the same time as him. JJ gave her a look telling her to get back in the car but she didn't. "I'm coming with you," She said softly.

"Okay," JJ replied. He was trying to act like he didn't care but he was secretly glad that she would be by his side.

Emerson reached forward taking JJ's hand as they walked up to the front door. The former kook didn't know what to do to help JJ once they got inside the house. She just squeezed his hand, hoping it would comfort him.

"Dad," JJ called out once he closed the front door behind him. The two of them walked further into the house in search of Luke. 

As they walked through the house Emerson looked all around. She didn't know what she expected but it wasn't this. No family pictures, no dining room table. Instead the house was messy with beer bottles and other random items thrown about carelessly.

"Dad!" JJ said again, making Emerson move faster to keep up with him.

They found him snoring on the couch and completely passed out. JJ let go of Emerson's hand as he walked right up to Luke. "Dad, I need the keys to the Phantom," JJ told him. Luke didn't budge from his position as another soft snore escaped his mouth. "Dad?"

"Do you know where he kept them?" Emerson whispered not wanting to wake up Luke unless they had to.

JJ shook his head as he picked up a prescription bottle that was left half empty on the coffee table. JJ looked down at Luke when something caught his eye. He reached forward, gently picking up the necklace that was around Luke's neck, which of course had the keys to the Phantom. JJ exhaled as he picked up a pencil and tweezers, so he could attempt to remove the necklace.

"JJ," Emerson whispered a hint of fear in her voice.

"I got this," He said quietly then leaned forward trying to get the necklace. He had just barely begun when Luke opened his eyes making JJ step backwards.

"I didn't expect to see you," Luke said to his son. "You're back."

"Yeah, no, I just-" JJ struggled to form complete sentences as Luke forced himself off the couch. "Just checkin' in."

"Who's this?" Luke asked once his eyes landed on Emerson.

JJ never really brought girls to his house, especially when he knew that Luke would be there. It had been ages since Luke had seen his son's friends, let alone a girl he liked so it was safe to say that Luke was surprised.

Emerson took a small step forward but JJ put his hand in front of her to keep her from getting too close. He didn't know what Luke would do to her if he got mad for some reason. "I'm Emerson Rhodes, sir," She replied, smiling at the man.

"Sir?" He questioned, with an amused look on his face. No one has ever called Luke Maybank Sir. Luke then turned to JJ, "She yours?"

"Well, I- uh... y-yeah. She's my girlfriend," JJ told his father, who then nodded in approval.

"My boy," Luke laughed proudly as he glanced back at Emerson. "He takin' care of you?"

Emerson nodded, "Yes, sir."

"Good," Luke nodded. "School out for you two?" He asked as he glanced between the two.

"What?"

"Did you ditch?" Luke laughed, "It's all right. You can tell me. I ditched school a lot back in my day, especially when a pretty girl was with me."

"Yeah. I hit the break, you know," JJ chuckled.

Luke laughed again then smiled up at his son. "I hated school too. My boy! Hey, you know what... Listen, hey," Luke stood up grabbing onto JJ's shoulder. "Hey, look, I know I'm hard on you sometimes. But sometimes, I see- I see your mother in you, and it gets me a little tweaked, you know?" He told JJ and they both let out an uncomfortable laugh. "You're a good boy. And I love you, son. Come here," He pulled JJ into a hug, "I love you, son."

JJ sniffled before wrapping his arms around Luke, "I love you too, dad. I'm sorry."

"Ain't got nothin' to be sorry for," Luke told him as his arm fell limp. JJ sighed as he helped his dad back onto the couch. "You're a good boy," He said before passing out again.

JJ let out a shaky breath before reaching his hand forward and grabbing the key from Luke's neck. He turned to Emerson then gave her a hesitant smile.

Without saying a word Emerson walked over to him, putting her arms around his neck. JJ's body relaxed the second she touched him. He didn't understand how she had this power over him, but she did, and he loved it.

He pulled his head away slightly, pressing his lips against hers. The kiss was soft, they both moved slowly but their grip on each other only got tighter.

It was at this exact moment that both Emerson and JJ realized they didn't want to be without each other. They depended on each other. Even though they've only liked each other for a couple days. That's all it took for them to realize they never wanted to be apart.

After everything they've gone through in the last couple of days. The murders, the treasure hunts, the lies, all of it has made them grow closer. Even with Rafe in their way and JJ's fear of commitment they still want to be around each other.

"Thank you," JJ said, his lips brushing against Emerson's when he spoke.

"You don't have to thank me," She told him.

JJ nodded and he pulled away from her. 

 "Let's get outta here," He said, reaching out to take her hand.

"Okay," She replied as she took his hand then they both walked back out to the car.

The second Kiara saw them walk out the door. She started the engine and waited for them to get back into their seats. JJ got into the front seat and Emerson took his spot in the back. Kiara looked at both of them, trying to figure out what happened inside the house.

"How'd it go?"

JJ didn't reply, instead he lifted up his hand that the chain wrapped around his fingers, the key resting in the palm of his hand. Kiara just sighed then backed out of the driveway, driving towards the Phantom.

author's note: Last two chapters come out tomorrow!! 

[edited]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 4.2K 54
"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫?" 𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐢𝐤�...
33.3K 532 24
Tayvis one-shots! I will be writing smut. This is my first time writing so patience plz😭Also pleaseeee give ideas and thoughts in comments!!!
810K 9.1K 26
she was always seen as the 'innocent little sister' by everyone and she didn't want to be anymore
9.4K 191 46
COMPLETED Alternative title : 绯闻太多是我的错吗 Author : 古拉漫社 "shi yue" cp is popular all over the internet, but no one knows that bai fangshi and sheng yue...