08: virgin glory ✩

"Just forget about it!"

--☆--☆--☆--

"You should've heard the way John B talked to me," Sarah told her boyfriend as they continued walking towards the rest of the kooks. "That kid's got a mouth on him."

"Well, he showed his true colors, Sarah," Topper said, silently glad that John B had been fired.

"He was so rude!" She exclaimed.

"I know! It's what I've been trying to tell you." Topper reminded her. "I mean, he's lucky your dad didn't press charges."

"I know! After stealing scuba from us? It's just... kind of ridiculous to me," Sarah told him. "After everything my dad has done for him."

"Yeah."

"Just so generous. You'd think that he'd be more grateful," Sarah continued. "Then he yells at me like it's my fault!"

"That's-" Topper chuckled, "It's- He's a pogue, at the end of the day," He shrugged. "I mean, you can say we're all just people, or- or whatever, but it's a totally different mindset on the cut."

"Yo, you two look thirsty," Kelce said as he walked towards Sarah and Topper with a water bottle filled with mysterious yellow liquid.

"Hey," Emerson smiled as she moved to stand beside her best friend.

"Okay, what do we- what do we got here?" Topper asked as he unscrewed the cap.

"Have some of that baby," Kelce laughed.

Topper laughed as he smelled the drink," Oh my god!" He took a large gulp of it, a flash of disgust crossing his face. "Oh man." He passed the drink to Emerson who had been standing right next to him.

She quickly smelled the drink, the scent of alcohol filling her nose. "Oh god," she laughed, then took a large drink from the bottle. "Come on S, you're turn," she laughed, passing it to Sarah.

"Hey, what about me?" Hayden, Emerson's younger brother, complained.

Emerson ignored him and handed the bottle to Sarah. She also smelled it, a cringe appearing on her face as she looked at Kelce. "What did you do to this?" She laughed.

"He's not playin' around," Topper laughed as Sarah took her drink. Before she could finish swallowing it Wheezie grabbed the bottle and took a drink for herself.

"Whoa! Whoa," Topper raised his eyebrows.

"Mm-mm," Sarah shook her head as she grabbed the drink from her younger sister. "Since when did you start drinking?" Sarah asked.

"Since today," Wheezie claimed, trying to hide the disgust on her face.

"Good going Kelce," Sarah let out a sigh of annoyance.